Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > Back in Business
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 09:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50680
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
The mistress
right-aligned image
The group moves forward with their plans, trying to make lemonade with the ever-growing pile of lemons.

Dero messages the group.

<<Good news, bad news>>
<<Bad News, The Knights are on the way>>
<<Good News, You got me running interfearance>>

The decker doesn't elaborate, but it confirms the group's suspicions as they add a little speed to their step.

The man behind the counter's smile becomes a little more forced. "Of course, you're safe. Our resident's safety is our number one priority. Shall I page Ms. Wilson, or would you rather wait in the fitness center?" The man with the keys unlocks a side door and ushers a few people in before turning his eyes on the front door as he looks for another key on the ring.

Not wanting to be out staged by the razor girl, and with a fair amount of anger to vent, the Frenchmen scales the wall, coming to a rest on a ledge outside the target's apartment. The handholds weren't always where he needed them, but what was superhuman strength and mid-grade stucco for if not creative climbing?

Meanwhile, Poppy calls a spirit to her, but the currents in the area are too unpredictable, and her hold upon the entity is too weak to bend it to her service. She does, however, attract the attention of the wandering air spirit. It hovers a few meters away. It has no face, but she can feel its gaze upon her.

Cylla knocks at the door, happily noting the door is more form than function. It would not keep her out for long if her ruse fails. She hears faint clattering from inside, and a small screen blinks on next to the door. "Wait, did you say explosion?" A soft lilting voice emanates from the device. The tone sounds more annoyed than concerned. The razor girl studies her target. She's seen more than enough women of the night to know a professional when she sees one. This woman could have any man in the city, even a fair portion of its women, and her stance shows that she knows it.

Good luck and happy gaming everyone!!!
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 06:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18571
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
right-aligned image
Jackalope sighed inwardly at the various bits and pieces of information trickling in. This was not how it was supposed to go. Not at all. And in this case, they had made it more difficult than necessary all on their own. Guess we can forget about the “undetected” bonus.

>>>Ideally we’re gone by the time the Knight arrives. Preferably without leaving traces of what went down. Disregarding traces from the explosion: if you can get car and bodies (?) out of the garage before they get here, go for it, Sidhe. It does not look as if there’s going to be building security on the way to you.<<<

He hoped that he interpreted it correctly that both Le Singe and Cylla were pretty much already at the location. He had little hope of getting there himself in time to really influence things. So he decided not to complicate their eventual exfiltration by being in the way. Better to provide possible cover through illusions outside. >>>Don’t think I can get up to the flat in time to help. You two got this, Cylla, Le Singe. I’m getting out of here.<<<

In the lobby Jackalope squinted suspiciously at the man behind the counter. "You don’t sound so sure about that." He looked around, trying to seem unsure and somewhat afraid. "No, no, I don’t think so. Better go." And he made for the door, not quite running like in a panic, but on the edge of it.

>>>If we get the car, we’ll probably need to check for tracking devices. That also goes for our target.<<<

Last edited by Blackfyre; Nov 25th, 2020 at 06:02 AM.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 09:47 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29047
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Sidhe
right-aligned image
Sidhe stopped short, frowning and looking back at the car, doing calculations. Shrugging, she turned on her heel and headed back toward the car. <<<Affirmative. Heading back now, I'll keep you updated. There's no trace of the blast...it was a flash/bang, not a frag grenade. I'm rather surprised anyone outside the garage noticed it. My fault for not checking for cameras, but I assumed since they were trying to avoid notice for this tryst, they would park somewhere not being recorded.

Once she reached the car, she pulled her kit out and began rigging leads and wires, trying to jimmy the lock electronically.

She fretted with the lock for about two minutes, then began wondering if this was going to work. <<<How are we doing at this point?>>> she asked. <<<I don't think I'm going to be able to open this without making a mess. Any chance we can hack it?>>>

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Nov 25th, 2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 05:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4249
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Le Singe
left-aligned image
Once he's secure on the ledge, Le Singe starts trying to break through the apartment window. Hopefully it wasn't too tough, because he really didn't want to break out the machine pistol to get it started.

<<Cylla, keep on her from that side. I'm working on getting in from outside.>>

OoC Unarmed attack on the window. If it doesn't seem to be doing the trick, I'll break out the miniwelder. Failing that, it's Ares Crusader with APDS.
Dice Unarmed:
14d6smch5 2 ✘, 4 ✘, 6 ✔, 4 ✘, 5 ✔, 4 ✘, 1 ✘, 5 ✔, 4 ✘, 5 ✔, 4 ✘, 6 ✔, 6 ✔, 6 ✔ (7/14) 4⇑ 1⇓ Total = 62

Damage 9P + hits
Miniwelder has a DV of 25 on barriers.
Dice AGI + Gymnastics to hang on while using the miniwelder?:
16d6smch5 6 ✔, 5 ✔, 3 ✘, 3 ✘, 5 ✔, 5 ✔, 4 ✘, 1 ✘, 6 ✔, 3 ✘, 1 ✘, 3 ✘, 2 ✘, 6 ✔, 6 ✔, 4 ✘ (7/16) 4⇑ 2⇓ Total = 63

Character Sheet

Last edited by RainyDayNinja; Dec 3rd, 2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old Nov 25th, 2020, 10:23 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29897
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Cylla
right-aligned image

The woman came onto the screen and Cylla knew a professional when she saw one. Problem was that in the face of such women she was generally quiet. Well quiet and she popped out cred sticks like she was giving away candy but she expected that this woman wouldn't appreciate payment in quantities of ten nuyen each. Talking to women like this was already hard for her and one this high class was just too far above the girls she usually saw in the strip clubs she frequented most. So, it was no surprise, that her meagre social skills 0 hitsdropped into the toilet.

"Explosion yes, mentioned that. This one heard something and was worried about you. Not that she was spying on you or ah watching you or anything. I mean you're very pretty so would certainly watch you but not in a creepy way....uhm...ahh...just worried miss. About you and your safety...."

Last edited by Ysolde; Nov 25th, 2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old Nov 27th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21332
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Poppy
right-aligned image
Outside the Kannushi was still rubbing her temples, contemplating why the spirits had reacted so strongly to her. Maybe she had infringed on the space of this wild wind, who had poisoned the other invisible denizens of this place against her. It happened sometimes, but she had no strong need for retribution. She only undid spirits that were inherently wrong or evil, twisted against natural purpose.

However all that was beside the point, as the operation had moved on. The frenchman and the machine woman were procuring the target, though here Poppy wondered which one that would be: The congressman, the mistress, or both? There had been some ambiguity when discussing their plans earlier. The elf supposed it would be a surprise, and she liked surprised. Physically they could extract the both of them.

<Remember my friends,> she broadcast, wondering if the line was actually secure. Maybe she should be using coded language, but she couldn't come up with any on the spot. <I am at the back also. If you do need to get down rather more swiftly then trust in me. I can slow a fall, assuming you don't both jump at the same time.>

In her mind there wasn't even a little doubt that she could pull off her spell when it counted. Besides, it was only three floors anyway.

OOCStun Damage: 2
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 04:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
The mistress
right-aligned image
The man with the keys slows as Jackalope heads for the door. The lounge mage tenses for a moment before it becomes clear that the man is just giving him his space before locking the door behind him with a hearty cha thunk.

Sidhe walks from the unconscious driver and over to her grenade and picks up the spent cylinder, securing it before contacting the Dero.

<<Little Busy now>>
<<Talk later>>

The decker's words fail to inspire confidence in the woman, and she makes her way up the ramp towards street level.

Le Singe looks through the window, noticing their target's attention firmly on the door. Say what you will about Cylla's social graces, but she makes for an excellent diversion. The Frenchman eyes the window, noticing a smash sensor. He laughs. No one ever traps the wall. He thinks as he chops the stucco beneath the locking mechanism, giving it nothing to lock to. The window intact, the lock still engaged, the acrobat slides the window open.

"Right... well, this has been nice, but I'm going to go now." The target says, as Cylla hears a faint banging sound over the com before it goes dark.

The woman turns to investigate the sound as LeSinge crawls through the window. "Take anything you want! Just dont hurt me!" She says in a shrill tone as she attempts to head into the bedroom.

Poppy waits downstairs, ready to aid whoever needs it first.

OOC

Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 02:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Le Singe
left-aligned image
Le Singe chambers a round in his Ares Crusader and advanced on the woman. "Where is he?" he asks. "Give him up and you'll both live."

OoC Default Intimidate: CHA -1, +1 for Berwick suit, +2 for physically imposing (?), +2 for weapon.
Dice Intimidate:
6d6smch5 1 ✘, 1 ✘, 3 ✘, 5 ✔, 1 ✘, 1 ✘ (1/6) 0⇑ 4⇓ Total = 12

Ooh, that's a glitch. But I think I'll save my Edge and let it play out.

Character Sheet

Last edited by RainyDayNinja; Dec 3rd, 2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 08:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The Mistress
right-aligned image
Naomi's posture suddenly changes as her tears immediately dry. "So not a burglar at all, eh." She bites her lip and shrugs a strap from her shoulder. "I like a dangerous man. Political power isn't the same as... RAW...PHYSICAL...FORCE." She elaborates each word with a sultry flair.

"Oops." She says as the other strap slides from the other shoulder. "He's not here right now, but I can think of a way to pass the time until he is." She slinks towards the Frenchmen, every ounce a feline on the prowl.

OOC

Old Dec 6th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29897
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Cylla
right-aligned image

The vision of beauty vanished and Cylla was able to get her wits about her and listen to the door. Unfortunately it seemed that the secondary target was not, at the moment, with the primary target. She frowned and stood there hoping one of the deckers or magic users might be able to get more information because, for now, she was sort of out of luck.

<<Secondary target is not with primary. Friend Singe is currently questioning her. Any luck finding primary target elsewhere?>>

Old Dec 7th, 2020, 12:31 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21332
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Poppy
right-aligned image
<<Not there?>> Popp was sure that when she had "looked" into that apartment in question there had been two figures in there - female elf and male human. She had only seen the inky shadow of it, but from having rounded the hotel in meat-space she didn't feel like their target could have fled entirely unseen. There were not a lot of exits, and she did not assume the congressman was a trained athlete and escape artist. <<Hiding maybe - have you checked the closets?>>

Holding on to the handles of her segway the kannushi sighed, wondering what else could be going on. An illusion spell possibly, but she could not remember if the elf had been of talent.

<<I'll have a brief look.>> The elf eventually responded, just because her unique perspective might just be the answer. Not that she didn't trust the two runners up on location, but they did not have the sight.

<<If you need me to make you fly wait for confirmation - going dark for a second>> Poppy let go of her mind and soul, which detached from her physical form to zap upwards at the speed of thought. The samurai would be quite distinctive when compared to the elven woman, and she also somewhat knew the aura of Singe. So she jumped from room to room, sticking her face through the black residue of physical walls to make sure there were no hollow spots or hidey holes that the congressman could be in.

OOC
Dice Assenssing plus int, aura reading might apply:
9d6smch5 6 ✔, 4 ✘, 4 ✘, 4 ✘, 3 ✘, 5 ✔, 3 ✘, 4 ✘, 4 ✘ (2/9) 1⇑ 0⇓ Total = 37

Stun Damage: 2
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 03:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18571
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
right-aligned image
Jackalope kept up his acting until he was reasonably sure that he was off the building’s cameras. Only then did he drop the illusion and take a moment to change his astral signature again before heading to his motorbike.

Listening to the chat he was about to point out that Poppy had reported two people in the flat just a little bit ago, when the other mage beat him to the punch - which was fine by him. He got busy getting into position behind the building, where he would be able to cover the eventual egress of his teammates with an illusion if necessary. He also figured that he needed a place where he wouldn’t be as visible as on his bike, so he could already prepare a powerful version of his most trusty spell. >>>Dero, mind if I jump into your car for a moment? Need a bit of cover for some spellcasting.<<< That should do nicely. He could always get back out once the spell was active.

Last edited by Blackfyre; Dec 8th, 2020 at 03:41 AM.
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 08:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Le Singe
left-aligned image
Le Singe snorts derisively at her amateurish attempt to seduce him. He'd expected better. His stance relaxes as he sees she isn't intimidated. He pulls a credstick from his pocket.

"Our intel says otherwise. One professional to another, what'll it take for you to hand him over? I've got nuyen, and I've got bullets. Pick which one you want. How does 1000 sound?"

OoC Default Negotiate CHA-1, +1 Berwick Suit. Pre-Edge. +2 for threat?

Dice Negotiate:
9d6smch5 4 ✘, 1 ✘, 1 ✘, 3 ✘, 4 ✘, 2 ✘, 1 ✘, 6 ✔, 1 ✘ (1/9) 1⇑ 4⇓ Total = 23

Dice Exploding 6:
1d6smch5 2 ✘ (0/1) 0⇑ 0⇓

Character Sheet

Last edited by RainyDayNinja; Dec 8th, 2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 10:45 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29047
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Sidhe
right-aligned image
Sidhe checked the chatter going on regarding the mark. Frowning slightly, she agreed that the most obvious scenario would be that the target was hiding. However, the target was not an idiot; he would also recognize the obviousness of that plan, and the woman wasn't exactly trying to get the group out of the room. More like she was trying to keep them in... <<<Is there a way out of the room other than the door and window?>>> she asked the others. <<<A laundry chute, vent of some kind, crawlspace access...even a false panel? She may be trying to delay you while he escapes.>>>

She began circling the building perimeter, looking for any exit point the target might be trying to access.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Dec 8th, 2020 at 10:46 AM.
Old Dec 9th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The Mistress
right-aligned image
Annoyed, Poppy takes to the astral once more. The spirit was waiting as she left her body, but it made no efforts to stop her. It continues to follow at a respectable distance as the shaman confirms the other astral signature in the apartment's bedroom, its emotions unchanged from the last reading.

The decker doesn't respond to the messages, but the door does roll itself open as the lounge mage approaches.

The woman, noticing LeSinge's lack of interest, resecures her shoulder straps. "You're no fun, but neither is he. I'll take option one, thank you very much. He's in there." She says, taking the offered yen, before gesturing towards the bedroom door. "And with that, I think it's time I got some fresh air." She slides on her heels and grabs a shawl before opening the door to the apartment.

"He's all yours, sweety. Try not to mess up the place, ok?" She says to Cylla as she passes her in the hall.

Down on the streets, Sidhe takes note that the apartment was a central unit with only three windows. Besides the front door, the fire escape was the only other way out. There could be a hole in the floor or roof, but this was some philandering politician, not a crime boss or fellow runner. Drek, he parked in the building's garage. Congressman Grey was no mastermind. He probably thought he was smooth as silk up there.

OOC