RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 11:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1319
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Yes it is indeed accepting applications! Welcome!
Old 10-08-2019, 11:34 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 257
mujie mujie mujie
When's the deadline?
Old 10-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujie View Post
When's the deadline?
For this round of recruiting, deadline would be November 1.

Last edited by HeroFan; 10-08-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:04 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Phantom Mouse
I've noticed that you are recruiting new players until November 1st. I hope that my being new to the site isn't a handicap to me being considered for the game. My character is a super agile, super leaping, innate fighter. To simulate his innate fighting ability, he has several Martial Arts.

Mike was always short for his age, a fact that made him the target of many a bully. When it went past the typical messing with his food and toilet papering his locker, he knew he had to stand up for himself. Watching a few videos on how to defend one's self, Mike learned what to do to the next bully. It wasn't long until one forced him out of the public view and started demanding his lunch money. When Mike refused to give it to him, the bully began beating the young man. This caused the first flaring of Mike's unique gifts. Mike easily squirmed away from the bully and retaliated with a headbutt followed by grabbing and throwing the man to the ground. Enough of this and the bully ran, and spread the word that Mike was no longer someone to be messed with. Now having the ability to do something about bullying, Mike protects those that can't fight back against their own bullies.

C:/Users/tenek/OneDrive/Desktop/Ravage.HTML Please let me know if the link works or not. If it doesn't, I'll do a c&p here instead in a spoiler tag.

Last edited by Phantom Mouse; 10-11-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Mouse View Post
I've noticed that you are recruiting new players until November 1st. I hope that my being new to the site isn't a handicap to me being considered for the game. My character is a super agile, super leaping, innate fighter. To simulate his innate fighting ability, he has several Martial Arts.

Mike was always short for his age, a fact that made him the target of many a bully. When it went past the typical messing with his food and toilet papering his locker, he knew he had to stand up for himself. Watching a few videos on how to defend one's self, Mike learned what to do to the next bully. It wasn't long until one forced him out of the public view and started demanding his lunch money. When Mike refused to give it to him, the bully began beating the young man. This caused the first flaring of Mike's unique gifts. Mike easily squirmed away from the bully and retaliated with a headbutt followed by grabbing and throwing the man to the ground. Enough of this and the bully ran, and spread the word that Mike was no longer someone to be messed with. Now having the ability to do something about bullying, Mike protects those that can't fight back against their own bullies.

C:/Users/tenek/OneDrive/Desktop/Ravage.HTML Please let me know if the link works or not. If it doesn't, I'll do a c&p here instead in a spoiler tag.
Your application is welcome! The background is interesting! The link did not work.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:05 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Phantom Mouse
Here, let's do it this way. Not quite as pretty, but guaranteed to work.

Last edited by Phantom Mouse; 10-12-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:56 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Phantom Mouse
Is this character suitable? Is there something you'd like changed on it?
Old 10-15-2019, 09:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome! Thanks for the submission! I like the motivation and the protection of innocents and the idea of a leaping martial artist is cool too. I like the background of him being undersized and identifying with 'the little guy'.

I entered the character into hero designer and linked the PDF export for us to review in the first post to this thread.

There is some work to do here, first of all with the "Unified Power" Limitation. The characters have a specific origin which is not unlike being mutants in that they all were exposed to the Green Flame in utero and reacted to it in a very rare way. So it falls into the category of everyone already having that in the campaign and not being worth any points as a limitation; "Mutant" is not available or distinctive enough in this Campaign to take the Unified Power Limitation. If you wanted to do something more specific, like I don't know, making his powers depend on his hair not being cut like Doc Sampson from the Hulk comics of old (or like the actual Biblical Sampson for that matter), or some other limitation like only while wet which was like Namor the Submariner, for example, I could work with that, though it would actually not be Unified Power even then, but Limited Power or even Inobvious Inaccessivle Focus which I could sort of see if it wasn't a gadgeteer type.

Now, even then I would not allow Limitations on skills like the Combat Skill with Hand to Hand combat. I suggest that you buy OCV and DCV with limits instead, like the other limited characteristics.

Quote:
Here, let's do it this way. Not quite as pretty, but guaranteed to work.

Quote:
Is this character suitable? Is there something you'd like changed on it?