RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:42 PM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 914
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 641
Kiirion
right-aligned image


A general store? That wasn't the greatest option for magical items, but it would do. Hopefully they had three gold worth of herbs and inscense. If they didn't, hopefully the owner would know who did. Kiirion was about to thank Andwair for the information when the minotaur started thanking him for helping with the vines. Then he mentioned a water crisis they had been going through. "Hm... Has anyone checked further down the creek? It could just be that the storms have caused debris to create a dam." Kiirion responded. It had happened once to him. Without the proper spells, it had taken the Wizard several days to clear it enough for the water to flow through again.

Kiirion half listened to the conversation going on behind him. Not wanting a repeat of yesterday, he tried to not to pay attention to too many things at once. But it was difficult. His full attention went to Vesper however, when she started talking about the water incident. It could just be a blockage, it could be something more. Either way, it would be best to investigate it. More and more things were being added to their list. But at the top for Kiirion was still getting FIlia back, and going to Hence. With her speech done, Vesper declared that they could go shopping now, and then went outside and started dancing in the window.

"I suppose we can investigate the water problem later. Thank you for the information." Kiirion said. Pulling up his hood he went outside. Gajine and Gordon headed for the leather goods store. He moved next to Vesper. "Do you need anything from the leather goods place? Or shall we move on?" Kiirion asked her. As much as he wanted to get Filia back, he didn't want to be rude and not think of the others. A few extra minutes wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart; 04-18-2019 at 03:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-17-2019, 03:32 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 2628
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 729
Olivia
left-aligned image

right-aligned image


The walk back was significantly easier for Olivia and M.A.C.. The rain and wind had died down quite a bit and, just as importantly, she knew the ship was safe. An invisible weight lifted from her. It had been an... eventful couple of days, but it was unlike her to spend so much time in one place without a reason to do so and she was getting a bit stir crazy.

By the time she got to the Silverset's she was soaked to the bone with flecks of mud here and there on her lower half from where she or M.A.C. had kicked it up.

She walked in the door to find a few of the new people she'd met last night there - and the gunslinger and half orc were dry at that. Meanwhile, she had a small lake collecting around her feet as water dripped from her in streams. She looked at them, eyebrows raised and said, "Well, that's a new one. You'll have to teach me that later."

Ellie stood behind the counter with Jebrin over her shoulder. "Ellie!" Olivia called out to the little girl, "How have you been? I missed seeing you yesterday! Have you made anything interesting lately?"

From behind her M.A.C. waved. Once she was done greeting the little girl she turned to address Jebrin, "Back in my day, lightning would strike six times for every boom of thunder. This is one hell of a storm. How are you holding up Jebrin?" She hoped he got the reference, but he was still very new at all of this.



Stat Block - Olivia
 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-17-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-17-2019, 11:42 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-19-2019
RPXP: 728
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 341

 


Vesper Zuul
right-aligned image

Gordon and Gajine exited first, heading in the direction of the Leather Worker's Shop. Kiirion soon followed, but headed in a different direction altogether. Vesper put a hand in her pocket and rubbed Nibbles' head. She stopped dancing and remembered her promise to Kiirion.

"Hey Kiirion," She called out to his form as he traversed the falling droplets of cloud tears. She skipped playfully over to him as he exited the Tavern.

"Do you need anything from the leather goods place? Or shall we move on?" He asked her as she sidled up beside him.

"I think Gajine is going to make the Dog Skin into Leather for me, and I don't need to be there for that." She paused just long enough to splash through a puddle of mud a let out a childish giggle. She had taken her shoes off and the mud felt squishy between her toes. She just stood there in the puddle and smiled at Kiirion; "Today lets just get your pet back. I'll do my shopping in between you getting your stuff. You're my top priority!"


OOCPlaces Vesper would like to go:
1. With Kiirion to help get Filia back
2. The blacksmith to "attempt" to make something (hopefully with the assistance of Gajine)
3. The leather worker to buy a very specific leather quiver.
4. Bookstore (Vesper would have finished reading all of the books in her possession by now)
5. To investigate the Well

Last edited by Reliq0770; 04-18-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-18-2019, 04:53 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 4249
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,787
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

With the group deciding on what they wished to accomplish for the day Vilthal excused herself to put on her leather armor in a room and come back ready for the day. She even had her goggles in place to deal with the rain that was starting to taper off somewhat by the time the group was ready to leave. Vilthal hadn't seen Olivia since this morning when her and MAC charged out of the inn mentioning a ship of some kind. She dearly wanted to get stuck in and really figure out what made that golem move and respond so life-like! But she hadn't seen her for some time, even now as they were all deciding who was headed where.

For a moment she considered following Gajine and Gordon as she had an idea she wished to share with the mustachioed musketeer but thought better of it. It was something she wasn't completely sure she could accomplish yet so best to let it stew for awhile longer before presenting him the idea. He didn't seem all that sparked by her spell-storing coin so perhaps he wouldn't fully comprehend her idea. So she opted to go with Vesper and Kiirion.

The Wizard and The LizardGoggles in place she gave swiped a gloved hand across them to wipe off the rain pelting them and clear out the slow build-up of fog on the inside. Through the rain and from under her hooded cloak Vilthal tapped the pair on the shoulders, saying, "I was thinkin'! If you two want to be able to store a spell on, like, a dagger of yours or even on Snakebite I could make it happen! It'd be good for about... 10-12 hours but you could use it in that time whenever ya like! I had an idea with Gordon's bullets, maybe even gettin' a couple of those inscribed. I know I'm makin' sure a few of my bolts can pack some magic in 'em!"


Stat Block
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-18-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-18-2019, 11:48 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-19-2019
RPXP: 728
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 341

 


It's 'Reptile' not 'Lizard'... LOL
right-aligned image

Vesper was actually happy to see Lady Vilthal joining them on their shopping trip. She hadn't gotten to spend much time getting to know the High Elf and was eager to pick her brain about a project she was considering. She listened as Lady Vilthal suggested the possibility of storing magic in items.

"That is something I think we should all take advantage of. However, I did have a question about something else that you mentioned earlier. You said that you knew how to take something that was not magical and make it magical... Like permanently... Right?" Vesper had stopped splashing in puddles and attempted to walk with a bit more dignity next to Lady Vilthal. Unfortunately, this attempt at civility and dignity was undercut by the mud covering her legs and the thick, wet sloshing noises permeating the air with every step. "If you can do that, can you do a permanent magic-rune-enchantment on one thing and make it always come back to another thing with the same magic-rune-enchantment on it?"

Last edited by Reliq0770; 04-18-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-18-2019, 11:59 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 4249
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,787
Reptile Doesn't Rhyme with Wizard
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

She furrowed her brow heavily at Vesper's question. She had to replay the question a few times in her head to ensure she understood the full meaning of what she was trying to ask. "...If I'm hearin' you correctly Vesper, are you askin' if I can make a projectile come back to you after it's fired? If that's th' case I suppose it's possible. There's an enchantment I've heard of called Returning that some folks put on knives or javelins or other things like that. Puttin' that on arrows or bolts or even bullets maybe won't work. If it breaks once you've fired it it's no longer carryin' that enchantment and couldn't return if it tried. Somethin' a little bigger like a dagger, or an axe, or a hammer might work better just because it won't shatter on impact with its target... I dunno, actually! It's gonna be awhile before I can work out how that enchantment works given so many spellcaster-ly types don't wanna share their secrets an' all. Somethin' I'll keep in mind for th' future though."


Stat Block
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-19-2019 at 12:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-22-2019, 11:32 AM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 2143
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,445
Silverset Leather Co
right-aligned image

Ellie looked to her Father off and on as Gordon and Gajine conversed with them. The elf man seemed a bit mistaken and confusion visibly spread upon her delicate little face. Her brows raised at Jebrin in entertaining the possibility that her grandfather was somehow still alive, yet those hopes were soon smashed when the Half-Orc mentioned his dying wish. She sighed, the little light that had gathered in her eyes dimming once more. About this time, an older female halfling woman came through the open archway from the back, drying her hands on a white apron tied at her waist. She appeared middle-aged, slightly taller then an average halfling, long brown hair like Ellie's and thin. She smiled warmly in regard to Gordon and Gajine, half over hearing the questions and conversation taking place. Before Jebrin could say much of anything she answered.. "Ok Ellie, run along and finish your chores please then start prepping the chickens for supper time lass. " The girl nodded with a bit of discontentment though abided regardless without fuss and left the adults to handle adult business. As the young girl left, she gave a small wave and darted into the back once again.

left-aligned image

"Estus was a good and decent man, rest his soul. . Any friend of his is welcome here, I'm sure he'd say the same if he were here with us still."
Her eyes look to Gordon with curiosity..."Though it has only been a handful of days since his passing, the wound is still fresh in our hearts, you'll have to excuse myself and Jebrin for not exactly knowing what to say right now about it with you. There's still a lot of question in our hearts as to what happened out in Pengay that week. We've been told very little, only that he was driving on assignment for the Council and got held up in Pengay due to new administration policies....Whatever that means. She shrugged a bit and shook her head, trying to shake off the somberness that filled the shop. "I'm Ivy and this is Jebrin Silverset, Jeb is Estus' Son. I couldn't help but hear your conversation with my daughter before I came in... How did you become aware of her invention, I'm curious? The Council had made such a fuss over it, deeming it inoperable, it posing a threat and all.. We had her dismantle it shortly after we came home with the rejection."

right-aligned image

Jebrin remained quiet while his wife spoke, though he ran the shop, Ivy ran the household affairs and their questioning seemed to mingle between the two at the moment. He wasn't much to talk about Estus so publically anyhow. Not in the line of work they did, it just wasn't safe. So he listened for a while as his wife conversed, speaking for them both, it was only after they finished the conversation about Estus that he spoke. " I can not let you borrow my tools, I'm sorry... I don't rightly know you boys any better then any other travelers..even knowing my Father's name... but I can help where I can with whatever leather works you want or need. " He'd lose money if he let anyone just come in and use his tools and workbench, he may be small but he wasn't stupid.




