RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-03-2019, 12:32 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5033
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
I'm thinking a 'Court Bard' as their performances can Debuff others and make them more susceptible to fear effects. Using Comedy for my best 'Joker Laugh' the character can eventually delve into Alchemy for some interesting 'Joker Gas' Bombs. He'll probably be more focused on Intimidation but would still have some skill in Diplomacy and Bluff.

Maybe I should have 'Batman' as a good guy alternative with a Vigilantee/Investigator mix.

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-03-2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:49 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Application

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-04-2019 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:51 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
I'd like a word of advice. Should I base the Villainy build around

OR

Option 1 would be of Elvish heritage but was ostracized because there was Drow blood mixed in to his ancestry while option 2 went insane after she lost her child in a failed operation (ie. the reason for the stomach scar).

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-03-2019 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:10 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5533
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Number 2, I think you need a small break from the drow.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:13 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9971
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Any evil team worth their salt needs a Lex Luthor – someone has to make sure those nefarious do-gooders are seen for the troublemakers they really are! Plus someone has to clean up after the more…Enthusiastically evil members

Name: Sir Evan Alecksos / The Ebon Crow

Race: Dhampir (Heir to Undying Nobility)

Alignment: True Neutral (Social Identity) / Lawful Evil (Vigilante Identity)

Class: Vigilante (Imperial Agent archetype)

Appearance: Always the picture of quiet dignity and nobility that comes with being the product of fine breeding and an upstanding upbringing, Sir Evan Alcksos always appears to be ready to receive guests no matter the hour. Thick black hair is always slicked into a neat parting and never hangs lower than two fingers above his sculpted brows. Light-brown eyes that seem almost golden in certain lights stare out at the world with the casual indifference one who has been shielded from life’s harsher truths can muster. His pale, handsome face is always clean-shaven and often set in a welcoming, laidback smile, and he’s always dressed in the suits and cloaks, preferring black or deep dark blue.

Contrasting his usual identity, the Ebon Crow cares little for maintaining social appearances and more on keeping his identity a secret while bending those involved in his machinations to his will. Face hidden behind a weathered, but malignant-looking crow mask and a rumpled, leather hat. A black leather bodysuit hiding a set of battered armour underneath covers his body and ends in a pair of tough, scuffed boots. A clock bedecked in crow’s feathers is wrapped around his shoulders when he ventures outside.

Personality: WIP

Background:WIP

Last edited by DoubleL1987; 10-03-2019 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8582
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
The antipal can do both!

Also Tale that second looks like a 40K slaneesh cultist, so that one.

Last edited by MundayKnight; 10-03-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:19 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Not enough purple
Old 10-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Unfortunately this is supposed to be a lawful campaign, or I'd suggest we all be modeled after chaos. Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:15 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
And you're the one who made the 'Joker' suggestion to me? How exactly, in any way shape or form, does that lead to a Lawful campaign? Sure, Merry will likely see the other players as he 'children' just to make sure she doesn't kill them outright but she'll still be pretty chaotic.

"Now Chelaxian, no arguing with mother. This is for the best. Stop sassing me young lady before I have you brother Martin hold you down for a spanking. Oh, that's my girl. Now, let's go set fire to that church over there. It'll be a perfect bonding experience"

You created this monster, prepare to live with it Vaerdis

PS. As a reassurance to our GM I do know the difference between Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Stupid and have no plans on being the type of Drama Queen that completely derails the campaign or the enjoyment of the other players but Merry will be quite chaotic in her own right if she is chosen. I'll just make sure any burning buildings or other chaos will still have a way out for the party before I get started.

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-03-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
I suggest Joker because it sounds fun. Though reviews of the AP I recently read had many complaints like there being little reward for playing evil. More like we as a collective group are playing 'the Operative' from Serenity (2005). Essentially people cleaning up messes while making our devil overlords look like the better alternative.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:42 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
I'd say it depends on how you play evil. If all your doing is creating unmitigated chaos then you'll die quick. On the other hand it get's really boring just following the instruction of some other evil; and you end up dead quick as well. There's a reason why shows with a monster of the week growing to giant size tends not to have that monster back next week.

I have a plan to get around this, allowing Merry to be that type who can do that crazy stuff that apparently kills her but showing up again later but that won't be viable until level 9. For now the Mad Jester will want to cause terror and chaos but still smart enough to understand the limits of her mortality, meaning she'll only go complete psycho when she has a plan not to get caught or at least survive the chaos.

As for rewards in general I remind people that EVIL is a reward unto itself, at least in a game. It's cathartic and as long as your GM doesn't plan on punishing you for being evil you will eventually find that enjoyment. Evil characters not having appropriate 'rewards' for their actions usually comes from such limiting GM's which can be true for any character. Have a wonderful political Character with an in depth backstory? Won't mean a thing if the GM is all about combat. Have a mastermind who thinks up complex plans to fool his enemies and win the day? Won't matter if the GM decides to throw stuff into the encounter just to mess with said plan at the last minute.

