RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 10-27-2017, 06:21 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4901
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
our group seems like it might be somewhat polarized..... should be interesting.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 413
Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltedzies View Post

Can we use Pathfinder traits with your approval?
@Eviltedzies
Yes thats fine.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
@Shakram:

I fully adjusted my char sheet.

Changes:
1) Items changes, since without that collar I had a good deal of money (had also bought two periapts of the same thing, so ditched one :P)

2) Companion. Current companion is taken from the 13th tier. The templates used are by Gatekeeper feat (ECS states Gatekeeper Druids can use Horrid Creatures) and then training (For Warbeast...no HD increase, though).

3) Removed Flaws and extra feat.

4) Added notes on the abilities gained from the Umbral Metamorphosis quality on my amulet.

The Wisdom score comes thus: 18 base, +3 for being Venerable, +6 from first Periapt of Wisdom, +3 from Ability Score increases with lvls = 30 (corrected from 33).

**Important Question for you:

1) How will we handle animal companions as we wade deep into the epic levels? There are EXTREMELY few lists available for that. Could I choose non-magic animals of appropriate HD and flavor text and ostensibly domesticate them per animal companion rules?

2) EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: If I have a spell that specifically states it prevents ability drain and damage from any source, could I ignore ability drain/damage from any Sanctified/Corrupt spells I cast while the protecting spell is active on me?

{EDITED: finished revisions according to your statements.}
Once we hit epic levels you can choose from the feats available or craft your own feats.

Some of the stuff on your sheet is not from the SRD/core books, anything not there please cut and paste from whatever source. If you want to use it you need to write out what the abilities/feats do. I cant go looking up feats and items in every book, for every character I am sure you understand.

Your magic items are combined, I am not sure on the math of combining items. I am on the fence about it, and will let you know, in this instance I think I may put it to a vote.

Your invisible spell will not make any conjurations invisible nor will it effect combat or saving throws. Invisible spells can still be countered as normel spells and understood with a spellcraft check.

Any wildshapes or summons need to be written out before approved.

Last edited by Shakram; 10-27-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I should be done on my app. There are a couple more maps I want to make, but it might be a while, I'm having trouble finding a program that will do what I want It to do.
We could use a good mapper to make our game better!
Old 10-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Lol, If I find something good, I can make maps for you no worries. I just want to make sure I get my castle layout at some point in case my description is unclear, it would be very difficult to conventionally attack. I may end up just hand drawing it so I know I will get it right.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The Magic Item Compendium describes the cost of adding a 2nd magic property to a magic item (MIC 233) :
"In most cases, if the item is one that occupies a body slot, the cost of adding any additional ability to that item is 1-1/2 times the value of the added power (or the value of the added power plus 1/2 the value of the existing item, if the added power normally costs more than the existing item). "

To bestow a 2nd power you add the new ability cost plus 1/2 the price of the cheaper of the two magic abilities.

Lets say you:
•Bought Quicksilver Boots ability (3,500gp)
•To add the Boots of Agile Leaping (5,500gp) this would be and additional [5500]+[1750] = 7250

I believe the math continues the same for each new item added.

Ok all players what do you guys and gals think of combining items according to Magic Item Compendium?
Based on your answers I will allow it in this game or I will not.
PLEASE VOTE

Last edited by Shakram; 10-27-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15343
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Combining according to the MIC should be just fine. I'll also mention that another section mentions that what it calls "Common Item Effects," such as +2 enhancement strength, +3 resistance saves, +4 deflection AC (I recall a chart with all of them), are added to the base item without the x1.5 multiplier. I am away from my books, so I cannot find the page just yet.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 287
btccg btccg btccg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakram View Post
The Magic Item Compendium describes the cost of adding a 2nd magic property to a magic item (MIC 233) :
"In most cases, if the item is one that occupies a body slot, the cost of adding any additional ability to that item is 1-1/2 times the value of the added power (or the value of the added power plus 1/2 the value of the existing item, if the added power normally costs more than the existing item). "

To bestow a 2nd power you add the new ability cost plus 1/2 the price of the cheaper of the two magic abilities.

Lets say you:
•Bought Quicksilver Boots ability (3,500gp)
•To add the Boots of Agile Leaping (5,500gp) this would be and additional [5500]+[1750] = 7250

I believe the math continues the same for each new item added.

Ok all players what do you guys and gals think of combining items according to Magic Item Compendium?

PLEASE VOTE

I've done the magic effect combination for magic items before. What I've found is that long as you have a good background for why the combination exists, and its not too off-the-wall, usually a GM will accept within reason. It most certainly CAN be abused though, so I would recommend GM have final approval. But I am OK with it.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:54 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
I am fine with combined magic items.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15343
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaque View Post
Combining according to the MIC should be just fine. I'll also mention that another section mentions that what it calls "Common Item Effects," such as +2 enhancement strength, +3 resistance saves, +4 deflection AC (I recall a chart with all of them), are added to the base item without the x1.5 multiplier. I am away from my books, so I cannot find the page just yet.
I found the MIC pages. 233: "This added cost doesn't necessarily apply when adding some common effects to existing items ...." And on 234, it lays out the chart for the costs of several basic bonuses; the example on the same page lists 4k as to cost to add +2 enhancement Dex to striding and springing boots.

Last edited by dbaque; 10-27-2017 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaque View Post
With the influx of all these amoral monsters, let's tip those scales right back over. The app may expand/adjust depending on build thoughts; leadership is very likely.
WIP AppName: Galahad the Redeemer
Race/Class: Homebrew Angel (planetar/solar) progression, maybe Prestige Paladin 3
Alignment: LG

Shakram, two questions:

1) The jovar, a special greatsword in the Planar Handbook described here, is supposed to be a favored weapon of celestials. While normally an exotic weapon, to have a unique weapon, might it count as a martial weapon for celestials (in the same vein as with certain dwarven/elven weapons)?

2) The Prestige Paladin (linked above) includes both the special mount and undead turning. Since there are alternate paladin features that remove the special mount and undead turning, could I qualify for the prestige class without mounted feat/skills and turning prerequisites if the prestige class did not provide the mount or turning features?
Both of these are fine go for it.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:25 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5017
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
I have no problem with combining magic item. However, I think DM should have final say about the final product, so he could watch over the possibility of disruption to the game.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Ok as to combining items majority have spoken, its legit.

Go for it gang!

Shuffles off to hide in the shadows to rework character items. . . . LOL

Last edited by Shakram; 10-28-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 111
Paean Paean
Although I love the concept for the game and it looks like a great group of players and an interesting group of characters I'm withdrawing my app. I haven't played in a while and after thinking about it I don't want to jump back in at a high level.

I hope it's a great game for all!
Old 10-28-2017, 07:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paean View Post
Although I love the concept for the game and it looks like a great group of players and an interesting group of characters I'm withdrawing my app. I haven't played in a while and after thinking about it I don't want to jump back in at a high level.

I hope it's a great game for all!
Ok take care your always welcome back if you ever feel up to it, I hope to run this game for a long time. Take care!