Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > Stormy Waters: Free Seattle
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 11:04 AM
The power of Grumpy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1740
estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling estradling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betabeta View Post
I made the same mistake -- I think at least twice Echo converted a major to 4 minors. Darn it, 4m->1M / 1M->1m really puts a premium on initiative boosting for those 'transition' turns where you have a lot to do without a major. Echo may need to start carrying combat drugs for when not in the matrix :-/
Heh the combat run definitely help us see how it plays in 6th ED. I mean I was playing a Face so I expected to be playing a support role in combat but it was like I could hardly do anything at all... Thus I had Squeak pick up some Jazz
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 04:47 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 327
Betabeta Betabeta Betabeta Betabeta
Yah, I'd thought 'meh, only the speed freaks will act at the top of the order, after that one major action is the same for everyone, no big pressure to get like +1d6 init' But there really is.

After Toronto I may see if Echo has the marks to invest in some bioware (logic and initiative), and the karma to repair the missing resonance. Maybe, I'll see. In the meantime I guess I should read the 6e addiction rules.
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 01:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2379
Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles
Quote:
Originally Posted by estradling View Post
Heh the combat run definitely help us see how it plays in 6th ED. I mean I was playing a Face so I expected to be playing a support role in combat but it was like I could hardly do anything at all... Thus I had Squeak pick up some Jazz
And yet it was the face that ended the engagement in the end

Some speed has always been important in SR but I wouldn’t say you were useless without. Not all encounters will be as combat orientated as DFF either thankfully
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 03:02 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
In some ways high init matters less in 6th, but there really is an action economy, and those extra minors let you both make more use of your major and have a better chance of not getting caught in a damaging situation. Quite a bit different than in 5th, but I'm actually impressed by how much they made it still matter without making it quite as spotlight dominating.

***Arialles, Hiruma Kohaku *** I'll be moving the IC forward not later than this weekend (but hopefully on Friday, time permitting), and will just assume that Lilly and Vault have arrived at the meet by then, if you haven't had a chance to IC their arrival. You can always flash back to that part.

Last edited by Betabeta; Dec 3rd, 2020 at 03:06 PM.
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 06:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles Arialles
Quote:
In some ways high init matters less in 6th, but there really is an action economy, and those extra minors let you both make more use of your major and have a better chance of not getting caught in a damaging situation. Quite a bit different than in 5th, but I'm actually impressed by how much they made it still matter without making it quite as spotlight dominating.

***Arialles, Hiruma Kohaku *** I'll be moving the IC forward not later than this weekend (but hopefully on Friday, time permitting), and will just assume that Lilly and Vault have arrived at the meet by then, if you haven't had a chance to IC their arrival. You can always flash back to that part.
I'll try and get closer in my next IC but even if I don't I'll pen her arrival at U93 at the end and go back and fill in the rest of the story by editing the post don't want to hold anything up!
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 03:37 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 209
Alrician Alrician Alrician
Quote:
Meanwhile, I am doing a little small talk

there is no need to go into it, from your sides.

Last edited by Alrician; Dec 4th, 2020 at 03:40 AM.
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 06:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Good... Lily is about as conversant in sports as I am... that is to say not at all
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 06:33 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
As a general question, is it considered rude to assense someone? Is something like that noticed by mundanes? Or is it more common among the awakened to do that on first contact? Or even common among friends/family ("Oh, I can feel you are quite upset and afraid, do you want to talk about it?")?
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 04:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
‘It’s rude to stare’ probably covers it. By all means do it just don’t get caught is probably the adage for social situations. Business ones might be more twitchy and family is up to you! Beta may have another view though...
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 06:11 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds about right to me. Hard to do mid conversation without being noticed, as it is a distraction. But when sitting there for a few minutes, chatting and maybe having a drink? Pretty easy to be a bit faded out for a few seconds without it being remarked.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 07:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Particularly with the prevalence of AR too, people glaze over a bit to focus on their MeFeed
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 12:00 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Was my first attempt with the dice roller, I actually didn't delete anything, just changed the name of the dice roll.
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5266
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
BTW: Screech normally has 12 dice to throw at negotiations. She has Silk at loyalty 5 which might add 5 to my dice pool. Then there’s 5 edge I can throw at it too. For a total of 22 if necessary
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 05:58 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruma Kohaku View Post
BTW: Screech normally has 12 dice to throw at negotiations. She has Silk at loyalty 5 which might add 5 to my dice pool. Then there’s 5 edge I can throw at it too. For a total of 22 if necessary
I think you meant to put that one into the Dark Nights OOC?

(we are all going to make this mistake at some point, I think!)

Last edited by Betabeta; Dec 6th, 2020 at 06:17 PM.
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5266
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Lol yeah that’s what I meant