Old 05-14-2019, 10:48 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Hello New World

Hello RPGX!

It's been a long while since I've delved into a forum, but I'm excited to play in something paced, shared, and narrative-driven. I don't have PBP experience, but have been playing D&D for a long time. I remember when my brother and I first learned you could have both a class AND a race... what a time to have been alive. Pathfinder and 5e have been my favorites. I've dabbled in some Cthulu-esque, Vampire, and Changeling.

I'm especially looking forward to RPGX as an engaging way to stay creative. I love writing and am looking forward to opportunities to re-commit to practicing my creativity on a regular basis.

Happy to have been turned onto this!

Last edited by cottontailwind; 05-14-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14750
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

You've certainly come to the right place for some Pathfinder and D&D5 action. They're our most popular systems by a country mile.

I'd also like to commend you for hitting the ground running! You've already signed up for the new player solo game and you've already started mingling, bravo good sir!

Have you checked out the library tab yet? That's our dedicated creative writing wing with writing prompts and various other activities to get those creative juices flowing!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
<<Update >> Schedule is completely borked with no resolution in sight. I will be transitioning to mobile updates on breaks at work. I apologise in advance for any drop in post quality! Please poke me if I've missed anything, it's hard to stay as organized on mobile ~_~
Old 05-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2447
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Welcome to the Crossing!

I've found this place to be a great creative outlet. It's even better when others are just as creative, or more so, than yourself. Really brings the best out of everyone!
Old 05-15-2019, 03:17 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19284
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning cottontailwind,

- that sounds like a true Cowboy name, how did you come up with it???? -
First of all, I want to thank you for welcoming other new players, that is really a nice thing to do. Second, I have never dabbed into Ctulhu, Vampire or Changeling but I share the Pathfinder and 5E experience but I have to confess my last Pathfinder game was ended last year :-(. So no Pathfinder anymore but 5E is all I am playing right now. (I lied there, I am not playing but DM0ing 5E games).

Anyway, most important is to welcome you over here, glad you signed up and made an introduction post. Have you been cruising the site yet and spotted some interesting games you want to join/make an application for? Any question you have and/or feedback you want to provide?
Old 05-15-2019, 07:54 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56662
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

Don't worry about the lack of PbP experience... I never played before I started here, and look at me now! King of the world.

Well, maybe not King.. certainly a Duke, or a duck or something.

Still, we all start somewhere, and before you know it, you'll be a long time PBE'er!

and having a ton of fun!
Old 05-15-2019, 08:11 PM
Cute Li'l Pup

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 412
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Welcome, cottontailwind!

Hey, at least you beat me in D&D and RPG experience! Lots of newbies here, and learning is fun!
Old 05-15-2019, 10:01 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Welcome to the club chummer!

You've certainly come to the right place for some Pathfinder and D&D5 action. They're our most popular systems by a country mile.

I'd also like to commend you for hitting the ground running! You've already signed up for the new player solo game and you've already started mingling, bravo good sir!

Have you checked out the library tab yet? That's our dedicated creative writing wing with writing prompts and various other activities to get those creative juices flowing!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
I appreciate it! I had a few recommendations for some reads, but I'll definitely track down and explore the library tab too. I especially like the experience system, and how it tags particularly liked posts. Gives you a sort of lightning rod to someone's most liked posts to get a feel for community tastes.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:13 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Goodmorning cottontailwind,

- that sounds like a true Cowboy name, how did you come up with it???? -
First of all, I want to thank you for welcoming other new players, that is really a nice thing to do. Second, I have never dabbed into Ctulhu, Vampire or Changeling but I share the Pathfinder and 5E experience but I have to confess my last Pathfinder game was ended last year :-(. So no Pathfinder anymore but 5E is all I am playing right now. (I lied there, I am not playing but DM0ing 5E games).

Anyway, most important is to welcome you over here, glad you signed up and made an introduction post. Have you been cruising the site yet and spotted some interesting games you want to join/make an application for? Any question you have and/or feedback you want to provide?
Hey thanks!

The name is a sort of portmanteau between cottontail and tailwind. Rabbits are my animal and I'm a wind/water element-ed sort of person. And it's slightly less awkward than cottontailpipe

I don't think I have any questions as of yet--there are a lot of rules and references made available, which is great. I have some adventures ready to read, which will be fun in itself, but especially useful in developing a better feel for the appropriate PBP ranges of scope (length and boundaries of posts, especially relative to more discussion-based gaming).

I'm in the process of writing up my first application, which is satisfyingly fun in itself. Love character building and writing brief, episodic background snippets!

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 05-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14750
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Yeah, it's a neat system, though it's far from flawless.

Here are the stats for 2018. On that list you'll see the top 10 posts of 2018 based purely on amount of EXP received. Lots of neat info on that post!
<<Update >> Schedule is completely borked with no resolution in sight. I will be transitioning to mobile updates on breaks at work. I apologise in advance for any drop in post quality! Please poke me if I've missed anything, it's hard to stay as organized on mobile ~_~
Old 05-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
welcome!

Don't worry about the lack of PbP experience... I never played before I started here, and look at me now! King of the world.

Well, maybe not King.. certainly a Duke, or a duck or something.

Still, we all start somewhere, and before you know it, you'll be a long time PBE'er!

and having a ton of fun!
Thank you and thank you!

Better to be a duck than to be a quack? Long live King Duck!