RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-29-2019, 06:27 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8582
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Now this sounds like a hoot.

Name: Martin Greenthorn.
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class: Anti-Paladin (Either Iron Tyrant or Seal Breaker)
Appearance: Standing just over six feet in height and most commonly seen garbed from crown to sole in brilliantly polished armor Martin would cut the dashing figure of the hero if it weren't for his eyes, those eyes haunt all who gaze within them for they know that nothing with a soul gazes back.

When he isnt armored his long blond hair and strong jawline help to further obfuscate his cruel nature with disarmingly attractive features and the voice of a choir boy.

Personality: Martin is a cruel sociopath with all of the hallmarks of a serial killer but in the land of Chelliax serial killer is really just a fancy way of saying politician and Martin is well on his way to a position of prominence. His laugh is infectious and he is insidious in his cruelty, getting all around him to join in his vicious mockery and vile humor. He has trained himself well in the subtle art of verbal manipulation and it's one of the few things he shows joy in doing, the sharp edged smile splitting his face in a rictus grin while he twists the blade ever deeper.

When in combat his personality truly comes to light, much to the sorrow and agony of his victims. The warrior goes out of his way to cause the most pain to his victim before killing them and that same infectious laugh can be heard as he stands triumphant over his prey.

Background:

Last edited by MundayKnight; 09-29-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:39 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Estimated timeline for applications and game start?

Name: Kuath Tangletongue
Race: Tengu
Class: Cleric of Abadar, Defense and Legislation Domains
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance: Kuath is a wide eyed Tengu that stands slightly shorter than the average Cheliaxan human and slightly squatter as well. His face is mirthful and coy, a charcoal beak and ebony feathers surround a mask of red violet and blue feathers that accentuate his golden eyes. The birdman keeps well preened feathers that poke out from underneath his hood and robes, prefering to wear the popular black and red motif of Asmodeus as a show of deference to the lord of Hell but sporting a bright gold key hanging from his neck, his talisman of Abadar. Kuath walks with straight posture and spring in his step, his bare talons tapping lightly along the ground as he makes his way through town on various errands.

Personality: Kuath is a passionate man that seeks purpose and meaning in every one of his days and interactions, believes there is a lesson to be learned in every experience, and that there is value to be found in ever transaction regardless of the outcome. Vocally he supports investment in the establishment and infrastructure of Cheliax and Kintargo by extension, however in private conversation is quite critical of the aristocracy that he must involve himself in as a priest within the nation. Kuath believes that teaching the weak how to find their strength is a necessary responsibility of those with any power, and is scornful of those who repeatedly squander the opportunity to grow. The priest has no love of possession of wealth and is quite generous with what he can spare but acknowledges the power that money holds and will gladly make 'donations' to benefactors in the interest of Cheliax in its entirety. In personal conversations he is quite kindly and empathetic, putting forth effort to hear out the other and seeing their view, for how else can he seek to share his knowledge or learn from them otherwise?

Last edited by Seasons End; 10-03-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:42 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
Amarga Amarga
I'll start prepping an application as well honestly

Name: Hagen Latch
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Investigator (Infiltrator)
Old 09-30-2019, 04:06 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5033
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
I must ask, how EVIL is your evil party to be? I love morally ambiguous campaigns and have made many.. well, metaphorical monsters in my time. My favorite, Doc, is currently exploring the limits of Divinity with Vaerdis so my favorite fleshcrafter won't be making an appearance but I still have other ideas I'd like to toy with. Question is just how far you wish to go? Is this 'I'm a bad guy but I have good reasons for it' like Zuko from Airbender OR 'Saturday morning Cartoons, cackling at the heroes' Evil. Or do you perhaps wish the villains to be TRUE EVIL, like the Joker meets Hanibal Lector meets Putin levels of evil?

Btw Munday, is that the same Paladin from Harlok's time in prison? Maybe I should bring the criminal mastermind out again for a team up

Last edited by taleteller50; 09-30-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:17 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8582
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
No but I was really tempted to pull Thomas Highgrave out of retirement and wipe the cobwebs off him but that fallen paladin would be odd to be serving under someone. This bucko is the irredeemable self serving kind of evil with no greater goal than to live in riches and indulge his every wicked desire. Although if you did whip out Harlock I may have to change my mind.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:19 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1178
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
It's so rare to get the opportunity to play an evil character, that i cant let this one slip by. I've got a couple concepts bouncing around in my brain...I'll have to see which one manages to crawl its way out first.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:18 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66
WeBeGoblins
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanplankton View Post
It's so rare to get the opportunity to play an evil character, that i cant let this one slip by. I've got a couple concepts bouncing around in my brain...I'll have to see which one manages to crawl its way out first.
Right? This is the exact problem I'm having. I'm gonna' post a good guy in a bit just so I can still hopefully get into the game if I can't settle on a villain in time.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:33 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66
WeBeGoblins
Hell's Rebels
left-aligned image
(WIP) Silent, Human Wizard (Spellslinger)

Personality: Silent has earned his nickname honestly; no amount of coaxing can get him to speak, and he seems to respond with only a minimal amount of body language or gesturing when he deems communication necessary. He has a very slight build, which makes him physically weak, the loud noise of his musket has already damaged his hearing and his refusal to converse makes him seem creepy, aloof or full of himself depending on who one asks, but he makes up for these qualities with expert marksmanship and a keen understanding of the arcane, which he combines with deadly force. Silent relies on his actions to speak for him, and in this regard he quickly proves himself to be a steadfast ally to his fellow rebels, a guardian to those who cannot defend themselves, and a fierce enemy against tyranny.

Background: Silent was born Micola Lentullina, and originally hails from Taldor. A quick study with an interest in both magic and technology, the life of the spellslinger was a natural calling for him. Despite his talents, however, he was viciously mocked growing up for a speech impediment, a trend which would continue among his peers as he grew older. Upon striking out from Taldor, Micola decided he would avoid the painful ridicule by simply refusing to speak and proving his worth to the world by deeds alone.

I'll probably add more information at a later date. Just wanted to get something basic put up.

Last edited by WeBeGoblins; 10-01-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5533
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Hell's Vengeance
Emilia Brabant
Character Details
Race: Chelaxian HumanAge:17Class:HarbingerIf Path of War is allowed*Alignment:LE
Physical Description
Emilia, a vexing woman with skin and long hair as white as snow, and with eyes colored like smoldering embers in a fireplace, red and vibrant. She stands at rather average height among humans, yet her apparent ablinism still stands out when compared to others of the same race. Her figure is lithe and graceful, to the point she could be mistaken for an elf if she had the knife-ears or were somewhat prettier. She is dressed entirely in duelist's attire, tall cuffed leather boots, near skin-tight grey chaps and an equally tight blouse with a collar covering much of her neck. She covered her hands with thin, black, silken gloves. Though her attire is designed for movement, she yet armored herself in a black-dyed leather jacket, whereupon her arms are knitted the symol of Asmodeus and on her breast is the heraldry of a white cat, struck through as if cut by a blade, only to be stitched back together.
Personality
There once was a time where Emilia was a bright, cheerful girl made for social graces. Though she was always vain, envious, possessive and sadistic, it was not in the same sense as she is today. She lost some of her touch and noble-inspired talents to indulge in more savage pasttimes. Though she aspires for the day when she can return to the circles of nobility, with all the wealth and status that comes with it.
Background: Emilia Brabant was born to the minor noble House of Brabant. As the only child, she was given much that she desired and more, as she was destined to rule over the house. The only thing she was forced to do, was bend the knee to the Queen and the noble house of Thrune. Her family was not exactly the most trusting of the infernal powers, but they made deals like the rest of the nobility, more to their evident windfall than their own loss. Emilia was given a proper upbringing, both in grammar and training. She had shown a great proficiency with magic, though she had chosen no study of wizardry or put her focuses in sorcery. She instead, with the influence of her friends at the time, had chosen some martial pursuits. Likely, of course, her friend's intention was to hamper someone of lower status, but she became just as proficient with steel as she aught to have been as a sorcerer.

Having grown into her own after years of training and schooling, the head of the house had fallen ill from poison. She took her time and risk into stepping up to become head of the house, having not found the identity of the poisoner after a week's investigation. Though she had no siblings, she had cousins that rose to object. Though their words were easily quashed with a gaze, there was one person that did not withdraw their objections to Emilia being the next Lord/Lady Brabant, was a promising noble son of House Arxvani. She had challenged the Arxvani scion to a duel for her honor and right to take her own inheritance. What happened next, was a rather short bout. Not because either herself or her opponent were unskilled, but Emilia gotten rather lucky. The first strike when she crossed blades with the scion was a deathblow. She killed her opponent in a duel to humiliation. Because of the influence House Arxvani had, it was a simple matter to have Emilia taken into chains and treated by the Order of the Scourge.

After Emilia was released, her mood had darkened from a loss of fortune, loss of status and a loss of clear purpose. She could only strive for some manner of revenge, or of some task that can put her in good graces of the Queen, to restore her own name as a noble.

Last edited by Vaerdis; 10-04-2019 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MundayKnight View Post
No but I was really tempted to pull Thomas Highgrave out of retirement and wipe the cobwebs off him but that fallen paladin would be odd to be serving under someone. This bucko is the irredeemable self serving kind of evil with no greater goal than to live in riches and indulge his every wicked desire. Although if you did whip out Harlock I may have to change my mind.
Time to get the "gang" back together?
Old 10-02-2019, 07:30 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Oh ya, let's totally have the criminal mastermind/beautician team up with the angry paladin again Maybe I can give Thomas a make over this time

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-02-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Oh ya, let's totally have the criminal mastermind/beautician team up with the angry paladin again Maybe I can give Thomas a make over this time
We need a joker-level mastermind behind the antipaladin muscle and the scary slasher lady.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:09 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
I.. could do that. Wouldn't be Harlok but it would still be an interesting build. Just need the GM to finally decide how EVIL he wants his villains
Old 10-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Quote:
Originally Posted by jOlly001 View Post
I will not be using feat taxes.

We've got a few great character concepts so far and I've been brainstorming the first conflict between the parties as well...
When you say you won't be using feat taxes, does that mean you won't be implementing the changes from the site that was linked? Or you won't be keeping the standard feat build with its figurative 'taxing feats'?
Old 10-02-2019, 10:59 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
I.. could do that. Wouldn't be Harlok but it would still be an interesting build. Just need the GM to finally decide how EVIL he wants his villains
Depending on the ruling over villain types or path of war, either we need someone that can orate and bribe or someone that can stabilize victims for more creative purposes.