RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > What evil lurks...
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 276
Alera224 Alera224 Alera224
( If you want to interrupt the call, you should act in Round 2 By round 3 the call will be over.
Devou, how do you have two attacks this round? )
Old 08-02-2009, 11:20 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9149
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
[You said Joseph gets a surprise attack, I wasn't paying attention and read it as I got one.. Scratch the first attack, it seems I still hit nothing....]
Old 08-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9011
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
(I'll do round 2, since my post kinda backs it up since all the people running was round 2. Let me know what I need to do now. Once the whole Initiative and round clusterf*ck gets figured out, I'll be gtg.)

(Wouldn't shooting the guy be sufficient? I'm pretty sure I'd get interrupted if I got shot. I'm not trying to hit the phone or anything, just him. If you want the called shot, just use the attack roll I already made. Would make it a 17 Attack and 10 Damage.)

Last edited by saratek187; 08-24-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
( Alright, I need a Grapple attempt or a called shot with a -6 pennalty to interrupt the phone call. )
Old 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
When Elliot found the door still unlocked, he sort of made a sharp exhale sound and pushed it open with his foot. "Stupid cops."

Not even bothering to extinguish his cigarette, the man entered before Marcus and began overturning furniture, pulling curtains back, ripping posters off the wall, searching for a switch, a trap door, something. The source of that weird smell earlier, the section of the home he hadn't had time to search the first time.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
( Sorry for the delay. I was without Internet for a week or two and didn't realize when the site had come back up. And if I were shot while calling for back-up, I'd keep calling for back-up. >.> It is back-up. Now I'd take cover while I did it, but I'd totally keep calling more people to help me survive. This was my logic for the called shot. No problems, you still hit. )

Outside the House

The thug with the cellphone screams and freaks out as his phone is shot out of his hands! He looks down at the mangled piece of plastic and shouts. "That was my favorite phone!" The man gives you a look that screams he's going to do horrible things to you, and points his weapon at Joseph. ( I gave him a roll for the possibility of him punking out after that shot. He rolled a natural 20. o.o" )

His friend turns, pointing his weapon at Joseph clumsily. He won't get a shot off this round, but he is likely intending to shoot you next round, just so you know.

Inside the House

The guy with the knife steps up and takes another swipe at Devou, attempting to kill the detective before he can use the gun again. His swing goes wide though, and Devou is safe. ( Atk 16 )

The cultist with the gun attempts to line up a shot on Devou, but doesn't fire due to the threat of hitting his friend.

Behind Devou, Fiona lets out a scream as the Kris in her hands seems to pulse with some sort of energy upon hitting the other woman's flesh. The slash that the blade tears in the naked woman is mirrored on each side with deeper, more horrible wounds that begin to bleed profusely. The naked woman falls to the ground, the shock too much for her body. Fiona drops the weapon and stares at it as if it is possessed, for darkening the fabric of her uniform is a mirror of the original cut on the target.

Meanwhile, across town at Benjamin Sneed's Apartment

Elliot finds no secret passageways or arcane secrets hidden in the apartment, but he does notice where the smell was coming from. The heating vents. Apparently, whatever was causing it was downstairs, in the basement tunnels where the boiler would have been. You remember seeing at some point that the entrance to the tunnels was also blocked off with police tape.

"I don't see nothing here." Marcus stated, disappointment in his voice. "There's gotta be something. I just know there is something here to help explain what's going on!" The large black man has been helping in the demolishing of the apartment, but has likewise found no passageways or doors. He has been of a great help to Elliot though. ( +2 )
Old 09-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
"It's below us.." Elliot breathes at first, his eyes darting about the room, sniffing like a dog. "The smell is coming from below us... like from the basement, the ducts... maybe there's a boiler room or something..."

Remembering that the police had blocked off the entrance, Elliot makes his way over to where the investigators had quardened off a section of the house. Stepping past the police tape, even blatantly breaking some of it away to get through to the tunnel entrance, the hooded man takes the cigarette out of his mouth and calls, "Cole." To get his attention.

OoC: Sorry if I've presumed too much. If I'm a little off in my RPing, let me know and I'll edit.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9011
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
Joseph points his weapon at the man who had been holding the phone and paused a moment. Looking over the two, they were still nothing but dedicated street thugs. The scream from inside threw off his concentration for a second, but he quickly realized he could use it to his advantage. If I can shoot the phone out of your hand at this range, imagine what I could do to you. Unless you really want to die today, you should get the hell outta here now. It sounds like you already failed and Im betting your boss wont look too kindly on it.

Intimidation Check for the Threatening Statement Joseph made.
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+15: (15) + 15 Total = 30
Old 09-12-2009, 08:13 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9149
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
The world grows rather narrow when someone's trying to stab you and his focus is only on that blade, flitting about after him. He leans back, to avoid the slash and his finger is already working the trigger again instinctively, burying lead in the assailant's chest.

ActionAttack 24
Damage 4 (suck)
Old 09-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Outside

"Cheese it!" One man shouts and his friend agrees. Then they both split in different directions, taking off running and circling around the corners of the buildings. They leave Joseph's view unless he follows, but he can only follow one due to the fact that they split up. Inside, you see the man with a gun turn at the sound of the gunshot and look at you with wide eyes. He couldn't have seen what you did, but you get the feeling that he didn't expect you to be there at all.

Inside

The man with the gun turns at the sound of a gunshot from outside, and then turns to his friend. "Damn it, we've got to get Christina!" He shouts to the other man, shaking his head. The man with the knife glances back and nods, then menaces Devou with the blade, trying to force the man to give ground and move away from the door with his slashes.

( This works like a Bull Rush. Normally, he would provoke an AO. But you must be armed with a melee weapon to make one, so you cannot make an AO against him. His Strength check result is a 10. You need to beat a 10 to not be pushed out of the doorframe where he will have access to the room with Fiona and Christina. )

Fiona continues screaming, not realizing that Christina continues to bleed this round. Bianca yowls at her, as if trying to tell her something.

Meanwhile, across the city

After following the tunnel for a little bit, you come to what you guess would be the section under Sneed's apartment. It has been cleaned a good deal, but it is still obvious that some sort of ritual sacrifice happened here. The paint on the floor still forms the ritual circle, and the pool of rust red blood has not yet been cleaned completely. The body is gone, and while you can tell that something had been placed at each corner, you can't tell what anymore. The whole area has a fine layer of dust, likely a sign of the forensics team.

Cole follows you in, and wrinkles his nose upon seeing the sight. "Something whack went down here. I can feel it..."
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Even in the dark, Elliot's eyes are intent to find some clue amidst the remains of the ritual site. Some sign that would point them to another lead, some detail they could work to their advantage. But all he could keep thinking, stifling his frustration, muttered, "Egg heads and their fingerprint dust... who do they expect to catch, Dracula?"

Carefully examining what was left of the ritual site, Elliot began to compile what he could about its nature from his extensive knowledge of the occult. At the same time, though, he was keeping an eye out for any hidden panels or clues, anything that could help piece together more of this puzzle.

http://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthrea...03#post3448403
Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Elliot

In the back of Elliot's mind, he knows that it would be easier to get a bead on this had he seen the whole scene, instead of just looking at leftovers. Still, after staring at the Pentagram for what seems like hours, a pattern begins to emerge. A series of symbols with what look like Latin characters appear in each point. The characters are often upside down, sideways, and don't seem to follow the same orientation, as if written by the hand of a mad-man. When you finally get the entire thing written down and decoded, you come up with the following:

"Nos tribuo is vir ut Diabolus , quod suus atrum populus. Permissum incursio suscipio."

When you read it to Marcus, his eyes widen, and he translates it for you.

"We give this man to the Devil and his dark host. Let conflict rise up."

( Yay for 26 Knowledge: Religion checks. )
Old 09-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Frustration. If only he'd been here sooner, if only he'd been able to get a look at the evidence before the police could tamper with it. Ruin any chance of a lead. Gritting his teeth together, trying not to let it show in his voice, Elliot breathed, "How do we stop this?"
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
khold
OOCSorry. I should have done this a long time ago. My own version of rocks falling. I'd roll for damage, but...

Mario sat in the darkness of his radio station. The light of the "On Air" sign had gone out a long time ago. Even the familiar buzz of dead air wouldn't be able to fill the silence. He unplugged the machines. He turned off the lights. He threw away all evidence that this place used to be a kind of haven for the lost and confused. The ones who would tune in to share that yes, they had been touched by the paranormal. They had seen something not of this world. Please let me not be crazy. I saw it! Santa Claus was at the Copa? Our state senator is a lizard being from outer space? My dead grandmother is trying to reach me from heaven? Believe! But of course the viewers were gone too.

All that remained was a man, if even that. He was alone, yes. Without even something to hope for or something to believe in, as he used to. Such things had gone the way of his daughter. Such things could never come back. No, not once the darkness took them in. You enter the dark, you stay in the dark. He sat there, and he felt it. It had a certain smell, it did. Sure, maybe it was all in his head, but isn't everything in our heads? Love, pain, joy, fear, what are they? A little bit of bad ham, a spot of old mustard Scrooge might have said.

Mario put the end of the revolver in his mouth. It had a certain taste. This is what darkness tasted like, if he had to guess. Cold and metallic. And there was the certain feeling of waiting. That something big was going to happen. Something that would be explosions and color and light all at once, in front of your eyes when it happened. The sheer thought of that beauty alone would make you want to quicken life's pace enough to meet it. And who could say what was waiting on the other side? Perhaps everything that the religious texts told you. Perhaps everything we tried to run away from. But better yet, maybe it was everything we ever tried to look for. Happiness, the other sock, even lost daughters.

Lilian might have been out there, yes. But even if she was, it wouldn't be on this mortal coil. She left this place a long time ago. Mario knew this. He knew it, all along. What kept him from following her earlier? What scared him so much about the darkness? It was inviting was what it was. It embraced him. It welcomed him. It gave him warmth. The rising sun and the light of the people walking outside to get to their jobs and the existence they tried to make for themselves? Routine. Cold. Metallic. Maybe hope kept him here. But there was none of that left. He couldn't even help a young girl who he had promised to help. So why had he waited? Who can say, really? Who can say what goes on in our minds?

Who can say what evil truly lurks in the hearts of men?

Valeri. Good luck. Lilian baby, I know it's dark. But hold on just a little bit longer. I'm sorry I waited so long. I'll be there soon. I love you. The Sandman enjoyed what would be the last time his daughter's name would pass through his physical lips.

He closed his eyes, smiled, and pulled the trigger.
Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But Doctor... I am Pagliacci." - Rorshach, The Watchmen