Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > Shadowrunning in the South
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 21st, 2020, 12:34 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26814
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
C#ufe, Daniel Moniac
left-aligned image
Credit to aiyeahhs
Today wasn't going super great, all things considered. But at least C#ufe had his friends around. They were friends, right? As he hears the sounds of Imp messing someone up and seeing McFly fire his weapon down the hallway, the technomancer tries to do something to help, to slow down one of the enemy researchers. Weaving strands of the matrix here and there, he creates a net of distraction and binding that he casts at one of the personae he sees. It feels pretty effective, but really starts to take the gumption out of the little fella.

Turning to Dig-Doug again, his matrix fursona smiles. "Hey, little buddy... I know I'm asking a lot of you... I'll try to make it up to ya when I'm feeling better. In the meantime, can you hold this for me?" he hands the reins of the net over to the little gopher sprite.

Old Nov 30th, 2020, 11:28 AM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23196
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Valkyrie
right-aligned image
As combat was joined, the alchemist froze. No one on the team would be surprised by this. The awakened doctor usually did. It was easy to assume she couldn't handle the stress of the profession she had chosen to pursue, but the reality was, that the single-minded girl was usually overwhelmed by indecision. In her labs, everything was planned, calculated, scripted. On the operating table, there was little chaos in the workings of a body to a trained doctor.
But here, when faced with mortal conflict, anything could happen.

What if she chose wrong? Would it endanger everyone else? What if she didn't act? Would that have its own consequence? Val watched the others file out of their hiding spot in the stairwell...except for C#ufe who was doing that weird techno thing of talking to himself. In the end, it wasn't as much of a decision as a delay tactic. She cast a Magic Fingers, F6, 3 agil, 3 strspell, Centeringtracing runes in the air that showed themselves only to her and the astral, of course. When it was finished, she winced as the magic in the area 2 stunsurged and pushed back on her. She passed her shotgun off to them as if excited to get rid of the weapon. It floated in the air awaiting the next command.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Nov 30th, 2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 11:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1131
gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion
Akila
left-aligned image
Akila was happy to watch Imp's impressive acrobatics, but he realizes after a few moments that she probably needs backup. He whispers, "Let me help a bit..." and with a gesture, channels a little mana into a small wave that comes out of the floor, enveloping the three prone researchers.

Rolls

Current buffs: Channeling F8 Guardian Spirit
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 03:32 PM
YEET THE L33T

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18550
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
16-MAR-2080 11:14, All American Agricultural Research's Levy FacilityWhile Imp's storm of swings sent all three researchers to the ground, the two men having the wind knocked out of them, all three were still starting to make moves. And who knows - were she alone, perhaps they would have been able to raise the alarm, to signal that there was an intruder in the building and brought the guards.

Unfortunately, she was very much not alone, and the other shadowrunners came in swinging in a less literal sense. McFly's taser fired off as he rounded the corner, finding a connection through the ork before firing off many volts of electricity, the poor man seizing back and the faint smell of burnt flesh filling the elevator area. C#ufe's resonance began to coil about his prey, dragging on the limbs of their boring, ready-made persona and slowing their body in turn. However, Akila's bubble of mana that burbled up and popped across the researchers - narrowly avoiding Imp's toes in the process - thunked the remaining two researchers' heads down against the ground, arms still.

A moment of silent and stillness only seemed to draw a thin drip of blood from the elf's nose, although the ork seemed to be handling things a lot worse, still faintly smoking. Either way, though, all three were heavily neutralized, and it would be some time or a healing spell before they were getting back on their feet. As they were, though, anyone trying to use the elevator would find them quite easily, which meant storing the unconscious forms... somewhere.

OOCOutdoor Conditions:
Background Count 6ish
Heavy Rain
Dim Winds
Moderate Winds
Noise 4

Indoor Conditions:
Background Count 2
Noise 2

Combat over, all three researchers are neutralized yet still alive. Poor ork dude took the worst beating.

Old Dec 5th, 2020, 07:28 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
C#ufe, Daniel Moniac
left-aligned image
Credit to aiyeahhs
It was all over surprisingly quickly. After hearing nothing but silence for a second or more, C#ufe peeks his head around the corner. "Yikes. I know I say this at least once every time. But I'm glad I'm not on your bad sides..." The little human pauses for a second, looking at Val. "Well, I mean, assuming you're not too mad about the blood and all... You're not, are you?"

Without waiting too long for Val to respond to that, Daniel turns his attention to the trio of unconscious scientists laying about the floor. "There but for the grace of the Great Spirit go I," he says, remembering his time as an EVO employee. "What say we move these unlucky folks into the stairwell? We're headin' that way anyway, and us kids these days just hate taking the stairs..." He grabs the elf's shoulders and motions to someone to grab their feet.

Old Dec 6th, 2020, 10:41 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75
Qdave
[FIELDSET="McFly – Face"]
left-aligned image
STUN DAMAGE
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ]
”STUN DAMAGE” | PHYSICAL DAMAGE
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ]
PHYSICAL DAMAGE
Initiative: 7 +2D6

McFly smiled at the group, “Nicely done all. The stairwell should probably work for our purposes”. He walks over and graps the pair of feet to help move the elf.

"After these guys are tucked away I'll take a peek downstairs, be ready for back up.”

Old Dec 7th, 2020, 07:42 AM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Valkyrie
right-aligned image
Val followed C#ufe's gaze around the corner only briefly settling on the aftermath of the fairly quiet and brief combat. "Bless your heart," she said, touching his arm. Even in a whisper her native Jackson accent came across in all its molasses sweetness. "'Do no harm' only takes effect during treatment." She winked and took back her shotgun where it was floating in the air as if to emphasize she wasn't exactly adverse to violence. But it was actually to free up the invisible hands to help in carting the unconscious scientists.

She liked helping people feel better and even worked in a clinic on the side, but Medicine had always been a means to an end for her and after finding Alchemy it had been relegated to something she knew rather than who she was. Magic had subsumed that knowledge.

She 3 Hitslistened for a response within the bowels of the facility in case their fight hadn't been as quiet as she thought.
OOCRolls here

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Dec 7th, 2020 at 07:44 AM.
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 03:35 PM
YEET THE L33T

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18550
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
16-MAR-2080 11:14, All American Agricultural Research's Levy FacilityThe lack of proper gunfire had kept the scuffle, if one could call a one-sided beatdown a scuffle, rather silent, but the perked ears that listened for investigating workers did not pick up anything. Even the smell of singed metahuman did not seem to wander too far, the building's impressive HVAC system taking care of it with the industrial strength that a controlled environment along the gulf coast needed. Not that it was enough to take care of the humidity that still managed to creep in during the near-apocalyptic rainstorm, but it was putting up its best fight.

Imp did have to settle her ceiling tiles back into place and from there, the thoroughly thrashed trio of researchers were moved into the stairwell, and an extra sweep performed to make sure nothing was left behind, ears still peeled for more interlopers. And still, nobody audibly approached. Three stable researchers laid out semi-comfortably (or as comfortably as one can be laid out on a stairway's landing) and the group slunk down to the bottom of the stairs, Cletus taking the rear of the line.

Cracking the door at the bottom, McFly could only seemingly make out about the general sounds that had been present before, minus three of the employees. No voices were currently speaking and nobody was present through the stretch of the large room he could see from the door, but there was still the odd shuffle or sound that indicated a few metahumans, or possibly drones of some sort. No drones seemed to be active nearby from C#ufe's vision in the matrix though, so probably people.

OOCOutdoor Conditions:
Background Count 6ish
Heavy Rain
Dim Winds
Moderate Winds
Noise 4

Indoor Conditions:
Background Count 2
Noise 2

Old Dec 11th, 2020, 02:34 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12536
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Imp
right-aligned image
Art by Adalee

With the employees successfully dealt with Imp retracted the telescopic staff and slotted it back into its holster, stepping over the unconscious Elf and approaching C#ufe, whereupon she took her jacket back and put her arms through the sleeves whilst everyone else went about doing their thing. The rose-red hair upon her head slowly lightening into a Blush shade then a Powder blue.

"Are we sure the stairwell is such a good place to hide them? 'nobody uses the stairs anymore' is a pretty weak reason to hide them there... Then again, they probably would have passed us by any way, thinking about it." Imp spoke up, moving to correct the ceiling tiles and get them appropriately back into place. Imp then approached the unconscious researchers and began to sniff at each one individually, looking between the three of them. Imp's hair gradually faded from Powder blue to a Banana yellow as she fished around in the Elf's jacket, pulling out an ID badge and running it below her nostrils, taking another few sniffs. "Think there's something in here.. Datachip maybe? C#ufe think you could take a look at this?" Imp queried as she set about taking the badges from the other two employees and giving them a quick sniff too. "Yeah, in all three of them, probably a minor security procedure, I doubt it'll get us in anywhere serious, but it could make getting around a little bit easier." she added, standing up after crouching for so long.

