twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 8th, 2008, 10:28 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30029
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
And I'll bring me dakka!
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
ManWithDoor ManWithDoor ManWithDoor
Lol! So, yeah, when everyone's character sheet is finalized, let's get some real planning down. The problem is without blueprints or a better interior layout of the Archology, we can't really give a more definitive playbook. We can send in the face and decker to shut down security, then send in the big guns and the rigger to start blowing the place apart. But besides that ... I'm outta planning.
Rule #4: Close air support covereth a multitude of sins.
Rule #11: Everything is air-droppable at least once.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Underground Train Driver

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
DrDiamond
Simkin, if you mean any problems outside of the fact that your character sheet is a god-awful shade of blue, than no, you're good.

ManWithDoor, you're good.

Let's rumble! And move all planning talk to "The War Room" so it's easier to find.
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Great Old One

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 642
Simkin Simkin Simkin Simkin Simkin Simkin
hi! sorry if I'm the hang up, I know that the decker is usually crucial for this kinda job (well any job really ) but I had been mulling things over, and can't seem to find they way to express myself, so I'll be long winded

First off, character background, 'Angel' is actually a full time employee of Renraku. Her job 'out of the shadows' is secured, more or less, as long as she doesn't mess it up. Secondly, Nina believes in the corporate system, and how it works, rather than your usual run of the mill, disgruntled shadowrunner, and she does not do jobs for the nuyen, but rather for the thrill of shadow running.

So this job to her is way over the top, for many many reasons:

- The Johnson wants to pay each member 250k nuyen. Thats a lot of money. No really. So it means the run is really really going to be hard.

- We're going to mess with Aztechnology. At their home turf in Seattle. Thats scares me (the player) no end. You have no idea. That place is not just a fortress, its s death trap. Heck I'm not even sure if our team mage is going to be able to stand up to all the blood magic and super significant magical defences of that place, let alone my own role dealing with their closed network main frame systems. So I have big doubts about this.

My issues are many. But the chief one is of character. Nina didnt really like the fact that I had to meet in the flesh with the johnson. Her matrix presence should have suffised, and if not, she would have rejected the whole thing. Bah, what am I trying to say.

Its my fault really. I should have tailored just a b&e kinda netrunner, geared for this one run instead of fleshing out a character, that is just not going to fit into this game. Hell even if I was on my troll, I'd not be too keen to head into the Pyramid.

So err basically, after all that long winded jazz, it boils out to this, I'm out. I know its a game, and as the gm you have the right to get the johnson to snub me character, but before she went down, she would have exposed the whole run to her own bosses, and ensured that Renraku was in the picture to run a shadow team on the tail of the true team, making sure they take the brunt while they whizzed away with the price. haha. Its shadow run after all

again my apologies, I've never dropped out of a game before, but I just can't find a way to carry on, knowing that the dangers faced by a character will be overly stressful to the player. weird huh?

Cheers!

Please refrain from awarding me rpxp for non-roleplay posts!
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Underground Train Driver

Tools
User Statistics
DrDiamond
No problem Simkin, I understand completely.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that this game is dead. If anyone really feels like continuing, let me know, otherwise I'm ending it. I'll run it again someday, but I think it would be better if I went off and played some actual games on here to see how most people run these things.

Without revealing too much of my plot, though, I will say that 1) I was not sending you into a death trap. I waited until everyone had a complete character sheet from everyone before tailoring the place. It actually would have been a fairly easy run (assuming you didn't mess up on alarms). and 2) yes, 250,000 nuyen IS a lot of money...a suspiciously large amount of money, no?
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
*sigh* I'm still interested, we may just need to get another round of recruiting going. I'd really like this not to die. But if it does, call me up when you start up another campaign. I'd be happy to help.
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30029
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Same deal here. I figure it's the holidays, all games slow down.
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 07:58 PM
Underground Train Driver

Tools
User Statistics
DrDiamond
Wow. People. How about this; We wait until after X-Mas (when I will have a more reliable internet connection), I re-tool the run to accommodate the loss of our hacker (using time between now and after X-Mas), and we go from there?

And, if need be, recruit more people.

Last edited by DrDiamond; Dec 22nd, 2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Works for me.
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
So are we going to try to get this one started up again?