Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > Dawn of Adventure
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-19-2014, 07:24 PM
TGWTWSA

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Treasure Seekers (Group 1)

Please post character backgrounds and sheets in this thread.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Oblivious Flame Hippo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6185
hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo
right-aligned image

Varleigh Tomeleaf
Female Halfing (Lightfoot)
Warlock (Great Old One)
Character Sheet

Description: Haunted. No other word captures the essence of Varleigh nearly as well. The bleak stare of eyes that have seen what cannot be unseen. An aura of dread and foreboding lives in her scarred face when she thinks no one else is watching.

Varleigh's slender form is wrapped in a fine cloak as befit her station serving in the Vault of Sages before her accident. She keeps her hood up to hide the ravages of her once beautiful face from casual onlookers - more for their sake than her own. The marks are the least of the price she pays - if not gladly - at least with full understanding of the total due.

Personality: Quiet, but affable and engaging, Varleigh gets along well with others. She shows a keen interest in her companions and a thirst for learning few would expect. Caught up in this enthusiasm, many fail to notice how little she truly reveals of herself.

Still - she is trustworthy and reliable with the good of others in her heart. A bit headstrong at times. But if she keeps secrets, it is probably for the best.

Motivation and Goals:
  • Ideal: All knowledge longs to be known by someone. Be that someone.
  • Bond: I have uncovered terrible secrets and must prevent others from learning them, or the secrets from discovering me.
  • Flaw: Insatiable curiosity will be the death of me yet. It is only a matter of time.

Varleigh is always on the lookout for new opportunities to learn: the more ancient and forgotten the knowledge, the better. Most knowledge she wants to recover and share with the Vaults - but others she will hoard for safekeeping. She cares for wealth only as a means to further her research and cares for fame not at all. If her name is unsung and unknown save for the collectors and sages she can serve, that is all for the best.

Last edited by hippo; 09-07-2014 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 883
Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66 Clockwerk66
Name: Kriv, the Bounty Collector
Class: Rogue
Race: Dragonborn

Personality Trait: I ask a lot of questions.
Ideals: I help the people who help me—that’s what keeps us alive. (Neutral)
Bonds: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me.
Flaws: It’s not stealing if I need it more than someone else.

Backstory: ((in secret text as requested))

Personality:
Kriv's overall demeanor is fairly laid-back, though he is all-business and professional-like when it comes to accepting tasks from whoever employs him at the time. He's the kind of rogue who tends to ask a lot of questions, and attempts to handle tense situations with wit and sarcasm. Outside of official jobs, Kriv is willing to help anyone who has helped him before. His most significant flaw however is that, when he steals things, he usually rationalizes that he needs it more than someone else. He is also rather fond of children, and despises those who would prey upon them. Although he sometimes seems uncaring at times, he considers the person who raised him, Rukia Kazume, to be a true friend, and feels that he owes a dept to her that he can never truly repay.

Description:
Kriv wears black leather clothing, containing multiple small sheaths for his daggers and short swords, and general thieves' tools, and also wears cloth wraps over his clawed hands. His are swamp-green in color, his reptilian eyes are copper-colored, and he wears a bone mask that he carved himself in the image of a drake's head. In addition to his leather clothing, Kriv wears a black cloak, complete with a hood that covers his eyes, but still leaving his snout visible. In addition to his typical physical features, Kriv also has a loose patch of leathery skin that stretches from halfway up his neck, all the way to the underside of his lower jaw. This elastic skin-patch can stretch and inflate to contain pent-up poison, which the dragonborn uses for his breath weapon.

Trinket:
Among his other possessions, Kriv also carries a crystal knob from a manor door that he successfully lockpicked. To this very day, he still doesn't entirely know why he took the time to steal it, but it looked really shiny at the time.

Motivation and Goals:
The most pressing motivation Krix has for doing what he does is so that, one day, he might discover what happened to his true parents to cause them to abandon him before he had even hatched. Aside from that, he takes whatever jobs he can get in order to gain more fame and prestige as an accomplished rogue.

