RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-04-2019, 02:48 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5149
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Made a second edit mentioning someone saving Saraseen from drowning, left open in case someone wants to drag the tiefling paladin out of the water, maybe give him CPR if they are feeling cute!
Old 05-04-2019, 07:09 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5378
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
All the applications look really strong. I won't have time to make another round of notes before selection, so EVERYONE, please make sure your app mentions:

For your character:
  • Name
  • Race
  • Class
  • Subclass
  • Background

And if your mother is alive or you've named an NPC:
  • Name
  • Race
  • Class and/or Background

Competition is looking steep.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1643
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Added a little background for Braug, regarding the mother, the step-father, and the mercenary captain, as well as the PC trying to be subtle about getting info on bounty's for Vrai's various children.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:06 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Selections will be noted some time Monday.

Thanks everyone to who applied!
Old 05-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Congratulations to tomplum, Odyssey, TomBombadil, Nikolas, Jim Faindel, & Empress Moth!

PMs have been sent with instructions.

To all the others, keep an eye on your inbox. If I need replacements, any of you could get tapped. I'm sorry I couldn't take you all.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1507
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Congrats to the winners! Unfortunaly I just missed the dead line but went ahead and finished my app, so feel free to 'tap' me!

Last edited by voodoozombie; 05-06-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:29 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Harkness
@Numen Wraith
I've included details about Enxisys and how I see her, though I'm happy to leave any game-specifics up to you.

Just let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know!

Edit: My apologies, didn't notice the last two messages.

Good luck to the players, I'd enjoy being further involved but hopefully your characters make it all the way.

Last edited by Harkness; 06-02-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:25 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Application Process:We have an opening for a single player character! This player will act as a hireling to the other PCs, and as such, the current PCs will be reviewing new applications and selecting a player to join them.

Application
Name:
Race: All PHB & VGtM, others on approval
Class & Subclass:
  • All PHB, XGtE, SCAG, others on approval
  • Level 3
  • See info in 'Role' section
Background:
  • All previously listed sources, others on approval
  • See information in 'Role' section
Role:
  • What are they hiring you for?
  • Choose one of the following, or take a chance on being creative
    • Survivalist: Leading the group through the wilds and getting them safely to the other side
    • Skill Monkey: Opening Locks, Disarming Traps, Bypassing Guards
    • Knowledge Mine: Providing or Procuring Information, Deciphering Clues, Reading Strange Texts
Backstory:
  • Who are you?
  • What brought you to this?
  • Sell yourself.

The Current Party
PlayerCharacterRaceClass
TomBombadilKyrisTieflingCleric
tomplumIggiFallen AasimarWarlock
OdysseyKadeScourge AasimarWarlock
Jim FaindelSaraseenTieflingPaladin

These PCs are all half-siblings and children of the fallen warlord, Vari, that used to rule the realm. The new ruler has declared them outlaws and put a bounty on their heads. They're fighting for their lives and could use some help. That's where you come in, if you're selected.

Character Sheet Stuff & FAQ
  • Starting Level: 3
  • Equipment: Starting by Class
  • Feats: Allowed
  • Abilities: Array established by current/former PCs: 18, 18, 16, 16, 15, 13 (Yes, they rolled these)
  • Players: 1
  • Posting Rate: Please commit to 2/week. Details on specific policy available.
  • HP: Max at current levels, rolled after
  • Sourcebooks: PHB, VGtM, XGtE, SCAG, MToF

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 09-14-2019 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
So the section on “character sheet stuff” says the abilities of the hireling will be predetermined by the players already in the game. Does that mean you only want to see a character description and backstory, without decisions on the applicant’s part regarding stats and class and such?
Old 09-14-2019, 12:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1585
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Ryess "DOC" DalGwysor
right-aligned image

Name: Ryess DoC Dal'Gwyzor
(Character sheet will be modified and complete later if select)
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: 3 lvl-Rogue (Arcane Trickster) (repentant of his Dark Past life... )
Background: Outsider
Alignment: LN
Ideal: People are only as trustworthy as you are valuable to them. Always strive to be the most valuable person around.
I am prepared for any eventuality; including the day my usefulness as a spy comes to an end.
Personality Trait: I was framed for a crime I did not commit, and seek to bring the true culprit to justice.
Bond: I am loyal to leaders, and see my role as a solemn duty and necessary evil to prevent anarchy.
Flaw1: Tend to talk with sign when able ... don't like to speak... cause it attracts monster. If he must speak, usually he only whispers
Flaw2: I am spendthrift, and share my wealth with the patrons of my favorite tavern.
A description of your character's personality : Ryess is now a methodic man but with the questionable way of doing thing. He seems to always hesitate to break the law, even if he seems to know exactly how to do it. When he does, he writes all the detail in a Purple book with the date. On the other side, when the book is turned over, it's a red book, he writes every life he saves or cures somebody. He didn't have a split personality, but his mind seems to be mixed up by that 2 sides of his life.

The Short Sad Story
BackStory: Character's past : In his childhood, Ryess was the one who was doing thing for everybody due to his lack of Physical fitness ...You know ... Bullying... So he was always the one in trouble because of the bully request of his accommodation "friend".

Soon he got skill and be caught, again, but this time by the local thief guild to do things way better. While a year past, he learns incredibly quick and gains status in the bigger league. But one day, on strike that has gone wrong and he has been caught and too strongly and wrongly accused of all planning and responsibility of it and the judge relies upon him with many other crimes ... Even with that little health, Ryess didn't "flinch" and stool no one... thanks to his incredible will.

That resilience brings him two things. Confidence and respect from the Black Fist. But he was Strongly reformed by the clergy of Arcana... now Ryess has difficulty to not take all note of all his doing, mumbling some word about a $%?# Justice Calculator'S .. or something like that. But for now, he must earn a new life.

He must repay his debt and show that he is on the good side now. He must work in the local tavern freely to earn the respect of the templar of the Church. Working hard all day and late night he does whatever the tavernkeeper ask him to do. For now, he played the game. He's a patient boy. He knows that one day, all that will be behind him.

The opportunity
Clearing the tables late a night, he ears some adventurers talking about recruitment... They really seem to have some trouble. They are searching for someone that can give them what they are missing to successfully get away with murder. Ryess think fast and it's time to write the next chapter.

Bringing some unorder drink at their table. He whispers, "it's on the house" he deposits the plate with the beer then when turning on the wrong side, he trips and falls on the bigger men. He excuses himself faintly, head down.

He returns for bringing some bread. And, with the same nervosity, he trips on the sword that was under the table and knocks another smaller adventurer at his departure from the table.

He returns with some honey's pot and even if passing on the other side his clumsiness makes him slip and fall under the table and the honey spill all over the paper note that the wisest man was trying to read in all this chaos.

Ryess again was trying to sponge his mess on the forth man and try to take his small bag of gold discretely on his belt. Just when he thought that he has successfully done his forbidden thing, a hand grasp him from the shoulder by the stronger man

" WHERE do you think you go now little one"

"nowhere" whispering

"You think you can steal my friend like that? without being caught? Pfff rats"

"No, in fact, I was thinking that it will be sooner"

"What do you mean SOONER ?"

Ryess put his hand under his too large rags and get out three smalls bags that the owner has around the table and the only thing he was able to do being grab in the air, was to let them fall on the spill table.

The nearly empty tavern was quiet. That let Ryess continue to whisper:

"Now that I have your attention, I will be able to shut up and let you read what it in your pocket... that's a part of my story. Please bring me with you ... else..." He become sad "... since I have broken the "Black book" I will report myself end they will throw me in jail for good."

Ryess stop whispering and point the pocket of the second men he stole. The men pull out a book that has one side black cover and the other, red.

Before those present days written in the Book
BLACK Side: there are many stories written in a sure scripture about many time he cheats the laws. Mostly theft, and one murder... but this one written with handshaking.

RED Side: Their's story about good deed with numbers in the title that fits with the number of the page of the black book side. Some story about freeing a slave from jail. Helping them to find some food in the wood after helping them to escape

The MIDDLE: Right in the middle there is a signet the bring attention. There, he records that he came from the region outside of the territories, there a map from all the place he seems to have been. with some red mark and black one scatter here and there... There is no way a young boy of early fourteen can actually see all those places yet. But did he did it?

He right something about his mother that was never returned from a dangerous journey. He was only six-year-olds. After one month he has fled the tribe village searching for her. He was lost and never return too. He writes her promises to never come back until he will find her.

There is a passage where he falls upon a field of dead soldiers after a war. he successfully stabilizes two and protects them from wolfs with fire. Bringing them some fruit gather around. He does that for three days before they were in sufficient health to return to the city. It's there that the Thieve's Guild put there hand on him that where all his bad story get out before he's been caught and re-educate for the Baron minions.

Last edited by KhamLuc; 09-18-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:58 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire64 View Post
So the section on “character sheet stuff” says the abilities of the hireling will be predetermined by the players already in the game. Does that mean you only want to see a character description and backstory, without decisions on the applicant’s part regarding stats and class and such?
I could have given you the scores at the time, but I was in a rush to go see Mark Knopfler at the time. The post has been edited to reflect the array.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
This is a 'repurposed' character I liked from a campaign that died.
Application
Name: Regnar
Race: Human (Variant)
Class & Subclass: 3rd level Rogue(Thief), with Observant feat
Background: Folk Hero
Role: Regnar is strong in Survival and knows something about Animal Handling and Nature, making him useful for a Survivalist role. He is strong in Stealth as well as Perception, making him a useful rogue-monkey against guards and traps. A strong Investigation skill will help with deciphering clues.

Last edited by Solitaire64; 09-14-2019 at 03:23 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:57 AM
Ein Úlfur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6270
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Interested!
Application, Complete Pending Feedback
right-aligned image
Character Name: Ludra
Race: Ghostwise Halfling
Class: Druid, Circle of Spores
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Personality Traits: I've been isolated for so long that I rarely speak, preferring gestures and the occasional grunt or telephatic message. Yeah, you heard that right. I'm the voice inside your head.
Ideal: Survival. I do what needs to be done to survive; and I ain't picky about what I eat.
Bond: My tribe was displaced and wiped off of the face of this earth. One day I will make those scum pay for that.
Flaw: Now that I've returned to the world, I enjoy its delights a little too much.
Hermit
Role: Survivalist. I know my way around swamp or forest. Just don't tell me to haggle with the potion seller if you know what's good for him.

Backstory: Ludra lived with her small tribe of nomadic halflings deep in the swamplands, long before the cruel Fenmire swept through the region and subjugated or decimated every single community he thought was in the way. According to the elders, their patron Zuggtmoy, the Lady who taught them of the power of madcap mushrooms they so heavily consumed, would protect them from any and every would-be conqueror.

They were wrong.

The girl barely escaped with her life; something that the rest of her kin were unfortunate enough not to experience. The name of the man responsible for the raid on their underground dwelling burned in her memory: Elijah.

Ever since, Ludra learned to live off of the harsh land, eking out a solitary existence by using every possible resource available to her, including the dead. She managed to master the art of cultivating her mushrooms in decaying flesh, and therefore always had a steady supply of her much-needed substance. What she actually used them for was anyone's guess, but Ludra could oft be seen munching on them at any time of the day, sometimes with a stupid grin on her face.

On the rare occasion that Ludra ventured into a small halfling village far from her original home, she heard of the bounty the general had placed on the illegitimate children of Vari Fenmire. With a little luck and stalking, the halfling managed to find not one, but four of the bastards all together, in need of a guide through the wilderness. Curious to know if any of them deserved to live, Ludra stepped forward and offered her expertise.

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; 09-17-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:36 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28
Dirty Magic
left-aligned image
Here's my proposed character. I created him for a “fairy tale” campaign but he's honestly one of the most fun characters I've ever played and he's kind of perfect for you, I think. (You can see his debut here. The game crumbled pretty quickly, unfortunately)

You guys have primarily intense characters intrinsically involved in an intense plot. You want a hireling? Jack's a hireling. He's involved in his own crap but he's definitely interested in the beer money and he's a sucker for a complicated situation. He'll get deeply involved without vying for the spotlight and also brings a lot of potential for DM shenanigans. He's fun, sometimes dark, and he can be packed full of stealthy and persuasive skills. Check him out:

Name: Jack Spriggans, and Ankoduma the Harp (Uma)

Basic Concept: (Lore Bard, Human Variant, Urban Bounty Hunter Background, Total Knowledge Mine) Off in a far away land, young Jack was swindled by an unscrupulous merchant which lead to him climbing a beanstalk and liberating an extra-dimensional being in the form of a harp. Jack has PTSD from his experiences up the beanstalk. He is a borderline alcoholic wandering the world trying to understand, atone, and avenge. He's a little compulsive. He learns and talks and listens and remembers. He's charismatic and funny and dramatic, his stories ramble but are coincidentally full of knowledge and insight. Uma the harp is a multi-dimensional chaos-being that has symbiotically bonded with him. Her songs are magic. Together, they are a bard. Perhaps the best bard you'll ever hire.

Character sheet to follow, if this isn't too out there for you.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:16 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
@KhamLuc: Sorry, no multiclassing. I should have specified that earlier.
@DanshiiWithWulfs:
  • Circle of Spores, yes.
  • Revised Ranger, No.
  • Ghostwise, yes.
  • Sorry, no multiclassing. I should have specified that earlier.
@Solitaire64: I don't see any changes needed.
@Dirty Magic: Looks like a good start. If you could please translate all that info into the format provided, that'd be perfect.

@Everyone: Applications are still open. I'll give a few days for the above edits or completely new applications, then I'll ask my players to make a decision.