Game Thread Alost - Page 52 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #766  
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 01:37 AM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 419
Endellion
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion still speaks in Elvish for the most part but will use Common when it comes to interactions with Hew..

The sound of the beating brought tears to Endellion’s eyes as she swallowed hard. Hiding her emotions was never her strong suit and when Hew placed a hand upon her shoulder, she managed to take a deep breath, trying to calm down. Ende looked to Voraiya to see if she was going to aid Hew…or hopefully one of the others. As much as she wanted to be his backup…there was a boy in the front being beaten and she couldn’t just let it happen. With a deep frown that just didn’t suit her fair features, Endellion moved to a window that allowed her a Initiative
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (11)+2 Total = 13
view of the boy outside.


 
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas
Reply With Quote
  #767  
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 07:15 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
IvyianIvyian sees the whole room. He sees a small shadow high on the ceiling above the hearth. Gru is there, holding a tea pot of hot water over the men's heads if needed. Several of the towns folk Ivyian knows slip out of the room and two men, one a quarter orc, slide quietly into chairs. The two newcomers both carry long bladed daggers that are almost short swords. The blades are designed in a style Ivyian is not familiar with, but the deadliest of the blades is readily apparent to him,(1d4+2 damage due to design).

The other thing that becomes apparent to Ivyian is that the quarter orc and his friend bear no kindness to the Normans from Falcon's Point. Ivyian now places the quarter orcs companion as a Gascon. He has known a few Gascons in his time. Reliable men, stand up in a fight and good with knives if he remembers correctly.

The moment Ivyian stands up, the tenor in the room changes. The Normans had expected him to cower, to plead or beg or slink away, not stand up and confront them. They realize now, Ivyian sees it in their faces, that they are in for a fight and that Ivyian is not the Pale Frail, they expected.
Two of the Normans faces droop. Ivyian can see they realize who he might be, if not that, they certainly recognize his association. The quarter orc and his companion turn in their seats, setting themselves up to back stab anyone coming through the door, like the Norman with the broad sword.
The man with the crossbow sets the weapon down on the floor and quietly leaves by the kitchen door. Two others lay their blades down and quickly follow him, leaving only the three men by the fireplace. The first man who stood and spoke hesitates, licking his lips trying to decide what to do. It takes him a moment to realize half his men have left. Seeing that, he slowly bends down and lays his short sword on the floor before unbuckling his belt and laying it with two daggers alongside the blade. His two companions follow suit and all three head for the door.
Out on the porch, the man with the pipe and the man with the broad sword step off the porch and start walking towards the Livery across the street.


EndellionEndellion rises as Hew and Voraiya both move towards the door. She sees the young mage Relkin following her with his eyes. When she reaches the window, he stands up and starts walking towards her. Outside in the yard, Endellion sees three men in heavy studded leather coats standing around the boy. One side of the boy's face is black and blue and he is bleeding from the top of his ear. There is also a scuff mark on his chin. He wears a simple wool shift and leather shoes that are dirty from his work in the stalls. The boy is about to start crying again when he sees Endellion. She watches his face change, gaining resilience and some defiance at the sight of her. Two of them see the change and look around. One turns and seeing Endellion, starts to raise his hand and point a finger at her. He is about to cast a magic spell, some kind of missile or ray or beam at her, of that she is certain.

OOC-Endellion has initiative, so her next action happens first. She can duck out of sight, she can start dodging, she can cast a spell herself, she could draw her bow and get one shot off.
Reply With Quote
  #768  
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 07:55 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,075
Ivy never take his eyes off the loud mouth , after the others leave. He stares, with his half smile returning.

Times are changing. Human are breeding like rats, but not al of them are rodents.,Before you go.... who sent you? The answer could go along way, to ensure you make it out of town alive...

with out speaking to any one directly, I Ivy says, some one gather the weapons, we will add them to the armory.. I want Bow men to follow the scum and speed their journey. If they offer some form of resentment, Take them down. it will save someone else the effort somewhere down the line.

His Blade hisses the whole way out of its sheath, while he waits for the fellow's answer, either way, he will motion the fellow out the main door. and follow.
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #769  
Old Jan 26th, 2023, 02:43 AM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 419
Endellion
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion still speaks in Elvish for the most part but will use Common when it comes to interactions with Hew..

The state of the boy broke Endellion’s heart, not even fully understanding why this was occurring. Those emotions were soon pushed aside and gave way to an anger that she rarely let out…an anger at the men who would do this to the young lad. Softly she began to chant, fingers weaving through the motions of her own spellcasting. When it reached its Casting Entangle. DC 15end, the various foliage around began to elongate and vine their way up the men’s leg. She knew there was a chance of entangling the boy as well but hopefully this could buy him a little more time if they were focused on her instead.
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas
Reply With Quote
  #770  
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 02:15 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
Ivyian The loud mouth hesitates, visibly wincing at Ivyian's question. The second man in line blurts out, Sir Gurvan sent us. He is a Knight of the Pale Rose. He is a most esteemed Lord and Knight. He fought in the Levant and helped the Holy Father defeat the Cathars in the South. He is looking for this woman and this elven outlaw. He has chased them all the way from the Seine Valley on behalf of the Count of Chinon. He paid in salt and silver, see? The man opens his pouch, showing two silver pieces and a disc of salt the size of a child's hand.
The first man, the loud mouth, glares at the second man. If he had his knife, he probably would have stabbed the man. Iyvian knows the second man is dead, he just doesn't know it yet. He is more a peasant than anything. The first man is a thug with some experience fighting, more a back alley brawler and sneak than straight up fighter. The third man lowers his head, not looking at anybody and not saying anything.

Ivyian herds them out the door in time to see the two men from the porch walking across the street. Ivyian hears the man with the broad sword say, That is interesting. Do you notice Charney in the common room? I wonder what Chinon is doing up here? The man with the pipe kept walking, increasing his pace as he replied, Well, we will at least have something to report back. Come, we ride now, no reason to return to our rooms at the Inn.


EndellionEndellion, holding back her tears, focused on her spell and called forth the ivy and other plants in the yard. The man is turning and pointing at her when the first tail of green ivy wraps around his ankle and starts climbing his leg. He shouts out and tries to pull away. Failing that and now the vines grasped him around the waist, he points his finger and tries to set fire to them with his spell.
His finger lights up and a moment later several gallons of water fall on him, putting out the fire of his spell and soaking him. He is sputters and spits water, looking around, but not panicking just yet.
One of the other men turns around and throws his hand axe at Endellion, missing her by several feet as the axe slams into the wall next to her and sticks there.
The young mage is right next to her. She can tell he cast the water spell. He looks worried, not sure what to do next. The young boy fled, running into the pig pen and climbing out the other side and into the barn. The third man pulls a crossbow and starts loading it. He is looking rght Endellion and Relkin.

OOC-Endellion took no damage that round
Reply With Quote
  #771  
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 01:56 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,075
Ivy points to the man who spoke...you...stay here..

Then Ivy,'shoos' the other men into the street... Putting his whistle to his moth he lets out three harsh whistles, as he knocks an arrow and raises his bow..He shouts,NONE OF THEM LEAVE....NONE OF THEM LIVE!

his snarl burst further sending the venom in the words YOU THINK YOU WOULD COME INTO OUR HOME WITH THREATS, AND LIVE TO TELL THE TALE!

I does not even think to see if his people are ready, he expects it, the Bow comes up, and he aims for those who did not have the courage to come into the building first.

Dice Roll:
1d20+12 (19)+12 Total = 31
1st bow

Dice Roll:
1d20+12 (17)+12 Total = 29
2nd bow

Dice Roll:
1d6+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
1st dam

Dice Roll:
1d6+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
2nd dam
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"

Last edited by donsr; Feb 1st, 2023 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #772  
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 04:48 AM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 419
Endellion
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion still speaks in Elvish for the most part but will use Common when it comes to interactions with Hew..


She visibly flinched as the axe hit the wall next to her, making a rather loud thunk as it did so but she wasn’t going to let that scare her away…that boy needed her help. She wasn’t even sure why all of this was happening but from what she could tell, these soldiers were hurting innocent people. “You just…want to sleep…it’s alright…just…stop fighting…” she ever-so-softly whispered in her native tongue, using a Casting Sleep. DC 15chanting type of cadence. If she could at least put the crossbow wielder out of commission…without realizing it, she found herself holding the young mage's hand more as a mean of keeping herself somewhat grounded and calm.



 
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas

Last edited by Arrevanthas; Feb 5th, 2023 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #773  
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 06:47 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
IvyianIvyian directs the men into the street. The first man who spoke, hears Ivyian and stops, then ducks down covering his ears. Ivyian strides onto the porch, calling out, the snarl in his voice clear. He shoots, both his arrows hitting the man with the pipe in the back. The man falls to his knees as the other Night Blades fire. The second man from the porch knocks two arrows and a thrown hand axe to the ground. The man with the cigar takes both of Ivyian's shots high in the back and falls to his knees.
All of the men, except the man who spoke are shot as they walk across the street. Two of the men fall dead. Ivyian is drawing another arrow, watching his foes when the cigar smoking man, still on his knees and pretending worse hurt than actual, points a finger and his ring glows bright red for a moment. Ivyian feels the explosion before he sees it.

OOC-Ivyian SA Dex, or use dodge to try and avoid spell


EndellionEndellion focuses on the man with the crossbow. She watches him pull back the cord, eye her, then put the bolt in the crossbow. Her spell enfolds him then, causing him to swoon, then fall asleep. He collapses even as his companions run.
The air around her sings with energy and not more than a second later, four dark blue bolts strike the entangled mage. He lapses at first then crumples to the ground.

OOC-Endellion took no damage that round
Reply With Quote
  #774  
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 11:42 AM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,075
Dice Roll:
1D20+5 (8)+5 Total = 13
dx

Dice Roll:
1D20+12 (9)+12 Total = 21
1ST bow

Dice Roll:
1d20+12 (12)+12 Total = 24
2nd bow

Dice Roll:
1d6+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
1st dam

Dice Roll:
1d6+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
2nd dam

only instinct will get him to move, IF HE IS ABLE, he will set off two more shafts at the man,

regardless he will shout,None of them leave, alive!

There are no other orders to give, his people and even Gru know what their tasks are, and he trusts them to finish it.
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #775  
Old Feb 14th, 2023, 05:27 AM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 419
Endellion
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion still speaks in Elvish for the most part but will use Common when it comes to interactions with Hew...

The moment was tense as she kept eye contact with the man as he loaded his crossbow. The sleep began to take hold much to her relief…that turned to surprise as the four bolts of energy struck the mage. Following suit, Endellion began to cast as well, throwing a hand out towards one of the fleeing men and unleashing her own set of Casting Magic Missile
Dice Roll:
3d4+3 (4, 2, 1)+3 Total = 10
silvery bolts.
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas
Reply With Quote
  #776  
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 05:26 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
Ivyian Ivyian stands on the porch, shouting orders to his folk. He sees the mage's ring, feels the air heat around him, knows an explosion is coming. Unflinching, Ivyian fires two more shots at the mage. His first arrow rips into the man's shoulder. Ivyian's second arrow takes out the mage's left eye. Ivyian sees the mage grasp the arrow in his eye..the world explodes around him. For a moment he is airborne, flying back and up into the common room until he crashes into a hanging lamp and then fire is all around, licking at his clothes, his skin, curling his hair and searing his nose and throat....

OOC-Ivyian took 36 hitpoints of damage and is now at -2 hp. SA Constitution DC 14 or take two more points of damage. If he reaches -10 without healing, he dies.



Endellion The four bolts hit the mage just as the crossbowman slumps into sleep. The mage stays standing due to the plants holding him up, otherwise he would have most likely fallen to the ground. His head nodding as his hands start motioning for another spell, a spear rips through his chest, pinning him to the fence and killing him. He hangs there now like some grotesque scarecrow.

The crossbowman falls to the ground, sleeping and gently snoring as the fight breaks out around him. Endellion strikes one of the running men with her silvery bolts. The hit him like hail, spinning him around and causing him to stumble and fall hard on his rear. He had a knife in his hand that flew up in the air as he spun about in a vain attempt to throw it at somebody. Endellion hears Voraiya yelling from the alley and she hears Hew shouting back as the two coordinate their attack on the other men.

Endellion hears a whoooshing sound, followed by a lack of air. For a moment she can't breathe then the air becomes superheated and she is instantly sweating. Down the street, a mushroom cloud of fire billows to the sky and flows about the surrounding streets. Endellion knows that is the Inn they had been staying out. She knows Ivyian and the other Night Blades were there drinking but mere moments ago...

OOC- Endellion took no damage that round and is not under attack at this time.
Reply With Quote
  #777  
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 10:56 AM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,075
Dice Roll:
1d20 20
SA

The last thing he remembers is the flash of Light, and the satisfaction of the fellow with the arrow in his eye...
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #778  
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 06:18 AM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 419
Endellion
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion still speaks in Elvish for the most part but will use Common when it comes to interactions with Hew...

Her stomach knotted up, her eyes widening in fear as she looked at the young mageling. Despite the tremble that now took hold of her body, Endellion looked over when the mushroom cloud of fire appeared in the sky, gasping audibly. “Oh no…” she whispered and darted to the door of the Inn. Once outside, she looked to see if there were any immediate enemies, tried to yell a warning to Hew and Voraiya before turning to run towards the Inn. “No…no no no no no…” Tears welled up in her eyes.
__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas
Reply With Quote
  #779  
Old Feb 27th, 2023, 06:55 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
AllEndellion raced through the door of the Inn and out into the street, looking for foes and watching the fiery orange cloud rise and slowly start to dissipate forty feet up in the air. She is a block away from the burning Inn where she knows the Night Blades were staying and even from that distance, the heat from the enchanted flames is fierce and hot against her skin. She can see people running from the burning Inn, and a few others running towards it, some carrying buckets.
She is halfway down the street when Hew catches up to her and the two of them run down the street, stride for stride, side by side. As she gets closer, Endellion sees the damage isn't as bad as first feared. The front porch of the Inn is wrecked and burning bright and the eaves along the front porch will soon collapse. The rest of the Inn looks okay, not having yet caught fire. The roof has a few tendrils of smoke rising up, but again, nothing too serious yet. She can Jurdikai pulling a blackened corpse from the porch, small motes of fire burning his clothes. Jurdikai himself seems mostly unscathed.
A loud hissing of steam reaches her ears as gallons of water pour from the Inn's front commom room and out onto the burning porch. Someone creates more water above the porch roof, drenching it and adding more steam as the enchanted fire burns and burns, but doesn't grow any larger. Looking through a hole in the side of the Inn wall, Endellion can see Ivyian's still form lying across a broken table. She can see he is burnt along the front and left side of his body and parts of his armor are gone, destroyed by the fire. She can't tell if he is alive or not.
Reply With Quote
  #780  
Old Mar 6th, 2023, 05:46 AM
Arrevanthas's Avatar
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 1220
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Posts: 419
Endellion
right-aligned image

Languages: Sylvan, Common, Pixie, Gnome, Elven
**Notes: Endellion still speaks in Elvish for the most part but will use Common when it comes to interactions with Hew...

No!” Endellion cried out, her eyes welling up with tears. Without much thought, she made her way inside, casting Create Water as she went, trying desperately to reach Ivyain’s prone form. The tears began to fall freely down her cheeks. The uncomfortable heat…the steam from putting out the fires stinging her skin didn’t deter the diminutive woman. “Ivyain?! Oh please…please be alive…” she sobbed, speaking softly in sylvan. Once at his body, she dropped to her knees. There was the tiniest bit of hesitation, the sight of his battered, broken form laying in the debris breaking her heart before she leaned in closely, checking him for any signs of If he is still breathing, she will begin to cast Cure Moderate Wounds
Dice Roll:
2d8+5 (4, 3)+5 Total = 12
life. As she did her best to work her healing magics, she also said a soft prayer to the Land Elder...to her Mother...to Kree...to the very earth itself, desperate to save the elf.

__________________
https://ko-fi.com/arrevanthas
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB