RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5074
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Eldritch Americana: The Bellamy Hospital

Eldritch Americana: The Bellamy Hospital

The old man did not look happy. His skeletal arms were folded across his ribs, and the bones of his hands sagged inside the sallow skin like dice in a bag. The pajamas that he was wearing yellowed and threadbare, matching his sparse teeth and sparser hair.

"And who are these clowns?" the old man croaked. "That one looks like 200 pounds of birdshit, that one's giving me the hairy eyeball, and that one's a ****ing cat. Jesus Cthulhu, Charles. I told you to go round up some honest American murder-hobos, not bring me the **** off their shoes."

Sitting on a depillowed chair, the younger man cleared his throat. "Ah, what my father means to say is that we're very pleased that you chose to respond to our posting. We're very pleased." His hair was a thinning brand of auburn, and his face showed signs of sun damage. His smile was broad and his eyes were small and desperate inside their sockets.

While his father lit up another cigarette, Charles gestured towards the party and said, "Please, tell us a little about yourselves, and why you believe that you are uniquely qualified as an adventurer."

Noxious America Sometime pre-WWII and sometime post-weird Armageddon, America tries to survive.

In 1890, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde is published, Idaho and Wyoming are made states, and the moon hatches, birthing a hideous Space-God.

In 1900, convicted child-killer Ada Williams is the last woman to ever be hung at Newgate Prison, Us Currency is put on the Gold Standard, and Opponent Earth on the opposite side of the Sun fires capsules of radioactive monsters into Missouri.

In 1910, William Boyce founds the Boyscouts of America, the Vatican instates the Oath Against Modernism, the first public radio transmission takes place, and Satan's massive stinking corpse takes up most of Arizona.

In 1920, the Treaty of Versailles has been signed officially ending World War I, Prohibition has begun and launched the careers of thousands of criminals, women can now vote, and thousands of underground mole-men keep the electricity running under Edison’s baleful gaze.

It is now 1924. Calvin Coolridge signs the Indian Citizenship Act, Gershwin's Raspody in Blue is first preformed ,Hoover takes over the FBI, Hitler is sentenced to 5 years for the Beer Hall Putsch, Harry Grindell Matthews invents the Death Ray, and the California Republic of Ghouls is founded.

By 1950, the last natural humans will likely die in cages, being curiosities and pets to alien minds. But until then there are flappers dancing, illicit gin to drink, and money to make.

Why're we here? Because you need money of course! Trans-dimensional immigrants are taking the jobs with their superior number of arms and organs, everyone and their sister owes debts to the mafia, and Uncle Sam still wants his taxes. So you have answered a newspaper ad in Pittsburgh for "experienced" mercenaries to infiltrate The Bellamy Hospital for $500(5000GP) each.

What is GLOG? GLOG or Goblin Laws of Gaming is a simplified low-level gaming system reminiscent of older D&D editions with an emphasis on encouraging the strange and creative. Wizards tend to explode, skill checks are de-emphasized over lateral problem solving, and life is cheap. If you die (and you will) over the course of this adventure, it takes 5 minutes to roll up a new character and you will unlock weird new classes and races as you go along.

Game Name: Eldritch Americana: Bellamy Hospital
Number of Players: 3-4
Posting Rate: 2-3x a week
Game System & Setting: GLOG, Pre-WWII Post-Weird-Apocalypse America
Theme: Weird and dark, but with hints of roaring 20's rapturous optimism.
Flavor: Funhouse, Madhouse, Sadhouse, pointcrawl/dungeon

Starting Level: 1
Stats: 4d4 down the line
HP: Con-4
Starting Gold: N/A, GP/$=XP, Make Money to Level Up
Races: Human (Reroll one stat of your choice, Bonus Starting Item, -4 Saves against mutation), Mutant (roll 4 times on Mutation chart), Outsider (roll on random chart)
Classes allowed: Several flavors of Wizard, Thief, Fighter
Personality/Appearance/Background: Feel free to provide a bit here, but don't expect to survive long.
Why are you uniquely qualified?: Well, answer the man damn you!

Last edited by TheLawfulNeutral; 10-09-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:38 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5074
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Post saved for FAQ and Other Information
Old 10-13-2019, 09:08 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
gadjitbaibe
Hi. I am interested but very new to the game. Are you considering green players?
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM
evil daystar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39196
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Oh, if only I had the time... TLN, how do you always manage to start something right when I'm busiest? I swear your accuracy is scary.

For everyone else, I recommend TLN and TLN's craziness highly. Just... uh... avoid letting him post gifs. >.>
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6955
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadjitbaibe View Post
Hi. I am interested but very new to the game. Are you considering green players?
Depends on the table you roll on. There are likely some options to be green ...
On a more serious note, welcome to the site! I won't speak for TLN, but you should feel free to roll up a character. I had a blast with his last GLOG game and I had no experience in the system then

@TLN - I am considering this even though I shouldn't. I am residing firmly in Aeth's camp right now ... but Thusof was so fun ...
Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1922
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Not familiar with the system, but it sounds like a blast! Consider this a placeholder!
Old Today, 02:12 AM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2911
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
Placeholder. It's an interesting setting, and I got I great idea for your first victim.

John Redwater
Starting Level: 1
HP: 9
Starting Gold: 0
Races: Human
Stats: STR 13 DEX 8 CON 13 INT 7 WIS 8 CHA 7
Skills: Blackmarket Dealer I, Surgery I, Forgery I, Bounty Hunter I, Tracking
Items: Lockpick Set, 3 doses of opium, dagger (tomahawk?), leather armor, sword (spear?), bow, 20 arrows, dog, BONUS: Bottle of Whiskey
Class: Ranger

Personality: Stoic and critical, he silently judges everyone while making a hard living survive by underground means. His broad range of skills gained over several phases in his life has allowed him to survive in the wilds just as easily as he can in the urban jungles and the rough parts of town, however it has also caused him to have a huge disdain for authority figures and has a hatred for the White Man in particular.

Still though, long standing racial hatred can be put aside since the world has gone mad and is being invaded by exo and endo terrestrial beings. Surviving as a human race is first and foremost. Still, somewhere in the darkest part of his mind there is a smug satisfaction in knowing now that Whitey finally understands what it feels like to be on the Invaded end for once. Perhaps now it is time for his own People to rise again and return this earth to the Old Ways?

Appearance: He is a pure-bred Navajo who wears a buckskin leather jacket with tasles and elaborate beading that symbolizes his tribe with distinction. His long black hair is tussled and braided loosely with feathers, pouring down from a black duster hat that was taken from a Texas Ranger that had led a raid on his Tribelands and lost a few generations back. He is built sturdy and rugged, has a calm expression that hide eyes filled with contempt at the world. He is a modern Brave who moves slowly and with purpose, but with a bum leg that has often left him with no choice to stand and fight as indicated by his many scars.

Education: He is a man of both the modern world and the old ways, having learned much about ancient and contemporary warfare, and as such he is just as much at ease with firearms and military tactics as he is with primitive weaponry and terrain dominance. His traditional teachings have also taught him wholistic medicine to help augment his medical training, making him resourceful with whatever means are at his disposal. His army discipline merges well with is street smarts and wilderness survival skills, making him a particularly cunning adversary in any setting.

Background: Born at the turn of the century just when things were starting to get real, his birth was heralded when the prophesy of the man in the moon came into fruition, and the world broke. Strangeness thus, is all he has known. Still, the world kept turning, and the programs of the Government still were intent on quashing the will of the Savages by grinding them through the boarding school system, fragmenting his culture and all but decimating their ancient traditions. While the people of Earth stared up at the sky in terror, they missed the horror of what had occurred in those walls.

The residential school system were not kind to the young brave, and they stripped him of most of his language and his given name, forbidding him of practicing his religion under threat of beatings. And many beating their were. Rebellious to a fault, he lashed out every way he could, creating in him an undying fire of rage and many a scars for his trouble. Still, they could only abuse him so much and he grew stronger, having learned nothing from the school but contempt of authority. He ran away for a time, choosing to be with his people and learning the way of the Elders.

