RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 05:48 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9971
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
He’s a hot-blooded, reckless martial artist!

She’s a Tsundere giant battle robot!

Together they…Well, got blown up defending their city, but damn if they didn’t look cool doing it!

Rokuro “Rock” Kazama
left-aligned image
”I never let a plan get in the way of doing the right thing!”

Name: Rokuro “Rock” Kazama (Not that he’d ever let anyone use his given name)

Race: Human

Class: Brawler 4 / Helmsman using Wisdom for his abilities in place of IntelligenceMecha Savant 8

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance:”Intimidating” is likely the first word that enters most people’s minds when they see Rock, standing well over 6”4 and towering over most people, and this is before adding the muscled upper torso, well-defined musculature rippling from a corded neck down strong arms and a tough barreled chest that is easily-visible through the various faded shirts, most dotted with patchwork repairs, stretched over his torso. A pair of similarly-patched blue jeans bearing several chains hanging from the pockets are wrapped around the fighter’s strong legs that end in steel-toed black boots. A black leather coat is always thrown over his shoulders regardless of the weather, and unlike Rock’s shirts, this coat seems to be in an immaculate condition and very well-taken-care-of, though on closer inspection, it is obvious why Rock uses it as a makeshift cape rather than wearing it – the coat is significantly smaller than the martial artist, as if sized for a completely different person. On the back of the coat is a simple graphic of a large shield imposed in front of a skyline with a singular phrase below it: ”Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.”

His flyaway black hair is usually left free to look as if he had just exited a wind tunnel, hanging low over his forehead but pushed back with a plain black headband when he prepares himself for a battle. Bright green eyes, alive and eager for any challenge peer out from a tanned, and to be frank, thuggish face, unmarked except for a single long scar running from behind his ear down to his collarbone. Rock has a very expressive face and even when he tries to lie, his face will give him away, from an eager grin at a strong opponent to a bored roll of his eyes at…Well, most other things that don’t involve fighting.

Personality: People who know Rock will generally describe him in one of two ways. Those with more fond feelings towards the fighter will say he is “Very enthusiastic” while those less-inclined will just say he’s as dumb as a sack of hammers and equally as dangerous. Both views are true to a certain extend. While Rock is certainly lacking in the smarts department, no-one is more aware of this than he is and so he’s dedicated himself to what he can do well (ie. Punching) and does so with hot-blooded aplomb. A loud, brash and excitable young man, he nonetheless has a very good heart and despite looking like a delinquent is much more likely to be found helping an old lady cross the street albeit with death glares at each approaching car to ensure that they stop. As a martial artist, he relishes the idea of a strong opponent to test himself against and once a battle is joined, he’s likely to lose himself in the rush of adrenaline and fight until only one man is left standing. Rock also rarely plans anything, or waits for others to plan for him, rather rushing headlong into battle without a pause or care.

Background: WIP

AEGIS – Akasha Enhanced Golem Interceptor System
right-aligned image
”I’m the finest weapon invented, the perfect fusion of magic and machine…And I’m bonded with a pilot who has a brain the size of a walnut.”

Name: AEGIS (Akasha Enhanced Golem Interceptor System) – Aegy to Rock.

Race: Mecha

Class: Large-sized Bipedal mech companion

Alignment: Neutral Good (Pretends to be True Neutral)

Appearance: Standing a good 18 feet tall, the AEGIS mecha is quite an awe-inspiring sight. A sturdy chassis that had once upon a time been sleek silver has now been painted in blue, red and black highlights, though the armour appears to have been removed around the elbow and knee joints to increase mobility. The head armour resembles a knight’s visor, and is painted in the same blue and red tint, with the “visor” pulled up to show off pair of electric-blue eyes.

Personality: AEGIS is, as expected of an artificial intelligence, a being of logic first and foremost, considering each option available to her and then executing the one that provides the greatest utilitarian benefit. Which ultimately means that her partner is the worst-possible thing that has ever happened to any electronic lifeform. The pair often bicker and on more than one occasion she’s deployed the pilot defibrilator system in a more…Creative manner than it was originally intended for. That being said, behind the cold emotionless exterior of picking the option that is ultimately for the “greater good” regardless of how many lives must be saved, AEGIS does relent suspiciously-often in her arguments with Rock over his harebrained eagerness to save everyone possible (afterall, she could just decide to not function) the greatest example being the incident that brought them both to the Gatehouse and Rock streadfastly believes he’s found a kindred soul in the robot, no matter how much she might deny it.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
@Alph I wonder, since you seem to be going for an adventure across multiple planes and the layers between them, would a character themed around the manipulation of spacetime be super inappropriate or just the opposite? Or would it not matter at all?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:36 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5033
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@Sirviantis: My TT area has no links. Template is only underlined inside to show where those bonuses came from. The actual link to the template is outside the TT area.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:03 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3648
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
@TaleTeller
I treat templates as class levels generally. Occasionally I'll feel that a template is over/under leveled and then adjust the values accordingly. Your selected one is just fine.

@Kaiya
Your concept is excellent, just make sure you are able to build a full character with depth out of it. Otherwise, go ahead!

@Taleteller
Mechs of all sorts are fine. I'll check over the rules used, but most of those are actually fairly balanced. Most D20pfsrd material will likely get my OK...I don't do a universal allowance simply because there are a few borked things in there.

@Sarsprilla
Fascinating character, I'll do a full review eventually. At this point, I would recommend the use of spoilers {spoilerbutton=Text}Text{/spoilerbutton} ... (replace "{ }" with "[ ]"). Makes sorting through my thread a bit easier for me and others.

@Sirviantis AND Taleteller
Thanks for the chart :P

@Sirviantis
Depends on what you do/how you do it. I can say that such powers are always useful, but I will say that your primary tool for that is The Gatehouse itself. What you're talking about, however, is going to be much more small-scale and therefore could remain relevant.

Business as Usual, Posting Normal
Old 10-08-2019, 06:04 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58746
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
So, I need to add some steampunk to my inventory, and call it magic?

That could be... interesting for me. It might be fun.

If Alphaeus is up to it, it could be fun to reflavor a few things... instead of a scimitar, have a cane-sword (same stats, just more flavor). And a magic bumbershoot, instead of a shield. Spats of translocation. Cravat of protection. Monocle of true seeing.

Hmmmm
Old 10-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1104
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
My bad it is excessively long isn't it? Just fixed it up.

A review would be most appreciated

Last edited by Sarsprilla; 10-08-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:32 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Monad
This looks like a rather lovely campaign, all in all- would you be averse to considering a site newcomer's application? (I'm sure I can write something up alongside my application to provide a sample of my writing style.)

...and, if the awnser to that is "yes", would you mind briefly going over what Psionics mean in this setting? Perhaps I'm just daft, but I didn't see anything on Psionics in the brief rundown of the other forms of magic. Or, if it's up to us to define....well, that's even better. Just seemed prudent to ask, since Dreamscarred press is already on the cards.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
@Monad: You'll need the Alphaeus' oppinion on this, though rest assured that I've never known a DM who denied a new player a spot on their game on account of being a new player. Be sure to bedazzle Alphaeus with your application.
Also, since most recruitment threads ask for a writing sample I'd assume that Alphaeus didn't need one, since you'll be doing a backstory, appearance and personality section anyway and that also serves the purpose of showing off skills and style.

@Alphaeus: Anything on starting gold? I was planning on doing the character sheet.
Also, how important are languages and/or how would you say we overcome the language barrier?
Old 10-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6442
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
I ended going in an entirely new direction. My guy/gal will be an androgynous blue skinned godling. (for flavor purposes) Dread class, Pirate background. As for his/her race it is statistically an elan but flavor-wise he/she is an Annunaki. I wanted to know if there is a deadline already set because I don't want to miss out on this if possible.

Last edited by ricktur63; 10-10-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 467
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Name: Zei
Race: Tiefling
Class: Eclipse

Description: If most people had to pick one word to describe Zei, that word would be 'black'. Her skin is completely black. Her horns are black. Her eyes are black. They're like solid orbs, with no iris or pupil. The hooded cloak she wears is literally made of shadow. Her creators definitely had a theme in mind. Zei was not made to lounge in sunlit meadows.

Backstory: The fortress is vast. The fortress is everything. What does it guard? Only the Creators know. Zei is one of its many many guardians. She was born fully grown, with all the knowledge she needed. Floor 46 is her territory. It's a shadowed catacomb, that swallows all light. Woe betide any adventurer who makes it this far. Assassins lurk in every corner. By the time someone realises that Zei is there, they're a step away from death. Zei relishes such moments...

...not that they happen often. Most intruders die before reaching the 46th floor. So Zei has a lot of free time. She fills her idle hours in many ways: Like playing games of 'stabby tag' with the other assassins. She's also pen pals with a lich on the 87th floor. Last week, she helped remodel someone's labyrinth. It's a decent life. It's the only life she's ever known. She assumed that she'd guard the fortress forever. Sure, some weak guardians got themselves killed. But that'd never happen to her, right? Or so she thought, until that Paladin's axe bisected her.

Personality: Zei was designed to kill intruders. Such a job doesn't require social skills. So her creators saw no reason to give her any. Despite her mysterious appearance, Zei is what sociologists call a 'dork'. In battle, she's a whirlwind of destruction. At parties, she's a background decoration. Zei does crave the company of others. She just prefers it on her own terms: Like a training exercise; Or notes sent by carrier pigeon. Her talent for stealth lets her avoid unwanted meetings. When overwhelmed by stimuli, she retreats. It took her quite a while to befriend floor 46's other inhabitants. She finds comfort in familiarity. Being suddenly thrust into a new environment would be a massive shock. Thank goodness that'll never happen!
Old 10-10-2019, 11:07 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5034
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Quick question: what’s your stance on custom races using ARG rules? If acceptable, is there an RP number I should be aiming for?

"He looked to the Kender for wisdom. If there was one thing she was good for, it was pearls of wisdom. Wisdom buried beneath twelve hours of stories about obscure relatives."
-Imveros

Last edited by rhaiber; 10-11-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2166
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
Brainstorming something that's a bit Eberron-esq themed. Definitely playing the Magitech vibe up with maybe a Gnome bard reflavor?

The thoughts are brewing.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:57 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
Father is done, though I might indulge in an RP sample later on once I find out what I want to make it about.

I wonder when I should bother you with homebrewing things though, I'm thinking about adding some asterisks to his android race on account of his symbiote. Also there's a spell idea I'd like to work out and some feats I'd like to be compatible with spheres.

Also, I realised that since Cordyceps is Father's power source pretty much, that makes Father the parasite, Damn freeloader!

Last edited by Sirviantis; 10-11-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:50 PM
The red pandas are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17517
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Everybody's making androids
Old 10-11-2019, 04:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13066
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Makes me want to make a commoner