Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Alkenstar: The Awakening
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11332
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Jozin felt his blood rise at the gunman's callous remarks on the death of an ally, but restrained himself to tightly gripping his sword as he pulled it from the giant's eye, wiping the blade on the killer's rags before sheathing it. "I do not know if she was a religious woman, so it would be difficult to know her thoughts on the matter, but in my order when consecration was not available then cremation was preferable to burial. There is no dishonor in it, and it removes the risk of desecration. I feel she would not disapprove of her body leaving this world amid flame."

Standing over the fallen he pulled a small silver disc from his bag, touching it to his forehead before letting it drape over his hand as he spoke. "Iomadae, I pray you grant succor to the fallen and guidance for those that must carry on. Though I did not know her well Pyrrha fell in pursuit of good works, defending the people. A knight could not find a more blessed end, and so grant blessings twice to those that find it without call to duty but instead through their own heart and soul."
Old 05-08-2018, 02:32 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30734
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Raphael gave pause, nodding slightly at the other man's suggestion. "If she has no kin to be returned to, cremation works as well as any other funeral. Otherwise, we bury her, and do our best to return her to her blood on our return." He remained impassive but with a wary tension through Miriam's raised voice, until the final words of the younger man's prayer faded, but looked across the others in the vicinity for their reactions- and to learn if any of them knew of family that might be waiting for the fallen woman's return. He did seem truly perplexed by the amount of emotion on display.

Last edited by Humble Athena; 05-15-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:50 AM
Mindshifter
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4212
Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex
Andri the opportunist
Even when the giant before her fell to the ground, Andri was not done yet berating and cursing the giant. Before the giant creature stopped breathing, she knelt beside it, a dagger in her hand and the wicked sword safely sheathed in a fluid motion as one by one, her mirror images winked out of existence.

"You've extinguished a light today", the dark-haired woman whispered, still angry at herself for failing to protect Pyrrha, and at Pyrrha for her brave stupidity in not retreating. Her dagger cut deep, causing the last of the giant's lifeblood to spill on the ground. A very perceptive observer might have noticed not all drops reaching the earth beneath, though. Some seemed to flow upwards of Andri's dagger, only to be soaked up through her skin.

She finishes whatever she was doing down there with a heartfelt stab into the giant's chest, her dagger barely penetrating the thick muscle and fat. She gave the creature's body a parting kick as she rose and turned to Raphael. "Bury her. When we return, I will find her kin."

Andri pauses for a moment, then turned towards Beaufort with her customary insolent grin. "For an appropriate fee, of course".

Last edited by Vex; 05-09-2018 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6386
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Strange HappeningsAs Miriam crouches over the crushed body something strange happens a shimmering divine energy emerges from the midwife's hand and even though she tries to direct it toward the broken body before her it snakes away toward Andri.

It hits her with sudden rejuvenating Recover 12HPforce healing her from her wounds

OOCThe effect was random
Old 05-21-2018, 02:28 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30734
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
The burst of magic from the otherwise unremarkable woman caused Raphael to take a significant step back, even as his eyes widened in surprise. That was the last type of magic he'd expected to see here in the Wastes, and it meant a need for greater caution around the midwife. For now, though, he grabbed the shovel and headed off to the side of the road.

As shovelful after shovelful of dirt was moved, an extra layer of dry dust coated the wanderer, who seemed strained under the task. Despite that, he worked efficiently, except for occasional breaks, where he poured water from a canteen onto a faded red bandana and wiped down his face and arms.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:40 AM
Mindshifter
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4212
Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex Vex
Angry Andri
Still waiting for Beaufort's reply to her suggestion, Andri was completely unprepared for the jolt of divine energy. Turning around with a rather graceless spin but nevertheless managing to draw her blade, the dark-haired blood mage pointed the two prongs of her wicked sword in the direction of the jolt, eyes flickering with surprise as she saw Miriam standing there.

"What the Literally: 'The Nine Tails Of A Skinned Cat Placed In
A Place Not Suited To The Nine Tails Of A Skinned Cat' in Dwarvish
golub nak kazdrūm drūm thak kazdrūm arn dak
are you doing, woman?"
, Andri screeched at the midwife. "You do not get to put spells on me without my permission."

Seeing the woman as confused as Andri herself, the short woman relented slightly. "Especially not spells I do not recognize. What in the Nine Blooded Hells was that?"

Old 05-24-2018, 12:19 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11332
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Placing a hand over the blade to point it down and away from the healer Jozin merely said "A miracle."
Old 06-05-2018, 02:42 PM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16937
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree
As her pleas with the goddess are heard, shock crossed her face as it seemed to avoid the Aasimar and instead found a home within the less wounded female warrior. But... but... why?!? Darn the Wastes for cursing Pharasma's powers here!!! Closing her eyes, the woman knew that Pyrrha was not going to be continuing the journey with them.

Just then, as Andri began to curse at her in foreign tongues, the midwife watched as the blade was drawn and pointed at her. "I... I... I..." she stammered, at a loss for words as her life seemed to be in imminent danger. Just then, the kindness of Jozin to step up to her aid gave the black-haired woman some feeling of relief. "I was pleading for the goddess of death to spare Pyrrha by healing her wounds. It appears that either her will, or those of the Wastes, caused you to receive the blessing instead. I'm sorry if that was a problem, as it wasn't my intention."

Taking the opportunity now that the adventurers weren't in immediate danger, the bringer of children walked to the cart and rummaged around the bottles packed. Pulling a few out, along with some cloths, she addressed the group. "Does anyone need me to bandage any wounds?"

-