For a time, he was happy. Civilization had not yet encroached that far into his lands and the radiactive monsters of the wasted had yet to migrate that far and thus he was free to roam the forests and the plains with impunity, wandering about on reservation lands and learning the traditional lifestyle of a warrior and hunter. Rage gave way to Peace as he grew to live in harmony of the land, bargaining even with the newly discovered mole people who were only trying to escape the persecution of forced industrialization.

But eventually the world had caught up to him when his old boarding school put a warrant on him to conscript him into army service since they themselves failed at "Civilizing him and Christening him in the name of Cthulu". There was war on the horizon, and rumor had it that Willhiem II had allied with some ghouls. So for two long years, John had trained and fought in a merciless meatgrinder.

He contunually tried to desert only to be caught and punished. He had fought alongside many whom he couldn'tbe bothered to care about, used battlefield surgery on those who had fallen in battle, euthanized those who were about to turn into the ravenous undead with a bullet to the head. There were so many ways one could die in the battlefield that he actually considered himself lucky to have been shot.

Sadly, that wasn't enough to get him discharged from service. But what DID get him was when he started a drug racket while in the medical bay, finding easy clients and willing traders from the local medical community to peddle opiates as the middleman. He learned much more about economics and supply and demand during this part of his life than he ever did anything in boarding school.

He was promptly discharged and sent back home to await court marshal after he fully recovered. He didn't wait around for those charges to be given.

He ran to New York to become a face in the sea of endless people, but with a bum leg and no work history, he languished as a forgotten soldier on the cold city streets, learning to hustle to get by and spending his time mostly in a drunken stupor. There was a chance encounter with a young man who was just as down on his luck, whom had the misfortune of listening to Redwater's drunken advice in how to deal with his living situation in dealing with some thugs.

Unfortunately, it was bad advice, and John encountered him face down and broken on the cold street snowbanks in New York, the site of which instantly made him sober up. He knew he would be destined to end up the same way unless he started to make some drastic choices.

John's life of crime and getting in good with the mafia was surprisingly smooth. He was an ideal thug with all of his war-training, and his clear disdain for authority made him all the more trustworthy with some of the local mob bosses. Soon, knee-breaking gave way to some more lucrative gigs and body guard duties until he eventually got back into some more upscale drug-running. He earned the nickname "Chief:" because he became somewhat of an independent boss and people were just that unimaginative when it comes to dealing with the Indigenous Peoples. From there, he branched out to hired mercenary and was entrusted to handle more complex missions.

And this is where we are at in his story...

Why are you uniquely qualified?: Mr. Hairy Eyeball never takes his gaze from the old man doing his best to bite his tongue and control himself to ensure he doesn't bitch slap that ricketty bag-o-bones into next Tuesday. As satisfying as it sounds, it wont put any coppers in his pocket.

Unless I straight up rob the guy? he considers, slight smile of mischief playing across his rugged features.

But he sighs, knowing he wont get away from it. He had gotten this gig from his mafia contacts, and they sure as hell ain't gonna look kindly to him assaulting one of their more well-paying clients.

"Because I am actually a mercenary. Just like the job ad wanted," he speaks up in a weary tone as he presents his credentials. Some of them, actually authentic. "Served some time in the army. Also did some time on the other side of the law. Both had me doing dangerous work getting shot at." He leans back as the younger Whitey pours through the documents, and spits, rudely, on the overtly expensive and pretentious persian rug.

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; Today at 05:34 AM.
Old Today, 10:16 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
gadjitbaibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roekahs View Post
Depends on the table you roll on. There are likely some options to be green ...
On a more serious note, welcome to the site! I won't speak for TLN, but you should feel free to roll up a character. I had a blast with his last GLOG game and I had no experience in the system then

@TLN - I am considering this even though I shouldn't. I am residing firmly in Aeth's camp right now ... but Thusof was so fun ...
Lol. Is there a handbook or anything?