twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1735
Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch
So.... I have some decent experience with 3.5 and wanted to get into pathfinder anyway, this looks like the game to try it - would that be ok with you?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9449
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Yup, just know, I will not allow you to port anything from 3.5. If's it's not on http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ the answer is no.

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; 02-05-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8726
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
What about alignment? Will PCs be up against primarily evil and neutral characters or an amalgamation of any and every?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Bone Head

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1009
spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed
I've been glancing at the books and was thinking how fun it could be for a set of apps to either be one of each type of godling or something like 3 archetypes of summoners.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:57 PM
An illuminated sphere!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 168
lumisphere902 lumisphere902
Posting interest. Relatively new player, so expect me to screw up some things (hopefully not everything). Max gold or rolled?

Last edited by lumisphere902; 02-05-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:29 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Scimmy, the bad guys are pretty much all bad guys.

Max gold.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:18 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Oh, I love dungeon crawls.

Haven't had a game with you, DraconigenaArma.

Anything goes, you say? Right. Working on something then.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
It's funny you mention the godlings, I was just looking at them. It's a feasible way to finally make the force mage I've always wanted to make.

On the other hand I've been thinking about a words of power sorcerer...
Old 02-05-2014, 10:48 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Nope CapK, can't say we have.

I've never seen a Godling played in game, but they look interesting. I look forward to seeing someone try one.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10981
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Any mythic stuff allowed? :-D
GM for: Korvosa
Old 02-05-2014, 11:22 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Application WiP
left-aligned image
Music for his mission.

Name: Character sheet to come here.Patrick Piazón
Sex: Male
Race: Suli (Janni/half-Orc parents)
Class: Paladin of Ragathiel
Alignment: Lawful Good.

BackgroundPatrick has, until very recently, lived in the house with his parents, his mother Sarai, a rather humanised Half-Orc and his father Luciano, a Jann. They both work in the city as government civil servants, his father as a diplomat to desert peoples and his mother in a more administrative role, liaising with the church of Abadar. They are both meticulous in their work and devoted to Abadar.

This does not sit well with Patrick.

He has been pressed to join as a junior official but he has not been able to cut it. It was okay at first, his charm and polished appearance opening doors and oiling the wheels of the council. Sadly, true colours show through and his appearance was soon seen to be flamboyant and a vanity, and his charm as a veneer for his lack of intellectual analysis. Also, Patrick hated it.

"I am not doing it, mother," he complained.

She told him that she didn't care. It was his duty. It was also a fine calling to be in service to the city and that one ought to embrace such a vocation.

Patrick brooded. He read about other ways to live and comparative religions. He hung around with a smart set who appreciated his muscles and looks.

"Mother," he said one day. "My dearest mother.

I am leaving. No more shall I toil as a functionary, a stone-faced administrator in service to Abadar. While I agree taxation for public works is a seemly thing, I will be bound no more by such pedestrian concerns.

I have been working with a sect in reverence to Ragathiel, the General of Vengeance. We are a much more dynamic bunch, mother, far more go-getting. Mother, Ragathiel does not maintain the wheels of commerce, I confess, but there is vim and spirit within him that I find lacking in our comfortable bourgeois life.

What is more, I have signed myself up as a warrior on his behalf. No more desks and teacups for me, mother. I am embracing the lifestyle wholeheartedly. I am going to enter the Ultimate Dungeon - oh yes! The Ultimate Dungeon no less - for glory and to clear the world of beasts and demons!"

Sarai was stupefied and began to tear up.

"Worry not, mother. I shall be awfully good at it.

I shall be better at it than this work as an official. I promise, mother. You shall be proud of me."

Patrick went away to pack so he could not see his saddened mother. He returned with his pack and with a heavy heart.

"I am sorry mother. I do love you."

And he departed.

PersonalityPatrick is honest, naive and idealistic. He has been frustrated by the strictures of Abadar (though still respectful) and wants to do something practical and bold. Because of his simplistic mind and dramatic flair, he has gone for the boldest route possible, singing up as a holy warrior of vengeance against monsters. It may not be sensible. Sensible is not always Patrick's strongest suit.

He has white blond hair, with a very smart moustache. His skin is a funny colour, changing in the atmosphere. A slight green tinge from his Orcish side, a little blue in the cold, a little red in the sun, but not like a normal human might tan. Sometimes looks like one of those normal humans. Sometimes not. Other than that, he is a big, strong young man.

Skills/FeatsDiplomacy will be okay. Know Religion too. First Feat will be Power Attack. He is going to be a big melee hitter, he'll use a massive sword and heavy armour, and will focus feats accordingly. Due to his racial heritage he'll go for being a sort of magical/elemental warrior. If we have Mythic, he will go Champion path.

I decided to change my character and then Lumisphere went for Aladin too, but I don't see much redundancy. He is a halfling archer on a mount, I have a bruiser with a massive sword.

PlayerI've been on here for a while, played AD&D in the late '80s. I'm in a couple of published APs here and they are all about interaction and roleplay, however, I asked for a proper old-fashioned dungeon crawl in the Players Seeking Games thread some time back, and here it is. Hooray.

Last edited by Captain K; 02-11-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10981
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Name: Nina Anders
Race: Human
Class: Oracle (Possessed)/Barbarian(Wild Rager Archetype)/Rage Prophet
Background: Nina is the daughter of an archeologist Tina Anders and soldier turned mercernary/bodyguard Ned Anders a married couple who set out on an expedition to explore the Ultimate Dungeon. Their expedition turned disastrous quick and Nina has had to survive by hers wit and stealth alone... and the voices in her head.

Personality: Nina is shy, timid, quiet, and always seems to be afraid. She will hide behind others and look out from under their arm if she feels comfortable around them. She sometimes shakes uncontrollably in a feverish shiver, and sometimes she can be heard talking to thin air. She is not evil, but she does have a dark secret. Despite that she will do her best to keep anyone who takes care of her alive.

Skills/Feats: Possessed Oracle (Archetype) with Haunted Curse. Skills = Stealth, Escape Artist, Spellcraft, Sense Motive, Heal, Diplomacy, Intimidate are the few that come to mind. Feats = Stealthy & Extra Revelation

Player Bio: I started playing when I was around 16 years old on AOL in a game called Neverwinter Nights. Then I joined the military and about a year ago I picked it up again. I have been playing on this site for about a year and some change. I have experience with 3.5, and pathfinder. I currently DM a game and play in four.
GM for: Korvosa

Last edited by Khalil; 02-06-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:06 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
Any mythic stuff allowed? :-D
It's in the PFSRD - so yes.

Putting a current apps table up in this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:14 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Cool. Mythic. Interesting.

Btw, it's Dusk Elf, not Dark. She's no Drow. They are weirdos.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Oh man, so much is available, now to make sure I don't get min/max crazy. But I've always looked for a reason to play a half dragon...