Last edited by Clockwerk66; 09-06-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:20 AM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9935
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
right-aligned image

Character Name: Sabriiakiira (meaning Apostle of the Empty Storm in Drow dialect) of House Hun'ghym
Class: Rogue, later Assassin archetype
Race: Half-Drow (technically Drow)
Personality: Sabriiakiira has a strong-willed personality. She is cautious and enigmatic. However she is quick to respond should the situation demand it. She hates to see children suffer as she herself was abused as a child in the hands of her mother. She would rather assist than lead and works best alone. Being a child of both Human and Drow, she often finds it difficult to live in both world. In the Underdark she is treated only slightly better than a Drow male. On the surface she is feared for the color of her skin. She finds it hard to identify herself in either worlds.
Physical Description: Sabriiakiira, or just Sabriia as she wants to be called, is a young, tall and slender woman. Although she has a Human father, she looks very much like a Drow; long pointy ears, ashen-dark skin, ice-cold eyes and long white hair. Very little makes her stand out from Drow kin, but they know she is different than them. When adventuring she keeps her hair in a top-knot to prevent it from getting in the way. Her body is covered in fine strands of scars, which she makes little effort in covering up. In the Drow society, revealing such scars is a mark of status, as is dressing in skimpy clothes. She is clad in leather armor and carries a rapier, hand crossbow and dagger by her side.

Background: Criminal (Assassin)
Personality Trait: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Ideal: Freedom. From my mother and the future she and the House has in store for me
Bond: I will become the greatest assassin that ever lived.
Flaw: I have a "tell" that reveals when I am lying. I seem to always twirl a lock of hair when I say something that isn't true.
Trinket: A silver skull the size of a coin.

Last edited by XQbitor; 09-07-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Podcast Fiend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
Phisto Phisto

Name: Deradros Earnstheart
Class: Barbarian
Race: Human

Background:

Personality: Deradros is reserved, speaking only after great deliberation although he is still prone to rash decisions from time to time. These brief lapses weigh heavily on him later. He also disdains killing and will actively avoid killing people. This does not apply to some monsters that are too dangerous to be left alive. However when it comes to the "Civilized" races he will always incapacitate them. Due to his years in the wild he is not accustomed to the normal etiquette that society possesses. He is also incredibly blunt when he speaks and somewhat simple, while not stupid he is clearly uneducated.

Description: Deradros is not a large man by any means not even reaching 6ft in height. His frame is lean and well worked belying the strength that he possesses. His black hair is short and unkempt, thrown off by the soft pale blue orbs of his eyes. A brand in the shape of an M is clearly seen on his right cheek several small cuts layered over top of it displaying its age. His hands are calloused and well worked showing that he is no stranger to hard labour. His clothes show age and use, dirt marring their fabric, but seem to be rather well crafted. One of the rare items he gets when he ventures into town.

He is always seen with a large sword on his back, one that seems much to large for a man of his size to use properly. In the months that he has been seen in Silverymoon most of the town folk often balk at the sight, claiming that he must be a child unfamiliar to battle as only a greenhorn would use a weapon they can barely swing.

Motivation and Goals: He seeks the answers to his problems, committing every ounce of effort to these goals.

Background: Outcast

Personality Traits: I am oblivious to etiquette and social expectations. I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.

Ideal: I don't kill people as there is a spark of good in everyone.

Bond: Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.

Flaw: I harbour dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell.

Last edited by Phisto; 09-08-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Changed where he keeps his sword. Now finished the char.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1380
JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor JimRazor
right-aligned image
Name: Amnon Excellence
Race: Tiefling
Class: Bard
Background: Urchin
Traits:
-- I ask a lot of questions.
-- I bluntly say what other people are hinting at or hiding.
Ideal:
-- Change: The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things.
Bond:
-- I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me.
Flaw:
-- I will never fully trust anyone other than myself.
Backstory:
Born in the gutters of Faerun to a girl in a brothel, Amnon's prospects in life were never good. A courtesan's child was always a matter of talk and distaste, no matter where you go. Though boys who grow up in these Houses of the Flesh learn a great deal - for the courtesans are skilled in their own ways - it carried with it a stigma: you were a bastard child and that stuck with you. You were treated like garbage, because to most others, that's what you are. And what else would you expect from a whore's son?

But still, Amnon's prospects in life were much, much worse. For he was no ordinary bastard child of a courtesan in the fine city of Baldur's Gate, no Amnon was not even human! He was half-elven - those gifted blends were accepted among people in large cities like Baldur's Gate. Nor was he a half-orc, a rarity to be sure in Baldur's Gate. No, he was something far more fiendish.

Amnon was born a tiefling. Cursed by the depths of hells by the archfiends themselves, his blood carried the blood of damnation. A wailing babe with reddish skin, protrusions from his brow, and the lick of a tail from his bottom, Amnon's mother nearly screamed with shock when she first saw him. The Madam would have had the babe killed were it not for Amnon's mother feeling her keen attachment to the child: despite it's clear inhumanity. The Calimshite-born courtesan posed to keep the babe, which became an oddity of the whorehouse - the only brothel in the district that had a tiefling child under it's roof.

Clientele at the brothel Amnon grew up in experienced a moderate decline, but that made little difference to the sailors and traders who frequented the large port city, for they never saw the demon-child as his mother tended to him in private. The courtesans of the brothel even began to take a liking to the young child, who despite his demonic traits seemed almost handsome.

Yet the life of a tiefling also meant the life estranged: Amnon learned he had to keep out of sight of the "guests" at the brothel and ensure that he wasn't noticed on the streets: a tiefling child living in the red light district of Baldur's Gate would only bring trouble to the district. The various temples of the gods would make sure of that. Lurking about in shadows, Amnon learned quick that it paid to be silent and stealthy. Even then, the young one learned a few other tricks on the street. How to steal and thieve, to fend for himself when the whores of the brothel were not around to look over him. A mischevious child, he learned pain and prejudice first hand as his early attempts at being a guttersnipe were met with brutal fists. Tymora be praised, he managed to escape that childhood scrape alive, but not without learning a lesson in caution: while the women and girls of the brothels might learn to be accepting of a tiefling, people were not. Prejudice and fear ruled them - they would not empathize with him, and thus hated him. Just for being who he was.

The death of his mother was hard on Amnon. Her support of Amnon, her overwhelming love for him had kept him here, surrounded by people who would rather him dead. Not even the other courtesans could convince the now grown and charming young scoundrel to stay. Departing, Amnon furnished himself with a a disguise to hide his inhumanity, and stole enough coin to pay for passage to better prospects - hoping to find a place where he would be accepted.

Hearing tale of the overflowing acceptance of the city of Silverymoon, Amnon decided to ply his "trade" there. Who knows, maybe the people there would appreciate a decent song, or not mind a few filched fruits from their stands. Or better yet, they wouldn't mutter curses when he walked by or try to kill him for being who he was: a tiefling.
Personality:
Amnon was always told to strive for excellence. The women and girls of the red light district in Baldur's Gate had told him that when coming from such a low station in life, one had to strive to be better than ever before, and keep pushing for perfection in their art - being good at what they did was what kept the brothel running and kept a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. Amnon strives for the same... though he's gotten somewhat lost along the way. Prone to sulking and prowling about, Amnon learned a few of the tricks the thieves used for making their marks upon society: he can steal and filch his way like the rest of them, but he's always been seductive as well. Maybe that's simply part of being a tiefling, but he has a tendency to hide his inhumanity at times: especially in large crowds. But in the dirt and grime of the harshest of cities, Amnon knows enough to survive, and can do so easily. Though he does happen to have a habit of being a womanizer...
Description:
Amnon stands at a rather average height of 5'9" and weighs around 160 pounds. His skin is of a coppery tinge, with hints of ruddy red in the complexion, as the lithe and whippercord thin tielfing bares a smile, flashing his sharp canines. Despite being accustomed to the grime of the streets, the tiefling is surprisingly presentable. Comfortable in his leather armors and with the sway of his rapier's scabbard behind him in tune to the swish of his tail, Amnon has a clear swagger. Still, his bright eyes betray a manner of caution and suspicion to them: a life of having had to live with his reddened complexion, the horns coming from his brow, and the tail the flicks lightly behind him. With a comfortable air he strums his lute, an old and clearly well worn instrument, but the tiefling tries to take good care of it.

Last edited by JimRazor; 09-08-2014 at 02:18 PM.