Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2943
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Name: Jigjag
Race: Shobhad
Class: MageKnight
Magic Talents: Spheres (Alteration,Telekinesis) Talent (Plant Transformation)
Casting Tradition: Divine Caster (Focus casting - horsechopper), (Easy Focus)
General Drawbacks: Magical Sign (skin - white patches glow), Nature Warden
Traits: Sky Dancer (Equipment), Minor Bioluminescence (Racial)
Feat: Strengthened Arms
Ship Role: Pilot and builder

descriptionHis voice is gnarled and unwelcoming as it barrels out of a wide mouth with medium sized lips that sit below a thin nose with wide nostrils. He has a triangular shaped face with a wide forehead, strong cheekbones attached to a chiseled smooth jaw ending in a pointed chin. He has short unkempt raven black hair that rest above his almond shaped eyes with brownish orange pupils.

His stone gray skin is marbled with white patches that can shine with a candle like luminescence when desired or when using magic. He had a tall lean body that is protected by a variety of armor pieces. His chest and back are protected by a cuirass that is formed from palm sized hexagon plates of stone, horn and bone attached to each other by small thick cord and sewn to a layer of thick hide leather. His shoulders, arms, back of hands, thighs and shins are similarly protected by separate pieces of armor made with smaller sized plates. Separating his skin from the armor are undergarments matching his reddish brown cloak.

On his forearms and thighs are sheaths containing wooden and iron spikes. His gait has an ambling rhythm with his lower arms swinging behind him that helps keep his body in balance. In his upper right hand he often holds his long polearm that ends in an enlarged hook that rested opposite of a blade. In battle his lower right hand combined with his upper is used to control the horsechopper. In his upper left hand he holds a well used shield. On his hip is a large belt that supports multiple pouches full of bullets and their sister, a long rifle, peeks over his left shoulder. Quick release straps of his harness, reachable by his lower left hand, run from his back over his shoulders and under his arms supporting a backpack loaded with supplies and equipment.

BackgroundSkyriders were everything to his family. So much so that as a toddler Jigjag began his combat training along with learning how to build and pilot gliders. His first trial as a young adult was to build a skyrider of his own. Jigjag worked day and night. It was an elaborate hang glider with a sled capable of supporting him, cargo and a passenger or two. His success gave him some freedom and the wind and mountains became his to explore.

Combat training was still a priority and he did not stray from it. His second trial, called the Test of the Mountain, involved reaching the Peak of Ka. Jigjag was prepared physically, mentally and spiritually. He packed his bag and equipment; individually selecting what he would need. He set off in high spirits. He found that it was a gruelling test but he was well trained and used his skyrider with great skill.

Everything changed for him when he reached the peak. A mystic glow radiated out of the white patches on his skin. Jigjag was troubled at first but soon found he was able to turn the glow off and on. Strange abilities soon manifested. He found he could adjust his eyes to see farther or to see in the dark. He could alter appearance to look like another. He found he could grow horns or lengthen his teeth. Adjust his hands to have claws or pinchers.

He was shocked the next morning when he shifted his form into some odd plant creature. It was a subconscious shift and he didn’t realize it until he glanced down at his upper right forearm. His concentration dropped and he reverted back. He also learned his limitations; outside of the plant creature he could only adjust two things on his body.

It was during a time of rest next to a campfire when he discovered he could lift small objects with his mind and control them as far away as he could accurately throw a rock. He played around with this ability finding the heaviest item he was able to lift was his dagger.

The frustrating aspect of it all, when he used this strange magic, the mystic glow from the white areas of his skin would not be denied. Try as he might he could not dim it when he used this magic. This consumed his thoughts as he left the peak to head back down. The magic would not be hidden.

A few days later, after his return, as things settled, Jigjag thoughts shifted. He still held faith in his tribes morals and traditions but he now refused to be limited by them. This change caused a rift. One that could not be filled. A few moons later Jigjag basically raced, on foot and by skyrider, away from his tribe. His only wealth was his skills and the few personal items; his horsechopper, his long rifle, his pack and his skyrider.

Jigjag had made a few connections, non-shobhads, from his family skyrider business. He headed towards Maro hopeful that he could meet up with one of them and get a job. A few days after arriving into the city Jigjag was desperate. He had one last name on his list and information on where he could be found. A human who went by the name of Antor. Antor Hemmin.

Last edited by Kshnik; 10-09-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Finished my application. I would love some feedback, and if theres anything you dont see from the character or want expanded I would love to write some more.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
Amarga Amarga
ditto
Old 10-08-2019, 10:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5068
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Adoramus Te
Name: Adoramus Te
Race: Tiefling (Deceiver and Traitorous Taint alternate racial features)
Class: Incanter (Mage) (Inherent Divinity tradition, modified by being a Mage)
Ship Role: Artillery, Navigation

Appearance: Medium height, but with a small and lithe frame, small horns an inch or so in length jut from his forehead.

Personality: Bold and purposeful publicly, perhaps too much as he can be abrasive. But has his doubts and worries and seeks approval when he's with those he trusts.

Motivation: To travel the world, learn from different mages and master what they have to teach.

Last edited by ShadowcatX; 10-13-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 93
OsirisRising
Everyone:
Antor Hemmin, a 6-foot-tall, skinny spike of a man is the owner of the ship. He was recruiting crew for the ship near Maro, but most people seemed to avoid him. Why did you not? He looks weird a bit, an elderly man rather obsessed with keeping the ship afloat, and offered 90% of all profits made, but otherwise seems a good-willed guy.
I'd like you all to add how and why your PCs joined this strange fellow's crew.

@Amarga
Nice motivation, especially the food-chain magnet A very important role on a ship, can make everybody's day (and motivation).

@mobby
Old but solid motivation, easy to hook the PC and send him on crazy quests to all corners of the world. I hope to see more of his personality during the story.

@mightymconeshot
Is there a shorter name we can address you?
Everything is fine and detailed, really life-like PC.

@danab
I'm eager to see the end of Joscelyn's background story.

@ShadowcatX
I'll think about your idea and see what I'm willing to incorporate in the game. Anyway, intriguing story, even if it turns out to be only partially true.

@Seasons End
And I learned a new word from Salazar's description.

@Kshnik
Interesting character by the looks, I'm looking forward to the background.

no more feedback incoming... but you can always ask

Last edited by OsirisRising; 10-08-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Looks like no one has asked about firearms? I'd like to throw in a human survivalist with a shotgun-style weapon. Wonder if you'd permit me a battered firearm without being a gunslinger?

Also, background skills or no?
Old 10-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OsirisRising
@AlphaZ
I mentioned firearms and they are not just ok, but well-suited to this planet.

No background skills in this game.

Last edited by OsirisRising; 10-08-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ah okay, I should have read more carefully. Primitive I assume? I was wanting to play a Ranger (Apex Predator) and would like to start with some kind of long gun if able.

Also, what animal companions or favored enemies might be suitable for this world?

Last edited by AlphaZ; 10-08-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OsirisRising
Apex Predator is fine. And you can start with a longarm. A desert hunter gunslinger. I know not as a class, but still.

Scorpion, rat, lizart, drake, snake, vulture, jackal (use wolf), for example, or if you have ideas, ask.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:48 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

ApplicationName: Regan Fare
Race: Human
Class: Ranger (Apex Predator)
Role: Ranged Damage, Survival, Healing
Motivation: Survival
Description: Of average height and covered from head to toe with sashes and armor, it's hard to point out anything overly distinct about Regan on the surface; perhaps only that he looks like a hunter. His weapon hangs heavy on his back, a sturdy and linen-wrapped shooter with obvious wear. Within his garments are a dozen tools and knick-knacks that he uses in his travels, most with mysterious carvings or inscrutable functions. Yet beneath all this lies a pale skin not seen much among the humanlike Akitonians.

He's quiet and keeps to himself when not directly working with companions. He seems to always be looking for something, on some sort of quest perhaps, or at very least staying vigilant for what may lie just over the horizon. It's easy to get the impression he knows something he's not sharing, but besides that there's nothing untrustworthy about the man at all; He speaks plainly and doesn't care much for lies or embellishment. At his core he is a paragon of simple pragmatism.

Background: Waking up hungry in the slums of Arl is tough for a kid, but it's even tougher when it's the first thing you remember. Equipped with nothing but a simple outfit, Regan struggled to scratch out a living one day at a time. But "different" draws attention, and in the slums, attention is bad. Through salvaging and a little stealing, Regan put together some meager supplies and headed for the wastes beyond the city. He's traveled all over since then, as far as the roads would take him and often a little further. But without a place to call home and driven onward by bad memories of what lay behind, he stays on the move and continues his everlasting journey towards tomorrow.

Involvement: Regan has picked up a lot since he left Arl in the way of both skills and equipment. However, there's still much of the world to see and plenty of money to be made. Fortune favors the rich as they say. Finding employ with a merchant caravan was his first choice, but such tended to be slow, unambitious, and already well staffed. Finding a ship in need of crew was perhaps good fortune, and the man Antor offered a good cut, though there was something strange about the whole thing. Then again, Regan almost felt more comfortable in the company of strangeness. After a few moments of quiet hesitation, he resigned himself to this future and signed on.

Last edited by AlphaZ; 10-09-2019 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2943
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Updated my application. Being new to spheres I started out with one thought, read some more, changed my mind, read some more, changed mind again. Rinse and repeat. So many things I want to try.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9653
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Mighty is what most people use. But anything so I know it is me you are talking to.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:30 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Salazar has met Antor
Old 10-09-2019, 12:39 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OsirisRising
So, what now? We seem to have a solid base of players, but how do I get a game folder?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:53 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
mobby
Georgie has met Antor !!! it's edited into my initial post.