RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 08:44 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2700
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Wow, more players. Thank you all for your great apps. These are a great read.

Between Silent Rain & JaredSyn we could have the makings of an Undead party, and that would be interesting.

Thought I'd add an add the Unearthed Arcana for the Revenant JaredSyn.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Revenant.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	81740  
Old 09-26-2019, 01:37 AM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Hello everyone

I'm still dishing out reviews, amendments and general yarns through PMs. If you want me to look over your app please let me know.

On another note, I've been given a game thread and there are already great applications for this game which means I'm going to move up the dead line. So if you were thinking of applying or you have a friend on the site you'd love to play with itbis time to pull out all the stops.
I'm trying not to get ahead of myself and start selecting players before the time but there are some outstanding apps in the mix of the great ones. The competition is going to be pretty tight. I'm drawing on opinions of other trusted sources on the site

Kind regards
Xal

Last edited by Xalnaga; 09-26-2019 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:17 AM
Great Derpy Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1447
Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral
I probably need to reread the entire app a lot to fix lingering mistakes, typos and word repetitions, but Vaes is mostly up for review!

Edit: Woohoo, my 1000th post!

Last edited by Sadral; 09-26-2019 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Mines still being worked on. Unfortunately, I still haven't found the secret to not needing sleep.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:19 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2932
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Xalnaga I wouldn't mind a review. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 317
Farnsworth Farnsworth Farnsworth Farnsworth
Thanks for the consideration Xal! I finished my RP and most of my app (not sure if I should add anymore details). It is going to be a great game even if I don't get in
@penbeast0 - Thanks for the spelling fix
Old 09-26-2019, 11:01 AM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2828
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
I'm eying Winged Boots... game?
Old 09-26-2019, 01:39 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Throwing in my interest for a hooman fighter. Should have a WIP up soon but I don't know if can finish it before work.

Application-WIP
Basics
right-aligned image

Name: Cassandra 'Cassie' Belmont
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter (Eldritch Knight)
Background: Noble

DetailsBackstory/History: Cassandra Belmont is the oldest child of the Belmont family, and for many years the only child. She was raised more as if she was a male than female, with her father intent on sending her the path of the knight. After all, every noble family should have a respected knight who bears their name. She kept her hair short, wore tunics and britches, was trained in a man's version of ettiquette bowing rather than curtsying. She was thirteen when her brother was born, and everything changed. Suddenly her father started ignoring her, didn't want her anymore, because he had the son he had always wanted. Her only use, as he said, was to be married off to some lord to further family relations. Within weeks of the birth of Thomas Belmont, a carriage arrived carrying the man who was supposed to be her husband.

Cassie argued that she was too young to get married, but her father was adamant. She was old enough to have children, so she was old enough to get married. The lord was nice enough, even when the two of them were forced to spend time alone together, but Cassie didn't want to get married. So she packed a bag and slipped out of the manor in the middle of the night.

She traveled for weeks on her own, sometimes wandering aimlessly, sometimes hiding from the forces that were hunting her down. Until one day she stumbled upon a tower in the middle of the forest. She knew at once that it had to be magical, because she hadn't seen it over the trees. It was only once she entered the clearing that it had come into view. She was greeted by a cloaked man who introduced himself as the wizard of the tower and was invited inside. Most would think it was foolish for her to accept, but she would later say it was the best choice she had ever made.

There were only two people living in the tower, the wizard, and his apprentice, a Half-Elven boy around Cassie's age named Simon. Over the next few weeks, Cassie would recover from her time on the road and begin to learn about the wonders of magic. Both wizard and apprentice were incredibly passionate about the subject, and wanted to make sure that Cassie, who had never been exposed to magic before, got the chance to learn it. If she chose.

Cassie lived their for years as apprentice number two to the wizard. She learned magic while still training in the ways of the sword, balancing the two. Her and Simon grew very close to each other, in more ways than one.

Ideal: Respect. All people are equals, regardless of birth or station, all are the same, and all deserve to be treated with respect.
Bond: My eyes were opened to the gifts of magic and I will share those gifts with as many as I can.
Flaw: I flee from an arranged marriage, for though I cannot have him, I love another.
Deity: The Magician

Custom DeityName: The Magician
god of magical bloodlines
Tenants: Magic is a blessing and a curse.
Magic is not inheritly good or bad.
Magic is unbiased
Symbol: An open tome
RP Sample: How did they recruit you as a devotee?

Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart; 10-03-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:02 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Hey there ya'll. I'll try get the reviews done today.

Auron to need no sleep there are two options. A strict regiment of pharmaceuticals or death. One is preferred over the other, normally only for a short time.
Goodluck

Welcome Colors, yes human variant is a viable option for this game. In my opinion they are the only option . Glad to have you with us

Last edited by Xalnaga; 09-26-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 811
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
Thanks for the consideration Xal! I finished my RP and most of my app (not sure if I should add anymore details). It is going to be a great game even if I don't get in
@penbeast0 - Thanks for the spelling fix
Wasn't supposed to be a spelling fix; was enjoying your poetry but couldn't get my mind to wrap around how vermouth fit in there and was wondering if that was actually the right word you had meant. No closer to enlightenment now.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:10 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2828
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
I added another RP sample featuring Will (by @Farnsworth) and (very briefly) Ganzorig (by @Niyaga).
Old 09-26-2019, 06:29 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 189
The Dark Star The Dark Star
Basic Information
Dalford Hordrum

Race: Human (Variant - Lucky)
Class: Fighter 3 - Battlemaster
Background: Folk Hero
Items: Gauntlets of Ogre Power (Uncommon), Explorer's Pack (10gp), Longsword (15gp), Chainmail (75gp), Shield (10gp), Longbow (50gp), Quiver (1gp), Arrows-40 (2gp), Smith's Tools (20gp), 2x Potions of Healing (100gp), Tent, Two-Person (2gp), Traveler's Clothes (2gp), Robes (1gp), Portable Ram (4gp), Whip (2gp). Total spent 192 gp.

History/Background:

Role Play Sample

Defining Event, Ideal, Bond, FlawIdeal, Bond & Flaw:
Defining Event - I was recruited into a Lord's army and rose to leadership and was commended for my leadership and martial prowess in combat.
Ideal - Everywhere has rules, and they must be followed to the best of our abilities.
Our reputations are our legacy and having it tarnished is worse than death.
Bond - The love of my life, the woman I would have died for betrayed my knights. She convinced others to kill the innocent, slaughtering many, disgracing the name of my knights then took our twin girls and left me for dead, I aim to find her, kill her and bring my daughters back to me.
I have been exiled from my home, never to return to my lord's lands, under penalty of death.
Flaw - My knights betrayed their people and died in disgrace, it's had an everlasting effect on me, I constantly smoke to keep my stress down.
I sometimes speak to a necklace as if it were a child.

DeityZaresh, The Late God of Law and Justice/ Alexandria, The New God of Law and Justice
Name: Zaresh, The Late God of Law and Justice / Alexandria, The New God of Law and Justice
Tenants:
Honour: Live honourably, respect others, treat them how you would like to be treated.
Save the Innocent: Protect those that cannot protect themselves, even if it were to mean your death.
Courage: Never fear to act, though caution is wise.
Tip the Scales: When the scales tip towards the side of evil, it is your duty to right it and keep the balance.
Symbol: Scales that are balanced, in the middle is a sword with two bloody hands holding the blade and a rose wrapping around the hands.
RP Sample:

Last edited by The Dark Star; 10-03-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:08 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Yhildrim Yhildrim
Character Application

Character Info
right-aligned image

Name: Sylvia Greenleaf
Race: Tiefling
Alignment: Neutral
Class: Druid(Circle of the Land- Grasslands)
Level: 3
Background: Hermit
Appearance: Sylvia is a slender, pale red skinned Tiefling who's showing the traits of her fiendish heritage. While her sharp teeth, horns, long tail and golden, pupilless eyes scare most of the people she meets, she also carries an unexpectedly serene aura with her thanks to her training as a druid. As for her fashion choices, one would understand Sylvia hasn't been around civilization for so long considering how messy she looks. Following her people's teachings of carrying a part of nature with themselves in order to become one with it, she'd use twigs and leaves as accesories for her hair and clothing.
Personality: Sylvia is not a people person. Often she prefers actions more than words and is cold and suspicious towards people, especially people she just met. However, the ones that get to know her would tell you another story. While she still would not be the very talkative sort, you'd understand the difference if she likes you enough. Who knows, perhaps she'd even crack a joke or two around you. There's something, however, like an impenetrable wall that she built around herself. She often looks thoughtful, sad and tired.

Ideal: I must protect the nature no matter what.
Bond: I have a mission to do. My people died for it so I owe it to them to see it through.
Flaw: There is a feeling inside me, something unnatural, pushing me into things that I don't want to do. I know the blood that flows in my veins. I try to contain it whenever I feel that way, however it doesn't always work.

History/RP Sample
Slyvia was born in a secluded village called Thesnae in Kingdom of Udinhau. The village was dominated by humans and non-humans living in were treated as second class citizens. They'd often face racist remarks, mocking and mistreatment. Nevertheless, both parties managed to live with each other without things escalating further for a time. However, this all changed when things started to go bad for the people in Thesnae. Hunters often came empty handed, crops started to become tasteless and animals started getting sick. Not only that, the road going to the main city became a lot more dangerous, from not only the wild life but bandit groups starting to form in the area. This worsened the relationship between the already tense parties. Humans thought it was non-humans fault and the Gods were punishing them for letting them in their community. One thing led to another, and it all turned into chaos when a human attacked a Tiefling. The other humans followed his example, raiding the non-humans homes intending to kill and "purify" their community to appease the Gods. Sylvia's family was a victim to that as well. Her father died protecting his family and she, in her mother's embrace, escaped to the nearby woods, Greenleaf Forest, with a mob of angry humans following them. Running out of options and hope for an escape, her mother, with tears in her eyes, left her under a tree. Praying to the Gods to keep her daughter safe, she ran back to divert the attention back to her. It was the last time Sylvia saw her real family.

Scared, hungry and stressed, Sylvia cried and cried, cried so much that she fell tired. Just as she was about to sleep, giving up hope that someone would come and save her, a drop of water fell down from a leaf right above her and landed on her forehead. As it touched her skin, she suddenly heard the voice of a caring woman comforting her, though she sounded sickly and weak. Not long after, a group of druids who called themselves the Protectors of the Natural Order found the baby while passing through the forest to find the reason why it was dying. They took her under their wings, teaching her everything she needs to learn to survive. The girl had exceptionally high magic potential to the group's surprise and was a quick learner. As Sylvia grew up, the nightmares followed. The first few times she kept it to herself, but it started to repeat over and over. The same nightmare, every night.

A grey, dying world. There was something wrong with the air, it was suffocating. The sky was no longer blue and the birds didn't chirp as cheerful. A lone druid walked aimlessly, passing by the dead animals and leafless trees, with each step she slowed down until she came to a stop. She no longer had the strength to continue and fell down to her knees, her skin turned paler than it already was and she extended her hand in order to reach somewhere. She couldn't. And Sylvia would wake up breathless, gasping for air. She decided to explain it to the elders. A trouble was coming, according to them, and nature worked in mysterious ways. They encouraged her to keep learning and be ready when the time comes, which she did. She continued to train in the mornings and see the same nightmares in the nights until when she came of age. This time the dream was different.

A voice, calling out. A familiar, yet also distant one. "Come." The woman said with a sickly voice, this time wasn't carrying a comforting tone. "It is time." Then she saw the visions of a forest. Then an abandoned village. A crying, little baby. When she explained what she saw to the elders, they immediately knew where to go. It was the forest where they found Sylvia, Greenleaf Forest. The group went back there to investigate the meaning of her dream, yet the elders decided Sylvia should continue alone when they arrived at the entrance. She walked alone towards the tree where she was found. The forest was almost dead, in fact, only a rose which carried a drop of water stood out. When she approached, she felt a sharp headache and was suddenly hit with a vision of a silhouette of a woman, coming closer. When she moved out of the shadows, Sylvia saw an old, sickly woman, who seemed to be barely standing. She wasn't human, no. She had leaves instead of hair. Her body had a light green color. Her eyes were icy blue. A creature of beauty, she would be, but there was certainly something wrong.

"Hello, child. You've grown a lot." She smiled.

"Who are you? How do you know me?" Sylvia asked, confused and suspicious. She remembered her voice but didn't know from where.

"Forgive me. I am Chyrsanthe, Lady of the Forest and Harvest. Warden of the Nature..." She stopped for a second, then added. "A dying Goddess. As for how I know you, do you remember your dream? This forest. The crying baby? It was you. My magic drew those druids to you and kept you alive. You have the mark of the forest within."

"I heard from Master Thernon that they found me here. You were responsible for that? Thank..." Sylvia was about to say, but was cut short by Chyrsanthe.

"Do not thank me, my child. I didn't do it as charity. Carrying the mark of the forest brings the burden with it. Your journey from now on will be difficult and full of sacrifices. The path you walk will take its toll on you. You must be prepared for what is to come."

"Those dreams. Are they... real? The future?"

"Yes, they are. Not set in stone, however."

"I don't understand. What do I have to do?"

"Nature is a wild thing, child. It can't be controlled, it can only be guided. However, even guiding the certain events to occur takes a lot of strength from you. I have been here for decades, and my strength is fading. War has come. Men made machines to bring destruction to the land and the order. I do not have enough strength to preserve what is left."

Another vision hit her. A giant oak tree, a city burning. Metal. Red eyed machines. A rose.

"The Tree of Life. You must find it, before it's too late. Carry my tear with you. You will know what to do then." She referred to the drop of water. "Become. Child of Goddess and Demon." With that, the silhouette of the woman suddenly turned into an older, wiser version of herself, looking at her with expectant eyes.

"Wait. I need to know..."

"We shall meet again, child. For now, let me rest... and... I'm sorry." With that, the woman disappeared, leaving her alone with the empty forest and her own thoughts. What was that about? What was she going to do now? Who was she?

Questions flying in her mind, Sylvia moved forward to put the drop of water to an empty vial and left the forest, now devoid of life.

When she explained what happened to the druids, they decided to accompany her. As Chyrsanthe has said, they have seen what the war has brought upon the land. They mostly stayed out of sight until one day when they got caught by a passing patrol of Warforged. It was too late to run away now and a fight was inevitable. Even though they had their fair share of skills, they weren't fighters. One by one, Sylvia saw her friends die as the battle dragged on. She heard their screams as the Warforged mercilessly slayed them limb by limb. "Fly, little bird. You have a big part to play. Survive. Find..." The elder shouted before she also fell dead. As the sole survivor, with tears in her eyes, she turned into a bird and flew away. Flew until she couldn't find the strength to fly anymore. She fell unconscious afterwards and opened her eyes in a camp, getting treated for her injuries. It took days to recover from her injuries and weeks to talk. When she was ready, she learned that she was in a camp of people against what she just faced.

That's when she decided to join them in the battle against the Order of the Black Rose. Before it was to protect the lands from destruction, but now it became personal. Even after the war, she decided to stick with the group as it seemed things haven't calmed down just yet and wandering aimlessly would only bring misfortune. After their last job done, now the group was facing another dilemma. The countess or the count.

Deity Info

Deity Name: Chyrsanthe, Lady of the Forest and Harvest. Warden of the Nature.
Tenants: Nature always prevails.
Symbol: A golden leaf

Last edited by Yhildrim; 09-28-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10347
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Just added my character's take on all the other character's here, save those that don't have enough information to do so.
It's in a Spoiler Button at the bottom of my application, which is here.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:12 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11589
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Name: Sabia Fey'stra
Race: High Elf
Class: Wizard Evocation

Role Play Sample: She gave a small sigh, was it any wonder that Arcaria had called on elves to guide these poor creatures. Not one of them seemed to have intellect or a modicum of sense. Sometimes Sabia swore these so called 'Sentient' races might as well be dogs. She'd have to explain to them again. A sigh as she looked at the group she traveled with the hulking fighter was already launching forward with his sword and she would, yet again, need to make the difficult calculation and ensure that her arcane flames missed him.

She spoke the words of power, did her calculations and cast the fireball at their enemy. As she finished she said, "How many times must I elucidate to you that Arcane energies are complex. It behooves you to wait for my spell and then attack. I can not always guarantee that my calculations will miss you and if I make a single mistake you will be burned."

She gave a little humph of annoyance and looked at the dead creature before them. "Now, can we please wait a few moments. I'd like to examine it's internal workings. The Troll anatomies done by Lord Takrness are sorely lacking in detail. Just give me a few minutes and then we can continue on to the next encounter where I am sure you will feel free to ignore my advice yet again."

Background: Mage's Apprentice

Backstory / History: Sabia was a brilliant youn mage and quickly rose through the ranks in her academy. Seeking additional knowledge and wishing to follow in the ways of her chosen goddess she left her Elven home to venture out into the human world with the hope that she could use her power and intellect to help guide and aid the lesser races.

Ideal, Bond & Flaw:
Ideal - There is no such thing as evil knowledge simply evil beings
Bond - I must aid the lesser races, guide them, and help them to become better
Flaw - Mistakes, I do not make any mistakes. Anything that could conceivably be considered a mistake must be your imagination.

Deity: Arcaria - Elven Goddess - Culture, Intelligence, and Divine Guidance. She who guided the elven race to greatness and wishes the elves to in turn use their gifts to guide the lesser races. As the highest and most loved beings in existence it is Elven duty to show others the way to Arcaria and help them.