RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1839
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I don't quite know what you mean by Alternate and Hybrid. Core and Basic races and Advanced Race and Players guides make sense, as does Unchained.

Also, for a background, would you allow a character who strayed into a portion of the First World (or some similar magical realm) where time is not quite in synch, and suddenly aged when he returned to his own world?

The idea of 50 years having gone by in what seemed like an instant to you is a classic fantasy plot hook.

Last edited by Ericg1s; 05-12-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 494
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Alternate classes are Samurai and ninja. Hybrid classes are those that combine two classes: swashbuckler, blood Rager, investigator, etc.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:24 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1068
Balazar Balazar Balazar Balazar Balazar Balazar Balazar Balazar
WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Zygerius (aka Red Thunder)

Race: Human

Class: Fighter (Eldritch Guardian)

Appearance: You can tell that Zygerius was once a powerful man, but the years have taken a toll on his body. Regardless, his impressive strength and endurance have not all worn away through the years and the sharp gleam in his eye has only intensified over the decades. His once-gleaming armor is now faded and tarnished, and the insignia of the red ram's head is barely visible on the chest plate.

Personality: Zygerius has seen too much of the world to maintain anything resembling optimism. A practical and often cynical old man, he still knows how to hold a grudge as if he had many years left to hold it.

Background: Zygerius was once known as the Red Thunder, commander of a brutal warband that claimed to stick up for the downtrodden but often did more harm than good. Once Zygerius realized the extent of suffering his deeds had caused, he disappeared. Retiring into anonymity, he has only recently taken up his spear again, though he is tight-lipped as to why.

In addition to this, I'd appreciate if each player could complete a (modified) 10 minute background!

Last edited by Balazar; 05-15-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
@Ericg1s That sounds good to me, and I think that Mrjoegangles already explained the classes. As long as your backstory makes sense, sure, your character could have aged prematurely!

@Everyone I am updating the deadline for apps- The choice will be made on or after May 27th.
Currently playing as: [tt=Tandid]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79511[/tt] | [tt=Vias]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79978[/tt] |[tt=Ogeaglial ]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79803[/tt]
Running: Prejudice's Desperation.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Name: Daren of The Third Street Tallhouse (once Daren the Bold)
Race: Human
Class: Investigator
Level: 6
Step 1:
Essential background point 1 of 7: He was born in a small town, but his family moved quickly to the capital, where he was raised.
Essential background point 2 of 7: His parents were relatively wealthy, but not nobles. He was able to go to the academy, but was always treated as 'equal but less equal than us' by the instructors and the highest-class students. He was about 10 at this point. He vowed that he would someday achieve something great to prove himself worthy.
Essential background point 3 of 7: Daren spent quite a bit of time studying martial arts and alchemical infusions, and eventually gained his first investigator level and graduated. He was 18 by now,.
Essential background point 4 of 7: He spent some time in the capital treading lightly around the edges of intrigues. He married and had a son, rising to level 4 during this time. He was 30 by now.
Essential background point 5 of 7: He was called as part of a group to make contact with the inhabitants of a small island which Taldor was trying to claim...it was unclear why no one claimed it. The initial contact was relatively peaceful, and he volunteered to remain behind to learn more about the locals while the others reported back. He was around 35 by this point, and almost to level 5.
Essential background point 6 of 7: After 2 years on the island, his companions had not returned. The locals aided him in building a small sailboat and he headed home. The time at the island had raised him to 5, and nearly 6. When he returned, he discovered that he was very old, that many years had passed, and that his wife had died of an illness shortly after he left, and his son in a fire some 25 years later.
Essential background point 7 of 7: For the last 3 years, Daren has been trying to tie up the lose ends of what little life remains to him. He has managed to obtain his pay from the expedition (a plot of land which was made into part of a tallhouse, resulting in him being able to claim the whole structure due to a loophole in the Taldor Veterans of Mystical Campaigns Pension System. Dealing with the bureaucracy has raised him to level 6, but left him at the equivalent of about 90 years old!

Step 2:
Goal (In character) He wants to take part in the tournament, because he wants to achieve something great before he dies.
Goal (Out of character): I the player what to have fun and play around with the 'grey heroes' concept.
Goal (For character): I would like him to find ways to outwit younger and more physically powerful opponents.

Step 3:
Known Secret: He knows why no one ever claims the tiny island-it is outside normal time. If someone were to go look for it again, he doubts it would be in the same location.
Unknown Secret: He has a daughter from a drunken night he doesn't remember the details of. It is unlikely that she will know him as her father, but she is still alive.

Step 4:
Bound by honor: An exile from the island who came with him to Taldor. The exile (who no longer has a name) was caught committing a taboo shortly before Daren left, and was permitted to go with him instead of being sacrificed. The exile does not appear to have suddenly aged upon leaving the island-perhaps he will suddenly age if he ever returns.
Bound by blood: His grand-nephew has moved into the tallhouse with him, and is grateful for the opportunity to move up in the world. It was his grand-nephew who suggested he join a team of elders who are going to join the tournament.
Bound by anger: The previous owner of the tallhouse is plotting an elaborate revenge, and she may try to shame or embarrass him, or simply convince everyone to ignore him as a feeble old man whose mind is clearly slipping.

Step 5:
First Memory: His first important memory-The trip into the capital for the first time when he was very young. Everything in the capital seemed larger than life, and he spent quite a bit of time trying to make himself big enough to fit.
Second Memory: Graduation from the academy. He had proven himself to have potential, but now he had to live up to it.
Third Memory: The love of his life agreeing to marry him. A broken reflection of this memory is his learning she was dead.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 558
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
@MurderInParidise
OK, I've been doing some work on Hrumph of the Eye .

He's still a work in progress, obviously, but I'd like your input on what I've got so far. I'm liking the hell out of him. (Oh, on his stats, I reversed STR and CHR, Taking +3 on STR, and -3 on CHR, and took the +1 Ability boost to Wisdom.) Once I've got that input I should have him finished off and ready to submit within a couple of days, I've already got ideas on a couple of different ways to go with him.
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:20 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Filled in a bit more of my app with Zygerius (above), feeling pretty happy with it at this point! If I'm missing anything or if you think I should add more of anything just let me know!
Old 05-14-2019, 07:07 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Great job so far everyone!

Currently playing as: [tt=Tandid]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79511[/tt] | [tt=Vias]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79978[/tt] |[tt=Ogeaglial ]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79803[/tt]
Running: Prejudice's Desperation.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 558
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:27 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Updated Zygerius with a sheet! Made a couple assumptions on things like point buy etc, but at least it should give a general idea of what he's about (mechanically speaking).
Old 05-15-2019, 09:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Do you want me to do my character sheet now?
Old 05-17-2019, 12:10 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 788
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
~~~ WORK IN PROGRESS ~~~

Little more than a placeholder at the moment; still working on the details...

Ganaxibrannack
Name: Ganaxibrannack (Brann) Thundersticks
Race: Gnome
Class: Skald (War Drummer archetype)

Appearance:
Personality:
Background: