RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-27-2019, 01:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4016
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
I finally added an RP sample for Lucas, which should wrap up his application and make him ready for feedback.

For the record, Lucas is a staunchly loyal Udinthaun. He regards the old king, the old kingdom and all the peace that came with it as yet more things from his youth that the war took from him. He would not be particularly well disposed towards anyone who fought on the other side. However, recent times being what they are, he would adopt a more pragmatic viewpoint from a day-to-day business standpoint.

As far as any links from before the last four months, anyone who fought in the war (on the rebel side) might have known him, but even more likely they might have met his brother Benedict. (Heroic, loyal, impossibly good, now deceased.)

Last edited by hafrogman; 09-27-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:00 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2700
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Wow, I wake up and there are more applications. Hi everyone, just when I thought momentum was slowing down.

I've flicked out another round of reviews via PM over the last 24hrs. Please ask if you want me to look over your app and I'll get something out in the next few days.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:58 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Yhildrim Yhildrim
Added some more details, I think I'm done with the app.

Great apps from everyone. Even if I'm not selected I had fun coming up with a story.

Let me know if you want a combined backstory with Sylvia. TL;DR She joined the camp in the middle of the battle and has been a member ever since. Was found wounded and unconscious after the group of druids she's tagging along got killed by the Warforged and hasn't opened up for a few weeks. Is trying to cure a diseased Goddess.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:52 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Finally in a complete state. Sorry for the wait, just got on a bit of a writing kick. Ready for review, and I think it's time for me to go to sleep
Old 09-29-2019, 05:13 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Good morning All!

Time is coming to a close. the 20th is no longer the cut off date. Please get your apps closed up and sorted. I'm going to close off Applications at the end of the week.

New Cut off
October the 6th

Last edited by Xalnaga; 09-30-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:02 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5627
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wow, September the 6th comes later every year!
Old 09-29-2019, 10:00 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
Looks great! Posting interest with a dragon blood sorcerer. Good to see you again, @xalnaga.
He/Him
Old 09-30-2019, 12:09 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhovianBeast View Post
Wow, September the 6th comes later every year!
Lol. Whoops. Turns out this year is disappearing on me, I just lost a whole month.

Hry Dail glad to have you with us. Hope you can get an app together by Friday.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3615
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Dang more competition LOL!
Old 09-30-2019, 01:00 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2932
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Xalnaga Application has been updated to include some additional information.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:29 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
Jericho
Name: Jericho
Race: Half Elf
Class: Dragon-blood Sorcerer (brass)
Background: Gladiator

Ideal: I believe that my deity Pitalla has chosen me to act as his emissary—when I see evil in the world, I must take action against it.
Bond: The weapons I carry remind me of the evils I have dissembled and the foes I have conquered; they are a token of the destiny that Pitalla has laid upon me.
Flaw: In the heat of the moment, I often have difficulty separating justice and revenge.

Deity: Pitalla
Pitalla is a folk hero known for his various adventures and mishaps during a tireless fight against tyranny and oppression in a series of ancient fables. At the end of his cycle of stories, he descends into the Abyss to fight the embodiment of all of man's vices in a fight that kills both of them. As Pitalla dies, the gods of men raise his spirit from the Abyss and turn him into a constellation in the shape of a bonfire. His followers mark themselves with tattoos of this constellation as a proclamation of their dedication to justice and the forces of Light.

The historicity of Pitalla and his much-fκted deeds has given scholars something to argue over for countless generations. Some take the interpretation that his stories represent a sort of moral history of mankind and their search for meaning and free will. Others believe that these stories represent a sort of bildungsroman for civilization itself in its most primitive form, with each passing generation building on the work of its predecessors in order to create codified laws and ethics.

Pitalla’s devotees, however, believe that he was one of the first true dragons to commingle with humanity, going so far as to take on the form of a human in order to face down the threats that man did not yet have the wherewithal to face down themselves. In many cases, they do not see him as a god, per se, though they sometimes invoke his name in dire situations, but as a guide and source of strength in dire or difficult circumstances.

Back Story:
When Jericho first set out from the mess he left behind in his hometown, he traveled in true anonymity. No one knew him and, aside from the usual amount of suspicion assigned to strangers traveling alone, no one seemed to pay him any mind. Then the stories caught up with him.

Some people said he’d taken down a crime syndicate single-handed. Others said he’d worked undercover to implicate a rich noble’s son in so many crimes that his parents didn’t even bother to try bribing his way out of the city. Others said that he was Pitalla himself, come back from the dead to bring an end to the corruption in his city. He was able to enjoy hearing other people tell them in the taverns and inns for a couple of days, and then people started recognizing him.

He had always enjoyed the fame and notoriety of fighting as a gladiator: the free drinks, the pretty girls, the innkeepers and merchants scurrying over each other to ingratiate themselves to him. Yet without the arena giving him the chance to prove himself regularly, a question began gnawing at him: who is he without a challenge to face and audience to appreciate his victory?

So, when the call came to join a party of adventurers, he breathed a sigh of relief and packed up for Crowngate.

RP Sample:
Jericho lay awake in his bed, his right hand crooked behind his head, his left hand tapping slightly on the strange gemstone embedded in the center of his chest. When he was much younger, he found the sensation sometimes helped him to sleep. Now it was just a nervous habit that he indulged too often. Just like talking to himself.

“Gotta stop worrying about this, Jer.”

“I need to figure out who or what I want to believe about this job.”

“You need to sleep.”

“How can I sleep? I spent the last six months of my life getting myself out from under the thumb of the nobility, and now I’m going right back under it.”

“You don’t know that. Could be they just really want some help fighting evil. I thought you liked fighting evil.”

“Pfuh. Like nobles know from evil. “Evil” is something they call an inconvenience that they want to make a show of strength against.”

“Yeah, well, when you find some way to make money that doesn’t involve showing strength, you can be choosier about the jobs you take. Who knows? Maybe you’ll fight some real evil by accident.”

“Hmph. I guess you’re right.”

“Of course I’m right. So wind the day up, put it away, and go to sleep. You’ll have it figured out by morning.”

A long sigh fills the tent. Jericho stirs in his bedroll, adjusts and readjusts his pillow, and lays in the silence waiting for sleep to come. Another soft sigh escapes his nostrils.

“Gotta stop worrying about this, Jer.”

And so the night passes.
He/Him

Last edited by DialPforPickles; 09-30-2019 at 11:25 PM. Reason: should be ready for review.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:55 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 803
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Sam Waterson
right-aligned image

Name: Sam Waterson
Race: V. Human
Class: Fighter (Champion)
Background: Soldier
Alignment: NG
Ideal: Independence. "When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny." (Chaotic)
Bond: "Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for."
Flaw: "I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior."
Deity:
Description: (larger picture)
Sam has short and wavy brown hair, a strong jaw line, and skin that has been tanned by the sun. Like his father, his armor and his equipment were provided by the King's army after years of faithful service and only after making it to the rank of Captain. Although he kept the armor and the sword, he chose to swap out the tunic for something a little less recognizable.
Personality: Sam is fiercely loyal to those that he fights with but he is slow to trust newcomers. Ironically, he did not really learn who he was until after he was released from the King's Army. Before that, all he had ever thought about was making his father proud by becoming a ranking officer in the King's army. Sadly, it took losing him for Sam to realize that his father did not feel the same adoration in return. He did not resent the man. Mostly, he was disappointed in himself for alienating almost everyone around him for what had developed into fruitless ambitions.

With the void left by his father's passing and his unceremonious expulsion from the new King's Army, Sam found himself longing for a sense of belonging. At first, he found camaraderie among those fighting in the rebellion. However, after the mad King and his knights were defeated, things sort of devolved into chaos again. For a while, Sam was lost again. However, about four month's ago, he found a group of like minded individuals. They all decided that working together made sense (very common practice in these chaotic and dangerous times). What started as odd jobs (guarding caravan's, taking out goblin encampments. etc.) gradually turned into steady work. The group was coming to trust one another and it reflected in their work. Sam had finally started to feel like he had brother's (and sister's?) in arms again...

Backstory
Sam was raised in the shadow of his father, a great soldier that served the late King proudly. His mother was a seamstress, a cobbler, a cook and whatever else she had to be in service to the kingdom. Despite their modest means, he was raised to hold his head proud. His mother would often tell him "Someday, you will be a great man like your father but always remember where you came from."
Although his father was well respected, their station did not afford Sam the luxury of being allowed to attend battle school like the son's of the Noble's. Instead, he had to make due with practicing with his wooden sword and a rather basic wooden shield that his mother had crafted for him. Initially he sparred with fellow children but by the age of 12, he began sparring with soldier's from his father's command.

His father rarely had time for the boy but Sam did not resent that. If anything, he revered his father. He grew up wanting nothing more than to follow in the old man's footsteps. At the age of 16, that dream became a reality. The young man was accepted into the King's army and approved to go through infantry training.
Sam worked twice as hard as any man or woman that he served with to prove himself. He wanted to to be seen as more than just another foot soldier. If he was ever going to reach the rank of Colonel, like his father, it was going to take hard work and dedication. He did not waste time trying to make friends and he was not concerned with whom he offended along the way, so long as his instructors and leadership were pleased with him.
It only took six years for him to reach the rank of Lieutenant, a feat that took not of noble birthrightmost at least eight. It was around that time that Sam's father started to take an insterest in his career. He started to invite his son to join him and his comrades at the tavern. It was a great honor for Sam.
With his father's guidance and his own hard work and dedication, he rose to the rank of Captain within four years of making Lieutenant. In addition to the new title and new command of three platoons of infantryman, around 90 menresponsibility, he recieved a beautiful set of scale mail armor (meant to reflect the stature of his new position).

