Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > Shadowrun 2050
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 4th, 2022, 12:28 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29047
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
I was gonna say, Annwyn is pretty much fragged unless the others win the fight...but she also brought it on herself by a) going into the facility, b) going into the facility again, and c) dragging heaps of attention on herself by literally diving away from a grenaded room through a hail of bullets while managing to avoid getting hit and shooting from the hip in mid-air to one-shot a guard in the chest with a lightning bolt.

I'd make sure she was down, if I were them.

Dragonslayer will be pleased.
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 06:11 AM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17495
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
Yep, subtle you ain't. I mean this in the kindest possible way, you absolute lunatics.

To go back to the numbers on that defending-a-ranged-attack-using-a-melee-defense-only-technique thing - yeah, they're a puzzle. Like, if it's a melee attack, why is the guard using their Firearms pool? They're a puzzle because it deviates from RAW. If you as a player were to carefully plan a ranged attack that uses extra resources (a complex action instead of a simple action, additional ammo) to gain extra benefits, and I said, I know it's not RAW, but I'm going to treat that ranged attack as a completely different attack, and remove the extra benefits that you paid for, but you still pay, you'd probably not be very happy because it'd trample both your agency and your tactics. You can't unfire someone else's gun, and shooting someone at close range isn't a melee attack (as the guy you shot at close range with an anti-tank round while he lay in bed in his pyjamas would have been able to confirm, had he survived).

The modifiers system of Shadowrun means that deviation from RAW has you pulling a lot of levers you didn't intend to pull, with weird and unpredictable effects. I really only deviate from RAW when the rules are absent or so unclear as to be unusable (or if I get something wrong, which I will then correct, and will correct to the players' advantage). A game as complex as Shadowrun really benefits from either minimal houseruling or, like, a lot of houseruling. I don't have enough experience with the system for the latter, so I go with the former.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 04:25 PM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
Folks, I must apologise for being slow - first graded assignment week is coming up and I have fully one thousand things to read and write and do. I will try to keep to schedule but may be somewhat sporadic for the next couple of weeks.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 05:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1811
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Not an issue bud. We do have a 'holiday season' rapidly approaching. Family issues, etc. to draw away our time and attention.
Old Nov 8th, 2022, 09:56 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
"Crossferatu"!

*wipes tear of laughter away* oooohhhhhh...s*** we're in a lot of trouble.
Old Jan 22nd, 2023, 10:07 AM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
Hey folks, I'm going to put this on hiatus now. I'd hoped to be further along than we are, but college work and work-work are both getting more intense, and on top of a prolonged illness over the last couple of months my energy is pretty sapped and I'm actively looking for ways to reduce the amount of STUFF I'm doing. The complexity of SR makes this a pretty easy candidate for that, unfortunately!

Picking it back up is likely a few years out after graduation, and longer still if I go on to a postgrad course, so hard to say when, especially taking inevitable burnout into consideration. But I will let y'all know when I'm ready. Been a pleasure playing with you, and thanks for sticking with me for the last 2 years!
Old Jan 22nd, 2023, 01:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1811
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
I look forward to hearing from you.
Old Jan 22nd, 2023, 03:48 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
Definitely had fun and really enjoyed playing and developing Annwyn. If you ever do pick it back up, count me in!

Thanks for all the great storybuilding, everyone!