RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-22-2019, 08:24 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3407
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Fenmire Dynasties

Game NameFenmire Dynasties
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeSurvival, Sandbox, Exploration
FlavourGrim, Knife-to-the-Throat Co-Op, Role-Play Heavy
Plot Summary
Background
Vari Fenmire was a brutal ruler that carved out a land of his own in the swamps, as much financial enterprise as free state. The man worked his way from smuggler to warlord by taking the land and subjects no kingdom wanted and turning them into his own force. Pirates, brigands, smugglers, and thieves; all were welcome in the black pools of Vari Fenmire.

Vari eliminated the bands of kobolds and yaun-ti to clear the lands. He tamed the orcs and brought them to his service. Through fear and blackmail, Vari managed to keep the neighbouring kingdoms at bay. He built his riches and strength as his bannermen slowly solidified his rule. Though never as respected as his neighbours, he kept his lands from being overrun and made their independence strong.

Recently, Vari's only legitimate son, Celcus, plotted with the general and second-in-command, Elijah, to assassinate Vari and take control. Unfortunately for Celcus, the Fenmire has always been a land where might overrules birthright. Still, there are many who respected Vari and would side with any of his children that came to make a claim.

This presents a problem for Elijah. Vari was a known womaniser, and while he only had one legitimate child, even a bastard has a better claim to rule than Elijah. In response, the general has posted bounties and formed death squads to hunt down any remaining children of Vari.

Application
Backstory: You're a child of Vari and that should reflect in your story. Don't forget to include your mother and her tie to Vari.
Race: Must have some form of human lineage. Options include:
  • Variant allowedHuman
  • Half-Elf
  • Half-Orc
  • Tiefling
  • Aasmir
If you feel I missed something, or if you want to try to make a case, ask. The worst I can do is say no.
Class: Start at level 3, no multi-classing yet
Background: The mechanic. Should work into your Backstory.

FAQs
  • Starting Level: 3
  • Equipment: Starting by Class
  • Feats: Allowed
  • Abilities: 4d6kh3 with a twist. Will be explained to accepted players.
  • Players: 6
  • Posting Rate: High. 3+/Week. Please only apply if you can commit to a high post rate.
  • HP: Max at all levels
  • Sourcebooks: PHB, VGtM, XGtE, SCAG, MToF
    Ask about others.
  • Application Deadline: TBD. At least two weeks (5/5)

Known Siblings
NameGenderRace, Position, StatusMotherRaceClassBackgroundLocation
CelcusMHuman, Vari's Wife, DeceasedDesraHumanN/ANobleDead
UmbrusMOrc, Slave, Inherited by ElijahClurshHalf-OrcBarbarianSoldierOn Patrol
TeresFElf, Concubine, Inherited by ElijahErellaHalf-ElfWizard (Diviner)Cloistered ScholarForeign Court
CleptusFHuman, Mistress, MissingIsabelleHumanRogueThiefIn Hiding
UrsulaFHalf-Elf, Ambassador, DisgracedIdranHalf-ElfDruidOutlanderUnknown
SylviaFHalf-Elf, Ambassador, DisgracedIdranHalf-ElfRangerOutlanderUnknown
SaleenFTiefling, Captain, AWOLAstridTieflingSorcererPirateAWOL

ApplicationsHandy reference table. Please don't worry about it if someone else applied with the class you wanted. We're not trying to build the perfectly balanced party. I'm looking for great backstories.

Complete/WIP/Interest/Needs...: How finished you seem at a glance based on my ability to fill the other fields. You are the final judge of when you're happy with your application.

PlayerCharacter NameRaceClassSubclassBackgroundStatus
tomplumIggi kor ShargaasFallen AasimarWarlockUndying/ChainSageComplete
KhamLucRystael GwyzorHalf-ElfDruidShepherd or MoonSpyComplete
StormhammerCaldon "One Eye"HumanRogue OutlanderNeeds Subclass
voodoozombieMaman Brigitt SamediHumanPaladinOathbreakerWIP 
HarknessFaldon CratiaHalf-ElfWarlockArchfey/TomeNobleComplete
Jim FaindelSaraseenTieflingPaladinConquest or VengeanceInheritorComplete
RadarDTalash StahlYuan-Ti PurebloodSorcererShadowCharlatanComplete
Hiruma KohakuBrittney SynthielHalf-ElfBardGlamourCharlatanComplete
NikolasWash RushWater GenasiRangerGloom StalkerSailorCompete
OdysseyKade GhostheartScourge AasimarWarlockHexbladeUrchinComplete
Empress MothTranquility "Quill" VarisdaughterTieflingBardWhispersArtisanComplete
TomBombadilKyris VicelordTieflingCleric??AcolyteNeeds Subclass
MoldyNoldsSoloman DoorsHalf-ElfDruidSporeHermitComplete
Solitare64Braug ProwlsonHalf-OrcFighterBattlemasterSoilderCompete

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 05-04-2019 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3405
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Well this looks interesting...

