RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 01-05-2010, 03:43 AM
kedcoleman's Avatar
kedcoleman kedcoleman is offline
Sauceror Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-25-2019
RPXP: 11800
kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman
Posts: 7,454
Command Deck

The deck shudders and groans as the holo-image flashes red. Impact alert klaxons sound loudly through the deck and bright red lights strobe on the ceiling. A moment later the movement stops and the deck is eerily still, despite the alarms and flashing lights.

Attention! Hull integrity compromised on Deck 17. Repeat: Hull integrity compromised on Deck 17.

A moment passes in silence as the alarms cease their sounding. On the holotable the foreign ship is visible pressed tight against the upper hull of the fore section. One could presume they've gained entrance by boring a hole through the hull of that section.

Unknown lifeforms detected on Deck 17. Estimated 7 unknown life-signs.

As this last comes over the speakers, the lift doors open to allow David access into the command deck again.
__________________
It's a god-awful small affair
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 AM
ProjectMoon's Avatar
ProjectMoon ProjectMoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-15-2019
RPXP: 1258
ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon
Posts: 4,828
Joe laughs uneasily. "Looks like our visitors have arrived. Do we have access to any sort of video to see what they may look like? Or at least figure out if they are armed?"
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Jordz92's Avatar
Jordz92 Jordz92 is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-17-2010
RPXP: 146
Jordz92 Jordz92
Posts: 993
"And have they compromised the seal around their docking, are we losing atmosphere..." John asked, he knew they could recycle oxygen, but not if they could make it. "We need to make sure any holes are patched up tight..."
__________________
Games Dm'ing: The Clash of Titans
Games Playing: Arias, Eternal Tides, Forgotten Things
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Inukotsu18's Avatar
Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18 is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-17-2013
RPXP: 238
Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18 Inukotsu18
Posts: 963
David listens to the message being played and is, at first, startled to hear that the hull has been breached and new lifeforms where boarding them. "Just great...as if our problems weren't already big enough to begin with." He said as he rushed over to the lift doors and pushed in the button that would take him to the Command Deck. He thought about their possibilities to fend off alien invaders but it wasn't looking good in the situation they were in.

OOC
Not sure if the message from the alien ship that John wanted HERMES to repeat to the rest of the ships inhabitants and so I am assuming that it wasn't, for now. If I am incorrect, just tell me and I will fix this post accordingly. Internet providers were being changed, otherwise I would have done this sooner.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 AM
kedcoleman's Avatar
kedcoleman kedcoleman is offline
Sauceror Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-25-2019
RPXP: 11800
kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman
Posts: 7,454
Zero atmosphere leak detected. Attempting to access security camera feed at location. Stand by. HERMES speaks over the speakers.

As you watch, the holotable image dissipates into a shower of glowing dots, reforming quickly into a three dimensional representation of a hallway, presumably Deck 17. A large circle of what you presume to be hull lays on the floor, nearly a meter thick, surrounded by a ring of fine dust. To one side of the ring of hull plating stand a group of figures.

They are short, as far as you can tell relative to the features of the hallway, reaching maybe 4 and a half feet in height. They are quite stocky, as well, but appear to be human under their bulky suits and helmets. One turns towards the camera for a few moments and you get a close look at one of their faces through the large clear faceplate of their helmets. Three of them appear to be holding some form of rifle-ike item, possibly a weapon.

Their faces are round and soft and seem to glisten with moisture. Their eyes are disproportionately large, almost twice the size of a normal persons. As well, they have virtually no nose to speak of, more of a diminutive stub with two small nostrils. Every few seconds a thin cloud of mist jets up from the bottom of their helmets around their faces.

A few moments later, one that you believe is the 'leader' signals to move forward and they move down the hallway towards the lift.
__________________
It's a god-awful small affair

Last edited by kedcoleman; 01-15-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 AM
JayRob's Avatar
JayRob JayRob is offline
Spicy Meatball
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-14-2019
RPXP: 7198
JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob
Posts: 8,752
Audrey' ears perk up at the official, stern voice of the computer's broadcast. She could basically gather that they were being boarded, and at the moment, she was alone. Firmly gripping the handle of the food-laden cart, she picked up her pace through the corridors, heading back towards the Command Deck.

The redhead bursts into the room, hauling her load of food, and immediately notices the rest of the crew huddled around the holo-imager. She notes the humanoid figures, drops the cart, and moves in for a closer look.

"Ew, pretty ugly, aren't they?" Audrey comments, wrinkling her nose. "And hey! Does that look like a gun to you?" she exclaims, stabbing her index finger towards the projection.

Last edited by JayRob; 01-16-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-16-2010, 10:51 PM
ProjectMoon's Avatar
ProjectMoon ProjectMoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-15-2019
RPXP: 1258
ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon
Posts: 4,828
Joe rubs his chin, looking for a non-existant beard. "Yes, yes it does. It appears we are being invaded by space faring fish people. Hopefully they're friendly... I don't think we could withstand firepower of that magnitude." He shifts his eyes back and forth, wondering if anyone got the reference.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Jordz92's Avatar
Jordz92 Jordz92 is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-17-2010
RPXP: 146
Jordz92 Jordz92
Posts: 993
"Especially without weaponry of our own... Just our luck to wake up just as we come into range of a space station that decides to be hiding some aggressive aliens..." John pauses, thinking. "I suppose the only thing we can do is try to parley with them, hopefully they won't mean us too much harm..." He grimaced at the thought.
__________________
Games Dm'ing: The Clash of Titans
Games Playing: Arias, Eternal Tides, Forgotten Things
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-31-2010, 03:29 PM
JayRob's Avatar
JayRob JayRob is offline
Spicy Meatball
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-14-2019
RPXP: 7198
JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob
Posts: 8,752
The red-haired girl's rural upbringing had taught her many lessons, one of which was not to go into a gunfight with a knife in hand. "No weapons? There's gotta be something around here we can fight back with!" she exclaims, anxiety creeping into her voice. "A big place like this has to have something stored we can use for self-defense," she concludes, basically repeating herself. A memory of her father's fully-stocked gun closet ack home comes to mind.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 02-11-2010, 11:31 AM
ProjectMoon's Avatar
ProjectMoon ProjectMoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-15-2019
RPXP: 1258
ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon
Posts: 4,828
Joe says, "I'm sure there's an armory somewhere, but I don't know if we have enough time to find it. Can we seal them in a part of the ship and ascertain their intentions? People will be more likely to listen if the possibility of being jettisoned into space is on the table."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB