OOC A Trip to Remember (OOC) - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches > Completed Adventures
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 04:51 PM
Corwin's Avatar
Corwin Corwin is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 21671
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Posts: 6,942
Maybe her ghost was a good influence on her?

Post up for Oguun in a bit. Despite his relatively loose grip on Westhaven normality, he's pretty sure that's not normal
__________________
Posting rate: Slow.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 05:07 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is online now
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,907
I did a few edits to fix a bit of awkward wording on my part. Sometimes my editing slips up when I'm as eager to post as I was today.

@edit:
To be clear, I'm not calling the burning woman beautiful per se, but rather how the for the lack of a better word"dust" seems to mix with the flames to create the visual phenomenon described. I suppose your characters can decide if they find the visuals of burning clothes, skin and hair beautiful as well.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 21st, 2021 at 05:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 06:52 PM
BarrowB's Avatar
BarrowB BarrowB is offline
The King of Ducks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 3426
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Posts: 3,275
I have a theory that the death in fire looked that way, because Almavalesh never really inspected someone being burned alive, so the dream world is trying to fill in the gaps with an interesting phenomenon...

And you know full well, that I will make Aurora test that soon.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 07:09 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is online now
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrowB View Post
I have a theory that the death in fire looked that way, because Almavalesh never really inspected someone being burned alive, so the dream world is trying to fill in the gaps with an interesting phenomenon...

And you know full well, that I will make Aurora test that soon.
Well, we have 6 more adventurers too, so maybe some of them feel inspired to take the moment of Godbert's absence to talk Aurora out of any ideas. Still, you know that I'm absolutely here for it.

Either way, Almavalesh hinted at being willing to help Aurora's state of mind the first time he met her in the common room. I'll be looking forward to finding out if it will come to pass.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 21st, 2021 at 07:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 07:41 PM
BarrowB's Avatar
BarrowB BarrowB is offline
The King of Ducks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 3426
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsiege View Post
So maybe some of them feel inspired to take the moment of Godbert's absence to talk Aurora out of any ideas.
About that and Oguun's question...

Description of the Druidcraft cantrip includes: "You instantly light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire."

Would the burning dream-person count within the possibility of snuffing out... or is it way too late for it?
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 07:53 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is online now
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrowB View Post
About that and Oguun's question...

Description of the Druidcraft cantrip includes: "You instantly light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire."

Would the burning dream-person count within the possibility of snuffing out... or is it way too late for it?
Sooo, I kept the narration a bit open-ended because while Druidcraft can create fires, it's technically not within the spirit of the spell to light people on fire. However, since the peasant woman wouldn't defend herself I went ahead and just assumed that Aurora would go to the effort by lighting something appropriate and then hold it to her until she would be positively burning. The players withheld any attempts to stop her, so that was how I thought it would go.

You're right though that now after letting her go up in flames as the peasant wouldn't make any attempts to prevent the fire from spreading, the cantrip isn't really up to put it out again. My interpretation is that Druidcraft is meant to affect controlled fires, and this woman is pretty much the opposite.

Aurora is of course free to find other ways to put the flames out if that's something she'd like to do. There's probably a bucket of water or something somewhere that she can look for with another Perception check.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 21st, 2021 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 10:11 PM
Corwin's Avatar
Corwin Corwin is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 21671
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Posts: 6,942
@Mindsiege, are we in full round-robin, or can Oguun reply to Derek before the next DM post?
__________________
Posting rate: Slow.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 10:26 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is online now
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,907
Feel free to reply for now. We're not in high tension/initiative and we can be a bit flexible with how long it takes Starlight to reach you.

@edit:
As my general stance, in situations where time or NPC input don't seem relevant, I'm fine if the players do as many posts as they want to facilitate inter-party RP.
Worst case I might tell you that doing something will have consequences that require my GM post to resolve.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 21st, 2021 at 10:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 10:32 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is online now
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,907
Also, just if anybody was wondering about it, I love conflict, but for the sake of completing the adventure it would be a bad idea to go as far as resolving the conflict with PvP.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 21st, 2021 at 10:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 09:06 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
I love Oguun. i'm glad you didn't make the choice to have him chalk up what he saw to variation within the species.

MS, I see that the PCs may feel the flames. Is there any indication either way whether the flames may ignite other things within the dream?

Last edited by secretID; Nov 22nd, 2021 at 09:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 11:14 AM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is online now
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretID View Post
MS, I see that the PCs may feel the flames. Is there any indication either way whether the flames may ignite other things within the dream?
Interesting question! I think the answer requires an Investigation check.

@edit:
Just to gauge how deep your character's understanding reaches.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 22nd, 2021 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 12:26 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
Dice Perhaps I should have taken Inv proficiency:
1d20+1 (18)+1 Total = 19

Also, I was assuming that the PCs pass through the dream denizens just like in the house - yes? And what about other dream objects, like a commercial stall?
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 12:47 PM
CoffeeRogue's Avatar
CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 10th, 2021
RPXP: 1022
CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue CoffeeRogue
Posts: 124
@Mindsiege Is Earlamar in earshot of Oguun and Derek? Did he hear when Oguun told Derek about Mayuri?
__________________
I've taken the oath of Sangus
[PC]Blixif Briskfeat - An earnest rock gnome artificier in Reluctant Heroes
[PC]Earlamar Xyr - A sly half-elf rogue with a taste for deception in West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 12:56 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is online now
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeRogue View Post
@Mindsiege Is Earlamar in earshot of Oguun and Derek? Did he hear when Oguun told Derek about Mayuri?
I figured he kept close enough.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 01:06 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is online now
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretID View Post
Dice * Perhaps I should have taken Inv proficiency:
1d20+1 (18)+1 Total = 19

Also, I was assuming that the PCs pass through the dream denizens just like in the house - yes? And what about other dream objects, like a commercial stall?
From the narration that the PCs provided, I figured that everybody would be avoiding collisions. It's easily possible to pass the street normally without colliding with anybody even as they don't notice you, because your characters are aware of being ignored.

__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 22nd, 2021 at 01:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB