Notices

Old Jan 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Dresvin
Character Building: Chummers Unemployment Offices

Okay so here is were you are going to post any questions you have on building your characters. I think easiest way to build and share your sheets is with a website called myth-weavers.com. If you sign up with them they have a online character sheet generator similar to the one we use here at DnDOG. Make sure to use the one that just says Shadowrun and not Shadowrun 3e. When you have finished your sheet please make it public and post the link in the "Chummers Inc" Thread to consolidate the sheets themselves.

If you want something that calculates the BP for you and makes your life easier, check out This SR4E Character Generator. You have to download and install the program and the interface is a little weird, (hint: to add skills and things click on the bar directly below the space for what you are trying to add) but it calculates BP as you are going and if you are newer to Shadowrun does make things easier, then you can actually export your finished character as a HTML file and either upload it or e-mail it to me.

Lastly I am just gonna repost the Character Building details form the Ad Thread so you don't need to click back and forth:

Resources: I have access to: The 20th Anniversary Core Rulebook, Arsenal, Augmentation, Digital Grimoire, Runner's Companion, Street Magic, Running Wild, and Unwired. I am not picky so you can use from anyone of these books, I do ask 2 things though.

1: Try not to Min/Max the game into boring unplayability.
2: If you use something outside of the core, put a little parenthesis next to it with the initials of the book it came out of as I do not have full mastery of every single book yet. (Use AR for Arsenal and AU for Augmentation)

Races: Any and all available in those books.

BP: 400 (Feel free to use PACKs to speed up character creation)

All standard rules apply, no items over rarity 12 at character creation and so forth.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
jasta85 jasta85
I'll have mine up here for a review soon, couple general questions though (I must have picked the most complicated character make, so many options as a rigger)

1. I was looking at armor and was looking at the lined coat. It says it's like the old western coats, so could it be worn over other armor, maybe not full body armor but some of the lighter stuff like auctioneer business clothes or urban explorer jump suit? If not that's fine, was just trying to visualize some of the different ways to wear gear in my head.

2. I noticed in the sample characters "smuggler" and "drone rigger" which I am using as examples for how to build my guy, they have all their autosofts on their commlinks (or at least it looks that way). I thought each drone/vehicle had to have the autosofts installed in it, or can you allow them to use your commlinks autosofts through a wireless connection?

3. Does a drone with a weapon-turret built into it that has with multiple modes, either switching between burst fire and SA or switching between a rifle and under-slung weapon (shotgun or grenade launcher for example), need the weapon to be smart-linked in order to switch modes? Or does it automatically have that ability built in somehow?

Last edited by jasta85; Jan 14th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 06:26 PM
It's a kind of magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
mithneth mithneth mithneth mithneth mithneth mithneth mithneth mithneth mithneth mithneth
Can we have any contacts in Denver? Do we have any contacts in Denver? Any bonus bp for contacts?
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dresvin
@mithneth You can have contacts in Denver but no bonus BP, so if you want them you gotta pay for them.

@jasta85 I gotta research a couple of those to be sure, I will get back to you tomorrow, just got home from watching the UFC PPV.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
1. How do we determine Composure, Judge Intent, and memory
2. I can't find the weight for equipment
3. Do we roll for starting money
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jasta85 jasta85
to HuaiXin, in the rulebook it says there is no fixed weight for weapons and gear, it's more of a common sense things, like you're not going to be walking around everywhere carrying two heavy machine guns around with you. Granted, because their equipment is more advanced than today some of it is lighter, but if you want to get a general idea of the weight of certain gear look up the modern day equivalent.

don't know about the other two questions

UPDATE: page 149 of the main rulebook talks about encumbrance, the Arsenal page 44 makes some tweaks to it, the should give you the info you need.

Last edited by jasta85; Jan 15th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Insert clever title here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7981
LoveBug LoveBug LoveBug LoveBug LoveBug LoveBug LoveBug LoveBug LoveBug LoveBug LoveBug
In regards to Jasta's first question, found this on page 161 of SR4:
Quote:
If a character is wearing more than one piece of armor at a time, only
the highest value (for either Ballistic or Impact) applies. Note that
some armor items, like helmets and shields, provide a modifier to the
worn armor rating and so do not count as stacked armor.
Too much armor, however, can slow a character down. If either of
a character’s armor ratings exceeds his Body x 2, apply a –1 modifier
to Agility and Reaction for every 2 points (or fraction thereof ) that
his Body x 2 is exceeded. Note that this may affect Initiative as well. If
a character is wearing multiple armor items, add their ratings together
before comparing to Body.
I was looking at doing a leather jacket and some armored clothing or vest.

Last edited by LoveBug; Jan 15th, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
jasta85 jasta85
ah, well that makes sense, so you could wear two pieces of armor, one of which gives ballistic and the other gives impact and get a shared benefit, I probably won't, I'm a smuggler, not a gunman, so I don't go around in SWAT gear, I was mostly just curious. I'll probably take one piece of decent armor and give it a few upgrades (I've been loving the arsenal book). thanks for help on that, waiting on answers for my other questions before making some major decisions on my vehicles and drones.

UPDATE: Lovebug, found an exception to that rule in arsenal, form fitting body armor on page 48, it says in the armor itself how it is different. Which is cool because I wanted the lined coat (for the pimp factor + concealing stuff) but was hoping to find some way to get a bit more armor, now I found it, without having to get a full tactical kit heh.

Last edited by jasta85; Jan 15th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dresvin
@Huaixin 1. Composure = Wil+Cha, Judge Intent = Int + Cha, and Memory = Log + Will

3. Yes, go ahead and roll for starting money.

@Jasta85 2. Got this from Unwired: "Autosofts, which can be easily loaded and unloaded from a drone, allow the expansion of drone abilities when not controlled by a rigger, providing them with greater autonomy and functionality. So you have the autosofts can can swap them between drones. So if you want 2 drones to by able to use the same autosoft, you need 2 of them.

3. I can't find anything to contradict this ruling, so I going to say that a drone pilot with the appropriate autosofts is capable of switching firing modes and weapons. As is a rigger with the correct skills directly controlling a drone.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1328
HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
thanks
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 01:41 AM

Tools
User Statistics
WriterWade
I'm pretty new to the site, and trying to figure my way around. How do I post a character? Is there a character generating program I should use or just post my stats?

WriterWade