Characters They took the path where no one goes. - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2019 > Priestess > No Quarter
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 23rd, 2017, 06:35 AM
1975, lol
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24559
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
They took the path where no one goes.

Please copy character application and link to character sheet here.
Old Oct 30th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 636
Coron Coron Coron Coron Coron Coron

Last edited by tomplum; Jul 18th, 2018 at 07:08 AM.
Old Oct 30th, 2017, 12:38 PM
May all your bacon burn.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 445
TitchyGren TitchyGren TitchyGren TitchyGren TitchyGren
Name: Kristjan Viktorson
Class: Rogue
Appearance: Kristjan is tall, handsome, and broad-shouldered. With bright blue eyes, a mouth seemingly always on the verge of a slight smile, and graceful poise, the merchant naturally draws the eyes of those around him. He has short blond hair and a well-shaven face. Kristjan dresses well, but not garishly or opulently. He is always sure to wear a shirt and trousers with soft colors that are relaxing to the eye, and maintains a clean, well put-together look. He wears fine clothes for an individual living in one of the less populated regions of the world. As a traveler, Kristjan always has with him a warm coat, sturdy, worn boots, and thick leather gloves.
Kristjan owns two special rings. One is a simple gold band, a match to the ring he bought Ana for their wedding. The other is silver shaped to look like a braid. Like the gold ring, there is another ring just like this one, only it sits on the hand of Emma, not Ana. Kristjan is always careful to wear the appropriate band and hide the other when visiting one of his wives. Currently, as he is in Tunglland, he wears his gold ring, and with Ana trapped in the Grotto, the merchant finds himself fiddling with it, twisting it back and forth on his finger, lost in thought.
Background: Charlatan
Personality Trait: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
I'm a born gambler who can't resist taking a risk for a big payoff.
Ideal: I am determined to make something of myself.
Bond: I’ve conned two people who are important to me. Now that this secret is at risk, I might lose everything.
Flaw: I’m too greedy for my own good.

Last edited by TitchyGren; Oct 31st, 2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old Oct 30th, 2017, 12:39 PM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
right-aligned image
Name: Bryllyn Sigurd

Race: Half-elf

Class: Ranger (UA Revised)

Background: Outlander

Personality Trait:
  • I Feel far more comfortable around animals than people.
  • I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.

Ideal: Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.

Bond:An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me.

Flaw:I remember every insult I've received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me.

Appearance:
Bryllyn leans more towards elf than human. She is tall, slender and has a grace to her movement unheard of in her tiny village. Her stony, hardened expression belies a soft, round face that now bears the remains of many scars. Bryllyn has mismatched eyes, a hazel left one and a blue right. Since her father's eyes are blue, she surmises that her mother's would be brown. Her blonde-brown hair is usually carelessly tied into a thick, messy braid off to one side.

The half-elf is usually dressed in modest leather and furs appropriate to the wintry climes of her mountain village. She is not one for jewellery and embellishments, except for a bracelet with a bright blue uncut crystal that she never takes off. It is the only thing of her mother that she has. When she was left at her father's doorstep, it was around her neck. For years her father had locked it off in the attic. One day she found it and asked her father what it was. Since then she has worn it. First around her neck, then on her wrist.

Personality:
In her nineteen years, Bryllyn has never felt a sense of belonging. The humans of the village always treated her like an outcast. A few years back, she built a dwelling for herself out in the forest and started living there full-time. The little time that she spends in the village, she is either trading furs or taking care of her father. Hansen, her father is suffering from a debibilating illness that has left him nearly bedridden. Bryllyn comes home every night for a few hours to cook and and clean, and give her father his medication.

For the longest time, the half-elf blamed her father for her fate. She was angry at everything and took it out on him. She blamed him for taking her in that frigid night and often wished that he would have left her to die. After a while though, she realized how much Hansen had to sacrifice for her sake and they grew much closer. Unfortunately, this came at a time when Hansen was not long for the world.

Bryllyn appears intense and serious. Her human interactions are curt and tense. She prefers her own company, out in the woods. After spending so many years of her life in the wilderness, she now feels a deep connection to it and does not take too kindly to ones who would do it harm for selfish reasons. And while she not vengeful, she will never forget not forgive all the insults and disrespect she received from the villagers over the years.

Underneath the cold hard exterior however, there still lives a girl who wants to be loved, to belong. She manifests herself sometimes when Bryllyn is alone by some brook, carelessly humming to herself. With a bit of understanding and effort, the real Bryllyn may yet be coaxed out. Or be lost forever, depending on which way her story goes.

Character Sheet Working on it now!
Old Oct 31st, 2017, 08:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts

Last edited by tomplum; Jul 18th, 2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2017, 10:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1558
Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad

Last edited by tomplum; Jul 18th, 2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 07:19 AM
1975, lol
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24559
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application• Name: Aknoog Stonefort

• Class: Cleric – Nature Domain

• Appearance: If you do not have business with Aknoog you would not even know he is there. Having lived on the side of the mountains his entire life he has developed a keen sense of survival and it shows. From a distance he blends in with his surroundings. Foes will look past his gray armor and padded leggings believing they see a slab of granite that does not move. Small patches of green moss seem to be growing in places on this rock. Animals and friends of the mountain dwarf will first sense that the mountain itself has shifted. Only realizing after some study that it is a creature moving towards them. His movements efficient and precise. The being does not miss a step and is sure on his feet, regardless of the terrain. The green patches of moss are a tattered cloak that has been adorned in such a way to provide cover. Additional layers of clothing can now be made out that protect this man from the harsh winds on the peaks. There is a cool gray beard that covers his face and hair that is pulled back behind his head. Bushy eyebrows and a full mustache also hide much of the expression that his face may bear. Now, as he moves closer, you can see a wind battered face. Old for his age. However, his eyes have a life within that jumps out towards you. First you see the expression in the corners of his eyes and suddenly the man breaks into a huge smile. Teeth, perfectly white, show as he welcomes you with a large embrace. His Warhammer rests over his back, covered by some old rags that make it appear as if it is an old decaying tree. His embrace is strong and firm.

• Background: Outlander

• Personality Trait: I am in tune with nature and my surroundings. The mountain has been life for his clan for centuries and it must be cared for. If you pay it respect you will find that you have been given all that you will need.

• Ideal: Family. Blood runs thicker than water.

• Bond: I grew up on the mountain, I love the mountain, and I will protect the mountain.

• Flaw: I remember every insult I've received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me.

• History: Aknoog has lived his entire life on the face of the most feared mountain in the land, Mammoth’s Crest Mountain. His family resided in a small valley within the upper reaches of the mountain and was charged with keeping the clan safe. Aknoog’s father was well respected within the clan and earned the opportunity to protect their people and holdings. While it is oftentimes a solitary lifestyle for the mountainside patrols, they take up their duties with love for their clan. Many serve for their entire lives. As they grow older and more fragile they must pass on their duties to someone they trust. Usually a younger brother, son or nephew. Sons are especially coveted as they likely have been exposed to the nomad lifestyle for many decades prior to earning the chance to apprentice as a protector. Aknoog took immediately to the role of clan protector and as a young boy he imagined he was his father’s age, helping keep the clan safe. He played games of saving the Graniteer family from a wolf attack on their way back from the trading post. Or saving a traveler that was lost in the pass. It was in these moments that Aknoog learned to read the land. How it told stories of the past, present and future. He started to harden against any being he did not immediately recognize and learned to switch his emotions instantly when he came across those that he did know. He came to learn, from his father, that there was no time for wasted movements on the mountainside, or the Face as his clan would refer to it. As his father became older, Aknoog started his formal duties. Now that he has been patrolling for many decades the clan prefers to have him search out intruders they do not want to find them or allies that need to be saved from attack, weather or just the cruelty of the mountain.

• Personality: Aknoog has made a living on protecting those who are aligned with the clan and removing those who are against the clan. While many would see this as a set of ideals that could not coexist, as Face Patrolman, Aknoog has come to understand the intricate balance of the mountain. He has no problem eliminating those creatures that are not in balance with the clan’s world. By now he has spent so much time by himself that he has little need for idle chit chat or to surround himself with hordes of friends. He keeps his relationships to a minimum but prizes those connections that he makes to death.

• RP Sample:
The snow was beginning to fall again and there was still no sign of Kriska. It was an ill time to travel in these parts but the clan needed to replenish their supply of medicinal roots. The roots were very powerful and Akroog set out many summer days to collect them for the clan. However, this season, they were not as plentiful as usual. That, along with the early winter, meant that supplies were low. Sure they had enough food and drink, but the powder from the roots could help ease the nobles cough when it came. Kriska was the noble’s personal trader and had travelled down to the town many times in the past. While not as skilled as Akroog in the ways of the mountain, Kriska was very careful and always returned on time and with his bounty. The townspeople liked his jovial attitude, definitely much more than the other traders that entered town. Maybe that is why Nobleman Ironbeast has taken a liking to Kriska as well. Either way, the fact that he had not returned was not good news.

The clan sent word to Aknoog that he was to find out what had happened to the trader. Ironbeast was worried about his tradesman and had developed a worse cough. The clan has been led by Sirog Ironbeast for many centuries and have prospered under his leadership. Many wondered aloud what would come of the group once he passes. It could bring turbulent times indeed as there were those that did not agree that the clan should protect themselves from the outside world. Things are changing. They said. Outsiders are different now. They need our ore much more than they used to. Akroog was not so sure. The mountain dwarf clan was happy, self sufficient and prospering. I must find Kriska.

And so Aknoog set out. “Mother, do not worry. I have made the trek before. I will see you in a few days time. I am sure Kris is just fine. He knows enough to stay down in town if there were poor conditions. I am sure that is what has occurred.” He could tell all the old guard have been worried. His dear mum one of them. “Don’t worry, I even can pick up some of the venison you like from the store. I’ll be back in no time with tales of travels and goods to share.” And so he set off, by himself, down the mountain to Tunglland. He could make the trip easily through the snow, he has done the back and forth in worse storms than this. The trick would be verifying if his friend made it to town, and if he did, was he on his way back? He had a feeling that something had happened to Kris. He knew the trader very well and even counted him as one of his closest friends. They had traded stories growing up together and relied upon each other’s knowledge, Aknoog for the terrain and Kriska for the communication with the town, on many previous trips to town.

He quickly gathers his necessary rations, cold weather gear and medicinal notions and set off down the mountain. On his way down he would stop at Gleason’s burrow. Surely the old hermit would have hear Kriska come through on his was down to the town. Aknoog knew that Kris liked to trade stories with the old man to surprise the townspeople with. They would exclaim in astonishment “But that just happened last week. There’s no way your clan could have known.” To which Kris often would say, “But wait, there is more news to be had. If you could spare some of that mead I could tell you what I know!” Upon entering the hermits burrow and learning that yes, Kris had descended but did not come back through yet, Aknoog felt a sense of relief. Yes, he must be down in town riding out the storm. All will be well. The gods will see to it they will!

Extra CreditExtra Credit: The banon gar ingen is the most feared path on the mountain. Most who have travelled the path have not bene seen again. Whether it was that they travelled to where they were going and couldn’t get back or whether they never made it was uncertain. Others have come through and have gone mad, losing their mind during the arduous trek. They ramble about ghost and ghouls and creatures unseen. The have claims of spirits and curses and unseen enemies that attack. Many children’s tales tell of dwarven war gods that fought over control of the mountain with gods from within the mountain itself. The dwarven gods were banished never to set foot within the mountain again while the fiend gods could never leave. The war of the gods is what steals the person’s soul is how the elders tell the tale. The children’s version of the story includes either a long fall into a well or a storm that freezes you to death.

Character Informationhttps://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=72457