twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3916
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
I think this planet is very anti droid so that has a lot of variables you would have to be aware of.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:38 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er
To me, that is more of a challenge than a deterrent
Old 10-05-2019, 03:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1863
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
I remember seeing this thread way back when it was first opened, immediately deciding this was something I wanted to join, and then realizing I had missed the final date for applications by just a few days! So, now that you're looking for new players again, I would very much like to submit my application .

Edit: Also note, I took the option of reducing my Duty (I'm not sure what starting number we are using?) by ten in order to get a bit more XP. If you don't approve of this, I am more than happy to adjust my character sheet accordingly!

Denbar Greemont
right-aligned image

Name: Denbar Greemont
Species: Human
Career & Specialization: Diplomat (Agitator), Recruit

A Long Time Ago
The battle of Yavin and the subsequent growing rebellion against the Empire occurred during Denbar's teenage years. His home planet, Thadruta, was not spared from the conflict, and while the Empire loyalists were eventually driven from the sector, casualties on both sides were high. The constant threat of violence- from both sides- have left Denbar with a profound understanding of what war can do to innocent bystanders, and a desire to make sure nobody ever has to endure such pain again.

A Jedi Like My Father
Because of Denbar's commitment to peace, it is perhaps surprising that he started out as a soldier for the rebellion. However, it was during that time, fighting a guerrilla war against the oppressors, that Denbar experienced the human cost of the war. Once the war against the Empire was over, Denbar decided to help mend the galaxy's wounds by bringing unity to the war torn planets, inviting them to join the Republic, rather than continue the fight against the Imperial remnants. After all, once the galaxy was united under the banner of a strong Republic, those still loyal to the Empire would see the futility of continuing the fight...

Never Tell Me The Odds
Due to his experience as rebel soldier, Denbar has some skill with light weapons, which were further honed after officially joining the Alliance. Despite these skills, his true strength is his skill as an orator and negotiator, which he has developed further during his twenty years of acting as diplomat for the Republic. As a rebel on a backwater planet, however, Denbar has never had access to what most in the galaxy would consider common technology, and as such Denbar has trouble understanding anything more advanced than the most basic of technologies.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Denbar is a strong advocate for a peaceful resolution in the conflict between the First Order and the Resistance. He believes that the First Order will only bring pain and destruction, yet at the same time, feels that forcing the First Order into submission through military might would go against what the Resistance is trying to achieve. Therefore he believes swaying the governments of planets still neutral in the conflict is the best solution, hoping that supporters for the Resistance will become so numerous that the Order will realize its efforts are in vain, thus preventing war. As Bakura is still on the fence, Denbar is determined to see its government join the Resistance.

We Have Powerful Friends
No rebel works alone. To properly conduct his mission of peace, Denbar relies on a support network to advance his diplomatic work. Over the years, Denbar has formed a friendship with his handler, a Gran by the name of Makgar Siel. This shy, slightly paranoid communications officer is a perfect partner for Denbar. His duties include maintaining contact with the Republic even on missions in the Outer Rim, while simultaneously intercepting First Order communications aimed at undermining Denbar's negotiations.

Experience with the game system: I've read the books, made a few mock characters to try out the character generation process, and that's about it. I never actually played a game using this system, although by the looks of it, it seems very interesting, and I would definitely like to learn it!

Last edited by DemonSlayer; 10-06-2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: character sheet correction
Old 10-07-2019, 09:09 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er
If the mod is up for it, I decided to make a second application (is it even allowed?)

Application

Name: Q1
Species: Droid
Specialization: Technician - Modder

A Long Time Ago: Built from a combination of parts scavenged from a scrapyard as well as a few lying around the workshop, Q1 actually mainly consisted of parts from an old T3 series droid. Bassenko, a Dug, was a local trader and part-time tinkerer. One day he felt that he could use some help around the workshop, but hiring someone would be too expensive, so he decided to attempt to build his own utility droid instead.

A Jedi Like My Father: Bassenko focused on building Q1 to be adept at performing a variety of functions, rather than specializing in a few important ones. A jack-of-all-trades, if you will. Thus Q1 had some basic protocols for modding, repairing, healing, piloting, etc. Even some basic marksmanship in light of the recent blockade. One can never be too careful.

Never Tell Me The Odds: Even though Q1 was a jack-of-all-trades, with his life spend in the workshop, it was to be expected that he became particularly adept in his modding and repairing capabilities, more so than the others. The downside of having no contact with the outside world, though, was the lack of "real life" exposure. Though he was far from unintelligent, he didn't really have any experience in especially social situations, which would have been second nature to most.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away: Q1 was "born and bred" on Bakura, so to speak.

We Have Powerful Friends: Q1 only ever really knew Bassenko, as contact with anyone else was expressly forbidden.

Other stuff:

Old 10-08-2019, 12:37 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16498
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
You can make as many applications as you want, technically speaking. Only one can get in, after all.

Sorry I haven't come in with feedback. I've been hit with an unexpected move and that's been scrambling my time. Deadline of Wednesday still stands for new applications, and I'll definitely have some responses up on that day for apps already in.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
Old 10-09-2019, 11:26 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16498
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Applications are closed, and I've decided that I have room enough to take four players.

That means everyone who completed an application here is in.

Welcome Sageheart, VaultDwe11er (as the Aqualish bruiser, by far the stronger of the two concepts), JaredSyn and DemonSlayer. Each of your characters brings something the game could use, both mechanically and in terms of character flavor.

Now, there is a caveat. The game forum can be found here. I advise everyone to check my most recent post in the OOC regarding my current posting status. It boils down to 'things are gonna be slow for a bit'. If you can handle a slow pace while I sort out my life issues over the next few months, I think you'll be pleased with what develops going forward.

Each of you should have a private thread up in the Rogues forum. I will make time over the coming weekend to help you hash out the specifics of character creation in them. For now, I'd have each of you think a bit on your character's background and what you'd like your character to be good at, as that can help us mold the skill and talent portion of creation. The talent trees for each specialization really form a character in a specific way that makes even characters within the same overall career quite uniquely capable.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
Closed Thread