Old Jul 17th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 340
starscream205 starscream205 starscream205 starscream205
Read me first! Rules

There are some rules but pretty straight forward:

1. Whilst outside of combat you can post in any order, one post per turn. Whilst in combat you will have to roll initiative which you will do in the Dice thread.

2. If you know you aren't going to post for a while please could you let me know so your character can be sidelined. The game will continue with you on the sideline until you can resume posting. I won't cut anyone from the game because I know things come up but its not fair to expect the other players to wait on you so it will continue if needed.

3. You only control your own character. Not the NPC's or other PC's.

4. The game will be played as a past tense story. Meaning posts will be 'The party rode into town.' NOT 'You ride into town.'

5. Please feel free to post OOC talk in the OOC thread but the game thread you must stay in character.

6. If you don't understand something or if something doesn't look right please don't hesitate to either post in the OOC or PM me.

7. Use different colours for different languages.
Common
Orcish
Draconic
Etc, you get the point. Just state what language is spoken after the sentence except for if its in common.

8. Post any initiative rolls etc in the dice roll thread to save cluttering up the game thread.

Last edited by starscream205; Jul 18th, 2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old Jul 17th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 532
Desknight Desknight Desknight Desknight Desknight Desknight
Two questions:

For rule 3, can we describe physical consequences to npcs or the environment as a result of our actions? And if so to what extent?
IE- If I push someone in a tavern, up to what point can I describe it? The initial attempt? Contact? The target stumbling? The target prone?

And rule 4, all of our PC posts have to be in past tense as well? For example:
PastAfter arriving into town, Lurch leaped from the wagon and proclaimed. "HULLOOOO INNATHITH! Innerrift? Minnatit?
Oh you all get it..."

Or this?The wagon's wheels slow to a halt. Without hesitation, Lurch leaps from his seat and shouts....

I'll just follow the lead of whoever starts using non-Common languages first.

Last edited by Desknight; Jul 17th, 2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2017, 02:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 340
starscream205 starscream205 starscream205 starscream205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desknight View Post
Two questions:

For rule 3, can we describe physical consequences to npcs or the environment as a result of our actions? And if so to what extent?
IE- If I push someone in a tavern, up to what point can I describe it? The initial attempt? Contact? The target stumbling? The target prone?

And rule 4, all of our PC posts have to be in past tense as well? For example:
PastAfter arriving into town, Lurch leaped from the wagon and proclaimed. "HULLOOOO INNATHITH! Innerrift? Minnatit?
Oh you all get it..."

Or this?The wagon's wheels slow to a halt. Without hesitation, Lurch leaps from his seat and shouts....

I'll just follow the lead of whoever starts using non-Common languages first.
For rule 3 you cannot directly control a NPCs actions but you can describe what happens to them as a result of your actions. So for example (depending on the person) say, a drunk villager comes at you in the tavern, you can push them without a dice roll and describe all the way to them laying on the ground. If it was something larger like a fully armoured knight I would expect a dice roll at the point you pushed them to see if your strength was enough to knock them over. Thats when I would describe the fall as DM.

For rule 4 I'd ask that to keep the story with the same theme all posts need to be in past tense.