OOC Chicago’s Own Pizzeria 'None of that soy crap here!' - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 29th, 2020, 09:31 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19052
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
I have a new sheet up. I have some cash left for now. I took a motorcycle for Cinch (because that is what she would have), but I have enough to trade in the bike for a car if we want/need more seats so Mortar doesn't have to do everything

I will get actual words to all my thoughts and put them up on the character sheet as well.
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 12:27 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6394
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Ok, so I think I made some mistakes when I first made Whisper

Apparently I had 4 Skill groups, but I shouldn't have any... Chummer5a lets me add up to 20 skill group points, but is not tracking what I should have...

I don't think I bought them with karma originally, because that uses up more then I have.

I'm still trying to work out how to make this work...

I think I should drop Wall Running, as a STR/Running (not Gymnastics) based power it's going to take a lot to use it, and then as Whisper spends most of her time invisible and moving carefully it doesn't make sense for her to suddenly be running along walls. She should be Assassins Creed-ing this Drek and that's gymnastics which being AGI is already good.

I could upgrade one of my other powers that I've gotten more use from, like voice control!

Also I have to initiate to get more Adept power points??

Silk you might want to have my powers noted in your notes.
Many grant me bonus's to defences in particular situations.

Chicago sounds like an awful place

And the CF zone sounds like the worse... Why are we here again??

I did have a fun idea though, Whisper could have hired a Trucker to get her from Seattle to Chicago. It ends up being Sheila, and right after getting out of Seattle, discover Xoch in her truck, as his new home is on the road with Sheila. (Sheila was one of his contacts)

Or maybe she gets a lift with one of the other party members?

Last edited by Ghost6442; Nov 30th, 2020 at 03:29 AM.
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 11:07 AM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23196
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Chuck's sheet is updated so I guess I'm ready to roll. Still working on his Chicago contact personality and stuff and writing up some backstory.

Chuck flew into Chicago with his meager belongings, so no shared ride there, Ghost. He also has a motorcycle (2 seater)
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 02:31 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25815
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
I do believe I am mechanically ready to continue. I'll work on the new background paragraph as soon as I can.
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23344
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Sounds good. I've been holding off on reading everyone's background addition until you get it squared away.

Also, I forgot to add one more thing that happened to the group as a whole right after Xoch disappeared.

This was origionally the next Mission :D
left-aligned image
Ralando
right-aligned image
Joey

After Xoch disappeared, the first job that came in was from Ralando. You remember him because he was the annoying man that tried to force his way into the pavilion on your very first job during the Freeway Park run. The job was simple; a Mr. Johnson wanted the security of his building checked.

You ended up taking the job only to have Cinch's fixer, "Joey," comm Cinch and beg for her help as a friend of hers was kidnapped, and she currently had no one in position but Cinch and her group to save him. In the end, doing a smuggler fixer a favor and having her owe the group one, plus payment, was more enticing than working for Ralando and testing his Johnson's security. He, of course, threatened the group and you ended up hanging up on the man, but as before, Ralando never did retaliate.

Yes, this will come back to haunt the group but not right now. Remember, this was two years ago, and honestly, it would just be a small event that happened in your past.

Edit: And I actually remembered to put this in my notes for a change

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; Nov 30th, 2020 at 07:07 PM.
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 01:57 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40802
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
I'm now in the same boat as PCB. Mechanics are up and ready and shared and public. I need to tweak my contacts and add my "transition to Chicago" blurb still. But I could hack a first post or two, whenever the game is ready to boot back up.

Think I'm GTG now? I kept my one Greenie contact. He never appeared in-game in any form, so it seems feasible to just port him to Chicago without any loss of continuity?

Last edited by Wynamoinen; Dec 2nd, 2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 09:29 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost6442 View Post
Ok, so I think I made some mistakes when I first made Whisper

Apparently I had 4 Skill groups, but I shouldn't have any... Chummer5a lets me add up to 20 skill group points, but is not tracking what I should have...
That's probably my fault. As the DM I'm supposed to help with things like this. But being a new DM at the time I didn't spot it.

I don't think I bought them with karma originally, because that uses up more then I have.

I'm still trying to work out how to make this work...

I think I should drop Wall Running, as a STR/Running (not Gymnastics) based power it's going to take a lot to use it, and then as Whisper spends most of her time invisible and moving carefully it doesn't make sense for her to suddenly be running along walls. She should be Assassins Creed-ing this Drek and that's gymnastics which being AGI is already good.
Ahh, my bad. I played with Wall Running only once before and briefly so I must have miss-remembered. Do what you think is best for your character. As you got NO use out of it during the Street Scum run I agree actually.

I could upgrade one of my other powers that I've gotten more use from, like voice control!
As a DM that is an annoying power But very useful!

Also I have to initiate to get more Adept power points??
I did a quick google search and as an Adept, it looks like you only get 1 Power Point per Magic point at character creation. Once I get home, I'll look in the book to see if you can use Karma to increase Magic via career Karma but I do remember that Magic is capped at 6 and the only way to raise higher IS via Initiation. I can't find/remember if you can just buy Adept Power Points. I think only Mystic Adepts can do that.

Silk you might want to have my powers noted in your notes.
Many grant me bonus's to defences in particular situations.
I'll do that.

Chicago sounds like an awful place
Yep!

And the CF zone sounds like the worse... Why are we here again??
This area has work for Shadowrunners like you and it's an easy place to get out of sight. You could even have diggs somewhere in the QZ. Though that would be kind of dangerous, and annoying having to bypass the QZ every time you wanted a Pizza

I did have a fun idea though, Whisper could have hired a Trucker to get her from Seattle to Chicago. It ends up being Sheila, and right after getting out of Seattle, discover Xoch in her truck, as his new home is on the road with Sheila. (Sheila was one of his contacts)
That sounds like an awesome idea, though I have already decided Xoch will be MIA for a time. You could say Whisper got Sheila to talk about offloading Xoch sometime earlier, or if you really want to have an encounter with Xoch, run the idea by me first before you pull the trigger. In the encounter, Xoch will be in Panic Mode with a capital P!

Or maybe she gets a lift with one of the other party members?
Alright, as there were no negative responses to me starting up the game this weekend, I should have something up by Saturday.

So far, I've looked over and approved Stranger & Mortar's sheets and looking over the others now.

Edit: I'll give a tentative pass to Cinch and Rinelle's Character sheets. I'll look over them in closer detail this weekend. I just want to make sure none get shafted like Whisper was.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; Dec 2nd, 2020 at 09:43 PM.
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 10:49 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23196
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Re: initiation, some GMs allow initiation at chargen and there is even a toggle for it in options. It would allow Whisper to spend 13 or more Karma on initiation and use special attribute points to raise her magic attribute. Just an option.
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 01:13 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Technically it would be after character generation. But yes, I'm allowing everyone to spend that +10 Karma any way they see fit, including Initiation.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 02:04 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
RP wise what would initiation entail?
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 02:43 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Honestly, I don't know

I've only ever read the Initiation part of the book once but I think it's a spiritual expansion of Whispers mind or expanding her knowledge of understanding Magic in general.

Edit: Like most things in the book, from what I remember it didn't explain it that well.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; Dec 3rd, 2020 at 02:45 AM.
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 04:03 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
expanding her knowledge of understanding Magic in general
Well, she's never had much in the way of magic knowledge, played her more like a sorcerer then a wizard.

So Initiation could just be her time learning off Rinelle?
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 06:34 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
I brought my book to work with me today and did a look through the Adept/Initiation section. It was surprisingly a short read. From what I read Adepts only gain Power Points in the following manner:
  1. Durring Character Creation and the Power Points are equal to her Magic score.
  2. Through Initiation but only if she grabed the Power Point Metamagic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost6442 View Post
Well, she's never had much in the way of magic knowledge, played her more like a sorcerer then a wizard.

So Initiation could just be her time learning off Rinelle?
Though Aspected Magicians are quite different from Adepts, I'd say it's possible.

Heck, I think it would be more likely, Rinelle made an off-hand comment or a joke and Whisper took it seriously

Edit: It will take a month to do(1 month/Initiation). But I'm sure Whisper could find the time in the last two years

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; Dec 3rd, 2020 at 06:37 PM.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 04:54 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
I made an information thread for Chicago in the Information Folder at the top. No interactive map this time, unfortunately.

Working up a post now.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; Dec 5th, 2020 at 08:24 PM.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 08:24 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
And a little over three hours later the post is up. <wheew> That post did not want to go together properly. I ended up having to cut out the job offer for later as I felt I was rushing it already by moving you to the meet in the first post.

Feel free to post a little back and forth before Mis Johnson introduces herself.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; Dec 5th, 2020 at 08:25 PM.