Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 03:47 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 241
gravitywolf gravitywolf gravitywolf
Grats to those that made it! Have fun y'all.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:45 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16498
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Applications have reopened

Reference the first post for details.

So we've completed session one of our Star Wars tale and due to player attrition and some serious time-sucking difficulties on my end, we are short a couple players. Things have smoothed out for me and I'm eager to push this story forward.

You can see how things played out in session one here. Current characters are listed here.

If you've previously applied and would like to be reconsidered just note that here and I'll tag your original app to the list. I'm leaving this open for a week and half as that will give me time to go over apps and ask questions/make comments.

Any questions can be posed here or dropped to me in PMs.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 09-29-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3916
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Is the post rate similar to the 40k game I am in that you are running? And furthermore do I need the book. I have played a bit of this game before but I am not fully versed. Was planning on buying a new rule book soon, but was planning on getting the warhammer one.

I love star wars so always down to explore that world. I also was following your thread for a while and enjoyed reading the posts from the players you have taken on.

Last edited by sageheart; 09-29-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:09 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16498
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageheart View Post
Is the post rate similar to the 40k game I am in that you are running? And furthermore do I need the book. I have played a bit of this game before but I am not fully versed. Was planning on buying a new rule book soon, but was planning on getting the warhammer one.

I love star wars so always down to explore that world. I also was following your thread for a while and enjoyed reading the posts from the players you have taken on.
I'm going to make an effort to maintain a one or two posts a week post rate on my end. In that, I'll do my level best to follow the lead of the group at large. With my new work schedule this should be easily achievable.

I've done a fair bit of teaching the system with players from the start so I have no doubt we can work out a character for you without you needing access to the books. Learning the system while playing hasn't been difficult for most as it's highly narrative. The biggest issue, from my perspective, has been getting people comfortable with taking the reins on what their advantages and setbacks mean in the fiction. The system asks for a fair amount of active engagement in the narrative on the players part but given your work in the WH40k game I think you'll take to it quite easily.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 09-29-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Is there anything the party needs at all? I have a few character ideas in mind, but that would help limit it. One or two posts a week is ideal for me, since this would place me in my golden area of four games (Two I am running, and two as a player).

I have been thinking of a character attempting to balance the force, mostly as a sober alcoholic. But I dont want to become a jedi or sith. More of a force sensitive person who has used vices to deal with a traumatic past, but has since been sober, or at least as best as he can. I like the idea of him slipping into a vice again is also a slight slip in his attempt for balance.

But that is just a general first idea. And I am not fully taken by it so more than willing to evolve or alter it. These are just thoughts to bounce off of.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2435
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
I can totally see that concept working within the system by taking a career from the Edge of the Empire book (to get the addiction obligation) and taking Force Sensitive Exile as the specialization.

Sorry for butting in, I just like the concept!
Old 09-29-2019, 03:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Happy you like the idea Lazer. I am thinking of doing Diplomat (Quartermaster). A character who was prepped to take over his parent's business within the Corporate Systems, but never really was interested in that. Plus being raised more by Droids then his parents never made him close, and in some ways he was emotionally abused by them. In the end they turned to his younger brother, and he in turn turned towards drugs and alcohol.

After many youthful mistakes, he eventually sobered up heavily in debt and having used most of his family's contacts already. He also has realized that some of his mental abilities weren't just caused by drug or drunk anger, but could be controlled. Still he hasn't been sober long enough to be perfectly comfortably with it, and is learning how to balance both his own substance abuse as well as the power of ligth and dark.

The is the rough idea. Going to format it into an application.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Rough DraftName: Allack Mourtarge
Species: Mon Calamari
Career & Specialization: Diplomat/Quartermaster/Force-Sensitive (Dark or anger focused if possible?)

A Long Time Ago: Allack's main memory of the rebellion was the funeral for his aunt. While he doesn't remember much of his uncle, his parents told him they were very close during his birth-years. The funeral was a small event, since most of his family had been killed before or after the great destruction of the Mon Calamari's floating cities by the Empire. Allack didn't understand why his beloved aunt had died, or why anyone would have done such a horrific deed. Throughout his youth this twisted his understanding of the world, and made him distant with his parents. In particular the violence he witnessed afterwards throughout his youth brought him into some dark mental places.

A Jedi Like My Father: Allack was groomed to become a CEO in his family's starfigther business. He took on the math and business aspects of it well, but he never had a real care for the shipbuilding business. His mind was always on more philosophical questions, which typically drove him to the local dive bars and a few handle pulls of liquor. Still he finds himself constantly changing to new business jobs, managing various companies before his alcoholism and blunt attitude forced him to change to a new job somewhere else. It is all he knows and it pays the bills.

Never Tell Me The Odds: Allack is good at talking with people and reading them. He likes to say its from spending so much time in seedy bars, learning who to watch out for, and listening to the stories of those passing through. But he cannot for the life of him keep his own self-control. He has gotten better over the years, but a drink or two in and he wants the whole bottle and then another. It hasn't helped that he has started to take on force powers, which present themselves much more often when he is angry. And Allack is a happy, talkative drunk after the first half of the bottle, and an angry one by the time the bottle is finished. Lately he has gained the upper hand, staying sober for months, before relapsing again.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away: Bakura? Why Bakura? Well Allack needed a new job, and had screwed over all his contacts at his last planet. His brother got him a gig as a General Warehouse supervisor on Bakura, and it paid well, even if it was a bit off the path. With no where else to go Allack took the job; he was sure he could find a good dive bar there as anywhere else. Wait, no. He was suppose to be sober. So a good cafe then. That's right.

We Have Powerful Friends: Allack has a younger brother, Mxeass, who has taken over the family business. There is a lot of resentment between the two, with Mxeass believing Allack to have wasted his potential, and Allack seeing Mxeass as a Corporate Suit without any real interesting virtues. Still they are family, and both cling to that strongly. Allack has asked for help from Mxeass quite a few times in his life, and the rich younger brother will always do so even if he disdains it. At the same time, Mxeass has needed some more underhanded activities occasionally, and Allack loves the opportunity to rub such work in his ambitious wealthy brother's face.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:01 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er
I'm interested in playing if you still need players. I'll put in an official app shortly
Old 10-01-2019, 02:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
PCB, let me know what you think so far of the idea. In process of moving, so on and off here, but anything you think doesnt work let me know so I can think of alternative ways to do things. Furthermore is there anything else you want me to put up? I tried to keep it loose to mature the character in game which I would prefer doing in this case.

I have been reading all the tracks you sent me which has been fascinating.

@vaultdwe11er: it seems they have a hacker character, a force user, and a combat character already I think. So there seems to be a good amount of options available.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3615
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
ApplicationName:

Naya Shadal
Species: Human

Career & Specialization: Smuggler/Pilot

A Long Time Ago: Naya was the only child of her parents, her mother died in labor leaving Naya to grow up with her father. Her Father Corin was an imperial pilot, shuttling people and materials. After the fall of the empire he found work as a small time smuggler, delivering cargo for those who wanted to avoid inspection and the like.
Nay grew up on a ship and learned at an early age how to handle and repair spacecraft. She was a quick learner and by the age of 14 was as good a pilot as her father. When she was 17 her father took a high paying cargo job. Naya was unable to accompany him, during the job his ship was attacked and destroyed killing him. Naya to this day regrets not going with her father, and is eager to find those responsible for his death.

A Jedi Like My Father: Naya has spent her entire life as a smuggler learning from her father. After his death she continued to work smuggling to provide a living for herself it was all she knew. It was either that or become a pilot for the First order and she had o interest in doing that.

Never Tell Me The Odds: Naya is an outstanding pilot having spent her entire life piloting and repairing her fathers ship. She is also talented with the pistol a skill her father demanded she learn if she was going to be working with him. Some clients not being so eager to pay at times. Naya has never been a smooth talker she is blunt and to the point not holding back if she feels something needs to be said.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away: Naya is looking to make a name for herself and be recognized one of the best pilots in the galaxy. She came to the outer rim to get away from the First Order one of her jobs forcing her to make herself scarce after a run in with them. Bakura seemed like a good place to lay low and find work going forward.

We Have Powerful Friends: Shortly after her father’s death Naya took on a crewman who was willing to do the heavy lifting per se, during his time on board Naya taught him how to fly. After about a year, Galen decided to take his leave and joined the resistance as a pilot. He has tried for some time to get Naya to join as well, but she prefers her independence, and has refused to date to join.

Other Stuff: Theme Song

Lastly, tell me how familiar you are with FFG Star Wars or the Genesys system. This will be my first effort playing in this system but I could not resist a star wars game. As such I may require some assistance in creation of the actual character.

Last edited by JaredSyn; 10-02-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:52 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Are you looking for any role in particular? I was thinking of a Force pilot, if that's a combo at all. An Ace that was either very young during the Rebel Alliance days, or could be from the Force and Destiny side and was in hiding per your spoiler info.

I've played two FFG games on this forum before, but still am fuzzy on mechanics. The first game ended before we ever rolled dice, and the second had a good run, but we had a lot of reference charts so I didn't internalize the rules much.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:41 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Application

Name: Hoolkar
Species: Aqualish
Career & Specialization: Hired Gun - Marauder

A Long Time Ago: Hoolkan was born and raised on Ando. Due to his larger than normal size and deliberateness of speech, some people perceived him as slow of mind. Those people would be correct. This was a very touchy subject for Hoolkan, and people rarely mentioned the fact (within hearing distance of Hoolkan, at least).

A Jedi Like My Father: From an early age Hoolkan was aware of his lack of mental capabilities. He instead tried to focus on training his strengths, namely strength. There was always some or other conflict on Ando, so it was easy to hone his skills in hand to hand combat. Proficiency in guns, on the other hand, always seemed to elude him.

Never Tell Me The Odds: Due to his superior size, Hoolkan was on the winning side in a brawl more often than not. If this brawl escalated to the use of melee weapons, so much the better. On the other hand, if words like “strategy” and “tactics” started to become important in a fight, that’s when Hoolkan began to feel out of his depth. Due to the general aversion people showed towards him, Hoolkan was fiercely loyal to those he considered his friends.

A Galaxy Far, Far Away: To be honest, Hoolkan is not sure how he ended up in Bakura. More and more he got shunned by society on his home planet, so he decided to take the first ship bound for Coruscant, with the intention to get a job as a bodyguard or similar. He even paid a larger-than-normal fee to be able to board the next ship. When he disembarked, though, even though the captain was adamant, this planet did not look like how Coruscant was described to him.

We Have Powerful Friends: On Bakura, Hoolkan managed to procure employment as a bodyguard to a local Dug trader, Bassenko Jawegwaa. Due to the recent blockade though, business was slow, and Bassenko wasn’t able to afford Hoolkan’s services any longer.

Other Stuff:

Old 10-04-2019, 05:45 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I also thought of a "utility droid" character, if people would be interested in that.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:36 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh yeah, I forgot to answer the "how familiar are you" question. I have played one Edge of the Empire campaign before and am familiar with the mechanics.
Closed Thread