RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 06-26-2019, 11:15 AM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 4016
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
And sorry, hafrogman, I finished a character for Evan but forgot to export the sheet. I will as soon as I can.
Okay, just let me know when there's something for me to look at.
__________________
Out of town until 10/12. NPC my characters as needed and have a great week!
Characters: Verdigris Gwarc Mincemeat Del Corgan Tarren Iris Kettering Lucas
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-26-2019, 12:15 PM
HeroFan's Avatar
HeroFan HeroFan is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 1319
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
For the extra point available, can we add a knife as a weapon element to his martial arts skills?

I also wrote up some extra details to add to his character sheet.
Done! And good news! I should have used “Blades” as the original weapon element for his martial arts which included both sword and knife, so that is now updated at no extra charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Cool, thanks for translating that over.

Somes things that I noticed though: I was going for 12 dexterity, not 11. Also I had 2 in PS: Social Worker, not zero, Transport Familarity in both Small Vehicles and Small Planes, and as discussed I have the one point weaponsmith, not two.
Done. I updated Dexterity to 12, and the Everyman skills include your full profession skill for free, so no worries: even though no charge is shown you have the full skill. Likewise you get the small motorized vehicle transport familiarity for free included, and you have the full Weapon Smith skill for firearms but it only costs two points. One point is for a familiarity with weapon smith only, which lets you care for firearms and clear jams and such but not do custom modifications or extensive repairs. Is that what you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
Okay, just let me know when there's something for me to look at.
Done! Please do check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post

(Oops I see two errors already, forgot to take out the guns and add the staff to Renata's equipment, and accidentally pasted Renata's martial arts maneuvers in to another character.

I am getting ready to start playing with at least some PC's; I think I will try to take all comers and run parallel solo's at least to start.

Please check out the linked character sheets and let me know if it looks good to you.

Also, a link to online resources, free stuff is going to be pretty general here's a nice summary.
Renata should be fixed and sorry for the link to the reference doc asking for permission; I’m checking the sharing settings on it; I think it’s because I had comments and collaboration turned on.

Last edited by HeroFan; 06-26-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-26-2019, 12:25 PM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 4016
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
Done! Please do check it out!
I still only see the .hdc and the .jpg in the folder.
__________________
Out of town until 10/12. NPC my characters as needed and have a great week!
Characters: Verdigris Gwarc Mincemeat Del Corgan Tarren Iris Kettering Lucas
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-26-2019, 12:29 PM
HeroFan's Avatar
HeroFan HeroFan is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 1319
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
Just desperate to fit in and be appreciated somewhere. If recruited into the Monster Hunters, presumably he could use his talents for "good." If not, well, . . . .

Do you need a character sheet or only if selected?
I have been making the initial character sheets based on the descriptions; if you want to make a character sheet I will transfer it into my Hero Designer app and review it that way, either way. I have to say though that making your own probably wont actually save me time.

Im not really having the PCs join an organization so no recruitment per se; hell need to be somewhat self motivated to be on the side of angels.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 9331
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
Done. I updated Dexterity to 12, and the Everyman skills include your full profession skill for free, so no worries: even though no charge is shown you have the full skill. Likewise you get the small motorized vehicle transport familiarity for free included, and you have the full Weapon Smith skill for firearms but it only costs two points. One point is for a familiarity with weapon smith only, which lets you care for firearms and clear jams and such but not do custom modifications or extensive repairs. Is that what you want?
I see. Adding all of this up that would mean my character is only at 72 - so I think it would be best to just up the weaponsmith to the full 2 point version, and then bump dexterity. That would sort everything out. I've made those changes to the summary in my application post on the first page.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-26-2019, 01:17 PM
SalmonMax's Avatar
SalmonMax SalmonMax is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 1029
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Posts: 780
Hm. So does this all mean Ren can do a Basic Strike with the bo staff for 8d6 damage? Does the strike damage stack with weapon?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-26-2019, 02:07 PM
Kenjitsu's Avatar
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 287
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
Done! And good news! I should have used Blades as the original weapon element for his martial arts which included both sword and knife, so that is now updated at no extra charge!
Thanks.

For that last point, can I ask a big favor? I would like to invest that point in the faith skill and borrow two points to pay for it. That was one of the first skills I wanted to add after training, but it would be nice if I had the foundation before the near death experience and possibility even use it subconsciously to survive.

On a side note, would it be possible to add a utility knife, such as a buck knife, to his equipment carried list?

Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-26-2019, 02:13 PM
HeroFan's Avatar
HeroFan HeroFan is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 1319
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Posts: 2,040
Oh hey one request! Please anyone who hasn’t yet provided a character picture please do thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
Thanks.

For that last point, can I ask a big favor? I would like to invest that point in the faith skill and borrow two points to pay for it. That was one of the first skills I wanted to add after training, but it would be nice if I had the foundation before the near death experience and possibility even use it subconsciously to survive.

On a side note, would it be possible to add a utility knife, such as a buck knife, to his equipment carried list?

I’m good with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Hm. So does this all mean Ren can do a Basic Strike with the bo staff for 8d6 damage? Does the strike damage stack with weapon?
Yes! They do stack up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
I see. Adding all of this up that would mean my character is only at 72 - so I think it would be best to just up the weaponsmith to the full 2 point version, and then bump dexterity. That would sort everything out. I've made those changes to the summary in my application post on the first page.
Ok that should bring us into synchronization! Do you want to do anything with the leftover points or bank them for development when you have started playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
I still only see the .hdc and the .jpg in the folder.
Sorry! I will make sure to put it in there this evening and double check to make sure it’s really there this time! Sorry for the tease!

Last edited by HeroFan; 06-26-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 9331
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
Ok that should bring us into synchronization! Do you want to do anything with the leftover points or bank them for development when you have started playing?
What leftover points? +2 from a one point bump in dexterity and +1 for the weaponsmith brings the character to exactly 75.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-26-2019, 02:50 PM
HeroFan's Avatar
HeroFan HeroFan is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 1319
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
What leftover points? +2 from a one point bump in dexterity and +1 for the weaponsmith brings the character to exactly 75.
Hmmm Im seeing a listed total of 17 points spent in the first stat block but only counting 14 actually spent. However Dexterity actually costs two points each so that should be 4 not 3.

Also in my version I spent a point buying Literacy for his Spanish, so I ended up showing you with one extra point.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-26-2019, 03:55 PM
MrKinister's Avatar
MrKinister MrKinister is offline
Ancient Emerald Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Posts: 1,486
Hmm... somehow Bullseye now has martial arts with a staff. I am perfectly ok with that, since my character now tops out at 86 points. Cha-ching! $$$

Just kidding. I think you need to fix that. =)

I'll look for an image for him.
__________________
"Just because someone stumbles and loses their way, doesn't mean that they are lost forever." - Charles Xavier

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-26-2019, 04:35 PM
SalmonMax's Avatar
SalmonMax SalmonMax is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 1029
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Posts: 780
HeroFan, I'm liking Renata a lot, overall! She seems very capable in a scrap. Part of me wants to suggest maybe throwing more points into skills and broadening her out a little...but then again, it might be better to spend exp on that, and focus on being survivable first, hehe. As it is, she can coast on her current combat skills for a little while, I think.

Then again, given the game theme, maybe not. (^_^)

I do want to revise her background a little to incorporate the changes you and I worked out. Part of that will probably change her major in school, so the Physical Therapy would be better phrased as just 'student' for now, I think. I haven't decided exactly what her major is yet. It's likely she's getting some money from an athletics scholarship or something though...not a full ride, but enough to help. She probably also has a job, and it might be good if her professional skill was related to that as well, hehe.

So I'll give those things a thought.

Also, still wondering if Ego wouldn't be a better place than Int for the 3 points. Can you fill me in on your reasoning?

Thanks for the all the work and effort you've put into helping me realize this character in 6th Edition!

Last edited by SalmonMax; 06-26-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-26-2019, 05:56 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 9331
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
Hmmm Im seeing a listed total of 17 points spent in the first stat block but only counting 14 actually spent.
Nope, 17 points spent - I have been taking down how many points I have added not how much it cost for characteristics up until I added it up at the bottom, so 3 points of dexterity for 6 points.

And I missed that literacy cost extra, so I downgraded spanish to fluent conversation plus literacy.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-26-2019, 07:47 PM
HeroFan's Avatar
HeroFan HeroFan is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 1319
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Nope, 17 points spent - I have been taking down how many points I have added not how much it cost for characteristics up until I added it up at the bottom, so 3 points of dexterity for 6 points.

And I missed that literacy cost extra, so I downgraded Spanish to fluent conversation plus literacy.
Okay, got it, thanks for your patience. So, all of your updates are to your original application post on the first page, right? So currently, you have this?

If so, I found our 1 point difference, Navigation (Air, Land) only costs 3, not 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
-Name: Noah Benson

Age: 38

Appearance, Personality: Noah is an african-american man that stands about five foot nine with a rather heavy build. While he has developed a small beer gut over the years it is evident that he has lived an active athletic life, and while he is for a large part a desk worker these days his hands are still rough from his outdoorsy pastimes. He keeps a short full beard and closely cut hair that is just starting to grow a little grey on the sides. His nose is a little crooked from having been broken a few too many times and not always properly reset during his college football years, but the added flaw does not make him appear more brutish. His dark eyes are too kind for it, the imperfection making him a little more approachable even. Most of the times Noah is softly spoken and friendly, a natural people person, but as is often the case with kind people it is a terrible thing to get him angry. Some of his wards have had to find out that he values truthfulness and despises cheap tricks and lies. In a similar way, he is quite a different person when he is out hunting deer. Not that he is angry then, but to see him stalk with purpose or wait with quiet patience is quite a departure from the usually easy-going nature he brings to his private life and often grim job.

Bio Outline: Noah Benson was born in Talladega, Alabama to a retired air force pilot, who was now a part-time flight instructor at the local airfield, and a hairdresser. His youth was uneventful, his family loving. They were not rich, but richer than a good few other families about as they could see Sundays in church. Noah spent a lot of time outside, playing with friends or hunting with his father at the national forest during the season. He was bright enough in school but applied himself for a long time until he realised that for most of his dream jobs he would need a degree. All of them revolved around helping people in one way or another - social worker, doctor, psychiatrist, policeman. In the end, his grades were not good enough to pursue a career in medicine, but he acquired a degree in social work from the University of Alabama in Birmingham. From there picking an actual job came relatively easy to him. Not being one to just focus on the easy cases he stayed in Birmingham to pursue a career as a Parole officer working with felons. His father, in addition to showing him how to fly a plane, had taken him hunting virtually every season from since he had been around ten years old, so he had already known how to handle a rifle, but carrying a handgun and training with it was part of that job as well. His physique and friendliness certainly helped with the kind of work he did, but every ward that fell back into their criminal ways or otherwise broke the stipulations of their parole pained him personally.

He met his then-wife on the job, who had worked as a defense lawyer for one of his parolees, and things started to move very fast for them. They married a little under a year after having had their first date, a son on the way already. Yet it would not last, as two years later the son was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma, a tumor pressing on its spiral gland that had already spread by the time they realized it had caused the slowed physical development of the kid. Thousands of dollars of debt later the child still could not be saved. Noah had been chasing after specialists all around the country. Where before he'd never in all his life been north of Nashville or West of Dallas suddenly he had to relocate to the west coast to get the specialist treatment his son needed, eventually ending up in San Diego before the child passed. His marriage crumbled shortly after, leaving Noah alone and borderline depressed, stuck in San Diego with a large bulk of the debt for the treatments in his name in addition to the student debt he up until then hadn't really had a chance to work on either. Drink helped at first, but he was trying hard to not fall too deep into that pit. Burying himself in his work helped a lot better emotionally, and the fact he could work at all, but he was not nearly making enough money to pay off his debts, barely able to pay the interest after having moved into a small bachelors apartment. In fact, recently he has been short of his payments often, and the bailiffs came around multiple times to repossess most everything in his tiny apartment. Now he has nothing to repossess anymore and he has started to dodge them as best he can. Ironic considering he is generally the one looking after criminals trying to get back into society - now he was the one going the other direction if he didn't do something about it.

Character Points spent:
 



Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
HeroFan, I'm liking Renata a lot, overall! She seems very capable in a scrap. Part of me wants to suggest maybe throwing more points into skills and broadening her out a little...but then again, it might be better to spend exp on that, and focus on being survivable first, hehe. As it is, she can coast on her current combat skills for a little while, I think.

Then again, given the game theme, maybe not. (^_^)

I do want to revise her background a little to incorporate the changes you and I worked out. Part of that will probably change her major in school, so the Physical Therapy would be better phrased as just 'student' for now, I think. I haven't decided exactly what her major is yet. It's likely she's getting some money from an athletics scholarship or something though...not a full ride, but enough to help. She probably also has a job, and it might be good if her professional skill was related to that as well, hehe.

So I'll give those things a thought.

Also, still wondering if Ego wouldn't be a better place than Int for the 3 points. Can you fill me in on your reasoning?

Thanks for the all the work and effort you've put into helping me realize this character in 6th Edition!
Okay! Thanks! Of course, I am eager to get the characters into gameplay, where I expect the players will all immediately begin noting things they would do differently. Such is life! As to EGO vs INT, they are both good, and I should say that I am not actively resisting your ideas, just forgetting to deploy them! EGO is about being focused and determined and maybe resisting mental powers and commitment and faith. INT is for perception rolls and INT based skills and academics. So athletic training might cause me to think more of EGO while a demanding academic major like engineering might lean me toward INT, but you could, for example, be really smart about training technique, working smarter not harder (INT) or you could push through a grueling academic regimen on sheer willpower and determination (EGO). It's really about how you see the character. I made the changes to her Professional Skill (Student) and swapped the +3 from INT to EGO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
Hmm... somehow Bullseye now has martial arts with a staff. I am perfectly ok with that, since my character now tops out at 86 points. Cha-ching! $$$

Just kidding. I think you need to fix that. =)

I'll look for an image for him.
Thanks! Yeah, that was a copy/paste error, sorry! It's fixed now. Looking good otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
Thanks.

For that last point, can I ask a big favor? I would like to invest that point in faith skill and borrow two points to pay for it. That was one of the first skills I wanted to add after training, but it would be nice if I had the foundation before the near-death experience and possibility even use it subconsciously to survive.

On a side note, would it be possible to add a utility knife, such as a buck knife, to his equipment carried list?

This is done now. Looks good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
I still only see the .hdc and the .jpg in the folder.
Almost scared to say it this time, but I think you will see the character sheet now? Either way please let me know, and your thoughts for any changes or tweaking of the contents!

Last edited by HeroFan; 06-26-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-26-2019, 08:32 PM
MrKinister's Avatar
MrKinister MrKinister is offline
Ancient Emerald Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-18-2019
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Posts: 1,486
Almost there. I see from the PDF that the character is now 73 points, but I built him for 75. So something's missing. I will check on the original once I get home. =)
__________________
"Just because someone stumbles and loses their way, doesn't mean that they are lost forever." - Charles Xavier

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB