Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-06-2020, 04:53 PM
Ailurophile

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2046
auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie
Quote:
Originally Posted by orichulum View Post
trying to decide if I want to submit a character or not. that's a lot of energy to commit and I'm not certain I wouldn't rather put it towards a proper game.
I'm right there with you, chummer. I'm part of two games that theoretically have a daily posting requirement, one has outright foundered (though I hope it's going to revive post-COVID) and the other... well, I'm still limping along but it's showing me just how far the gap is between what I think I can commit to, and what I can really commit to.

and for all of that, i'm still tempted.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
bothers bothers
Argh, I'm interested and I have the time and I have the ideas, but I've just spent the evening reading some of the old stuff from previous years. Everything that I'm seeing says that Outplay is intended to challenge your knowledge of the rules as well as the fluff, which just isn't going to work for me.

On the other hand I guess there's nothing to stop me submitting a character concept and a bit of RP as an application, even if my character sheet is going to be full of disqualifying newb errors. Hmm.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28618
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by TADHG View Post
I'm interested. I first played around 1990. Just need to know which edition we are playing and how to input my character.
You've found the round zero thread, just follow the instructions and let those creative juices flow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothers View Post
Argh, I'm interested and I have the time and I have the ideas, but I've just spent the evening reading some of the old stuff from previous years. Everything that I'm seeing says that Outplay is intended to challenge your knowledge of the rules as well as the fluff, which just isn't going to work for me.

On the other hand I guess there's nothing to stop me submitting a character concept and a bit of RP as an application, even if my character sheet is going to be full of disqualifying newb errors. Hmm.
I won't lie, it's supposed to be a tough competition. That said, I've never come close to winning but I had a blast the year I played

If you have the time and have an idea, go for it! You'll get your name out there, snag a bag full of RPXP and have sone fun while you're at it!

What do you have to lose chummer?

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 06-07-2020, 04:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12424
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntmousie View Post
I'm right there with you, chummer. I'm part of two games that theoretically have a daily posting requirement, one has outright foundered (though I hope it's going to revive post-COVID) and the other... well, I'm still limping along but it's showing me just how far the gap is between what I think I can commit to, and what I can really commit to.
Don't let that stop you, auntmousie. Most GMs and players are pretty understanding that posting will suffer for anyone taking part in Outplay. Just let your fellow players/the GM know you're participating and it should be fine. Or, well, ask them beforehand if it's ok with them.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:08 AM
Ailurophile

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2046
auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
Don't let that stop you, auntmousie. Most GMs and players are pretty understanding that posting will suffer for anyone taking part in Outplay. Just let your fellow players/the GM know you're participating and it should be fine. Or, well, ask them beforehand if it's ok with them.
They're already pretty understanding... but I'm having a hard time getting on every day, which (unless I misread it) is what Outplay requires.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
We ask for a daily post Monday through Friday every other week until you win or are eliminated

Old 06-07-2020, 07:32 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10248
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
As perhaps the only DM running a Street Scum game on the site, I have to admit it is more of a challenge than I thought it would be and my players struggled to make their characters but the gameplay, because it was street scum, has been rewarding at times.

That being said, it is manageable. Though Troll's get the biggest shaft in street scum, in my opinion, I am tempted to run one for Outplay to see if I can do it. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

"Warning! Warning! OUTPLAY Comencing! Posting Status set to TURBULANT!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE
Old 06-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8817
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Does anyone know if certain knowledge skills are designated by book? My Chummer is suddenly telling me that my character is using something from Run Faster after I saved Knowledge skills and Contacts.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
My guess is that the book just had expanded rules for the use of that skills.

For example all the goodies you can do with small unit tactics are in splat books.

Feel free to take any knowledge skills fit your concept

Old 06-09-2020, 05:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8817
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Thanks, Chummer.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Just stopping by with more advertiment copy pasta for you all if any of you have conveniently located mountains to shout from!

I'd also like to say how proud I am of our shadow community. There are currently the same number of finished SR applications as there are D&D5 applications! I'd count it as a heck of a victory if we had more when all was said and done

So, if you're on the fence, what are you waiting for!!!

Old 06-18-2020, 06:42 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10248
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
The fence to collapse?

"Warning! Warning! OUTPLAY Comencing! Posting Status set to TURBULANT!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE
Old 06-26-2020, 05:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I know we still have 10ish min for last moment entries, but as of right now, we have more entries for the Shadowrun bracket than the D&D5 bracket! 12 to 10!

Way to go guys, thanks for your commitment. I'm stoked to get this thing off the ground