Game Thread Interplanar Happy Hour - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Reaping The Dungeon
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Zoycitenega's Avatar
Zoycitenega Zoycitenega is offline
Goddess of Sarcasm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 18th, 2014
RPXP: 296
Zoycitenega Zoycitenega Zoycitenega
Posts: 1,553
"Terribly sorry!" Karry jumped down into the muck with a splash. "Very, very sorry about that, shan't happen again until the next time." She looks from the man - Alec - to the others who happened to be there. "Well, I know who I am, I know who he is, but who are you two?" she looks curiously at Sundast. "And what are you?" she asks curiously.
__________________
Low lie the fields of Athenry
Where once we watched the small free birds fly
Our love was on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing
It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Kshnik Kshnik is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 6022
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,348
I am called Jallow the toad man stated in reply to the womans question and then finishes helping Sundast with his armor. He glances over to the dead bodies, with their items, stacked to the side and then back at the two new arrivals. Check that stack of equipment and see if there is anything you need. They wont be needed it.

Last edited by Kshnik; Sep 20th, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 09:50 AM
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 12508
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Posts: 15,788
I am a glorius and proud member of the centaur race. I will prove my people proud extremely proud and will wash the floor in the blood of my enemies. He says yelling loudly and waving his weapons around rapidly. Looking around, he remembers the original reason for the fight. Charging down the stairs he pushes open the doors with his shoulders. If anything, the revert to puberty has made him more rash and straight forward.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Sundast: You charge into the Vault of Goodies! Darn, looks like there's a few more traps to go through first. You're in a large room(60x60), with no floor save for a 10x10 platform. You see a stone egg-like structure floating out in the expanse, as well as an open door leading onward on the other side of the pit. Presumably, some of these goodies are in the egg. Now how to get them...

Ah yes, there we go. There's a stone lectern at the edge of the platform. Even comes with a large red button, labeled Trials of the Egg. How helpful.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 12508
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Posts: 15,788
OOCIs the 10 foor by 10 floating platform in thr dead center of the room? So that there is a 25 foot gap between it and me? Also what is the floor of this room? Endless, jagged spikes, or some other evilly inventive item?
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 10:36 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
OOCThe platform is by the entrance, and is what you are standing on right this very minute. The floor seems to be a bottomless black pit, with no visible features that you can see.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 11:07 PM
Zoycitenega's Avatar
Zoycitenega Zoycitenega is offline
Goddess of Sarcasm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 18th, 2014
RPXP: 296
Zoycitenega Zoycitenega Zoycitenega
Posts: 1,553
Karry giggles and looks over the bodies curiously. "How nice of him - but if I might ask, why can't a body prove their bravery and valor by making a nice seven-layer cake? Seems like it would be more useful than washing a floor with blood." She wrinkles her nose and pokes through the items. "Washing the floor with blood sounds messy."
OOCKarry takes Kib's ring of sustenance and Youko's rod of chaos. If no one else makes a move for it, she also takes their gold. A girl's got to live

---

Once the bodies have been irreverantly picked over for choice items, Karry follows the others into the next room. "Might I suggest letting me go over this place? My skills might be of use."

OOCIf there are no objections, Karry checks for traps
Dice Traps:
1d20+19 (6)+19 Total = 25
__________________
Low lie the fields of Athenry
Where once we watched the small free birds fly
Our love was on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing
It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry.

Last edited by Zoycitenega; Sep 21st, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:10 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Kary: There are no traps, save for the big obvious red button, waiting to be pushed.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:20 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2023
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
Deciding he'd rather not defile the freshly-made corpses any more than he already had, Alec makes a head start over Karry and catches up with Sundast. He makes a mental notation of the centaur's brash behaviour and the weary stance of Jallow, adopting a similar state of caution as he approached the room. The Trials of the Egg, as the nearby lectern helpfully advised, was ahead of them; the titular egg appeared to be floating in mid-air before them, above a bottomless pit.

"Notice anything out of place?" Alec asks his companions as they, too, begin to stare at the lectern and hovering egg. He squints and tilts his head, trying to pick up on anything their new rogue may have missed -
Dice Perception Check:
1d20+11 (12)+11 Total = 23
Dice Knowledge: Engineering Check:
1d20+6 (2)+6 Total = 8
Dice Knowledge: Dungeoneering Check:
1d20+6 (5)+6 Total = 11
traps or otherwise. "We're in a dungeon, yes? Lots of traps, gimmicky spells and strange monsters?" he asked his more well-versed companions, "Because with that in mind, I'm not quite convinced that we should press that button.

OoCIf my wild throwing of dice is inappropriate, disregard their results as you see fit. On a more serious note: How big is the egg-shaped structure, as far as I can tell? Can I see anything through the door on the other side of the pit, or is it obscured by the egg?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
DepictionsIt's one 5x5 square large, big enough to hold several Goodies(or perhaps the preserved corpse of an Easter Bunny of years past). The door at the far end is closed, so no. Also, this is clearly marked as the Vault of Goodies, so pushing the button clearly gets you on the road to getting those nifty prizes. Like playing skeeball at the local Pizza Parlor. Except with violence. And death.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Sep 23rd, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Kshnik Kshnik is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 6022
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,348
Jallow starts to follow the others but his eyes are drawn back to the pile of stuff remaining. One sec He croaks before heading back and grabbing the rest of the stuff. Never know what we may need.

Jallow picks up the two wands and places them within a sheath he has on his thigh. He grabs the belt, notices the potions, but leaves them alone as he puts the belt into his backpack. The boots and bracers follow the belt. Jallow looks at the hat, places it on his head, shrugs his shoulder, since it doesnt effect his vision, deciding to leave it on. Jallow looks at the items left from the little kobold. Jallow places the kobolds bag bag on his belt, while throwing the robe and beads into his backpack. Jallow ponders over the quiver and backpack remaining Bah he mumbles before leaving them were they are, along with his old cloak, as he hurries to catchup to his companions.

Once at the room Jallow casts a quick spell to see magic. Once the spell is cast he glances around looking for anything suspcious while trying to find any traps.

 
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:53 AM
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 12508
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Posts: 15,788
Grabbing a rope from his pack, Sundast ties a noose. Twirling it around his head, he launches it at the egg structure in the center. Hoping to cinch it tight around the egg, he stares as he tries to secure the egg. .

OOC and DiceI am unsure what kind of check this would be. So I will roll a d20 and let you add the modifiers as is appropriate for this.

Dice Roll:
d20 6

Last edited by mightymconeshot; Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Jallow: The egg is magical(Heavy Abjuration, Mixed). Probably to keep you from magicing your way through the trials. There's also a spot on the floor in front of the button(Light Transmutation, [Translocation]). Probably a levitation spell.

Sundast: The rope curls away and back towards you when it nears the egg. Rude.
OOCDM Note: The entire idea of the vault is that you get Free Stuff if you do what it wants. Thusly, it stands to reason in a dungeon like this, it's vastly opposed to getting that stuff without doing what it wants first.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Sep 26th, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:18 PM
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 12508
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Posts: 15,788
Shrugging Sundast pulls in the rope. Stowing it, he slaps the button.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Sundast: A circular stone platform seems to ooze out of the cracks in the floor beneath your feet, and calmly starts to carry you over to the egg. You note that the platform has the digits 0-9 on it, like a rotary dial of sorts.

Oh wait, the platform stopped halfway. Who could have possibly guessed this? A strange voice echoes in your mind:

OOCYou are obviously not allowed to inquire about the riddle postulated to the person doing their thing, and vice versa. You must face this challenge alone!
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB