RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 10:30 PM
"Not just a pretty face."

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15532
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
You're going to have to elaborate, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at with the blood thing.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4542
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
I mean something like... Tying the monster's life to Emily's... So in the event of a back stab, or trap, the monster shares her fate (though not in reverse).
Old 03-30-2013, 11:55 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
Hrm. Yeah, alright. I think that would work and fit in-universe--using the monster's blood to make sort of a hoodoo/black magic charm. I think it would make most sense for it to be something physical that Emily carries on her person, rather than some metaphysical connection, at least in this universe. Would require the creature's blood, along with some other typical black magic ingredients (likely available around the bar), and tied through a short ritual to an object. You can decide what the object is, and drop an Arcane Lore check for me for the ritual itself.

As long as Emily carries the object on her person, the creature it's tied to will die if the carrier dies. If the charm is removed from her person first (or otherwise destroyed, like a hex bag) the magic is broken. Does that work?

Last edited by Captain Devonin; 03-30-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Just fyi, my laptop burned out... Do I might take a bit to reply.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Ouch, sorry to hear that.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
So I have a very expensive brick.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry for the delay there, Mystic. I thought I was still waiting on you, it was so long since your last post... :/
Also, just directing people here toward my signature.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Sorry about that, I have removed the erroneous observation
Old 04-17-2013, 08:53 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Busy week-ish, kept running out of time to post here. >.<
Got one up for you now though, deleted my old one.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:23 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Alright...

I'm going to have to call this one. At this point, I'm sensing a severe lack of interest and unfortunately, I just don't have the drive or motivation I did before to try and get it going again. Partly due to outside influence of RL though, so what I just mentioned isn't the only reason for it. I'm going to be putting this game idea on a back-burner, not dropping it entirely, since I would like to run something like this... sometime, it just looks like right now isn't the time. You're all welcome to join back up when the time comes that I try to get this game going again, but I'm going to be honest in saying that... I don't expect it, so no hurt feelings on my end. Games just don't work out sometimes. I'm not sure if/when that'll be though, I have a few other ideas come to me over the last little while that have sort of jumped to the forefront for what I want to run in the future--games that you're all welcome to apply for.

Things in this game didn't... exactly go like I thought they would, and I see where I went wrong as a DM, so I've at least learned something from the experience and know where I'll be doing things differently in the future. I apologize to anyone still interested in continuing, and likewise apologize for how things have gone. That being said--if anyone is still quite interested in continuing, I wouldn't mind contining to DM this as one (or more) solo games. I still have all my notes and such. I just won't be trying to pull a group together and turn it back into a full game. Again, no hurt feelings either way though. Thanks to all of you for at least giving me a chance, I appreciated it. I wish everyone luck in future games, and hope they go better than this one did.

Now you can take it off your favorites list guilt-free if you haven't already!
(Just playing, just playing.)

Last edited by Captain Devonin; 04-29-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Black Magic Woman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3173
Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity
Sorry this one didn't work out, I wish you and everyone good luck with future games Thanks for running it while it lasted.