RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-16-2019, 05:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1319
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komaru View Post
With the damage shield outside of the M/P, she could have that going and use her blast at the same time. I'm no expert, but I think that means she could be hitting one enemy and doing damage shield damage and blasting another enemy both in the same phase. That just seems overly scary, and complicated, for a low-level teen super. So, unless you really wanted her to have double attacks per phase, how about we just delete the damage shield altogether? It's not vital to the character concept.

However, that does leave her with a lightning attack M/P with only one attack in it. Any suggestions for a second and/or third slot?

Also, as I think about it, her Code vs Killing would be Strong instead of Moderate.
Okay, up to you either way; Im okay with the prospect of her having both the ranged attack options and the melee damage shield simultaneously as long as the points are not just a multi power slot, but actually committed costs. As for additional eb multi power slots, how about a taser type non lethal blasts or a metal/water conducted indirect area effects blast with a weak killing attack like 1/2 d6 to 1d6?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Okay...so in the case of a character who is telepathic, and telekinetic, what would be the best way to build the powerset, with this limit in mind?

Removing those two powers from the multipower gives me 12 points. I can just drop the Barrier, but that still leaves me...Str 8 telekinesis...which isn't worth too much.

I figured 'psionic powers' would be an okay theme for a multipower, but limiting it to a specific kind of psionic power does throw a wrench into the works.

I'll give it some thought, see if there's a way to make it work. Suggestions/ideas always welcome.

Edit - Think I found a compromise I can live with. I'll resubmit when it's not bone-breakingly late at night and I've had a chance to go back over it.
Thank you! I want to reassure you that in this game supers are rare and being just telepathic ala Charles Xavier will be enough to be effective. Also you might consider slots with invisible power effects, just saying. Also a telekinesis of only 8 str would still be useful and potentially effective in this game.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:41 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1029
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
These mental powers are by default Imperceptible in most cases.

The TK isn't...so you have a point on that. I'll see if that fits...
Old 08-16-2019, 09:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
Okay! Sounds good! I might not be able to get a first draft up until Saturday.
No problem!

I'm going to peruse the rules some so I have a better idea of what 6th Edition is like. I don't even know what edition it was the last time I played, maybe 4th....
Old 08-16-2019, 03:28 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Once more! With empathically detected feeling!

I'm so on the fence about Destitute...but I also have to think, she hasn't got family, she's been intentionally staying out of state care, and she's a minor so how can she be anything BUT destitute? It makes sense, but I have a feeling those are points I'm just going to be buying back pretty soon, lol. Ah well. Maybe I can exchange them with another complication instead when the situation in the game clears up.

right-aligned image

Name: Cassandra Allen
Super Name: Squidge (this is probably gonna change, lol...she's been going by this instead of her real name, but it's not a 'super' name if that makes sense. )

Value: 250

Personality
Easygoing, laid back, convivial; with occasional almost manic bursts of inspiration as an idea or realization seizes her. Squidge likes people, despite what one might think about someone who can read minds. She can see the ugliness, the ignorance, but can also see deeper, to the places where we are as much victim of our vices as perpetrators of them. She loves the quirks, the neuroses, the little things that set each person apart from the other...finding an odd kind of beauty in how such variety can spring from so common origins. There's always a distance between her and others as well though; she admires people from afar...meddling when she thinks she can help, but avoiding deeper relationships.

Backstory
Squidge has only vague memories of the time before everything broke. She thinks she was happy a lot. Life seemed pretty good, broadly speaking. Then chaos intruded. The house was broken into, people from the doors, and some of the windows. Parents screaming in fear, scrambling to defend themselves and her. She remembers the intruders as darkly dressed, and she couldn't see their faces...but she was young. Too young to really grasp what she was seeing. Too scared. Too long ago. The only mind she can't read is her own.

That was the moment, she recalls, when her ability exploded. The feeling of pain all around her. The danger. The panic. Too much. A child, with a child's lack of restraint, suddenly equipped with this power. Still not enough to save her parents. Definitely enough to save herself. She left behind a house that had been virtually torn apart, and what was left consumed by flames from torn electrical conduits. Of the attackers...best not to think of that.

Traumatized, she simply ran and hid for a time. Most of her powers she repressed, wanting nothing more to do with them. The power to listen though...that one she had little control over at first. And it helped. It helped in more ways than one. Listening to the murmurs people didn't say warned her of danger. It told her who would help her too. As she learned to listen more, listen deeper, she started seeing past the respectable disguises to the uglier layer beneath...but then also past that to the frightened cores that were just trying to protect themselves. There were resonances, Squidge realized, to people. Even small things could bounce back and forth in their minds, and change things. A kindness or cruelty now could reverberate into the future.

She could help. That one idea was a lodestone. Making even one person's life even a little bit better helped. It all played forward.

And as long as she was helping, she didn't have to hide. As long as she was helping, she didn't have to think about the bad things that had happened. Everything could be okay again.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 08-19-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:53 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68
Komaru
Quote:
Okay, up to you either way; Im okay with the prospect of her having both the ranged attack options and the melee damage shield simultaneously as long as the points are not just a multi power slot, but actually committed costs. As for additional eb multi power slots, how about a taser type non lethal blasts or a metal/water conducted indirect area effects blast with a weak killing attack like 1/2 d6 to 1d6?
Reading the Indirect advantage, it doesn't seem to work very well with AoE (it doesn't allow the AoE to pass through/around barriers), but the concepts seem to work pretty well independently. Here are some slot ideas for your consideration:

3 [ultra] Taser Touch: 7d6 blast, zero end (+1/2) = 52; Stun Only, no range (-1/2) = 35
3 [ultra] Toaster in the Bathtub: 6d6 blast, 16m Radius (+3/4) = 52; Only affects targets touching an electrically conductive path (such as metal or water) to the target hex (-1/2) = 35
3 [ultra] Sneak Circuit: 7d6 blast, Indirect Path (+1/2) = 52; Must be an electrically conductive path touching/connecting Dynamo and the target (-1/2) [Example, wiring or plumbing in a house] = 35
3 [ultra] Jedi Lightning: 7d6 blast, 16m Cone (+1/2) = 52, no range (-1/2) = 35
3 [ultra] Arc Weld: 3d6 RKA = 45, no range (-1/2) = 30

Any of these you particularly like, or don't like?
Old 08-17-2019, 05:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komaru View Post
Reading the Indirect advantage, it doesn't seem to work very well with AoE (it doesn't allow the AoE to pass through/around barriers), but the concepts seem to work pretty well independently. Here are some slot ideas for your consideration:

3 [ultra] Taser Touch: 7d6 blast, zero end (+1/2) = 52; Stun Only, no range (-1/2) = 35
3 [ultra] Toaster in the Bathtub: 6d6 blast, 16m Radius (+3/4) = 52; Only affects targets touching an electrically conductive path (such as metal or water) to the target hex (-1/2) = 35
3 [ultra] Sneak Circuit: 7d6 blast, Indirect Path (+1/2) = 52; Must be an electrically conductive path touching/connecting Dynamo and the target (-1/2) [Example, wiring or plumbing in a house] = 35
3 [ultra] Jedi Lightning: 7d6 blast, 16m Cone (+1/2) = 52, no range (-1/2) = 35
3 [ultra] Arc Weld: 3d6 RKA = 45, no range (-1/2) = 30

Any of these you particularly like, or don't like?
I'm good with these! The tazer is my favorite.

Quote:
Once more! With empathically detected feeling!

I'm so on the fence about Destitute...but I also have to think, she hasn't got family, she's been intentionally staying out of state care, and she's a minor so how can she be anything BUT destitute? It makes sense, but I have a feeling those are points I'm just going to be buying back pretty soon, lol. Ah well. Maybe I can exchange them with another complication instead when the situation in the game clears up.

right-aligned image

Name: Cassandra Allen
Super Name: Squidge (this is probably gonna change, lol...she's been going by this instead of her real name, but it's not a 'super' name if that makes sense. )

Value: 250

Personality
Easygoing, laid back, convivial; with occasional almost manic bursts of inspiration as an idea or realization seizes her. Squidge likes people, despite what one might think about someone who can read minds. She can see the ugliness, the ignorance, but can also see deeper, to the places where we are as much victim of our vices as perpetrators of them. She loves the quirks, the neuroses, the little things that set each person apart from the other...finding an odd kind of beauty in how such variety can spring from so common origins. There's always a distance between her and others as well though; she admires people from afar...meddling when she thinks she can help, but avoiding deeper relationships.

Backstory
Squidge has only vague memories of the time before everything broke. She thinks she was happy a lot. Life seemed pretty good, broadly speaking. Then chaos intruded. The house was broken into, people from the doors, and some of the windows. Parents screaming in fear, scrambling to defend themselves and her. She remembers the intruders as darkly dressed, and she couldn't see their faces...but she was young. Too young to really grasp what she was seeing. Too scared. Too long ago. The only mind she can't read is her own.

That was the moment, she recalls, when her ability exploded. The feeling of pain all around her. The danger. The panic. Too much. A child, with a child's lack of restraint, suddenly equipped with this power. Still not enough to save her parents. Definitely enough to save herself. She left behind a house that had been virtually torn apart, and what was left consumed by flames from torn electrical conduits. Of the attackers...best not to think of that.

Traumatized, she simply ran and hid for a time. Most of her powers she repressed, wanting nothing more to do with them. The power to listen though...that one she had little control over at first. And it helped. It helped in more ways than one. Listening to the murmurs people didn't say warned her of danger. It told her who would help her too. As she learned to listen more, listen deeper, she started seeing past the respectable disguises to the uglier layer beneath...but then also past that to the frightened cores that were just trying to protect themselves. There were resonances, Squidge realized, to people. Even small things could bounce back and forth in their minds, and change things. A kindness or cruelty now could reverberate into the future.

She could help. That one idea was a lodestone. Making even one person's life even a little bit better helped. It all played forward.

And as long as she was helping, she didn't have to hide. As long as she was helping, she didn't have to think about the bad things that had happened. Everything could be okay again.

Thank you! This looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
No problem!

I'm going to peruse the rules some so I have a better idea of what 6th Edition is like. I don't even know what edition it was the last time I played, maybe 4th....
I have a first draft for you which I will link to the original post when I get it uploaded and let me know what you think?

Quote:
These mental powers are by default Imperceptible in most cases.

The TK isn't...so you have a point on that. I'll see if that fits...
Yes I actually meant that the people you use mental power on will know.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Quote:
I have a first draft for you which I will link to the original post when I get it uploaded and let me know what you think?

I'll take a look tomorrow, thanks!
Old 08-18-2019, 01:26 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Hm, is that possible to avoid? The power descriptions were a bit all over the place in terms of determining when someone was aware of your influence. Telepathy, for example, never mentioned anything about the power being detected by the subject. Illusions are detected if the power fails, but otherwise isn't. Mindcontrol is always detected, unless you substantially increase the difficulty of the roll, and so on.

But if there's a way to bypass all that and guarantee the subject isn't aware...might be worth considering for sure.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:

I'll take a look tomorrow, thanks!
Great! The link is to a folder with three PDFs, one for each form.Let me know what you think.

Quote:

Hm, is that possible to avoid? The power descriptions were a bit all over the place in terms of determining when someone was aware of your influence. Telepathy, for example, never mentioned anything about the power being detected by the subject. Illusions are detected if the power fails, but otherwise isn't. Mindcontrol is always detected, unless you substantially increase the difficulty of the roll, and so on.

But if there's a way to bypass all that and guarantee the subject isn't aware...might be worth considering for sure.
Yes, per volume 1 of the full rules, THE PERCEIVABIlITy OF mENTAl POWERS
As discussed on 6E1 126, Mental Powers are Invisible to characters who do not have Mental Awareness. However, the target of a mental attack can sense the Source of the attack and knows
what Mental Power hes been attacked with. This identification occurs immediately for Mental Blast, Mind Scan, and Telepathy; for Mind Control or Mental Illusions it usually occurs after the Power no longer affects the character. The Invisible Power Effects Advantage (6E1 338) can conceal a Mental Power from Mental Awareness, or even prevent the target from realizing that hes being attacked with one (though he still gets Breakout Rolls). A mentalist can also prevent a target from knowing hes been attacked with a Mental Power by achieving a +20 effect on his Effect Roll.

Im thinking this is something to grow into with experience?
Old 08-18-2019, 10:33 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Could be...though it'd be cool if maybe just the Telepathy had it at first...

I'm thinking eventually I'd want two Telepathies; a weaker 'safe' version and a stronger version that doesn't have that subtlety... Starting with the subtle version could work better, since part of the concept is that she uses telepathy a lot to get to know people.

So that'd be a +1/2; Invisible to Target mod?
Old 08-18-2019, 11:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Could be...though it'd be cool if maybe just the Telepathy had it at first...

I'm thinking eventually I'd want two Telepathies; a weaker 'safe' version and a stronger version that doesn't have that subtlety... Starting with the subtle version could work better, since part of the concept is that she uses telepathy a lot to get to know people.

So that'd be a +1/2; Invisible to Target mod?
Yes, and THAT is exactly the kind of thing (a weaker safe and a stronger in your face version) what I would want in a multipower!
Old 08-19-2019, 08:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3615
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Any update on who made the game and who did not? Or a end date for applications?
Old 08-19-2019, 02:22 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, made one small tweak to my submission, adding the Invisible to Targets mod to Telepathy.

Think I'm good to go.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The builds looks good to me! I wasn't thinking multiple alternate forms but it really works. Thanks so much.

Checking out the skills again, but I think you covered everything.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
The builds looks good to me! I wasn't thinking multiple alternate forms but it really works. Thanks so much.

Checking out the skills again, but I think you covered everything.
Excellent! I have a story thread open for you to post to when you're ready!

Quote:
Okay, made one small tweak to my submission, adding the Invisible to Targets mod to Telepathy.

Think I'm good to go.
Yay! I will check it out and get it into Hero Designer for my review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Any update on who made the game and who did not? Or an end date for applications?
Yes! The good news is, hypothetically I don't have to turn anyone away and can accept everyone! However, I am still in the process of carefully reviewing the actual characters in Hero Designer, which is a slower process, mostly because I need chunks of time and can't do it a little at a time. Please bear with me, and we should be able to get you into the game!