Despite their grandest ambitions to die honorable deaths in service to the King, neither the father nor the son would be granted that fate. Colonel Waterson died of a heart attack shortly after his son's promotion to the rank of Captain. About a year later, the King died of some mysterious disease, his son died looking for a cure to said disease and then the King's brother took power.

Once the King's brother was in power, he relieved the majority of the the upper ranking soldier's of their command. Sam did not understand what the selection criteria was but he knew that it was not based on fighting ability or experience. He had a feeling that it had to do more with politics, something that he was never very good at.
With his uncermonious release from service, Sam lost any illusion of grandeur. He knew immediately that something was off with the new King but he didn't know what he could do about it. Therefore, he did the only thing that made sense to him. He became a mercenary, albeit with his own code of ethics.
As the truth came out about the King and his Knights of the Black Rose, Sam found himself on a mission to become a part of the resistance. He took whatever job he could that allowed him to undermine the new king. Finally, the King was overthrown and his Knight's destroyed. Ironically, this actually made finding work easier for Sam..
About four months ago, he teamed up with a group of like minded individuals. This was certainly not the first time that he had found a group to work with. If asked he would tell anyone that it just made good surival sense to team up. However, what he wouldn't say was that he missed the camraderie of being a soldier...

RP sample"The job pays 10 gold. You help to guard the wagon between here and Phandalin. Any damage to the cargo or to myself will come out of your pay. Do we have a deal?" The dwarf was shrude but not uncommonly so, given the times. "I'll agree to your terms if you'll agree to mine Dwarf! Anything bigger than a small Orc party attacks us and it's going to cost you extra!" With a look of disdain the Dwarven merchant eyed him suspiciously. "Agreed."

The "standard" caravan guard mission lasted three weeks, which was about two weeks longer than originally expected. The plan was for Gundren (the Dwarven merchant) to go on ahead with his brother to deal with whatever business they had in town. The caravan would follow behind, guarded by four mercenaries (Sam, A Wood Elf by the name of Drake, a Halfling by the name of Chazwick, and a rather squirrely gnome by the name of Wuurl).

About two days into the trip, the caravan was ambushed by a small group of goblins... "Chaz, move!" The small bard was working on strumming on his lute, building up some sort of spell, when Sam spotted the goblin creeping up through the bushes behind him. Chaz hit the deck and, almost simultaneously, Sam shot the goblin directly in the chest with his heavy crossbow.

After the fight, Wuurl had gone ahead to scout the road in front of them. After a few minutes, he came running back. "I saw a couple of dead horses on the trail! I thought I recognized them but once I saw the pack bags, I was sure of it!" When the gnome held up the pack bags, it was impossible to miss the fancy monogram on each of them..."Rockseeker." "Well, looks like our benefactors may be dead and we're out of work I recommend we drive on to the nearest town, sell this cargo and go our separate ways."

"Not so quick there hotshot.. I saw drag marks leading off into the woods. There's a chance that one or both of them are still alive. I don't think it would be right to leave them to their fate. Besides, if they're still alive and we sell their cargo than we're no better than common bandits...." As much as he hated to admit it, Sam knew that the gnome was right.

It took about a week to track down the Rockseeker brother's and another week to get back to the caravan. Thankfully, the mercenaries were able to rescue both brothers (mostly unharmed) and, thanks to a bit of Drake used his druidcraft to wrap vines around the caravan to help it blend in with local foilagecreative camouflage, the cargo was safe as well. The brothers were so grateful that they paid the entire party double their original offer. Although money wasn't his chief concern, Sam was grateful for the bonus. This should be enough to take care of Mother for a while...

Last edited by Treble83; 10-02-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Just want to say, I've got 20 applications to go through which is amazing and super daunting. Thank you all for the effort you've put into you applications and going back and adding more building them into something great!
Old 10-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 139
The Dark Star The Dark Star
Dalford is done and looking for a first look over! Can't wait guys, seems like a fun campaign!
Old 10-03-2019, 08:40 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Drum Roll Please!Greetings people, now is the time we’ve all been waiting for… or at least you may have, this has kept me thinking all week. When I got down to it with the amount of solid apps I have received I’ve been laying out pros and cons to character combinations rather than party balance, I said I don’t care about party balance and I don’t.

I haven’t kept the character app table up to date, sorry. But do not worry I’ve taken every app into consideration here.

Without further fluffery and in alphabetical order (because sometimes I’ve got to let out the OCD beast)

Auron3991
right-aligned image

Daendil
DanshiiWithWulfs
Drachenspirit
Gravenimages
Hafrogman
JaredSyn
Niyaga
Sadral
WhovianBeast

I’ve also created one bonus spot in this uber party.
Yhildrim, welcome aboard!

I would like to thank you all for applying. I have really enjoyed the apps and working with you all to make sure they are the best and that I understand your creations.