twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 10:11 PM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11365
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
I think those look ok? I hadn't considered it before you asked, so I guess the answer is "if you want me to, sure."
Old 10-06-2019, 12:58 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 557
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
I just ask because it gives someone a reason to actually have anything besides thieves tools. Being able to make a map with cartographer tools might help when navigating a town or woodcarvers tools for repairing a broken Brume.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:17 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
I agree. Those rules seem like all upside to me.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3342
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
+1 to the conversation so far about Artificers. I think a rifle with Heavy crossbow mechanics is great. As well, I really like the use of Xanthar's rules on tools, they do make an artificer more versatile.

BTW, my plans for Pack (should he be selected) are to focus more on being a support character than a 'blaster'. He is going to take Forger's Tools with an eye to eventually becoming an 'archivist' artificer.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:14 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
one week in Westport

We're a week from apps closing! So far we have exactly four finished apps and four unfinished apps.

I have been impressed with the quality and coherence of the applications. I feel like we're on target for the mood I was aiming at, which is honestly quite a relief, and more than a little exciting.

We'll see what another week brings!
Old 10-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2932
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
right-aligned image
Name: Gabriel VerTruce

Hook (Detective): Gabriel was the the heir to a lesser known noble house, long bereft of all assets. Unfortunately, his single goal in life had been to attend the College of Sorcery. Despite his unilateral acceptance, he was unable to afford the cost of attendance. Undeterred, Gabriel took a loan from Johnny Kinkade, the unscrupulous leader of the Kinkade boys. With his money in hand, he began his tenure as a student at the College.

A few years passed and Gabriel had all but forgotten about the money he had borrowed. Kinkade has not. His boys came calling one night and beat him senseless for not repaying on time. They gave him until the following night to come up with the money or they would be back to finish what they started.

Having no where else to turn, he approached a family friend, Donovan Damascus, that was still very well off and relayed his tale. Donovan offered to pay his debts in return for a single act, he was to track down how a political rival of his was suddenly becoming flush with a newfound surge of money.

Gabriel completed the job that very day and never looked back.

Character Concept: Gabriel has always been attracted to the mysterious and unknown. What he did not realize was how much we would like to be the one solving the mysteries instead of just reading about them. Using the skills he has learned at the College of Sorcery and his connection in both the underworld of Westport and the noble houses, Gabriel has established himself as a reliable resource for finding answers that would prefer to remain hidden.

Description: Gabriel stands nearly six feet tall and has short dark hair. His arcane studies, in conjunction with his chosen profession, usually leave him traveling with an assortment of pouches and cases carrying all manner of tools and devices. Although he grew up wealthy, he spent much of his adolescence living without it. As such, he likes wearing fine clothes, but these often do not last long and are often in various states of disrepair.

Old 10-07-2019, 03:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2435
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Application, human barbarian
right-aligned image
Name: Mouse

Hook: Adventurer. The Guild is the biggest con in town, but what choice do we have? They take a cut of everythin’, every copper piece has to be marked and shared out. But tryna work without them knowin’? That’s jus’ stupid. It don’t matter how good you think you are, you can’t fight everybody. So we pay our dues and we take whatever they leave us. And we’re happy, ‘cos it’s much more than we coulda got ourselves. Bleeve me, I been a paid up member for about four years now, I know what’s what. I was just a kid when I started out, just doing the lowest, worst payin’ jobs. But now, see, I’m startin’ to make a name for myself. Gettin’ a rep! Soon the big jobs will be rollin’ in and then... easy street.

Concept: Human Barbarian. Mouse is a pretty average guy, really. He just wants what any guy wants; a good drink, a bad girl, and an ugly fight. He grew up on the streets and was always the smallest guy in the gang, hence the name, so he learned that he had to be twice as ferocious as anyone else. He had to use anything he could get his hands on and every dirty trick to win the fight. Because if you lose once, just once, that’s it, then you’re their bitch. Respect is everything on the streets of Westport. He may not be as smooth as some of the players around here, but sometimes you just need to hit something until it stops moving. And everybody, no matter how slick, sometimes needs a good distraction.

Description: Mouse has only really started to grow into his frame in the last few years. He had always been small and scrawny, but since he joined the ARC and has been able to feed himself a bit more consistently he’s put on some pounds, mostly in muscle. He’s still short, there’s not much he can do about that, and he’s very touchy about it.

His tattoos are the only really ostentatious outlet for him, since he isn’t really into grooming or clothes, so he makes sure that a little of the money from each job he does goes towards getting some new ones. He prefers abstract geometric designs, mostly because he can never decide on what kind of animal would look the most badass once he’s in the chair.

Last edited by Lazer; 10-07-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:19 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3347
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Lazer, your app makes me think that Darius and Mouse totally know each other from their street kid days hahah

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 10-07-2019, 09:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7256
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application - Eri Findiser
right-aligned image
Plot Hook: Adventurer. The ARC offers Eri the best of all worlds. She's lucky enough to have a modest stipend to live on, thanks to the foresight of her late father and the lenity of her eldest brother. The contracts the guild occasionally offer Eryen provide her some adventures and a bit of extra cash, as well as a legitimate reason to remain in Westport. It's been a comfortable, anonymous home base for the ranger for the last four or so years. The freedom and resources of Westport allow Eri to pursue her main interest, seeking out and cataloguing lore and evidence of portals to other realms of existence - the Findiser family's raison d'etre for generations upon generation.

Concept: The extraneous scion. The youngest child (by decades) of an elderly knight and his fifth wife, Eri grew up absently doted upon and distantly adored. Despite inheriting her family's significant gifts, the dozens of heirs senior to her made it necessary for her to seek her own path in the world. She is a versatile fighter at her best when squared up directly against an enemy, but also adept at pelting her foes with arrows from afar. With a no-nonsense, task-oriented personality, Eri very much sees herself as a defender of humankind. Her particular interest, one that borders on obsession, are the myriad planes which abut and occasionally intrude upon our own.

Description: Eryen stands out in a crowd. In a world where hunger and deprivation are far too common, those who have missed few meals and have always enjoyed reasonable shelter from the elements and respite from grueling work simply look different from the rest. Add to that uncommon height and long, thick golden hair, and one has an individual who is hard to miss - always both blessing and curse.

Last edited by Berith; 10-13-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2435
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Lazer, your app makes me think that Darius and Mouse totally know each other from their street kid days hahah
Oh definitely. I can see Mouse looking up to Darius as this shining example of local-boy-made-good.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:35 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
So many great apps. I am already having decision paralysis and I don't even have to decide yet.

I would encourage all applicants to have a look at the applications chart to ensure that I have things up to date.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Lexiconjurer
Wow! This looks very intriguing! I would love to get involved in this so I'll try to whip up an application soon.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16498
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Oh, for the sake of your chart's completion, I'm aiming for bard.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3347
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Nice to see ya again, PopCulture!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 10-09-2019, 07:17 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
Of course, bard! I knew that and just slipped it when I was making the chart.