Game Thread Alost - Page 44 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #646  
Old Feb 26th, 2022, 08:39 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 15767
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,754
Ivyian's voice rings out louder and clearer than all the other noises in the Wood. Right after, several sprites fly over the cambion, shooting him with their tiny arrows and dropping a bright yellow powder that covers the cambion and sticks to him like molasses. The cambion is slowed and easily seen now. Ivyian fires, both arrows hitting the cambion between the shoulder blades and driving deep into the creature's chest. The cambion stumbles and falls over. As it tries to rise, a hand axe bounces off it's head and Jurdikai strides into view. Jurdikai wastes no time sizing up the foe, he walks up, grasps the cambion by the hair and chops it's head off with a single, clean blow. A mass of black butterflies erupt from the now headless corpse, fluttering about and dropping dead to the forest floor as soon as they are touched by sunlight. Slowly the dead butterflies catch fire and burn to a gray colored ash. The cambion's corpse becomes liquid, melting and washing away, not even leaving a stain on the leaves and grass of the ground.
A deep silence falls over the whole forest, broken only by the sound of pixie and sprite wings as more than two dozen of the small faerie folk converge on the scene. Ivyian watches them form a circle in the air and softly they sing what sounds like a hymn. Two other voices from farther away join the sprites and pixies and Ivyian glances in time to see two dryads, holding hands and singing with the sprites and pixies. The two dryads are more than a hundred yards away, but Ivyian can tell they helped in the fight. They keep their distance though, still too many humans and others they don't trust.

Quarious eyes narrow as he looks Endellion over, then widen as he says in a voice full of hope, Can you do that? Can you send me home? I don't know how I would ever repay you for that Endellion. Bodvar walks past the three men who surrendered, leaving them to Hew's 'gentle care,' while he inspects the cage. Endellion watches Bodvar examining the bars and the lock and in moments Bodvar takes a small, ball peen hammer from his satchel and starts tap, tap, tapping on the lock. In moments the lock snaps and Bodvar pulls the cage door open and Quarious climbs out, tries to stand on two human legs and falls over. Once he falls, Quarious starts resuming his true form. His steel blue scales glow in the sun and his eyes turn a dark sea storm grey. Quarious is about eight feet long and close to 400lbs. He is built like serpent more than a lizard. Once fully changed, he curls into a ball and looks up at Endellion, his eyes blinking against the sun.

OOC-Endellion can send Quarious back to the Fey Wilde. The Night Blades are looting and gathering all the equipment still useable from the dead and captured. They currently have three peasant militia, one true soldier, and a sergeant of the Order of the Knight's Templar as prisoners. The sergeant is not a Knight. He is a member of the Order but is more like a ranking squire than a normal fighter.
Reply With Quote
  #647  
Old Feb 26th, 2022, 11:23 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,074
Ivy Looks around He Holds his Bow up in the air with his other hand pointing to the sprites and Dryads and Bowing His head.

Once more He calls outTHANKYOU FOLK FOR THE FORST. WE WOULD NOT HAVE WON, WITHOUT YOUR AID....STAY VIGILANT...LET NO CREAURTES
SUCH AS THESE PASS WITH OUT PAIN!


Looking around he calls out..Gru, if you are here.. stay close to be, lest someone think you are some fell folk.

Limping some, from his wounds..bloody to be sure and stopping at the place where the prisoners are..looking them Over.....Tell me why you came this way...what was your mission..and why would you serve foul creatures that you have served....and..mark my word...i ask this but once...

He Draw is runecovered blade, waiting for them to speak,,,his eyes staring coldly at the templar.
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #648  
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 01:12 AM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 417
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion speaks in Elvish since it seemed to be understood by those she has interacted with. She will use Common if she has to, but it is not a preference.

Hearing that hope in the dragon’s voice made Endellion smile warmly. “There is no need for repayment. Be safe my friend…” she spoke softly as she reached out to touch him as she focused on the Fey Wilde, her fingers just barely brushing against his scales before he was whisked away. Green orbs moved to where Bodvar was, her smile still there on her plump lips before she focused on what was happening around her. Seeing Ivy made her face light up but the smile was short lived. Seeing his wounds brought a look of shock. She moved up to him, letting him know of her presence before shifting her position behind him. Gently, she placed her hand upon his back, Casting my last Cure Moderate Wounds
Dice Roll:
2d8+5 (2, 8)+5 Total = 15
chanting in her native tongue as her hand began to softly glow and travel through him to his wounds.

 
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas
Reply With Quote
  #649  
Old Mar 7th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 15767
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,754
Quarious closes his eyes and whispers what might be seen as a small prayer if he were human. His head rocks gently back and forth as Endellion reaches out, touching him. The smoothness of his scales surprises her, that and how dry they seemed, not moist or scratchy like so many snakes and newts she had seen. His scales felt more like a wood turtle's shell than anything else. For a moment, Quarious is there, then a whiff of lavender and oak, a sense of loam, rich with life and Quarious is gone, along with that sense of the Fey Wilde. Endellion feels lighter on her toes, almost weightless for the moment after, then the day and the aftermath of the battle returns in full force. She feels Hew next to her. Seeing her unfocused in the moment, Hew reaches a steadying hand.
Bodvar stands there, smacking his lips looking somewhat amused and impressed. You have some rare gifts Endellion. Thank the Stones I have had a chance to see such things and to call you friend. Bodvar is talking and looking over the prisoners as he uncorks a water skin and takes a long pull before offering some to her and Hew.

Ivyian calls out his thanks and he sees both dryads wave before stepping into the trees and disappearing. The smaller pixies and sprites still remain, singing and dancing in the grass where the cambion died. A few of them flutter about Jurdikai, who stands there looking more confused than anything about what to do next.
Gru lands lightly on Ivyian's shoulder. He is still invisible and happily humming. Ogmund and Giardi join Ivyian as he limps over to the prisoners. Ivyian finds Bodvar, Endellion, and Hew standing there. All three of them have some wounds, but nothing serious and certainly less hurt than him or some of the others. Hew smiles and grits his teeth saying, Kaja was here. She shot me and I shot her back before Endellion chased her off. Kaja is bleeding, but moving fast. I thnk she has some kind of magic aiding her speed. I am not sure we could catch her, but it might not hurt to track her, find where she is going. Have to be careful though, you know she will set traps. I didn't see any sign of any bugbears, which is good. That is the first time seeing her without them.
Ivyian is looking at the prisoners, the three peasants look terrified and miserable, kneeling with their heads bowed. The one soldier is sitting with his hands bound behind his back. He looks calm, but not relaxed. There is a sour, unwashed smell coming off him. He is lean with a hatchet shaped face and narrow shoulders. His long dark hair is tied back in a pony tail. His armor is decent enough, but not well cared for as our his two short swords.
Sitting farther away from the soldier and the peasants, is the Templar sergeant. All his gear, armor, sword, Bec-de-Corbon, and surcoat are in good shape and look well cared for. The sergeant is bleeding from a bolt in his leg, that is still there. He has dark chocolate colored hair, grey eyes and a smooth, clean shaven face. His cheeks are rounded over a wide chin. He is missing his left ear and most of his teeth. He sits quietly praying until Ivyian walks up.
Quote:
Tell me why you came this way...what was your mission..and why would you serve foul creatures that you have served....and..mark my word...i ask this but once...
The sergeant looks up, saying nothing at first. Endellion chooses that moment to walk up behind Ivyian, gently touching him and healing his wounds. To the sergeant, the soldier, and the peasants, it looks like Ivyian has miraculously healed himself. Ivyian stands there while his wounds heal, the skin closes and his bleeding stops. All three peasants fall forward, prostrating themselves before Ivyian and crying. The soldier turns white and looks down, shaking his head and praying to St. Dinadain for a merciful death.
The sergeant's eyes widen and he too says a quick prayer before replying, We were escorting these wagons to St. Quentin's of Lenneck. I don't know more than that. It was a hush, hush cargo. I was led to believe we were guarding a witch for trial or agitators to the Kingdom. Those poor men know even less. They were conscripted right out of the fields only two days ago. The soldier, Hule may know more. He was assigned to guard the wagon that held the serpent. I didn't know the serpent was there. As I said, I thought the serpent was a witch going to trial. When the sergeant mentions Hule, the soldier looks up and sneers at him before looking away, not wanting to meet Iyvian's eyes.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Mar 17th, 2022 at 01:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #650  
Old Mar 7th, 2022, 06:02 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,074
Ivy turns slightly to Ellde,giving her a small smile of thanks. To Hew he says.....no..she is hurt and she has failed, to send someone after her, wi=ould give her a chance to gain some self respect..or , perhaps offer her handlers a gift of sorts.... let her shuffle and moan , how she failed to those who hold her leash.

another Whistper to Gru... if you are able to cast a light on me for a few sconds...as I talk to these folks...

Looking at the Field folk He says...holding out his hand to them..he says....You three have a choice... we will allow you to run home..but your former comrades may hunt you down for food...Or..You may come to Town... Talk to Berwulf and see if he has work for you to do....

Kicking Hule's feet, he says...This one stays bound..if he tries
to run, we stake him to a tree..alive or dead, it matters not to me..Again Berwulf will decide his fate.


Moving his hand towards The SGT.. he looks at the wound the to the SGT, I grew up in Falcons point... Demi-humans were treated like
vermin, and that was on the good days.... we learned to hit back.. Tax collectors... Cardinals men...


Looking at the Insignias, his eyes shift to those of the SGT...I have never let any who wore this insignia Live before, after a fight....you should find time to thank the Sisters, for I, again, will allow berwulf to decide your fate.... I will ask you another question... The woman, Kaja...who sent her with you.. If you cannot answer, that is fine...if you can provide an answer, it may aid your cause...

he stands as he waits,search the wagons for chests and
such...send a runner to the town for Laymen who wish to salvage the wagons...


A look at the prisoners, he shakes his head,..I must have had too much wine last eve.... I have never taken this many prisoners....

Come, let us go back, there are wounds to Tend, and judgments to be made...
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #651  
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 07:38 PM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 417
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion speaks in Elvish since it seemed to be understood by those she has interacted with. She will use Common if she has to, but it is not a preference.

She felt light headed once Quarious was sent back home but was immediately comforted when Hew’s strong hand found her shoulder. Large green eyes looked up at him and she smiled warmly, that weariness clearly seen on her fair features. Hearing Bodvar smack his lips brought her attention to the dwarf and she found herself blushing as he spoke. Thankful, Endellion took the offered waterskin and took a drink. “I am very thankful for you and the pulse of my heart…” Her gaze darted to Hew, nonverbally letting him know that she was referring to him with the last part of her statement.

After she healed Ivyain, Endellion moved to join back up with Hew, leaning up against him and burying her face in his large chest and wrapping her arms around his waist, sighing softly. “I am tired…” she muttered.
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old Mar 17th, 2022, 02:17 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 15767
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,754
Endellion heals Ivyian and hears Gru whispering to him. The little gremlin reaches out, touching the top of Endellion's ear and softly rubbing it to comfort her before settling on Ivyian's shoulder and casting a glamour on Ivyian. Hew pulls her close, almost lifting her so she can rest while she drinks. Bodvar gives her a very pleased smile back. Endellion closes her eyes, leaning into Hew. He lifts her onto his hip, easily holding her there like she was a child and letting her lay her head against his shoulder and neck.

Several of the Nightblades put the fires on the burning wagons out, not wanting to start a forest fire here. Others move about, checking the dead, looting the bodies and what can be salvaged from the wagons. Ivyian moves over, standing in front of the prisoners, a soft golden glow rises around him, like the morning sun is right behind him. The Templar Sgt raises his hand after Ivyian finishes speaking, Kaja was hired by Sir Alcuin to help catch Brinna Tollbeck for banditry and Murder outside Lokeren and a Siofra, a half elven witch practicing necromancy around Blosque.
The three peasants all quickly nod in unison to Ivyian's suggestion of going to Blosque and meeting Bregwulf. One holds his hand up, I am from Blosque. I grew up there. I used to tend the old Lord's geese, the Countess' Father that is, not the Countess. I would serve her though, she is a fair lady. A slow hiss slides out of Hule. If you like witch's. Hule now glares at the three peasants and all three men quiet and look away, suddenly more afraid of Hule than Ivyian. It is well known the Countess is a witch. Has been since she first became a woman. If not for the Church and her father, she would have burned long ago or been committed to a Convent. Father Lujan and Sir Pugmire came this way looking to capture her. She killed his uncle, Father Pumere', blackened his skin with a conjuring. He died two days later. Brinna says nothing, but she gives Ivyian a knowing look. Hule is lying about Father Pumere' or he is badly misinformed. Ivyian and Brinna killed Pumere' in Blosque. They shot him in an alley as he was trying to capture Lylanna. Father Pumere' served Lord Fane, the Earl of Vildovort. Hule is grinning at Ivyian now, his eyes glimmer with satisfaction, I think you should let me go now. Or your dryad friend withers and dies.

The Templar Sgt looks over. His face scrinches a bit as he tries to discern what Hule is about. Endellion senses the Sgt is actually a decent person and is more than likely telling the truth as the Sgt knows it. Hule though, makes her skin crawl. She can sense there is something wrong about him, something not right, not right at all. He is not just mean and compassionless, he is truly evil. Hule turns his head to look at Endellion. When he does, she feels a chill run along her skin, even Hew pulling her close, doesn't help. Bodvar steps in front of her as the cold creeps up and down her legs. She doesn't see anything, but she feels a cold, fleshly hand running up and down her body, touching and pinching her several times. A sense of nausea starts to roll in her stomach and for a moment Hew and Bodvar and Ivyian fade from view. She blinks, seeing a distorted image of them then they are gone. Endellion realizes she has gone blind!

OOC-Endellion SA Fortitude DC 14 to ward off the Hex/Curse. Otherwise she is weakened and blind and sores will start breaking out on her body. Ivyian took no damage and was not targeted by the spell.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Mar 20th, 2022 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old Mar 17th, 2022, 08:56 AM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,074
Ivy smiled as his skin Glows...This feow here...is a Liar..I saw Pumere die, his ehad was taken so he could never come back....he died in the
puddles of an alley begging for his life...
.

Ivy drew his blade.. letting the glow , gru has cast, shine off the blade...Now? Witches? they are good or bad, depending on who they serve... we burned the house of the whip-whore, and we have Killed, many folk who sought to harm that town....Kaja? she has run from us twice now...she is foolish, of course,,her masters will treat her badly for her second failure...

Now? Have you played there Game of castles and Kings?..if the lady is..indded a witch, then she is from the white side of the board...were you are just pawns on the Black side of the Board..

There is also, the Knaves? they can strike from , almost anywhere...and hard to defend.... You,,Hule..are a black Knave,,, he smiled and drove his Blade into Hule, right below the throat...

I..however.. am a white Knave.....

Depending on the actions... he will then ask that the SGT have the crossbow bolt removed from his leg, and healed enough to walk.

Let us get Elde to the town..see if she can get aid at the Orphanage...
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 01:44 PM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 417
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion speaks in Elvish since it seemed to be understood by those she has interacted with. She will use Common if she has to, but it is not a preference.

His very presence was comforting as she did just that, laying her head on Hew’s shoulder/neck, eyes closed as she somewhat listened to what Ivy and the prisoners were talking about. Her eyes opened after Hule mentioned ‘Dryad friend’ and Fort. Save
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (6)+6 Total = 12
looks at him as her vision slowly begins to fade shortly after being assaulted by some magical means which made her squirm uncomfortably. "Hew!" Her grip on the big man tightened, that fear clearly heard in her voice as she buried her face in his neck, her whole frame trembling as her strength began to fail her. "W-what is...happening?" Her voice was strained as she held back tears of confusion. There was an inward plea to Alicia to protect her...or anything that she could do.
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas

Last edited by Arrevanthas; Mar 19th, 2022 at 01:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old Mar 20th, 2022, 03:27 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 15767
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,754
Hule smiles, enjoying Endellion's plight, his eyes licking up her fearful cries, almost like he was feeding on them. Endellion grasps Hew, almost breaking his skin. Hew holds her and turns from Hule, trying to protect her. A wave of nausea rolls from her stomach as the thick, cold blackness takes further hold.
Ivyian steps up, smiling down at Hule's, who is looking up with a self satisfied smirk. Hule doesn't see the blade, wasn't even looking for it. Hule felt it, then Ivyian plunges the knife deep, severing Hule's life. Hule garbles a few unintelligible sounds and dies. A snapping sound is heard coming from Endellion and the nausea is gone, her sight returns and Hew's body quickly starts warming her. A few black droplets of sweat roll off Endellion and she shakes off the curse.
Mon Dieu! The Templar Sgt cries out, casting a protection spell as he does. Ivyian and Endellion feel the warm glow surround them, a blessing of protection from evil. The spell helps Endellion breath easier and regain her bearings and composure. The other three prisoners all stare at Hule's body, then quickly look away, muttering prayers of their own to St. Dinadain. Hule served Lord Marcum Fuvieaux, The Viscount of Fontenay. Seeing this, shocks me, but not so surprising considering all the rumors about the Viscount.

Ogmund has walked up to Endellion and with her permission, looks her over. When he is done, he says, This Hule cast a minor hex or curse on Endellion. I think he did it more as a bluff than anything else. The curse, harsh as it felt, was minor and would have only lasted a few more minutes. Once Hule was out of range, roughly a hundred feet away, the curse would have gone away on it's own. Usually such things take time to cast. Curses are more a ritual magic requiring more time and effort than a few seconds. Endellion, I think you are going to be fine. I don't see any lasting ill. You should get some rest though, and I mean sleep. Ogmund says the last looking at Hew, quirking his eyebrow as a sort of reminder, that resting meant sleeping....
Devan walks up to Ivyian,We have gathered everything we want and found four more prisoners. All young women are from the Coast. I think they are Frisian or Jutes. I don't know. They have all had their teeth removed and tongues pulled, so they can't really speak to us. They have not been well treated. Two of the wagons have odd sigils on them, so we are going to burn them when we leave. We have a number of wounded, most who can walk. Devan stops talking, pausing for a moment, gathering his thoughts, before speaking quietly, Alonse is gone. He took a spear to the stomach. We want to bury him at the Orphanage if we can. I know they have a cemetery there. Alonse would have wanted that. He donated most of his earnings there.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Mar 31st, 2022 at 06:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old Mar 20th, 2022, 06:51 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,074
Ivy wipes the his blade on Hule's clothing. There is a bit of a satisfied smile on his face...he looks , first at the peasants, then to the SGT.Marcum made a grand mistake. He might have more coin, and he has spell power..but he is gutless to the core. He sends people out to die, to gather helpless women for him so he might
glean pleasure and power from them. He, for whatever Mindless reason, decided to covet one of my friends? This, started on an ever growing battle between his minions
and Me, and my people..Kaja suffered for this as well..


Serving MArcum, is serving the deepest of darkness... One
should have taken a clue from that, for what he did to those women.


Sheathing His Blade.. Load up the Wounded , The Templar SGT as well, Hew and a pair of other ride with them...The women as well. perhaps something can be done for them

Turning to the SGT...what can you tell us, about those marked
wagons?


As he waits and he hears about Alonse, Ivy looked a away . a visage of anger and sorrowWe will ask the orphanage for this boon. Should they be
too uncomfortable with that..we will burn him and settle his ashes there..


If any one here can read the markings on those wagons, speak up...if nay, we destroy them... I rather lean to be safe, then to be sorry.
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 12:46 AM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 417
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion speaks in Elvish since it seemed to be understood by those she has interacted with. She will use Common if she has to, but it is not a preference.

Ende didn’t mind Ogmund looking her over but she didn’t release her hold on Hew, listening quietly to what he had to say. His last comment though confused her and it showed on her face as she cocked her head to the side, her lips pursed. “What do you mean? What else would I be doing?” After looking at the dwarf for a few seconds, she looked up to Hew, that confusion clear but also trying to gauge his own reaction. Of course she would be snuggling up to him…was there something else they were supposed to be doing even though Ogmund told her to actually sleep?
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old Mar 31st, 2022, 04:32 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 15767
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,754
The three peasants lower their heads, almost bowing to Ivyian. He can see them shivering again, smell the fear coming off them when he mentions Lord Marcum. Even at this moment, Ivyian gets the impression the peasants fear Marcum as much as Ivyian. He can also tell they would no way help Marcum of their own volition.
Ivyian, I am Sgt. Burgred of the Knights Templar. Those sigils look old to me. I know they are not Latin or Byzantine as would be normal for the church. Burgred pauses for a moment, clearly wrestling with his conscience before saying, Sister Allutta drew them. She is a Nun in the service of Saint Abelard. One of the few initiated into the Circle of Wisdom.
Ragusso had been standing near the wagon, looking the sigils over before Burgred spoke. Ragusso now walks over to Ivyian and whispers, The Sgt is correct. The sigils are old Akkadian script, often used by Nergalites. The sigils are meant to deplete and contain prisoners or other living things of magical nature. Mages, pixies, dryads, the dragon Endellion freed and so on. The sigils only offer harm to what is in the wagon. They offer no danger to those outside. I wish to burn these, along with all the clothes and gear. Nergal is an ancient deity of pestilence and violent death and disaster. We have run across something like this before when chased Marcum out of town. We may want to pay this 'Sister Allutta a visit.

The rest of the Nightblades are only too eager to destroy the wagons and most of the blankets they found. Some of the other gear they burn with some reluctance. The Night Blades take a little over an hour to burn most of the captured gear and wagons, leaving little but smoldering bits and pieces of wood and pieces of chain armor. The pixies have told Gru and Gru tells Ivyian that there are at least a hundred soldiers north of them on the road and more soldiers with priests and Knights on the road south of them. Both groups are trying to decide what actually happened and how to proceed. So far they haven't even sent out scouts.

Hew's face flushes a bright crimson when Endellion asks,
Quote:
What do you mean? What else would I be doing
Hew stammers a bit before Bodvar touches Endellion. The dwarf is smiling and trying not to blush or laugh, Endellion, sometimes people lay together and don't sleep, they stay up talking...and Hew gulps and quickly says, Yea Endellion, talking, Ogmund wants us to sleep and not stay up talking. Come on, Endellion, lets escort these people back to Blosque and then you can rest. Endellion sees Hew give Ogmund an exasperated glance before turning back to her and hugging her close for a moment. Ogmund smiles back, clearly enjoying Hew's discomfort. She can several of the other Night Blades have intently listened and watched without saying a thing. She knows they will be talking later among themselves.

OOC-The skirmish is finished, the party has cleaned up the field as much as they can, burning the bodies after Ragusso and Burgred give them last rites. The party is now headed back to Blosque unless you want to do something different.
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old Mar 31st, 2022, 06:43 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,074
Watching the Goods and Wagons burn,, The Elf points to one of his archers.... Run ahead, send word for Burwulf and The SGT to meet as at the GAtes, or at the Orphange..

turning to others,.. Move quicly. but leave no one struggling..use
spears or fallen branches to make 'carry chair' for those who need it... This is not over with 100 Troops to the north ans More to the South....


as the peOple begin to Move, Ivy calls out to the forest....THANK YOU BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE WOOD...DO WHAT YOU ARE ABLE TO DO TO SLOW, OR KILL ANY OTHERS WHO APPORACH. BUT TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES, FOREMOST!... THEY WANT YOUR KIND, DO NOT LET THEM GET YOU...DO NOT
LET THEM TREAPSS WITH OUT HEAVY PAYMENT....BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU DID THIS
DAY....BUT, THERE SEEMS TO BE MORE TO COME..


waving to the forest, he bows, then Jogs to catch up to his people
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"

Last edited by donsr; Apr 1st, 2022 at 12:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 10:35 PM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 417
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion speaks in Elvish since it seemed to be understood by those she has interacted with. She will use Common if she has to, but it is not a preference.

She gave Hew an even more confused look, frowning a bit. By his own reaction, talking didn’t seem to make much sense. “But…we don’t stay up talking…” She said, glancing back to Bodvar and Ogmund before looking back up to Hew, despite the exasperated look he gave the dwarf. When he turned and hugged her tightly, Endellion smiled, laying her head on his well-muscled chest and sighing wistfully, those fluttery feelings welling up within. “Hew? Can we…snuggle?” she asked softly, wanting that closeness even though Ogmund wanted her to sleep.
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB