RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1430
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
I've noticed my application is with status WIP. Do I need to add anything more to consider it finished?
Old 05-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1723
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZazoAndrov View Post
I've noticed my application is with status WIP. Do I need to add anything more to consider it finished?
I'm not seeing a Destiny suggestion, but that may be an issue with the Secret tag and not that it isn't complete.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1430
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Ben View Post
I'm not seeing a Destiny suggestion, but that may be an issue with the Secret tag and not that it isn't complete.
Oh, I am sorry, forgot that in the advertisement threads just typing secret does not show it to the DM Fixed!
Old 05-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15046
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Vital Statistics
left-aligned image

Bessa T'vari

Zabrak Engineer [Astrotech]

Chaotic Balanced with Light Ambitions

Keen Eyes, Deft Hands and a Bad Attitude

Short and thin, Bessa's frame represents a lifetime of malnourishment and struggle. While narrow shoulders and a low stoop make thieving easier, it does nothing to aid in manual labor. No matter how much she eats these days, her body seems unable to catch up from the rationed consumption of her childhood and she struggles to keep up in athletic endeavors. This has led her to watch her surroundings carefully and trust little, as fleeing pursuit hasn't ended well for her in the past.

Her skin is ashy white against sections of darker gray, separated by lines running vertically down her face. She's had the tattooing since her earliest recollections and holds to the idea that it was a gift from her birth parents. Her hair is kept loose and short, small horns protruding from the red strands along the crown of her head. Her eyes are deep set under a heavy brow and the irises are a bright amber in hue. Her hands and forearms are a network of thin, faded scars and fresh scabs, a frequent result of her mechanical work in tight places.

Blood and RustBackground: Scoundrel
Personality Trait: I am as quick with a joke as I am with an insult. Harboring deep concerns about her own self-worth has pushed Bessa to hone her skill in rapid repartee, both to keep her marks off balance and to bluster over her own feelings of inadequacy. Anyone who can keep toe to toe with her on snide comments is likely to earn her admiration.
Ideal: Anything bad can be made good, anything good can be made better. Bessa grew up on the idea that trash can become treasure in the right hands. She is constantly on the hunt for ways to change or improve basic items and ideas. It isn't healing people that pushes her towards her skill in medicine, but rather innovating new ways to administer that healing. Technology is amazing but what if it could be even more amazing?
Bond: I have come to regret my past and long to make up for my mistakes. Turning Paka over to the bounty hunters, stealing the comm codes that led to Anton's ambush. These are the big regrets but once the flood gates were opened she began to see how even the small cons and thefts have hurt people who didn't deserve it. Trying to become a better person is nearly impossible on Nar Shaddaa but with enough money to get out of Hutt Space she could really turn her life around.
Flaw: I lash out when I'm made to feel inferior. Nothing grates on Bessa more than people who think they're better than she is. The reality that most of the people she pins this on don't feel that way and it is her own inferiority complex and deep-seated conflicts with her past behavior that make her think it is often lost on her. When faced with a snide comment or someone pointing out a flaw in her work, she frequently reacts with explosive anger or sullen disdain.

Dragon Heist Experience: I'm familiar with the concept of the adventure but I've neither read nor played in it.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 05-11-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:37 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2706
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I couldn't resist. Added a picture of my character Major Art'ery from the Star Wars: The Old Republic game. Using it for Anton's past exploits

Edit: @Quick Ben
I realized what I came up with for Anton's Destiny would not really happen until episode six. If you want me to make up a different Destiny just let me know and I'll get right on it.

POSTING STATUS: Sunday-Wensday: Normal, Thursday: Questionable, Friday & Saturday: Limited Posting.

Last edited by Silk; 05-11-2019 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15046
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
And I believe I've got all the requested information in the app now. Very excited to see this unfold.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa
Old 05-12-2019, 04:06 PM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Everyone, here is a list of the usual suspects at the Slag Pit, the Nar Shaddaa cantina where our adventure begins. If you've applied to the game, feel free to consider who you might already know and how from this friendly assortment.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:30 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2706
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Okay, my Application is finished. I think I tinkered with it enough.

I hope you didn't read it yet Quick Ben as I added/changed something in almost every part of it. Most changes were small, some were big enough to add another paragraph(i.e.: Anton's Background). I also formatted my RP Sample to how I post in almost all my games. (I'll be adding a pic in TT once I get home and can edit the pic Done)

POSTING STATUS: Sunday-Wensday: Normal, Thursday: Questionable, Friday & Saturday: Limited Posting.

Last edited by Silk; 05-13-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:49 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7093
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
@QB: Just to clarify, would you like our apps to include 1 or 2 of the usual suspects in a separate heading for contacts or something?
Old 05-13-2019, 09:19 AM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontageManiac View Post
@QB: Just to clarify, would you like our apps to include 1 or 2 of the usual suspects in a separate heading for contacts or something?
No need to update your applications at this point with less than a week left. But it will be one of the first things we do in Session 0 so worth thinking about in advance.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:25 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
quick update with the buddy list
Old 05-13-2019, 08:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 241
gravitywolf gravitywolf gravitywolf
alright, and here's my proverbial hat I'm tossing into the proverbial ring!

Cydonis Zummir
right-aligned image

Name: Cydonis (Yaaven Zummir)
Race: Iktotchi
Class: Engineer (Armstech) [Spacer]
Alignment: Chaotic Light
Personality: Named after an Iktotchian trickster god, Cydonis can... Fit the bill. Daring and dashing alike, his years spent as a racer and a good-for-nothing have shaped him to be an amicable, if not questionably reliable sort. He is always cool and collected, even at the worst of times, a trait considered very Iktotchian. While he doesn't find it odd to keep his cards to his chest, this combined with his foolish persona can quickly become grating to allies and enemies alike, who might prefer someone more straightforward.
Appearance: Cydonis stands at around 5’9”, bearing the signature marks of an Iktotchian- in particular the two downward swooped horns and the somewhat mottled orange-pink skin that they often had. Fit from years spent on the windswept dunes of the moon Iktotch, Cydonis has the appearance of any other spacer, preferring light jackets and outfits to allow him to be mobile. That's not to say he doesn't enjoy a sense of flashiness, and indeed he has been seen with nicely cut cloaks and other accessories that give him the appearance of some sort of well-off gambler or smuggler.
Destiny:
Have you played/read Waterdeep: Dragon Heist before? Passingly familiar with the setup but I’ve purposefully kept my info on it very limited to one day enjoy it as a campaign setting proper.
Brief Background:

RP Sample
"Alright, since Cy here put in his bet, let's get yours Zeek." Teased the Trandoshan to the Rodian, who immediately gave him a stink eye. Cydonia's corner of the Slag was one filled with sabacc- and his two friends, Zeek and Kyrm, were no exceptions. He gave Bonnie a passing glance and a grin, holding his cards close to his chest. "Aye, I heard something about the Empire being in a frenzy. Just means an easier life for the rest of us, yeah?" The Iktotchi's grin was almost contagious, as both the Trandoshan and Rodian laughed at this words. "Down with the Empire!" They cheered amongst themselves, though the atmosphere was thick with apathy around the spacers. Truthfully, so long as they had themselves, they were fine.

"I'll take whatever's on tap tonight," motioned Cy as he slid a couple of cred sticks to Bonnie. "Make it triple, these boys need to get their drinks in too." That sent them into a frenzy, and he could hear them bicker between themselves as they tried to settle how much to put into the pot. It was enough for him to lean forward, eyeing Bonnie with a glint in his eye. "...by the way, if you hear any whispers out there about a runnin' job people are looking to do, you pass 'em my way, yeah?" He gave her a wink as she was sent off, the spacer returning to focus on the task before him: beating his friends out of their credits the good ol' fashioned way.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:46 AM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1239
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Posting interest. Would you allow a re-skinned Falleen? The PDF didn't have rules for a Zeltron, but they are similar in that they both have a pheromones ability.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Zeltron/Legends

Last edited by Superstrength79; 05-15-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:06 AM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
Posting interest. Would you allow a re-skinned Falleen? The PDF didn't have rules for a Zeltron, but they are similar in that they both have a pheromones ability.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Zeltron/Legends
If it is just a straight re-skin, then certainly feel free! If you want to make changes, we can discuss, but it should be pretty straightforward to maintain balance on race features. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Freelance Bum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1002
TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Cristain

Race: Miraluka

Class: Consular

Alignment: Balanced Chaotic

Personality: Cristain is affable, and has a certain charm about him, but seems a bit meek. He keeps his head down, and most people pass him by with little notice. Look closer, though, and he has the traits of a predator. Cautious. Methodical. Calculating. A man used to getting what he wants, though any means. Yet he can also be kind, gentle even. Deep down, he wants to be better than his history. He’s still trying to figure out how.

Appearance: Cristain is not much to look at. He appears to be a typical human, albeit one who is thin and pale. His honey-colored hair is kept at a messy shoulder length. He dresses in simple clothes, and wears a blindfold over where most people keep their eyes.

Background Criminal (Hired Killer)

Backstory Living under the Hutts can be difficult at the best of times. It’s easier if you have a talent. And Cristain has proven to be quite talented.

Born a slave in the palace of Marlo the Hutt, he and his twin sister Tristia didn’t expect much out of life. He would be destined for little more than a hard life and an early death. The best she could hope for was a kind master. But all that changed when Marlo discovered that all Miraluka are force sensitive - and that was something Marlo could make use of. What was thought to be no more than a couple of blind but surprisingly capable slaves could be forged into weapons. Sent away to be trained, Cristain and Trisitia suddenly found their prospects to be greater than they could have dreamed.

Finding a force sensitive willing to train children to be killers couldn’t have been easy, but Marlo had vast resources. Where she came from, or what her name was, Cristain never knew. They called her The Countess, and she was a harsh master. As time went on, it became clear that Cristain was stronger in the force than his sister. Where he excelled, she struggled. He tried to protect her, to hide her failures. But The Countess was not long fooled. Cristain was punished for lying. Trisitia was deemed a failure and shipped back to the slave markets. Before they took her away, he swore to find a way to reunite with her.

The training progressed relentlessly. Every day The Countess found some new flaw. Every day there were punishments. How long this went on for is impossible to say. But finally, after an eternity, he was deemed ready for fieldwork. His mission - assassinate a target on Nar Shaddaa. Don’t get caught or die in the process. It was time to see if Marlo’s investment would see any returns.

The mission was a success. As was the next. And the one after. And so on. Though he took no pleasure in killing, Cristain did what he was trained to do. As long as he left no witnesses, no one would ever suspect the thin, blind beggar to be an assassin. He carried no weapons. He wore nothing but simple clothes. He was, effectively, invisible. The force was the only tool he needed.

After a few years working as Marlo’s personal hitman, Cristain earned his freedom. A young man who knew nothing but how to kill. Despite all of his attempts to do something - anything - else, it wasn’t long until he returned to the only career field he has ever known. Basing himself on Nar Shaddaa, he now works as an intermediary between clients and assassins. Sometimes he’ll take accept a job himself. He mainly operates around Hutt space. The Empire doesn’t look kindly upon contract killers. Or force users. He works hard to maintain that particular secret, though a few people close to him are aware of it. Yet, after everything he’s been through, Cristain has never forgotten his promise to his twin. Much of his free time is spent trying to locate Trisitia. If he can just find her and raise enough credits, he can buy her freedom. And they can be reunited at last.

RP Sample (not a writing sample): The Slag Pit was loud tonight. The normally raucous cantina seemed to have found a new level of chaos. Everyone was laughing a little too loud, fighting a little too quickly and glancing around with that furtive air that only real dregs could achieve. The news had finally filtered down to their level: the Empire had lost some sort of battle and Darth Vader was missing and presumed dead at the hands of the Rebels.

Bonnie, the human barmaid, deftly maneuvered through the crowd. Slipping into your relatively quiet alcove with what could only be some sort of esoteric Force technique. She cocked out one hip to hold her serving try and smiled down at you. "You heard the news?" she gossiped, rolling her eyes. "What can I getcha, hun?"

Cristain turned his head towards the sound automatically, as if trying to place the source. He smiled faintly. "Difficult not to. It’s all anyone can speak of. The empire, defeated. Lord Vader, dead. And no doubt we’ll all wake up tomorrow to find an extra million creds in our bank accounts." he responded in his low, smooth voice. He gave a slight chuckle.

"I do believe I shall partake of the finest juma juice you can find. Oh, and some dewback stew. My client has had a good week." He was fond of this place. They had known him when he was supposedly a poor beggar. They had been kind to him. Now, it was where he conducted most of his business. Almost a home, if one can have a home on a place like Nar Shaddaa. Cristain leaned back in his seat. Yes, it had been a good week. With luck, the next one would be even better.

Destiny:

Have you played/read Waterdeep: Dragon Heist before? No

Oath Taker