RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 05:33 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 191
jOlly001 jOlly001
Hell's Rebels + Hell's Vengeance

Game NameHell's Rebels + Hell's Vengeance
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeRevolution, Good VS Evil, Occasional PVP!
FlavourIntrigue, with no shortage of combat.
Plot Summary
Foreward Yes, it is day 2 of my membership here and I am ready to try my hand at GMing pbp. With that out of the way, I have an idea, an idea that I invite all of you who are interested in some fun a chance to help me out with. Although the two adventure paths I am recruiting for here take place in different areas of Cheliax and don't conflict with each other, I'd like to change that. What if our heroes and villains not only had to contend with their individual struggles, they also occasionally had to face this group of insufferable adventurers working against what they believe in! I can't believe it, they have an *insert class here* too! Our *insert same class here* is better! Now, the conflicts that they would have would be almost in a style I could compare to a comic book. It would be a fight, but both groups would (likely,) live to fight again another day, of course, at the end of the campaign, we could have a big fight with two level twenty parties going crazy. Brings new meaning to TPK. But this isn't about setting two parties against eachother, it is about their actions inflicting the game that the other group plays, and creating a more living feel to the campaign. I don't know if that makes sense.

About the GameTimes are always changing, and nations are always changing with them. One such nation is Cheliax, once a proud nation, now a proud nation of Infernal subjugation. Some would argue that not much has changed. Things are about to change more- a lot more. Some heroic/upstart paladin decided to start a holy crusade/stupid revolution to reclaim Cheliax from Asmodeus's hold. So the corrupt/glorious queen Abrogail Thrune III sent one of her awful/useful relatives to enforce martial law in Kintargo. To make matters more interesting, you've somehow gotten yourself involved in this. While one group of righteous heroes will fight to free Kintargo and the surrounding lands from Infernal bondage, another group of heroes to others will serve Queen and Country in removing the threat of the Glorious Reclamation. You win some, you loose some. Not if those two groups start waging a long distance war of assassins, threats, and mailed cakes with rude things written on them in icing.

Character CreationNOTE: There will be two different parties that will be able to influence some things that happen to the other one. Direct conflict will not be common, but when it is, it is likely that both parties will survive to nurse a grudge.

Hell's Rebels Hell's Rebels starts in the large city of Kintargo, where the queen has just sent her unpleasant and creepy (even to her!) distant cousin Barzillai Thrune to rule the city and transition it to martial law. You begin your adventure at a public protest because most people in town aren't too thrilled to have a member of House Thrune keeping an eye on them.

Hell's Vengeance Hell's Vengeance starts in the small town of Longrace, where rumors of the Glorious Reclamation have begun to spread. The leadership of the town has yet to take action. You begin your adventure with a local ne'er do good named Cimri when she convinces you to help her raid a tannery for her mysterious employer.

Level 1
Name:
Stat Generation: 20pb.
Race: Any Paizo content, except for drow nobles. If you choose a race not commonly found in or near Cheliax, take care to explain why they are there.
Alignment: Any, but take a good long think on which one of these parties the character is for, because while the party may not discriminate, all of your potential allies will ;p. Neutral characters should be fine for both paths, but you may find your character swaying to good or evil. Note: Rebels is the good aligned party, and Vengeance is the evil aligned party, for those that aren't sure.
Class: Pretty much anything Paizo, unchained classes are used, and summoner must be unchained. Most, if not all, archetypes are allowed.
Appearance: Picture is not required.
Personality:
Background:

Q&ABackground Skills?
Yes.

Can you create a character for both adventure paths?
Yes, but unless we are really short on applicants I will probably only pick one at most.

Can I ask another question.
No. (Just kidding!)

Last edited by jOlly001; 09-22-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
Amarga Amarga
What level would we be starting at?
Old 09-21-2019, 07:58 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1029
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
This seems interesting! I'll think on this.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:48 PM
All the world's a Stage..

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6377
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
jOlly, you are Hilarious!
Old 09-22-2019, 02:36 AM
1)...Nf6

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1824
Caecielien Caecielien Caecielien Caecielien Caecielien Caecielien Caecielien Caecielien Caecielien Caecielien Caecielien
I could will go in for this.

Last edited by Caecielien; 09-23-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Would Path of War be allowed?
Old 09-22-2019, 03:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3916
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Very interesting concept. Kinda love it!
Old 09-22-2019, 05:16 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jOlly001 jOlly001
We are starting at level one, and I will look into Path of War.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by jOlly001 View Post
We are starting at level one, and I will look into Path of War.
Thanks! Another DM of mine did this, if you don't like certain Disciplines (Like she doesnt like Veiled Moon), you can '''ban''' them
Old 09-23-2019, 05:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 462
Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean
Will you be using any feat tax fixes, such as this?
Old 09-25-2019, 07:44 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
I could be up for this. Whenever Chelliax is mentioned I yearn to play a paladin.... or I may resurrect the Inquisitor I played in an aborted Wrath of the Righteous game. Tooo many ideas.

I'd definitely be in the Rebels group. I'll do some mulling.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:44 AM
The Bird of the Hermes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 362
Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul
This seems like a fascinating variation, I'll write up ideas for both sides. Everything is WIP at this point

Last edited by Shadesoul; 09-26-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:48 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
noblestride
This campaign idea looks interesting, and I have wanted to participate in a Hell's Rebels game for some time now. My idea for a character below.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:00 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jOlly001 jOlly001
I will not be using feat taxes.

We've got a few great character concepts so far and I've been brainstorming the first conflict between the parties as well...
Old 09-29-2019, 05:55 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66
WeBeGoblins
This looks fun. I'll try to get an application in tomorrow.