I once had a GM who seemed to just hate my character because he was all about setting traps and being sneaky. Made me roll stealth for each trap and step I took no matter how far away I was from the enemy. Pretty much guaranteed that I'd roll low eventually and they would only roll perception once. It all depends on how the game is to be run.

That's why I wanted to confirm the GM's ideal of EVIL before building but they are taking their time answering that question. Makes me wonder how well the game will go if they're only posting a paragraph one a week.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 253
Alyfox Alyfox Alyfox
Im potentially interested in applying, as others have noted, not too often you get the opportunity to pull out an evil character. I'd like to see the DMs response to the question on 'what sort of evil campaign', as well though.

I have a few old evil characters Id love to reprise, so I'll start sorting through them..

~Aly
Old 10-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyfox View Post
Im potentially interested in applying, as others have noted, not too often you get the opportunity to pull out an evil character. I'd like to see the DMs response to the question on 'what sort of evil campaign', as well though.

I have a few old evil characters Id love to reprise, so I'll start sorting through them..

~Aly
Looks like the campaign is roughly 'lawful evil' in service of an Empire where the church of asmodeus has a tight grip on everything. Cheliax is an interesting place in that only one Lord of Hell is worshipped (Asmodeus) and gods of chaos and all the other demons and devil's are not to be worshipped. Open worship of the good gods is allowed however everything and everyone must pay at least lip service to Asmodeus.

Bribes are legal and there is etiquette involved when dealing with officials and military, aristocracy always takes its due, and one off the highest ideals of every citizen is acquiring power, as it was even before devil worship became the norm in the country.

As for the questing itself? Sounds like you'll play along side the thought police, finding and crushing dissenters.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Hell's Rebels
Name: Willow the worthless wizard AKA Weeping Willow

Race: Human Male

Class: Wizard Illusionist

Appearance: I am a disheveled forty year old gentlemen with a unkempt beard, shabby robes, unwashed teeth, and I don’t bathe too often, so I’m often covered in dirt. My hair hasn’t been cut in some time, and my clothes need washing. i stand at five foot eight inches, though my posture makes me look shorter. i weigh two hundred and twenty pounds, though very little of that is muscle. You can usually find me with a bottle or a flask in my hand.

Personality: I am a very gloomy and depressed downtrodden individual with low self-esteem. I always expect the worst and I am rarely disappointed. My failures weigh heavily on my and I try to drink my despair away which is where I spend most of my gold. I am not judgmental of others, because who am I to judge, so I can tolerate a lot of questionable behavior from others. Despite all of this, I keep trying and never give up. I have a very curious mind and a thirst for knowledge and a love for magic. I am a people pleaser, some would say doormat, and when i let my friends down I feel incredibly guilty.

Backstory: Willow was born to a merchant in Kintargo. One day a spell book came into their position and Willow saw it as an opportunity to become a wizard and make something of himself. He studied it for over a month to learn a single cantrip, and after showing his parents, they agreed to send him to a wizard college.

Unfortunately things did not go well for Willow. He was the slowest student in the college, constantly bumbled things. He was endlessly teased, both by his fellow students and his impatient instructors. His parents both passed away during the decades he spent studying, and he ran out of money. No longer able to afford tuition, he was kicked out and left destitute. With nowhere else to go, he turned to begging and doing parlor tricks for money. Life wasn't easy for one such as he in the oppressive environment of Cheliax, but the arrival of Barzillai Thrun and the enforcement of martial law has made it all but impossible. with nothing to lose, Willow fights against the system in the hope of making the city a better place to live.

RP Sample: Willow focused his mind. His right hand waved through the air tracing an arcane pattern while his left held rose petals pinched between his fingers. He spoke softly spoke the words he’d practiced with conviction. A younger man stood across from him ten feet away, arms crossed and a smirk slanted across his face. Willow finished the words of the spell as he finished tracing the pattern. The rose petals were consumed in a small blue flame, and the spell was complete. The man seemed unaffected. Then he let out a yawn, but started laughing. “You know, Weeping Willow, watching you take so long to cast a sleep spell made me drowsier than your magic,” The man said, and the rest of the class that had been watching erupted into laughter.

Willow looked about in distress. He didn't understand what he'd done wrong. He'd done the research, said the words right, and used the materials. Why didn't it work? As his fellow wizards continued their mocking laughter, Willow's wounded pride made him speak up. "Let's see you cast it then, Joram, if you're so great!" Willow regretted his words as soon as they left his mouth. Joram was the top of his class. Joram pulled out a pinch of sand, and cast the spell in half the time it had taken Willow. When Willow woke up, he was outside in the pond, and naked.

Last edited by Togot; 10-06-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
I hope you return jolly!