OOC Game and Character Planning - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > Shadowrun [5E]: The Right Hand of G.O.D.
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 21st, 2020, 11:21 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1142
orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum
Im really sorry about the delayed post. Friday was busy with work and then a friends birthday party and then dnd went over time tonight =(
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 11:36 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum
Please feel free to socialize some during your dinner break.
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 01:04 PM
Kinda Machiavellian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5279
HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel
Sorry if this is a dumb question, i've been out of shadowrun for almost 12 years now but unless i'm missing something, how is Ston3r rolling 13d for logic+hardware? I'm curious about the mechanics behind that.
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 01:16 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
That's a fair question. Everyone please make certain that the provided character sheet/output provides a breakdown of skill ranks and bonuses rather than just total dice pool.
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 01:26 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
My logic is 6, my hardware says 7d. Is it supposed to only be 7 dice total?

I added a corrected roll.

Last edited by Classic Gamer; Nov 23rd, 2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 02:08 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Those are your scores, so 13 is correct. I would just appreciate a breakdown of the dice pool on your sheet so I understand better. =)
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 02:35 PM
Kinda Machiavellian

Tools
User Statistics
HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel
I'm assuming the roll you want is just a hardware roll correct?
Hardware X + Logic X , not Hardware roll (Hardware+logic) + logic.
In which case 7d is the total roll not 13d.
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 03:38 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Are you certain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5 Core p 129
When you see them written, the skill rating comes immediately after the name of the skill. Rating 5 Hacking is written as “Hacking 5” on the character sheet and in other game materials. A skill’s Rating adds to the number of dice you use to perform the action with the skill. The rules will call for the skill and an attribute to go along with it—just add the Ratings together and pick up that many dice. For example, hitting a Halloweener over the head with a metal pipe calls for Clubs + Agility—if your Agility is 3 and your Clubs skill is 4, you get 7 dice for the attack.
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 04:06 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
I am just glad that either way Stoner pulled it off. He would be a poor skill monkey otherwise.
Old Nov 24th, 2020, 12:34 AM
Kinda Machiavellian

Tools
User Statistics
That is exactly right.
The text is a wee bit confusing but the club + agility example is what I mean.
Ston3R has Hardware 1, from reading Classic's character sheet.
So hardware 1 + logic 6 =7d
Old Nov 27th, 2020, 04:55 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have fallen ill so my posting will certainly drop off over the next couple of days. I apologize, but even normal head colds just floor me. I do not know if it is covid, but at this time I do not think that is the case. Thanks for your patience. I will certainly try to prioritize keeping this game running, so please do not fret about the game closing; that is not the case.
Old Nov 27th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1296
UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord
No problem. Focus on getting well.
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 02:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1296
UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord
So how's it going fam?
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6068
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Peachy keen. Just recovering from the holidays. I think it might be more tiring not doing anything than actually going to see family, etc.

The wife and I took the whole week off, which was nice, but kind of disorienting. Nice thing is that I got a new bike: 2018 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited touring bike. Now we won't be aching for days after an all-day ride.

"The truth is, you're the weak and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." ~ Jules, Pulp Fiction

Last edited by Andor; Dec 29th, 2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 01:44 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10832
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
I hope orichulum is ok. It's been a while