"So what's the shout then? Up or down?"
Old Dec 12th, 2020, 12:51 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75
Qdave
McFly – Face
left-aligned image
STUN DAMAGE
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ]
”STUN DAMAGE” | PHYSICAL DAMAGE
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ]
PHYSICAL DAMAGE
Initiative: 7 +2D6

Mcfly gave out a small grunt as he dropped the legs of the researcher and help situate them a little better. He watched with curiosity as Imp smelled the IDs, thats something new, he thought. After Imp finished her unusual inspection he made his way over and finding the ID for the elf researcher, “This should come in handly,” as he took it from Imp. “C#ufe, let us know what you think. After that lets go downstairs and check things out. I’ll go first and let you guys know what I see.”

Old Dec 16th, 2020, 09:44 AM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
Valkyrie
right-aligned image
Stun track 2/10 (5 resisted), Physical track 0/9
The erstwhile doctor bent down over the ork researcher to make sure they were stable. Magic was definable, but every body's reaction to it was not. The same could be said for blunt force trauma. Satisfied that they were all not in danger of permanent injury, she stood back up and faced imp. She could never get over the kaleidoscope of colors that played over her and wondered what it must be like to be so...vibrant. Mousy is how one might describe Val. She didn't disagree with her, but didn't see much else to do. "This is the only place we know, for now, that doesn't have anyone in it. Let's keep to the plan and check out the facilities downstairs. If we clear it, there are plenty of hidey-holes to stash your victims, including these." She winked.

She let the magic fingers fade into the background at least as they were seen in the Astral. Taking a moment to try and Resist painreduce the nagging headache her spell had caused her, she held her shotgun in a downward-pointing ready position and nodded to them that she was ready to go.
Rolls

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Dec 16th, 2020 at 09:49 AM.
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 02:55 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
C#ufe, Daniel Moniac
left-aligned image
Credit to aiyeahhs
When Imp wonders whether or not the stairwell is the best place to hide the unconscious folks, C#ufe shrugs a bit. "If you've got another suggestion, I'm all ears." This was a much funnier joke in the matrix, where his persona was a large anthropomorphic rabbit. "Maybe you can hide them in the ceiling? I... would struggle to lift them that high, though."

All that was short-lived banter, though, because soon there was a new task in front of him. "Oohh! I'm not sure quite yet, but let me take a quick look at what these toys can do..." The actual physical gadgets were never C#ufe's forte, exactly. He had always been much more interested in function than construction. The details of circuitry and construction and compatibility were enough to put any young kid to sleep, including C#ufe. It just didn't compare to the thrill of existing in the Matrix and exploring and fiddling in cyberspace. Still, really mastering his craft required him to learn at least a thing or two about the hardware. So he looks over the ID badges and tries to sort out what the functionality of the chips are, using both his knowledge of hardware and some amount of toying around within the matrix. "I mean, I think these are just your standard ID cards. Access to restricted areas, yadda, yadda... They certainly look a lot like the ones I used at Evo. But let's just be sure..."

Old Dec 31st, 2020, 11:49 AM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
C#ufe, Daniel Moniac
left-aligned image
Credit to aiyeahhs
After a few minutes' work, C#ufe is able to report back to the team. "Well, it's nothing super exciting. Just your average data chip, except for one thing-- A lot of its capabilities are on-board; like, if we were to jam the host controlling access to a locked door, this card would still get you through that door. Tactically, that'll just make it harder to restrict movement around this here building."

Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 07:07 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12536
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Imp
right-aligned image
Art by Adalee
Imp nodded quietly at this bit of information fed to her by C#ufe, itching the base of her as she processed the procedures. "Alright, well I suppose this works in the reverse too then? They try shutting us out, we just pop them open with these? Could be able to jam the doors too, maybe? Jam'em in a card reader or something." she said, taking a look around the room once more before turning her attention to the stairwell. "Right then, let's get moving." she finally said, unholstering the non-lethally loaded Cavalier Deputy and adjusted herself to the weight of it in comparison to the previously used Telescopic Staff. "Alright, that's enough hanging around, let's go, I believe Mcfly here offered to go first?" Imp stated, her hair cycling through Banana yellow to a Powder blue.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Jan 2nd, 2021 at 07:17 PM.