Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > Shadowrun 2050
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 05:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1811
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!
Old Dec 4th, 2020, 12:26 PM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17495
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
You can't see it, but I am doing the eyes emoji at both of you

While I remember, could everyone please add an OOC summary list/table/whatever to their next game post to tell me what you're all taking from the van? I will definitely forget or miss stuff unless it's made patronisingly obvious to me. Thank you all!
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 09:32 AM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
Baxder, Anodyzed - is picking equipment from the van stressing either of you out? Need any help making decisions?
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 09:54 AM
Make me unknowing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4667
Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder
Sorry, no. I'll get my post up soon.
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
yea, just a bit, I have to go back through and see who took what, to figure what's left....
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Available Item Extras
x4 AK-97 Assault Rifle 10 clips regular ammunition each
x4 Uzi IV SMG 10 clips regular ammunition each
x1 Ares Antioch-2 grenade launcher
x1 Aztechnology Striker missile launcher
x2 High-explosive missile
x10 Minigrenade
Types:
x2 Fragmentation grenade
x2 High-explosive grenade
x4 Smoke
x2 Flash-bang
x4 Standard grenade
Types:
x2 fragmentation grenade
x1 smoke
x1 Flash-pak
x6 Armor Jacket
Size options:
x1 small
x5 regular
x6 Chemsuit
Size options:
x1 small
x5 regular
x6 two-way Micro-transceiver system scrambled, with headset
x2 Maglock Passkey Rating 4
x1 Digging power tools breakers, saws, hammers, etc
8kg Plastic explosive Rating 6
x2 Detonator cap
x2 BGM-9 catalyst sprayer 2 uses each

This is the list... I figured there were six armor jackets and six chemsuits and six microtransceivers so we all had one. DOes anyone think there might be an issue with the microtransceiver having a seventh receiver we don't know about or don't want on our channel?

Gunner would take a couple (whatever's left) of the standard grenades. Seems like the minigrenades go best in the grenade launcher (?).

Does ANYONE think we need to carry the missile launcher? And if so, who's going to pack that along?

Gunner will carry the plasique and detonater cap (separately) unless someone else wants the load?

Gunner would definitely take the AK-97 and half the clips if no one else wants them, and that still leaves the two UZIs.

I think one of the less combat oriented shold carry the Maglock passkeys.

We can all just for carrying purposes break up the digging tools and the catalyst sprayers.

Does Bothers want details on exactly who is carrying what? or are responses to this sufficient that we're bringing it all?
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
No worries! Want to make sure I'm not dumping a load of hugely confusing inventory on you and expecting you to know what to do with it

Minigrenades can indeed only be used in a grenade launcher, the regular grenades are for throwing. Hotwire's Roto-drone has a built-in grenade launcher, but Gunner is the only PC who has proficiency in grenade and missile launchers (they both use the Heavy Weapons skill, which he has at rating 4). Both types of grenade can be used to create an IED.

Armor rating doesn't stack (you always use the single piece of armor with the highest rating for soaking damage), so if you already have an armor jacket, then one of the items from the van won't do anything for you except possibly cause encumbrance and fashion penalties if you try to wear both at once.

You definitely don't have to take everything, and there probably wouldn't be much benefit to schlepping the whole contents of the van along with you unless there are travelling merchants in the sewers in Shadowrun (not impossible, but to my knowledge there are no travelling merchants in this particular sewer).

My current tally of the inventory is:
  • Everyone so far has taken (I'm including Gunner in this but not Alea, though I expect she will also take these):
    • 1x Chemsuit
    • 1x microtransceiver
  • Hotwire has also taken:
    • 1x AK-97 + 2 clips for Psychokiller
    • Distributed digging tools
    • one of the Maglock Passkey rating 4
    • One of the BGM-9 sprayers
    • Any mini-grenades that nobody else is taking (this will be all 10 of them, if nobody speaks up )
  • Gunner has taken:
    • 1x AK-97 + 5(?) clips
    • Distributed digging tools
    • One of the BGM-9 sprayers
    • The explosives/ 2x detonator caps

That leaves:

Available Item Extras
x2 AK-97 Assault Rifle 10 clips regular ammunition each
x4 Uzi IV SMG 10 clips regular ammunition each
x1 Ares Antioch-2 grenade launcher 
x1 Aztechnology Striker missile launcher 
x2 High-explosive missile 
x10/x0 Minigrenade
Types:
x2 Fragmentation grenade
x2 High-explosive grenade
x4 Smoke
x2 Flash-bang
x4 Standard grenade
Types:
x2 fragmentation grenade
x1 smoke
x1 Flash-pak
x6 Armor Jacket
Size options:
x1 small
x5 regular
x1 Chemsuit regular size
x1 two-way Micro-transceiver system scrambled, with headset
x1 Maglock Passkey Rating 4

(Please correct me if I've managed to miss/forget anything in this summary)
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Make me unknowing

Tools
User Statistics
Alea will just take the suit and xcvr, but would be fine with sharing the communal load of digging gear, and taking a passkey.
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 07:14 PM
Make me unknowing

Tools
User Statistics
I won't be able to post until tomorrow morning, likely by 0900 CST. Got a lot of RL going on yesterday and today.
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 03:23 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23196
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
With the DM post in between, I forgot to respond, Baxter. My bad!
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 03:28 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29047
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
You guys saw where Annwyn pulled out her phone and was using the flashlight feature, right? We weren't really wandering around in the dark anymore.

The glow stick works pretty well too, though.
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 03:42 PM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
With the chemsuits, the phone and the glowstick, you've got the beginnings of a banging rave down there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL_94zoqBKQ
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Make me unknowing

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
With the DM post in between, I forgot to respond, Baxter. My bad!
NP, thanks for saying so and picking it up now.
Old Dec 21st, 2020, 10:19 AM
Make me unknowing

Tools
User Statistics
Hey all, sorry for being a little too quiet. I'm really trying to wrap my head around the SR mechanics, especially those regarding Astral things. I still don't really get it, but I think Alea can contribute something here and I'd like to try Assensing the hot thing around the corner once she learns of it. Her character sheet says this:

Assensing INT +4
(Aura Reading +2)
Rtg: 6 Pool: 13

And my Astral limit is 7. So I should roll 13d6, and the successes up to 7 will count towards stuff on the Assensing table, right? Will doing that put me into the Astral Plane like Projecting did to Ann? Oh, and I suppose it'd be good to know if I need line of sight to do it.

It'd really be nice if online SR info (not to mention the rulebook) could be more clear and less interpretive.

Last edited by Baxder; Dec 21st, 2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old Dec 21st, 2020, 11:49 AM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
No worries - it's the holidays! People are busy! Also the book is big, and very confusing. And astral shenanigans are even more so. But at least you didn't pick a Decker, right?

Your pool is indeed 13d6. It's made up of INT 3 + Assensing 6 + Aura Reading (Specialization) 2 + Astral Perception (Adept Power) 1 + Enhanced Perception (Adept Power) 1. And you're right, your astral limit means you can count up to 7 successes from the total pool.

As a Mystic Adept, Alea isn't capable of astrally-projecting in the same way that Annwyn can (page 69, under the Mystic Adepts heading). MysAds can have Astral Perception, and they can also engage in Astral Combat, so quite how all that's supposed to work without being able to actually astrally-project, I don't know. But in any case, according to the CRB, Alea's way of interacting with the astral is going to be a bit different to Annwyn's. The spirit guards are specifically looking out for mages who are astrally-projecting, which is pretty useful for Alea who falls into neither category.

Lore-wise, I think MysAds appeared in at least one of the early novels, but they didn't officially show up in the rules until 3E (~2060), so Alea's particular skills aren't totally unknown, but they are quite unusual for the time period. Which probably explains why Aztechnology ain't really expecting 'em.

That said, you do need line of sight for Assensing and Astral Perception - everything that exists in the meat world casts an astral shadow (including, like, walls), so you can't look around/through corners with it. But Alea does have a respectable Sneaking dice pool, and you've also got 4 Edge points to spend if you'd like to boost your chances at any roll you make.

Last edited by bothers; Dec 21st, 2020 at 02:19 PM.