As husband and wife waited for Gordon and Gajine's answers and replies, twenty or so minutes pass during their conversation back and forth, Olivia arriving through the doors, sopping wet, head to toe. Ellie, upon hearing the heavy footsteps of the mechanical being beside Olivia, peeked out from the doorway to see who arrived before Olivia called for her. She grinned ear to ear and squealed in Jebrin's ear. "Miss Olivia! MAC!!!!" She darted from behind the counter and under the table top entry, instantly clinging to MAC's leg. "EW! You're all wet ! Come on...Olivia, you can clean up in my room! Can you do my hair? Can you show me how to do that make-up that Momma wears ? Show me what new things MAC's learned!? I want to show you my new dress for school...Did you hear about my invention? Yes? Well.. I have a secret... I'll show you in my room... (the last she whisper's in her ear).

Jebrin seems to look over Olivia with a humble and warm natured demeanor, gently nodding to her statement over his daughter's excited ramblings. He took a deep breath and pondered within his own thoughts for a moment before replying..."Back in my day, the rain sustained the crop and overflowed into the riverbeds. Now, we've barely little water even though the heavens pour down more often then before." He hoped the answer would suffice for now.

Ivy shook her head and urged Ellie to release MAC for the moment.. "Ellie.. give them some time to get through the doors... Hello Olivia... " Her face went from stern to soft..."Yes, please go get dry and we can catch up here shortly after we see to some business here with these new folk." It was formed more as a question but her eyes hinted towards something else.





Little Wares General Store

As the rest of you travel further down the road through the storm, you begin to see a break and rest between the thunder and the lightning flashes. It's still windy, still slightly obscured with the amount of rain that continues to fall, yet feels less threatening from when you'd first woken up this morning. With Noon approaching the sun tries desperately to appear from behind the ominous cloud cover, occasionally lighting up the Western horizon with the promise of a break just beyond your area.

right-aligned image
Getting to the General Store, "Little Wares" wasn't difficult. Though it was several hundred feet down the main road and closer to the northern guard station, you managed to quite easily make it through the closed door and into the shop, wet but intact. There's shelves that align each side of the store with a small island type of counter closer to the back of the shop. It smells musty,like old wet paper sitting in the dark too long. There's cobwebs in the corners of the walls and a dirty purple rug, frayed at the seams that stretches from the door to the counter. Behind the counter, a young girl with large round glasses that take up her entire face and vibrant white hair that is kept up in a tight bun on the top of her head, looks to you and nods. "Welcome to Little Wares." She offers only the nod and the short greeting as she puts the book she was reading, down on the counter before her.



-OOC Notes-
Hope everyone had a great holiday or break this weekend. I'm still quite busy this week and next week, but I'll be around much more then I was the last few days.

Gajine and Gordon- It's going to take a bit of persuasion or intimidation to get Jebrin to let you use his tools. DC 20 for persuasion DC 10 for intimidation.

For General store stuff, most common items are here that you may need. That includes incense and charcoal. Herbs, not so much. Maybe? Little Wares also has a little bit of the uncommon as well as stable/mount equipment.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-22-2019, 03:47 PM
UngainlyFool's Avatar
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 3312
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Posts: 2,179
All wet
right-aligned image
Despite being dry and warm for the first time since early morning thanks to Gajine's divine magic, Gordon was the least comfortable he had been since leaving Clifton even more than when he blundered like a bull into Kiirion at the garden in North like he was a drinking partner. He was unshockingly adept at hiding the full surprise of the revelation of Estus's death other than a slight widening of his eyes at Gajine's hasty words and then a bowing of his head at Ivy's. But the hue of his skin betrayed him more. It took on a redness that could have easily come from long hours at Gajine's forge. The tips of his long ears turned almost purple in his embarrassment.

Hat already in hand, he bowed his head gingerly a bit more to the husband and wife. "My apologies," he said with the soft words of a funeral, "I did not know. The last I saw Estus only six days ago, he was hale and eager to get to Kirdy ahead of the Faire. My condolences for your loss. Had I known, I would have never brought the matter up so casually" Wondering if he had missed something so obvious, he pulled out the note Gajine had given him and glanced it over again. How could I be so ignorant? Seeing the bold warning the half-orc had scribbled across the top of it, he carefully tore the extra words from Estus's original letter and placed it on the glass counter. He spun it around with two long fingers and stuffed the torn piece back in his vest pocket. He let their eyes glance over the familiar handwriting for a moment. "As Gajine has introduced me, my name is Gordon Kalbast, formerly of Clifton. Estus told me of your daughter's invention only in generalities as one does to pass the long hours on the road. It was by way of this note that was left on a table at the council that I and my companion learned of the rejection of Ellie's submission. And later, as my friend has already said, that we learned of why from Lady Blue. It grieves me even more to have failed to change the council's mind in the matter knowing now that it was your kin's final wish. If I can do more in that front, only ask." There was little more to be said and Gordon fell silent. The matter of the leather could wait.

Actions
Dice insight to get that Olivia and the halfling are speaking in code:
1d20+4 (1)+4 Total = 5


 
__________________
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 04-22-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-22-2019, 09:37 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 2628
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 729
Olivia
left-aligned image

right-aligned image

Olivia relished her time with Ellie. She was the closest thing that she'd ever had to a little sister, and thought of her as such. Ellie reminded Olivia a bit of herself, it was about the age Ellie was now that she first created MAC, and she showed her own natural talent for invention and was always eager to learn. Often times, Olivia would bring her scraps or interesting things that she could find. It wasn't much, but it was something and the little girl always acted like she was being given a cart-full of gold each time. Perhaps when she had her own ship, she'd be able to do more for this family which risked so much.

She had bent down to greet the little girl and was met with an earful that rivaled the winds outside. Even better, she had a secret to share. Olivia's excitement dimmed a bit though as Jebrin paused and answered carefully. She nodded a tiny nod back to him, a solemn smile making its way to her face, both acknowledging and silently thanking him. He was trying his best, and she thought she understood - though she'd likely have to check with Ivy later to be sure. However, for the time being it seemed to confirm what she already knew. The business she was in, which had always been a steady flow, had slowed to a trickle punctuated by violent and frantic episodes. Much like the current storm, it was often hard to see coming and would instead catch you up in it and take you along for the ride.

Ivy's comment though, truly intrigued her - to the point that she felt torn between Ellie's 'secret' upstairs and Ivy's hints. Luckily for her, the presence of the elf and half-orc meant that conversation would have to wait and Ellie was tugging at her hand, eagerly leading her to the stairs. "I can't wait, Ivy," she said, smiling genuinely, "I hope we can share some of that tea you had last time I was here. I haven't found anything quite like it since." Olivia hated tea, a fact that Ivy knew well and often teased her about. But, the point was clear, she had a lot to share with her as well.

Speaking of... "Oh, make sure to tell Lollie to be careful when playing around outside. These two here, "she said, gesturing towards Gordon and Gajine, "and their friends helped Andwair, MAC, and I take out a couple of carniverous plants big enough to strangle a grown man. They also helped Andwair fix up the inn, so take it easy on them." She smiled and suddenly wished she could wink, but she didn't even bother trying. Every time she did it ended up looking like she was squinting in the evening sun.

Instead, she followed Ellie up the stairs with MAC following close behind and struggling to ascent the narrow, short staircase without taking out another wall. As she entered the room she breathed a sigh of relief, as it was the first time in the past two days that had felt normal to her. MAC sat in one corner of the room, far enough away to give Ellie a bit of space to walk in the small room. Olivia walked over towards the window on the far end and, sitting on the sill, took off one boot and then the other, emptying the water that had gathered in them out the window.

She started taking off her outer garments one by one, wringing them out just outside the window so the overhang of the roof spared her from more rain. Digging in one of her pockets, she pulled out the scraps she found in the yard - aside from the glass, she'd grind that up into a fine powder later. She brought them out, offering them to Ellie, "Oh! I almost forgot. Look what I brought for you! There are two nails which once were used to nail stars to the night sky itself before they fell, and three screws imbued with an amazing ability to stay perfectly silent no matter how much you talk to them."

Clad in her undergarments, she crossed the room and hung her outerwear to dry before sitting in the middle of the room. As she did so she spoke to Ellie, "So, hair or secret first?" she asked, a sly look clear on her face.

Stat Block - Olivia
 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-22-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is offline
Here to help
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 4066
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 2,470

Gajine Flintshard
Male Half-Orc Cleric of the Forge
 

The excitement faded from the half-orc. Fast. Hearing the tone of the proprietors and seeing the look on the little girl's face forced Gajine to replay his actions in his mind. Hearing his comrade speak in a defeated tone drove the message home.

He had done it again. He messed up.
He didn't even hesitate to think that this family might not have received word of Estus' passing or if they had it was still fresh. The last time the half-orc saw the driver was just five days ago when he was delivered to Pengay. Hearing Olivia's words vouching for the two before heading upstairs Gajine took a moment to think back to events earlier in the week.

After departing from the wagon Gajine had started venturing around the tent city seeking customers in need of tool repair as the wagon took off again. That was the last he saw of him before he received word of his passing. He did not know of Estus' return to the tent city but with how little success he was having he should've sought out a familiar face and maybe, just maybe then he would be... "Fergive me." he spoke in a soft defeated tone removing his bandana revealing his bald "Let me excitement of getting closer ta Estus' goal cloud me mind." he tucked his bandana into one of his pouches "Let me restart - Me name is Gajine Flintshard." he un-holstered his shield and brought it over his shoulder laying on the ground in front of him so Gond's symbol could be easily seen.

