RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-24-2019, 02:38 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9331
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Alright then - I updated my sheet while going for 75/25 points in my original application.

Only problem I have is that I am clocking in at 76 points now, because I don't know how one could have weaponsmith for only one point. Now I would like to save that one point there, otherwise I'd just take it out of Characteristics.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1319
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Alright then - I updated my sheet while going for 75/25 points in my original application.

Only problem I have is that I am clocking in at 76 points now, because I don't know how one could have weaponsmith for only one point. Now I would like to save that one point there, otherwise I'd just take it out of Characteristics.
You can owe me a point against future xp! Weapon smith is specifically for different weapons, I assume small arms (firearms)??
Old 06-24-2019, 02:55 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9331
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
You can owe me a point against future xp! Weapon smith is specifically for different weapons, I assume small arms (firearms)??
Sure, sounds great. In volume I of core it just calls it "Firearms", and in skills it's called "Firearms, advanced" - but the categories might be different in monster hunter international. Basically being able to service the rifle and pistol would be important. I'll just change the points in my summary.

Also note that I put the bailiffs hunting Noah up as a complication.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:01 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 811
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
right-aligned image

Jimmy Bullocks, HeavyR on the net, was one of those kids that had always been bullied in school. "Jimmy Buttocks, Fatty the Bull, Piggy Pork;" anyone with a weight problem had heard the same. Jimmy's problem was that he was smart in some ways, not so smart in others. Being a social outcast, he mastered the internet, joining hacking circles as early as middle school and getting into the dark web.

There, in addition to hacking, he started getting obsessed with bombs and bomb building, first just in theory, then moving on to ordering various supplies and building more and more complex explosives. Inevitably, some order or posting tripped one of the warning programs that the government uses to spy on us all. Jimmy went on a list of potential school shooters (or in his case bombers). Looking for a high profile bust to boost his campaign for mayor of San Diego, the US attorney for San Diego sent in the FBI and arrested Jimmy. They couldn't prove he was going to blow up his school (though admittedly he had thought about it . . . a lot), but they could prove that he was trafficking in illegal arms sales across state lines and off to juvie he went.

For some unknown reason, taking a fat, picked on, and highly intelligent kid, and surrounding him with violent gangbangers and drug dealers didn't seem to rehabilitate him. Toughened him up, obvously. Gave him a close familiarity with knives, shives, and guns to go with his already heavy knowledge of guns. Got him kicked out of his house. All those, yeah.

Now, Jimmy is 18, his juvenile sentence is coming to an end, he's got no home, no high school diploma, no job, and nothing but a knowledge of bombs and a lot of hate for the gang kids and the federal authorities and six months at a "halfway house" which is supposed to reconnect him to society.

Last edited by penbeast0; 06-24-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:23 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Ok. Got it. I have to squeeze 25 points out of my build. Hmm... gonna be challenging.

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 06-24-2019, 05:34 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Ok, updated to 75 points with 25 matching. Man, what a squeeze. They are certainly normals, but with good skills. Not sure how long they would survive in any monster confrontation, but hey, monsters gotta eat, too.

I've update the PDF. Same link.

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash

Last edited by MrKinister; 06-24-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:47 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1029
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hehe yeah. 20 STUN and 10 BODY feels light to me, but I've only ever played supers in this system, so it's hard to be sure.

Definitely will need to toughen up though. And probably work on offense too. I did finally track a copy of the book down though, so I may tweak the sheet our GM generously provided for me once I figure things out.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Hehe yeah. 20 STUN and 10 BODY feels light to me, but I've only ever played supers in this system, so it's hard to be sure.

Definitely will need to toughen up though. And probably work on offense too. I did finally track a copy of the book down though, so I may tweak the sheet our GM generously provided for me once I figure things out.
It's all good! I'm actually using an app called Hero Designer to enter and track the character write ups and have a link to a separate folder for each character in the first post table. Tweaks are welcome! I just need to know specifically what you tweak to update it in the app that I'm using.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post

Actually, Renata is good to go as is if you're okay with her, except for just adding a 5 point Complication?

You are totally free to tweak further rather than start in play as is though. Please check out the link to the character folder in the table in the first post. I put in a Real Text Format doc that should open ok in Google docs.

Last edited by HeroFan; 06-25-2019 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
Ok, updated to 75 points with 25 matching. Man, what a squeeze. They are certainly normals, but with good skills. Not sure how long they would survive in any monster confrontation, but hey, monsters gotta eat, too.

I've update the PDF. Same link.
Thank you! I will review and enter into Hero Designer and respond.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
right-aligned image

Jimmy Bullocks, HeavyR on the net, was one of those kids that had always been bullied in school. "Jimmy Buttocks, Fatty the Bull, Piggy Pork;" anyone with a weight problem had heard the same. Jimmy's problem was that he was smart in some ways, not so smart in others. Being a social outcast, he mastered the internet, joining hacking circles as early as middle school and getting into the dark web.

There, in addition to hacking, he started getting obsessed with bombs and bomb building, first just in theory, then moving on to ordering various supplies and building more and more complex explosives. Inevitably, some order or posting tripped one of the warning programs that the government uses to spy on us all. Jimmy went on a list of potential school shooters (or in his case bombers). Looking for a high profile bust to boost his campaign for mayor of San Diego, the US attorney for San Diego sent in the FBI and arrested Jimmy. They couldn't prove he was going to blow up his school (though admittedly he had thought about it . . . a lot), but they could prove that he was trafficking in illegal arms sales across state lines and off to juvie he went.

For some unknown reason, taking a fat, picked on, and highly intelligent kid, and surrounding him with violent gangbangers and drug dealers didn't seem to rehabilitate him. Toughened him up, obvously. Gave him a close familiarity with knives, shives, and guns to go with his already heavy knowledge of guns. Got him kicked out of his house. All those, yeah.

Now, Jimmy is 18, his juvenile sentence is coming to an end, he's got no home, no high school diploma, no job, and nothing but a knowledge of bombs and a lot of hate for the gang kids and the federal authorities and six months at a "halfway house" which is supposed to reconnect him to society.
Wow! Okay, he's got some anger! That might be okay, but is he a murder hobo? Just checking cause rule number two from the first post....
Old 06-25-2019, 01:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Sure, sounds great. In volume I of core it just calls it "Firearms", and in skills it's called "Firearms, advanced" - but the categories might be different in monster hunter international. Basically being able to service the rifle and pistol would be important. I'll just change the points in my summary.

Also note that I put the bailiffs hunting Noah up as a complication.
Okay sounds reasonable, where is this update?
Old 06-25-2019, 01:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
I took a first pass at the character sheet details. I am only familiar with the 5th edition, so that is the format I used to start with. You can convert it over to the new format.

NAME: Jeff Stone

Okay! Looking good. Can you trim down the Complications to 25 points total?
Old 06-25-2019, 01:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karhald View Post
I have edited my first post with an application. Iíve got a nice picture to go with it, but Iíll have to wait until Iím on my PC.
Thank you! I'll work on getting a character sheet up for you to look at (in the folder linked in the table in the first post).
Old 06-25-2019, 02:27 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
How... much different is 6th ed from the ole' 4th ed HERO SYSTEM i learned to play?