RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 03:48 PM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16937
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree
So, since you're allowing some 3rd party stuff, would campaign setting books that can be found on d20pfsrd.com be allowed? Figure I don't want to focus efforts for my build of a human around things that wouldn't be accepted out of the gate and take additional time researching for it.

-GT
Old 11-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6775
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
A magic user from outside the Wastes has to make an adjustment in the way they cast in order to cast with blood in the Wastes. There is only a slight learning curve, basically just adding the component, and other than that it functions the same. So other than a component there really is no difference.

It really depends, my 3rd party stuff is mostly stuff I made up ;-P . I don't want you wasting too much time either GT, if you had a quick and dirty list for me to skim I could answer you straight out, if you were just asking to reign yourself in time-wise, then stick with the non-3rd party. d20pfsrd has just about all the campaign books and I can look up anything on their just as easy as you, so if it isn't 3rd party it is fair game, just try to make sure it fits the Inner Sea Setting, or can be explained in a way fitting to this setting.

Sorry for taking so long to answer, it was a bit of a chaotic day today.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:45 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
A friend saw the ad for this game a few days late and mentioned really wanting to join in. I am giving him a shot at coming up with a character as long as he gets it to me before the end of the week. His concept is excellent and will add a bit of levity to the mix.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:55 AM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11600
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
As long as it's not a kender
Old 11-29-2017, 06:12 AM
The Force in Balance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2465
BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries
Quote:
Originally Posted by AximusLokar View Post
As long as it's not a kender
I just woke up, and for a momet, I thought that said, 'As long as it's not Bender.' I can hear him in the back of my mind right now shouting, "Bite my shiny, metal ass!"
Old 11-29-2017, 06:14 AM
Mindshifter
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4212
Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex
Kender-blood works just the same. There's a few spells I dearly need to power up.

I mean this only in theory, obviously.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:18 AM
The Force in Balance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2465
BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries
Before I make any more of a fool of myself, I suppose I should ask... What is a kender? Is it a species unique to Pathfinder, or is it something from other settings that I simply haven't heard of before? Or is it not a species at all, and I'm reading this wrong?
Old 11-29-2017, 07:12 AM
Mindshifter
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4212
Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex
It's a hugely obnoxious species from Dragonlance. They're basically a mix of halfling and ferret who steal everything because they have no understanding of the concept of ownership and like playing pranks. It's like the authors read something about Kitsune but didn't understand them.

Kender-characters in books and stories are also reknown for having incredibly thick plot-armour explained as supernatural luck. You can't kill off the comic relief, unfortunately. Sadly.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:18 AM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11600
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Yup. And my introduction to Dungeons and Dragons proper back in 2e included a pair of friends playing a Kender and a Minotaur, who were themselves friends with the GM. Within 5 minutes of meeting them I'd been infected with a form of lycanthropy wherein I became a kender during the full moon(pre-existing random table for his bag of never ending rice cakes). It only went downhill from there.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:40 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
His character is going to be a very heavy set lawyer. It will be interesting. He has the day off work and told me it should be done sometime today.

Edit: TLN feel free to post.

Last edited by Pendragon; 11-29-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5074
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Howdy y'all! Apologies for the delay! Beaufort "Bo" Buckhardt should be ready quite soon. My daughter was a bit of a handful today, so I didn't have as much time as I thought I would to complete him. Build-wise, he's a melee skill monkey via Empiricist. Character wise...well he's like the horrible fusion of Nero Wolfe, Baron Harkonen(as portrayed by Ian McNeice), Mycroft Holmes, and Foghorn Leghorn. He's here to ensure that the assets on the temple grounds are properly liquidated.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:55 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Still have some items and a feat to add in for Beaufort, but I've posted his profile up. I'm loving that it is a crew of young, sexy folk plus one fat middle aged lawyer.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:05 PM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree
I don't know about young... Miriam is getting middle aged actually.

-GT
Old 11-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
At least she looks good for her age, eh?
Old 11-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
Well, she doesn't have a physically tough job or one that keeps her in the sun, so it has minimized the appearance of age. However she is still getting the hair color changes and body aches.

-GT