Game Thread Running the Burbs - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > ShadowRun 5th Ed. Motor City Madness
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 4th, 2020, 09:52 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29047
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Spungen
right-aligned image
Spungen followed the trail of dead mutants, crippled bots, and shell casings to the entrance, noting her location to her teammates over the comm.

"Sumfink BIG just 'appened, righ'!" she told the others. "Wotever these fings ah, runnin' ou' of 'ere, yer can be' securi'y's already on aler'. On th' plus side, they ain' 'ave a lookin' fer us, an' they ain' expec'in' any fairy ter be gahn in, yeah?, instead of ou'."

Pistol ready and senses sharp, Spungen peered into the blasted entrance, looking and listening for signs of guards. "'urry up, you lot, I found a way in. Duke, can yer send yor drone fo'wahd ter 'ave a look-see?"

OOC

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Dec 4th, 2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 11:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2200
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
One of the two walker attack drones spins it's turret to face Breeza, a moment later something hits he turret with a round as it spins and clunks inside of the drone. The walker drops, leaving one that has been having trouble acquiring new target.

Duke noticed the agent at the end of the street, he was beginning to be worried with the sniper tripod on the hood of the black sedan. A flash left the muzzle of the the rifle just seconds before one of the two walker drones attacking Breeza drops and begins shuttering in the street.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 01:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2456
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
DukeCRAP! Duke gets the fly-spy to back away from the red gunk. He makes it shake around a bit to try to get the stuff off of it.

"Okay chummers. If you want to go in do it know! The garage is empty of threats. I have a drone in there. It is moving into the building now. Be warned. The building keeps shaking, which is causing glitches in my drone control inside the building. And there is red blood-like liquid dripping out of a vent in the lab on the top floor. It is acidic so keep an eye out and avoid any blood spots you see."

With a couple of flicks of switches he sicks the drones out front on the one active drone left attacking Breeza.

"Breeza get clear or you might get hit!"

The sniper drone targets the last active drone. After a slight pause to aim, it fires.

The other drone moves into a better position and the fires at the drone.

Character InfoDuke's Character Sheet

Last edited by Draidden; Dec 5th, 2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 10:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2775
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Breeza is unable to keep attacking, as she is forced to dive backwards to avoid getting into the line of fire.
The combat sense spell aids a little in this...
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 03:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
The walker attack drone fired, missing Breeza as she dove away a fraction of a second before. As quickly as the fight began, the walker is struck forcing the turret to spin. A second shot pinged into the drone's skeletal components splitting the modern day gargoyle in two pieces.

Duke lost all connection with his bug drone, though he continued to see
Old Dec 6th, 2020, 03:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
DukeIf he can he directs the fly-spy back into the van. If not, once the portal closes he jumps out and grabs the careful not to touch the spots the acid got on.

He then jumps back in the van, both physically and network wise. He drives the truck around to the front. The side door slides open and out jump the two doberman drones. The rush in to support Spungen, Trip and Breeza.

"Guys there is something nasty deep in that place. I think it is what is mutating these people. All I saw was claws, but it spoke to me. I think we should avoid that. Let's get in, find the lady, and get out fast. Hopefully he has not been mutated. My dogs will back you up."

Once parked out front he takes over the eyeball drone and starts flying it in through the broken doors.

Old Dec 6th, 2020, 08:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Breeza will stand watch in the garage to see if more defensive drones appear. She will not go further into the structure, as she does not know entirely what is going on here.
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 01:38 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
"Trip”

right-aligned image

Trip would have preferred a set up where the new element took out as many of these creepy corps as possible while they waited outside until it was clean up time. But it seemed that the lone gunman had to drive deeper into the complex to accomplish his goal of shooting more people, so Spungen had followed to up the ante on dead doctors Frankenstein. So Trip quickly commandeered one of the pistols and headed inside to add to the body count and see about retrieving the asset.

Old Dec 8th, 2020, 07:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Spungen leaps into the security office to open the primary access door before moving into the hallway. The hallway was dimly lit with low visibility. The sound of liquid dripping into a puddle in a monotone pattern. Vents placed near the ceiling stretching lengthwise down the hallway appeared to blead out a liquid as it slowly flowed down the walls into a dark thick liquid along the sides of the floor. The stench of ammonia burned the nostrils and lungs the closer one approaches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil Puddle by Wolfsingleton on DeviantArt.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	88726  

Last edited by Sarge67; Dec 8th, 2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Duke"On second thought, something in there is interfering with me controlling my drones, so I will leave the dogs outside with Breeza on guard duty and I will go in with you guys. Give me a second to catch up to you.

And whatever you do, don't touch the red blood like substance!"

Duke takes a couple seconds to put the dog and roto-drones on guard duty and recalls the other two back to the van. He then pops on his helmet and moves out to join the others, locking his van as he goes.

Breeza is the first to see him coming, what she sees is a man dressed in full boy armor with a motorcycle style helmet on his head. It is all black, even the visor. He is carrying an Ares Assault Rifle with a bandoleer of grenades and a couple extra clips for the rifle on his belt.

He rushes into the building and follows Spungen and Trip inside. As he moves he connects to the rifles smartgun system.

"Lets hurry and get out of here! This place is creeping me out."

Old Jan 21st, 2021, 07:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"I'll try to keep our escape route open."