"I be a cleric of Gond, tha God of Crafting nd Inventions - alsa known as tha Wonderbringer. I alsa be a blacksmith of the Flintshard Forge in Red Chester." his eyes were downcast this whole time in shame, he was just repeating what he said before but his tone was serious and his words slow and steady. "I was probably tha last person in our group ta see ol' Estus' - fine man, that he was. Kind ta a lowly blacksmith orc from a sea o elves and dedicated ta his job. After he dropped me off in Pengay abou five days ago he ventured off in his wagon to pick up one more person." he paused for a moment trying to steel himself for the next part. Taking in a deep breath he finally looked up at Jebrin and Ivy "I knew he were comin back ta Pengay, we were all trapped there - but I were too busy tryin ta make a name fer meself I didn't check back on im when he returned ta tha tent city. He most likely passed from lack o water, that he did. Tha spell I just cast ta dry Gordon nd I off could've saved im - ifn I just checked on im! Please, fergive me!" he clench his jaw in a bout of self-loathing causing his one tusk to raise up and poke his cheek.

"As Gordon already said we found tha note while talkin ta tha council ta present our inventions. I was ready ta throw away me victory ta make up fer me fatal mistake of not repaying the kindness shown ta me by Estus - it wasn't how I was raise, that it wasn't. Ta note didn't say why they rejected it so we sought audience wit Lady Blue - a genius inventor fer reasons why." he paused and thought for a moment then looked back down towards the ground and began to remove his utility belt setting it on top of his shield then knelt down to the ground next to his shield and belt and prostrated before the two halflings "Yer daughter is a genius ta put an invention before the council at her age - as a cleric of Gond I ask ye not to dissuade 'er from this path. We have a Lady Vilthalprodigy in our group who kin help her fix what they said twas wrong nd fulfill both Estus' wishes nd possibly tha lass' dreams." he lowered his head to where his forehead touched the floor as he spoke loudly to compensate for talking into the floorboards.

It was one thing to wrong a family, it was another thing for a family to dissuade an inventor from crafting. He wanted to focus on his task of getting the leather made but his duty as a cleric of Gond would not let him let this slide - even though he had no business delving into this family's affairs. "I, too, would alsa be willing ta offer me services both ta tha lass to make her wishes come true fer Estus - nd' I'd be willin ta offer me services ta repair any of yer tools that might've dulled ifn I can turn this ere hide inta leather. I gave me word to one of me only friends I'd do it nd me pride cannae let anyone else do it - so please!"

oocHoly crap didn't mean for it to be this wordy, sorry!
Dice Persuasion w/ Help from Olivia:
2d20+3kh1 (19, 9 (keeping 19) )+3 Total = 22
__________________
Want to explore a vast sandbox steampunk world and be villainous? Of course you do!
Apply to Waeveran Outlaws today!!

Last edited by Retry; 04-23-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-23-2019, 01:56 PM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 914
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 641
Kiirion
right-aligned image


It looked like Vilthal was going to join him and Vesper on their shopping trip. The Wizard didn't mind at all who joined them. Hopefully between himself and the other High Elf, they could keep Vesper out of too much trouble. As they walked, Kiirion listened to the two women chat about some sort of magical enchantment that Vilthal could do. It sounded like Vilthal and himself could be able to help each other out. Kiirion knew how to enchant items, as he had done with the Alarm Crystal, but didn't know how to let others use the things he enchanted, which Vilthal seemed to know how to do. "I would love to share my enchanting secrets with you. In return, perhaps you could help me finish my Alarm Crystal." Kiirion said. The Wizard hadn't been able to bounce magical theories off anyone since Nathaniel all those years ago. It would be nice to do that again.

Kiirion liked the little shop that they entered into. It was small and quiet, his senses weren't immediately assaulted by wares, customers, and noise. Which is what happened in most shops he tried to buy from. Leaving the two women to browse, he went up to the counter. "I'm looking for three gold worth of inscence and herbs. It doesn't matter what kind, as long as it's three gold worth." Kiirion was also interested in any magical or interesting items that the young lady was selling. But he wanted to start with the components he needed to get Filia back. That was far more important to him than anything that might further his magical knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-23-2019, 11:19 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-19-2019
RPXP: 728
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 341
Rolls
 

 


Vesper's Arrow: Phase 1
right-aligned image

Vesper couldn't help but get a little bit excited as she listened to Lady Vilthal speak about the enchantment that she was referring to. It even had a name... 'Returning'. Simple... Effective... But it lacked, flair and pizazz. Vesper's own thoughts nearly drowned out the rest of what Lady Vilthal was saying until she heard a bit about the enchantments not sticking to projectiles that break apart...

Vesper just smiled at Lady Vilthal as the rain cascaded through the false image and down her face. "So you're saying there's a chance?" She giggled, happy with glee.

"I would love to share my enchanting secrets with you. In return, perhaps you could help me finish my Alarm Crystal." Kiirion interjected. Vesper had almost forgotten that the wizard had also displayed an aptitude for enchantments as well. Perhaps with both of them working together, this idea of hers might just come to fruition.

Vesper left the two to discuss other events as she danced in the rain all the way to a little shop called 'Little Wares'. She held the door open for Lady Vilthal and Kiirion, enjoying a final moment in the rain before entering behind them.

Behind the counter, a young girl with large round glasses that take up her entire face and vibrant white hair that is kept up in a tight bun on the top of her head, looks to you and nods. "Welcome to Little Wares." She offers only the nod and the short greeting as she puts the book she was reading, down on the counter before her.

Kiirion approached the counter to discuss some materials. No doubt that his primary focus was on getting his companion back. Vesper reached a hand in her pocket, petting the tiny mouse's head while looking at the wayward wizard. She hadn't kept her promise to him yet, and she felt extremely bad about that. Her antics the previous day had thwarted any attempt at reuniting him with Filia and she made it a point to make that her main priority today.

Vesper waits until the young shopkeeper is alone before she approaches her and whispers something to her.

Not finding the original books she was looking for, Vesper is content with grabbing a few dusty books off the shelf. Paying her bill, she shoves them in her pack and waits for her companions by the door.

Looking more towards Kirrion than Lady Vilthal, she says; "Where to next?"

Last edited by Reliq0770; 04-23-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-23-2019, 11:41 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 4249
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,787
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

The Elf nodded at Kiirion. "Sure, sounds good! Folks say us Artificers are copycats an' such since we aren't 'properly trained' an' such so gettin' t'know closer Wizardin' technique can only help!" At the very least she sounded quite eager to work alongside the spellcaster. Her gaze turned to Vesper and she nodded in confirmation of her question. "Aye, there's a chance. If I can get my bolts inscribed I could try it on some bullets. No guarantee but hey you don't know until you fail."

With the group inside the dusty general store known as Little Wares Vilthal took a moment to pull off her goggles and shake out her hair from the bit of rain the wind had blown in. Her normally upright and attentive strawberry-blonde locks were looking a great deal more flat even with a brief shower. Eventually she placed her goggles back atop her head and took a moment to look around the shop, brushing aside cobwebs and smashing dustbunnies to
Dice Investigation:
1d20+3 (7)+3 Total = 10
try and find what she was looking for. She was always one to poke around and examine first as folks could be very particular about answering one's questions. And there was no question that could keep her from acquiring precious goods, books, and materials once she discovered it.

After a few minutes of poking in various containers and sneezing away larger mountains of dust, Vilthal gave a little "Ha!" before her fingers delved into a tiny wooden box. And withing she withdrew the thing she was lookign for; A gold needle. Looked straight, still felt sharp when touched to her wrist, head looked wide enough for some thicker threads if needed... Pleased with ehr finding she laid down the coin necessary for the gold needle and once paid she carefully put it away in her large toolbelt. That done she replies to Vesper, "I think th' other store's next, yeah? Whatever it was called..."


Stat Block
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-23-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-26-2019, 12:21 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 2143
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,445
Shopping in Merchants Rest

Little Wares General Store





The rain continues to pour down against the shoddy siding and slapped together rooftop of the small general store that Vesper, Vilthal and Kiirion patronage this early afternoon. The sounds of millions of cold and heavy drops against the building battling the rising heat of the early summer day, the atmosphere slowly grows laden with humidity, with little way to escape the moisture that seems to creep through the walls and stick to your skin like honey.

left-aligned image

The studious, young girl slides her book away from her and hops down from her counter chair, rummaging through a series of drawers from a stand along the wall... "Hmn. I don't think I can help in way of herbs... but you can check with The Kitchens, surely they'd have some, I'd even wager one of the market stall merchants would as well, but no one is obviously set up in this Pounder. " She stands and looks at the gentle visage of Kiirion and pulls out a rice paper type of wrapped up brick. "We have plenty of incense however. Old Bricklebee keeps that well stocked. You only need 3 gold worth though? That's not really a lot. I can sell you the entire brick for 10 gold pieces, its worth 20." The girl points towards the sign on that sits at the counter..."All trinkets, perfumes and paper are half off this week."

Regardless of what amount Kiirion purchased, she shows you the incense at the counter and rewraps it back up in the rice-paper, then carefully puts the brick into a thin, leather bag. The bag could hold no more then the weight of the brick, but it was water proof and well made. "These bags are made by the Silversets down the road a bit. When we order through them for various things, they always come in these thin leather bags or satchels. Not worth the work in my opinion but they're decently crafted for the use of them. Enjoy, we have too many and givin them out on these rainier days. "

She does the same for Vesper's books when the beautifully clad woman suggests paying for the male elf's purchases. The shop keep gives acknowledgment and takes the amount of money owed in total, thus when Kiirion pays for the purchase, she explains that it's already been covered by one of her companions, pointing at Vesper.

Vilthal approaches the counter after rummaging through the metal wares shelves, happy with her odd find of a golden needle. Of course, one should have the quality checked to ensure it's really gold, but in appears to be what it looks to be and the girl accepts payment of a gold coin for it regardless. "Interesting choice.... if I may ask, what makes this needle any better then a normal one?" She was sincere in her question, truly curious.



Silverset Leather Co.


Besides the humidity that crept into the region from the cold rain meeting the summer noon, the air in the Silverset Leather Co was thickened with the edge of somberness and awkward but well intentioned information. Watching the Half-Orc offer such a humbling scene before them, took them both in uneasiness and confusion. Jebrin, especially, feeling the brunt of this display the most. On one hand, he wanted to reach over and give Gajine a hug on the other, he couldn't help but wonder if he was bit "touched" in the head. He coughed, clearing his throat.

Ivy and Jebrin exchange a look between them as Gordon and Gajine offer apologetic explanations as to what may have happened to Estus. While their idea of what happened to him may sound reasonable, an old man ailed by dehydration out in the desert soil of the draught ridden Pengay regions, their expression in passing the look suggested disbelief...though neither of them said anything otherwise.

Ivy, more perceptive then her hard working, singularly focused husband was, briefly caught Gordon listening to Olivia and Jebrin's exchange before Olivia found herself pulled away at the anxious request of her energetic daughter, still not following through with the chores that Ivy had set her out to finish. She shook her head and threw her hands up in the air, virtually giving up for the time being in having Ellie finish them and encouraged Olivia and MAC to dry out in the house. She called out after them through the doorway " There's clean linens in the washroom Olivia... help yourself while I start that tea!" she snickered to herself at the woman's distaste for the homebrew recipe she insisted on making her whenever she would visit. What Olivia didn't yet figure out, was that the tea calmed and settled the mind, suggesting that the one who drank it would benefit from a bit of added focus for a few hours.

The Silversets attention then returned back to Gordon and Gajine, still upon the floor, before them. Jebrin clears his throat a second time..."There's no need for such a display, please.. please.. you mistake me for someone important while we are but simple people that offer simple wares. My craft has crossed paths with followers of Gond in the past and I know them to be a creative and hardworking fellowship of people that hold the working folk in their heart of hearts."

Ivy crosses from the counterside and approaches Gajine, offering her hand. "Olivia speaks well of you both, along with others in your party? Lets clear this up over dinner in a few hours or so, we can talk of Estus and his...."situation" then. For now, please put it from your minds.."she looks to Gordon..."and speak only of this hide you brought to Jebrin." She helps Gajine back to his feet and smiles before leaving the men in the hands of her husband. "Jebrin, I'll meet you for Supper Time, hopefully with our guests. I'll need to tend to the house now and speak with Olivia." Ivy leaves the front and softly walks to the back, disappearing into the adjoining home.

left-aligned image
Jebrin gives an audible sigh of relief, he loved his wife and wouldn't know what to do without her, but he was eager to get to this business of curing the leather the Half-Orc set before him. "You fella's can just call me Jeb, since I'm not the greatest with remembering second names of all the travelers that come through on the dryer days... If you don't mind I'll call you both by your first names as well." He opens the counter top entry and encourages them to follow him..."Come on then Mister Gajine and Mister Gordon, lets discuss this piece in the shop and I'll see about lettin you use my tools....they could definitely use some refinishing and renewal if you're able to do that here". Gajine's offer was too good to pass up. Every single tool he owned was dull and dithered, even the small ones that were secured into this shop apron... all of them were in need of tending to.

Jebrin leads them to a second door behind the counter, closed and locked. Unlocking it, he steps into the small yet completely filled workshop. From tools to outdated and smaller machinery and shelves of various threads and types of leather some rolled in thick bolts while others are saved scraps of previous wares, the workshop is a laborer's paradise. He takes the hide from Gajine and stretches it across a table island in the middle of this 10x10 room, all of his tooling and likewise line the walls, ending only at the back of the door so it's just wide enough to come through. (Gajine may have a bit of difficulty with a thicker frame. ) "Lets see this beau...." he doesn't finish. "Who in the world butchered this? It looks like it was torn off with teeth instead of tools!" He is a bit exasperated at the quality of the hide that appeared to have been once a decent skin,though now mutilated. "This isn't going to be pretty, there's not enough usable material to make much... what are your intentions with it?"

Ellie giggled with her hands tucked into her lap as she sat on the floor facing Olivia. She knew better then to believe her wild explanations as to where her little gifts came from or what purposes they had. But she loved to hear all of them anyhow. Olivia was a hero to her, a role model and someone other then her stuffy Momma that only wanted her to do chores and like all the time. Who cared if the chickens has a little bit of feathers left or not, they'd just incinerate in the oven anyhow.

"If you braid my hair i'll tell you what I know!" Knowing Olivia, she'd already accepted the brush and proceeded to entertain the hairstyle that Ellie admired from the fashion articles of the newspapers that occasionally made their way into Merchant's Rest. She particularly liked the elegant bridal styles in the noble weddings columns. "Ok.. so I was minding my own business like usual and playing down at the creek, looking for ... er.. I was looking for something, but anyhow like I was saying, I was being good and all... but you know that storm grate at the end of the bridge section? The part where it's all iron bars and you can't go through?' She paused and turned her head quickly to look at her before continuing..."I saw something in there... Olivia, I swear... It was so ugly... I think it was some sort of legged fish mutation or something.. I don't know.. but I totally took off and I don't think it saw me. "

Ellie returned her head for Olivia to continue her hair, she fidgets a lot and sporadically shakes her head when talking in emphasis..."What's really really weird, Olivia, is that there's no way it could of gotten in there through the bars... I wonder if it's still there?"







-OoC-
Its roughly Noon, the storm still rages on affecting perception checks in hearing and vision while outside.
General Store: Kiirion can inquire about magical items if he wishes, if so, roll a persuasion check when you do.
Vesper- depending on the total of kiirion's incense purchase it may be 10 gp and not the 3 Gp
Vilthal- The steamstress would probably have the thread you asked about. She may have to order it. Not sure yet.

Silversets : Supper is at 6 PM on the dot! Chicken is currently being plucked and prepped. It's customary to bring a dish or drink when invited to dinner in Scarlanoa. Most of you would know this, as you've lived here all your lives.

The leather curing done by Gajine with Jebs brand new shiny tools will take 6 hours to prep and soak. Jeb won't let you stay overnight in the workshop, so by supper the material will still need another 3 hours in the bath. You can come in the morning to either finish it or let Jeb finish it and return another day to pick it up. Jeb can show you the speedier process he uses to cure (16 hours) or use the longer way to cure (1 day for poor quality, 5 for normal and 10 days for uncommon) anything over uncommon quality results in another 10 days. (20 for rare and 30 for very rare). To speed things along you can roll a d20 and if you Natural 20 it will be a legendary piece of leather and ready for you to pick up in three days.

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-26-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-26-2019, 01:17 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2019
RPXP: 2628
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 729
Olivia
left-aligned image

right-aligned image

Ellie's hair was a beautiful chestnut color that hung in long straight locks past her shoulder. It made the occasional job of braiding it significantly easier, though the girl herself did not. "Stop moving Ellie!," Olivia said laughing, "If you keep it up it's going to look like you got caught in the storm."

Ellie settled down for a moment, but excitement overcame her, as it always did, and Olivia smiled as she struggled to keep the braid together. She was not unfamiliar with the challenge though, since Ellie was always animated. In all honesty, she'd have been worried if the girl sat still.

Olivia listened attentively as Ellie recounted her experience at the river, letting out another laugh as she made the connection with what Jebrin had said downstairs. "Was it blocking the water from flowing?" she asked, and at the girl nodding Olivia shook her head gently. She'd definitely have to check in with Ivy later, it seemed Jebrin wasn't speaking in code, but was actually telling her that the river was running dry.

The tale out of any other 12 year old would have sounded like a fantastical exaggeration of something otherwise mundane, but, other than the trinkets they exchanged when she came to visit, Ellie wasn't one to embellish. That meant there really was some sort of creature stuck in the grates. "Well," she said, finishing up the braid. "it must have been pretty big to have scared a girl as brave as you." Ellie tilted her head back to look at Olivia as she continued. "but, that also proves how smart you are to have told someone rather than trying to figure it out yourself," Olivia said, taking the end of the braid and brushing it back and forth on the girls face, causing her to laugh and face forward again.

"How about I take a look at it while I'm in town okay? I promise I'll tell you all about it," she added on, knowing the girl was as curious as she was. Olivia wondered as to what it was for the fear to have overwhelmed her curiosity - and to block up the river.

Olivia sat with Ellie for another hour or so, talking about ideas Ellie had for inventions and what Olivia had been up to, including the run in with the creeper vine. Ellie laughed at Olivia's idea for her 'frog grenade,' and Olivia offered to make her one that she could hide in Lollie's room. "Speaking of which, where is your other half?" Olivia asked. Meanwhile, Olivia's other half went around the room investigating things. At one point he put on one of Ellie's hats, to her great delight. When she reached back up for it he moved away, saying "no," sounding half way between a stubborn child with a new toy and an uncle teasing his niece.

It was getting late and she knew Ivy would be waiting for her, so Olivia left Ellie's room to make her way downstairs, stopping at the washroom to throw on some dry clothes while hers finished drying out. They were snug, and the pants didn't make it past her ankles, but they would work for now.

She made her way back downstairs and into the kitchen where Ivy was prepping for dinner. She was finishing plucking a chicken, while another sat on the counter nearby. It seemed that Ellie hadn't gotten far on her chores before she'd been distracted. "Sorry, Ivy, I got a bit preoccupied," Olivia explained as she walked over to help pluck the other chicken. "How is everyone?" she inquired while her hands pulled feathers off of their soon to be dinner.



Stat Block - Olivia
 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-29-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB