RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4901
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Xp cost for items would be 3200, how bad does that effect me? I have never enforced that as a gm so I am unfamiliar with how crafting xp costs works.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 413
Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I am not saying they stack, as they don't, I am saying they are separate pools of HD.

For example, if you were a 4th lvl wizard and a 10th lvl cleric

Wizard part would be able to control 16HD of undead

On the cleric side you could control 40HD of undead

Cleric also has rebuke, which is 10hd of undead seperate from the other two.

You cannot control one 66HD undead, they don't stack. You could use wizard spells to animate 16 1hd skeletons, and cleric spells to control 40 1hd skeletons, then use your rebuke to control a 10hd vampire.
In this case if its the same spell animate dead then the rule will remain unchanged not different pools. Wether its the cleric side or the wizard side casting the animate dead spell to controll different amounts of undead that limit would remain unchanged.

As for your rebuke amount thats totally different you can add what you rebuke to the 40hd-44hd of undead you can control. Putting you at 50 or so HD of undead you can controll.

Quote:
At any one time, the cleric may command any number of undead whose total Hit Dice do not exceed his level.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Ok, so for the game we are combining the pools for wizard and cleric for both animate dead and control(rebuke) undead? So there will only be one pool for animate and one pool for rebuke, correct?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 111
Paean Paean
Two questions before I get too far into the character,

1. Would you allow the Changeling race? I know it was originally Eberron but they are in one of the later Monster Manuals and a lot of people consider them available for any setting.

2. Their type is listed as Humanoid with the Shapechanger subtype. The description I found is that they are descended from Humans and Doppelgangers. In the Races of Destiny Book, page 150 there is a variant rule that Humanoid descended races can have the Human subtype and it allows those races to qualify for Human feats, etc.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paean View Post
Two questions before I get too far into the character,

1. Would you allow the Changeling race? I know it was originally Eberron but they are in one of the later Monster Manuals and a lot of people consider them available for any setting.

2. Their type is listed as Humanoid with the Shapechanger subtype. The description I found is that they are descended from Humans and Doppelgangers. In the Races of Destiny Book, page 150 there is a variant rule that Humanoid descended races can have the Human subtype and it allows those races to qualify for Human feats, etc.

Thanks!

Changeling is fine its part of 3.5 content. Enjoy!

BTW what class were you planning on playing?

Last edited by Shakram; 10-25-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Ok, so for the game we are combining the pools for wizard and cleric for both animate dead and control(rebuke) undead? So there will only be one pool for animate and one pool for rebuke, correct?
There are no pools the spell only allows 2 times your caster level and you have a second spell desacrate boosting it by another 2 times. Your cleric rebuke is a totally different ability and has nothing to do with your animate dead ability. Sorry for the confusion. Still 50hd of undead and an undead army via undead leadership is more than enough to defeat most opponents. Anyways cheers and good luck! Its a nice character!
Old 10-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
No worries, I just think of them as pools, I am not mad or anything, just making sure I am clear on how we are doing everything here. I will have my character sheet completed with the modifications shortly, I reduced my blackguards to 6 to make room for a more powerful bodyguard/monstrous infantry.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3072
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
@Shakram:

Character design fully in place. Gonna be posting soon enough.

Big questions:

1st, as a Planar Shepherd, when is says ANY native outsider of your attuned plane (HD restrictions as normal, ofc), do you support the use of ANY? As in, specific beings listed as native outsiders of a plane instead of generic beings? This plays a big role in the plane to which I align.

2nd...Do you allow the Invisible Spell Feat from Cityscape, pg. 61? +0 metamagic that literally just gives the spells it's used on "no visible manifestation." I like to play the build I'm using towards "super-troll" diplomacy/stealth style, and being able to do my druidic wonders invisibly helps. Typically, in past experience, this also requires DM Rulings -- namely, do you handle this RAW and let EVERY spell be made invisible, or are there limits?

3rd...Do you allow RAW +0 Greenbound Summoning? Given that this is high-powered campaign, the +0 isn't as borked as it would be in low-level campaigns.

Just back from honeymoon, Please be patient :)
Old 10-25-2017, 01:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
@Shakram:

Character design fully in place. Gonna be posting soon enough.

Big questions:

1st, as a Planar Shepherd, when is says ANY native outsider of your attuned plane (HD restrictions as normal, ofc), do you support the use of ANY? As in, specific beings listed as native outsiders of a plane instead of generic beings? This plays a big role in the plane to which I align.

2nd...Do you allow the Invisible Spell Feat from Cityscape, pg. 61? +0 metamagic that literally just gives the spells it's used on "no visible manifestation." I like to play the build I'm using towards "super-troll" diplomacy/stealth style, and being able to do my druidic wonders invisibly helps. Typically, in past experience, this also requires DM Rulings -- namely, do you handle this RAW and let EVERY spell be made invisible, or are there limits?

3rd...Do you allow RAW +0 Greenbound Summoning? Given that this is high-powered campaign, the +0 isn't as borked as it would be in low-level campaigns.
You can use any monster and just say its from the plane unless there is a list of monsters by plane somewhere which I havent seen. Have a look around and if you find a by plane list let me know, until then just pick some stuff that matches your character backgrond.

Greenbound Summoning is a very powerful feat that is allowed, not sure what you mean by +0.
BTW please stat out any summonings before you cast them in game.

Last edited by Shakram; 10-25-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
I'm tentatively interested, depending on what other people are trying to do.

You mentioned the possibility of either Homebrew or Pathfinder materials right? I see tons of Necromancers, Paladins, Clerics, and Druids in the mix. Looks like everyone is going for some kind of religious character. Should I follow suit or buck the trend?
Old 10-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
OK, character sheet should be finished, I will finish up the application, background, and troop information and will be good to go whenever you are.

I am very anti religious JKTrickster
Old 10-25-2017, 02:08 PM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
@Shakram:

Sounds good! Most planes don't have full lists, but some of the more developed ones (like the Abyss, which states the nature of its layers and pulls from FF, BoVD, and several other sources) do list notable creatures there...and ones specifically not.

Alright. Character incoming now.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
I'm tentatively interested, depending on what other people are trying to do.

You mentioned the possibility of either Homebrew or Pathfinder materials right? I see tons of Necromancers, Paladins, Clerics, and Druids in the mix. Looks like everyone is going for some kind of religious character. Should I follow suit or buck the trend?
Your welcome to play anything you like whatever floats your boat. BTW welcome!
Old 10-25-2017, 02:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
How do templates and +LA races work here?

Assuming +2 LA, we only get 13 class levels right?

If we do LA buyoff, we spend 15,000 XP to buy off the +2 LA, are we level 12 with 15,000 XP from level 13?
Old 10-25-2017, 03:03 PM
Da Draggin

Tools
User Statistics
The Fixer
Basic Info
right-aligned image

Character Sheet:The Fixer

Name: Just known as "The Fixer." By those familiar with him, goes by "Fix" sometimes. Was born with the Name Riverheart aka "Riv" but aside from his deceased parents it is doubtful anyone knows this.

Age: Stopped aging in at 28, but it's been 50 years since then. So...78.

Race: Human

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Deity: Any, none, himself...doesn't really matter to him. Whatever suits the moment.

Class Build: Druid 1-6//Planar Shepherd 9

Future Build: (Uncertain, but most likely gonna stick with things that progress my wild shape primarily, with dips for expanding my casting abilities).

Party Role: Combat-oriented "Toolbox" of abilities. Also good at freaking the **** out of people. Like, he is literally capable of killing people by his freakiness alone (per one of his forms' ability).

Goals: Seeing just how far he can take his powers. He's not the type of person to set long-term goals much, though.

Appearance:
The Fixer is quite the imposing person. Standing at 6'1" and weighing in at 230, he's not someone easily overlooked. His body is usually only marginally concealed by his naturalistic gear. His face and body show the signs of heavy druidic tattooing, with sets of feathers woven into his thick brown hair. His eyes show an unusual shade of amber-gold, his features are strong but refined.

Personal Info
Backstory:

Personality:

Animal Companion
left-aligned image

Mr. Squiggles:

Last edited by Alphaeus; 10-28-2017 at 09:41 AM.