RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 04:44 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3648
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
@Kaiya

SoP is fine, see my comment regarding Path of War earlier.

Stat Gen will be 25 point buy.

Business as Usual, Posting Normal
Old 10-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11409
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
The game sure sounds interesting. I'll consider throwing a char into the ring.

Old 10-05-2019, 10:23 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5533
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
That style of background work, @Alphaeus?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I'm interested, and importantly I should be able to easily keep up with the posting rate. I being told to throw out what I know about parallel dimensions. Anyway, I'll post interest.

I'll probably come up with a spheres of power full caster. I read a reddit post about it and that would be cool, thinking of trying out some teleportation themes to displace parts of my enemies and such. Not sure if that's possible though, I'll read through it a bit more but I'm definitely hyped.

EDIT: I think I've settled on a race: Android, but I wonder do I need to ask permission to reflavour the android race? Specifically I was thinking of playing an android forged as an amalgamation of genetically modified micro-organisms and metal. I'm also thinking of the micro-organisms having developed a hive mind to counter/limit the capacities of the original A.I.

Yes, I think I want to play the love-child of a time machine and a toenail infection.
Not something I thought I'd say today, but at least it fits in the signature!

Last edited by Sirviantis; 10-06-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6442
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Definitely interested. I was saddened to see Doors was inactive when I came back to RPGX. I was thinking of trying a character out of my normal sphere of interest. I think you know that I normally like to play psions. I was considering a Pyschic Warrior (weapons master path) - Telekenetic weapons master. As for race, I'm torn between Ophiduan and Xeph. I will have to percolate on the ideas for a bit but I'll get to work on everything very soon.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:06 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
@Seasons End

Interesting Concept! I presume it is still WIP -- you have some great pieces but I'll need a lot more to develop a good grasp of this character.

@Vaer

Background totally works. One problem -- you say they were born in the mid-nineties but then say they were moved to the Illuminati children's home in the early eighties.

@Dirk

Good to see Tobias raising his head again!

@Blue

Definitely tag me with any concepts you have for rebrewing the classes a bit to achieve a particular concept.

@Blackfyre

I'm down with this! Also, I'd personally add a +4 charisma..."Adorable (Su)" :P

@Sirviantis

1) "Not sure if that is possible" is NOT a thing in my games. We'll make it possible ;}
2) Shoot for the moon. Reflavor away. Once you have reflavored, we can also see if any rebrewing would be in order to fit logically with the new race.

@Ricktur

You're back! I'm sure you can tell this pulls the baseline concept from Doors, just with a good repolish. I look forward to your character.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Everyone

I'm not posting a max party number for a reason. I currently run a 2 person game...and have run massive games IRL (as well as some dead ones on this site). The size depends on player dynamics, applications I like, etc.

Old 10-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Yes as my application currently stands I have only a rough half of the background, none of the personality, none of the appearance set in stone. It was only at the very end of writing Calcifurs journey that I found out where Sophie lived. I hope you don't read too much as of yet, some changes need to be made, possibly even the names. Sophie and Calcifur are the names of two characters in Howls moving Castle, and the world Sophie lives in is an established setting by the author Ursula K. LeGuin called Earthsea. I've got a decent amount of brushing up to do on my lore so I don't make any massive contradictions.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:48 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5533
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Fixed, was indecisive on making Yuski an eighties or nineties kid. Now I have an excuse to give her a cellphone and music player.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:36 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58746
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
Fixed, was indecisive on making Yuski an eighties or nineties kid. Now I have an excuse to give her a cellphone and music player.
A walkman is tons better...

@Alpaeus: I figure I could reflavor the rogue/skald into a Magus... a class I have been trying to play (unsuccessfully) for a bit. Hopefully, he fits into your world idea, and I can try him out.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Am I so gen: whatever that I think a smartphone is the best thing we've had so far? I mean it's the collective of human knowledge in your back pocket.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Yall need to skip forward to the year 2312 when things seem just as different as they've always been and are exactly the same as they'll ever be.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:41 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5
Imoen
Definitely interested ! I have a dhampir combatant originally created for an Eberron setting, glad to see a campaign like this with a nice posting rate ))

Amelyssan
Race: Dhampir
Class: Warlord 12, archetype steelfist commando
Alignment: LE

Background:

Amelyssan heirs from the world of Eberron, in the war stricken kingdom of Karrnath.

Born from an experiment involving vampiric taint, and raised by Emerald Claw veterans, she became part of a cell of Karrnathi patriots serving in regions where the order was still popular despite being ruled out by the throne.

Her home was the battlefield of Cyre, her family the dhampir squad of the same life path as her. Her vessel, a colossus at crossroads between a golem and a vampire, the Nosferatus constructs she and her troops were designed to pilot.

All this was sacrificed on the day of the treaty between the kingdoms for the sake of peace and prosperity, eleven yeqrs ago. Her brethren who died, many their bloodlust brutally stopped by such an impossible event as the Day of the Mourning, would not have their memories honored. She and her squad who still lived would become…reservists, doomed to err in an arid arena void of blood and ungratefully abandoned by its audience.
Their mind sick from the deprivation, they became subject to feverish visions of battlefields accros many places unknown, some of which with unknown races and ecologies. At the nexus of it was the Strife Seer, they did not know who or what it was, only that it linked all such places in an infinite, glorious carnage.

In the quest of such vision, some of the remaining dhampirs became mercenaries erring from battlefield to battlefield, other randomly rampaging assassins, others joined the Emerald Claw or Karrnathi army, seeking to spawn more wars. Amelyssan went to the search of other warlords across Eberron to find more clues on her premonition, in the process learning secret arts from many martial artists. Before killing them. This eleven years long path led her back to the wasteland of Cyre, and there between her and the cliff where were buried many of her former squadron, waited one of the survivors from her kin. In the surroundings, spanning a kilometer, countless corpses and destroyed constructs from the Karrnath forces and Emerald Claw alike. From the burning skies beyond came flying scavengers, vultures made from sewn body parts hungry for pain.

It was only after the corpses were denuded from their flesh that both rivals fell, Byron ravaged by the flames of the Black Seraph and Amelyssan damned from the shadow wounds of the Cursed Razor. Living her last moments, she took the obsidian engraving her adversary had kept and added it to the many in her necklace, then waited her death among the graves of her comrades, filled by rage and sorrow that she would not honor their will in the end. Attracted to this aura, the scavengers approached her agonizing form, licking with human tongues her bleeding soul. Yes, it was such a twisted mix of virtue, power and perdition which could span a balance of eternal carnage and pain across dimensions.

The scavengers flew back to the cursed skies, their delight echoing in the wasteland. Soon the last crimson light started to quit the warlord’s eyes, eclipsed in the horizon by an approaching ship of flesh and bones entwined.
The Strife Seer, which answered only to the winds of War, had found its champion.

Appearance:

Amelyssan appears as a fair skinned, lithe human woman in her mid to late twenties, with only slight dark streaks among her red hair and icy blue iris which may betray her eerie heritage. her lips hide slightly elongated canines, and dry muscles chisel all her body when tense.

She wears a sober and efficient assassin's gear made of a short crossbow strapped across her back and a dagger, which she uses to complement her unarmed fighting style when distance and stealth are the only viable option, or when she wants to hide the ominous power which transpires from her martial arts. Underneath her armor, she wears a body wrap on her chest with cursed writings over them, as well as a necklace made of many obsidian engravings, both items enhancing the blows of her limbs with unholy might. Tatoos cover her arms, one depicting a corpselike undead and the other an ethereal wraith. On her lower back is also inked the symmetrical shape of a bat-like dragon, wings spread over thorns and twin bone petaled roses opening in drooling teeth and tongues over her buttcheeks.

Personnality:

Finding her true purpose in the heart of battle, Amelyssan holds herself in high regard for her twisted sense of honor and glory. She is remorseless in leaving behind her path destroyed homes and heartbroken families or friends, as long as the massacre provided a worthy fight.
She is measured and meditative in non hostile circumstances, able of suppressing her aura enough to be an inspiring orator or an endearing companion depending on the situation.

Yet once in kombat, her fighting style radiates a dreadful violence and cruelty, always finishing her adversaries with gruesome blows and most spectacular executions for select opponents. In the battlefield, she is a galvanizing and cunning commander leading strikes at the heart of the enemy without losing soldiers

Last edited by Imoen; 10-15-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:44 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8582
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
So I have this idea for a character that I have wanted to play forever...

Thoughts on playing a cyber themed druid? All his "magic" is complex nanobot configurations and actions, reason not to have metal armor is because it interferes with the wavelength that a neural transmitter puts out to direct the nanobots. Commune magics are nanobots creating their best interpretation from gathered evidence in the area. Etc etc.

[Fieldset=Professor Addicus Parting]Age: 32
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Class: Skinshaper Druid

Appearance : From the Statin Tech employee file for Doctor Addicus Parting:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 185 lbs.
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black
SSN: 555-55-5555
Blood type: O-.
Personality type: Logician.
Department: Nanotech R&D coordinator
Latest Employee evaluation score 95%.

Background: Born in the golden age of technology Addicus was a bit of an oddball, where most of his peers were studying mathematics and engineering for their career path Addicus studied the complex interactions of nature through history. He graduated top of his class from secondary education at the age of seventeen but he wasn't the smartest student, in truth he was likely in the bottom half, but he studied harder and longer than his peers which drew the eye of Statin Tech's talent scouts. Getting a low level job in Statin Tech's nanotech department was the true start of the young man's life.

Last edited by MundayKnight; 10-08-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:46 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 467
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
New idea: Are Akashic characters allowed? I have the urge to play a socially awkward Eclipse.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:30 AM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Akashic characters are allowed on a case by case basic. Feel free to apply, but also read up on the Universe info regarding Origenes, Those Who Are, and Akasha in this universe.