Just to be clear, the known siblings list is for information purposes only, and we would still be making our own characters (not choosing from the current set of known siblings), right?
Old 04-22-2019, 08:39 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Correct, they're NPCs. You make your own son or daughter of Vari. You can make ties to them in your backstory if you'd like, but they're mostly for later.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:11 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 740
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Interest !
i'm working on something
Old 04-23-2019, 06:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1628
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Interesting concept. You say that the game will be co-operative but considering all players are potential heirs it seems more set up for competition. I can see them banding together against a common, more powerful enemy (Elijah), but what happens when the group gets stronger? Maybe I’m overthinking this, I suppose that eventuality is a long time away.

I have an application in to another game at the moment, if I’m unsuccessful there I will definitely apply here.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
The long play could potentially see players turning on each other, but at the beginning you’ll need each other.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6928
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Backstory: Some pools in the Fenmire are blacker than others.

Stories of Vari Fenmire spread far and wide across the realms attracting the attention of local rivals, foreign kings, pirate lords, thieves' guilds and smugglers. They also caught the attention of those who would attempt to 'save' the people of the swamps from the folly of their ruler. It was with this intent in mind that a priestess of light walked into a land of darkness. Her name was Divinity and she was the paragon of her faith, god-touched. Her arrival caused quite a stir in the upstart kingdom and her presence quickly caught the attention of Vari who invited her to his fortress with the intention of killing her and ending her noble quest of enlightenment. So struck was he by her beauty and virtue, that he immediately fell for the young woman. Vari was not one to remain smitten for long but he did favor Divinity long enough to sire a child within her, The boy was born and shared his mother's closeness to the divine and they name him Nenlar. Divinity feared for her son and did not want him raised in the wicked kingdom and so she stole the child in the night and fled into the swamps. Vari personally led the hunting party and killed her with his own hand. The child was returned to Vari's stronghold. Nenlar showed an amazing aptitude for magic and so was given a sage's training under the tutelage of an orc shaman and necromancer named Master Gorush and a wizard known only as The Necromancer.

The pair had been working together for years to uncover an ancient orcish temple in ruins that had long ago fallen into Yuan-ti hands. Since those snake people had been driven out by Vari, the opportunity to rediscover the location of Shargaas' shrine was once again possible.

With the location secured, the trio of spell casters descended into the ruined depths under the swamp to find the Altar of Shargaas. It was Nenlar who found the stone block and upon it, the desiccated bat. Thoughts of power and ruin filled the young man's mind along with the urge to consume the bat. Nenlar found himself longing for such power, took up the bat and ate of its rotten flesh.

His cries of agony and anguish could be heard in the chambers above. When Gorush and the Necromancer found him, he was hardly himself. The white glow that his eyes had formerly held was now a crimson red. His blonde hair had fallen out and his pinkish human skin had been replaced by the ruddy brown overtones of the orc. His face had contorted and twisted, tusks had grown from his mouth and his ears had grown pointed. Gorush knew that he was witnessing a blessing from Shargaas and that Nenlar was to be revered in is new form. He slew the Necromancer and adorned the new orc in the man's robes and gave him the warlock's tome. Within the Shrine of Shargaas, the pair would suss out the secrets of immortality, death and the long night of the underground world.

Nenlor disowned his name and the heritage of his mother, embracing his new reality and naming himself the Child of Shargaas, Iggi kor Shargaas.

right-aligned image
Name: Iggi kor Shargaas

Race: Fallen Aasimar

Class: Warlock

Patron: The Undying; Pact of the Chain

Shargaas - Orchish deity of darkness, night, stealth, thieves, and the undead.

Alignment: LE

Background: Sage

Personality: I'm convinced that people are always trying to steal my secrets.

Ideal: Knowledge is the path to power and domination.

Bond: I sold my soul for knowledge. I hope to do great deeds and win it back.

Flaw: Unlocking an ancient mystery is worth the price of a civilization.

Info about Gorush Race: Orc

Class: Cleric (Death Domain)

Background: Sage

Level: I think that may depend on when you'd want to use them in the story or what you'd want them to be able to do.

Last edited by tomplum; 05-03-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:01 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 740
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Application
Rystael Gwyzor
Backstory: Some pools in the Fenmire are "Brighter" than others.

Name: Rystael Gwyzor
left-aligned image

Race: Half-elf
Alignment: CG
Class: Druid ( Shephard... if I can ? or Moon... or to be determined)
Background: Spy ( espionage agent: run away )
Personality Traits: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
Ideal: Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Bond: I'm guilty of a terrible crime. I hope I can redeem myself for it.
Flaw: I have a tell that reveals when I'm lying.

Appearance: Delicate and Frail, she moves with ease like if every dance was so natural... it's more obvious in the wood when she's performing for nature all around her... it's like if all living thing fusing with her spirit. She likes to wear a light robe. wearing adventurer stuff only when the time needs it.
Personality: Always Smiling. Rystael likes to be in the front to be remark with "Hoe". Her mockery is appreciated by those who ear ... except in a fight... that usually enrage her target. Nothing seems serious for her, like if life was a gift. A gift even in these dark apocalyptical worlds. She takes care of everybody she considers her family, even those who don't always deserve it.

History: Rystael has been raised away from her tribe. Left for dead as a lonely child without any interest for raider. Claim back as a slave by a thief guild, they find that her skill was better in charming and entertaining during an undercover mission. But the role of being placed in the front line has not prevented her curiosity learn some dark way of the underground. After many years she buyback her slavery debt. One day, on a scouting mission, She decides that its gonna be the last one. She stays in a lost village where his target was supposedly hiding there. Something mystical happens between her and he target Slide. A friendship that no one can never wonder have. She learns that someone has put Rystael on the tail of Slide because she has a link with her. They were twins, and Slide needs help. Rystael never returns to the city since then... but learn a new way of living, a way nearest from her lineage, from her blood, from her heart, from her family.
Motivation: Many years later, she lost her sister. She's nuts now. One of his old companions told her how sick she was, shortly after he first meets her in The Famous Dungeons! Elven Magic Reveal that some of the siblings of his father play with darkness and made a pack that as some consequence and that the sanity of Slide, her sister twins, was an indirect price to pay. Maybe some other was handicapped for the benefit of others... And That is not fair. She will try to find how to stop that nonsense.
Her Mother said one day a name of renown: Vari Fenmire. It was her father who was never been there for her. But she will be there for her twins. Now It's time that she met her father to find what happening and what causes this madness. Only one thing in mind: find what she needs to cure her sister.

Last edited by KhamLuc; 04-24-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Half-Orc Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5276
Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer
right-aligned image
Name: Caldon "One Eye"
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Ideal: "There is nothing immoral or unethical about thievery."
Bond: "All I've ever known is how to be a rogue."
Flaw: "I'm sensitive and easily offended about the loss of my eye."

Appearance: Unlike most rogues, Caldon is short and round. He keeps his brown beard trimmed short, although he wears a thick mustache. He wears a leather patch over his right eye.

Background: The bastard child of Vari and a common wench, his mother abandoned him on the steps of a temple as a babe. Unable to care for the child, the clerics found a suitable home for the child with Abraham, a kind and gentle hermit who lived in the swamps. However, unbeknownst to the clerics was the fact that Abraham was not the harmless old man people thought him to be, for he had been a treacherous and bloodthirsty brigand in his youth. When Caldon was five years old, Abraham started sending the boy into the nearby town to steal food and other goods from the market. During his adolescent years, Caldon learned some of the finer points of thievery, such as how to disable locks and pick pockets. It was around his fifteenth birthday that Abraham took the boy to the big city in order to test his abilities as a rogue.

Abraham broke into a mercantile warehouse while Caldon served as his lookout. Unfortunately, the two men were spied by a guard who rang an alarm. Caldon and Abraham were arrested and thrown into a dungeon to await judgment by the local magistrate. With strict laws against thievery, Abraham was promptly executed without a formal trial. Caldon, for his crime as lookout, was restrained as his right eye was poked out with a sharp stick. He was then run out of town into the wilderness. There he lived for several years as a hermit.

Last edited by Stormhammer; 04-24-2019 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1477
RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD
@Numen Wraith Are you open to the idea of yuan - ti pureblood race from Volo's?
Basic justification is the mother was in one of the yuan ti settlements that was destroyed, either pretended to be a captive and was "rescued" then taken by Vari, or was known to be yuan ti and still taken by Vari.
Besed on Vari's description I can see him breeding with her knowing she was yuan ti just to see what happened.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:59 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarD View Post
@Numen Wraith Are you open to the idea of yuan - ti pureblood race from Volo's?
Basic justification is the mother was in one of the yuan ti settlements that was destroyed, either pretended to be a captive and was "rescued" then taken by Vari, or was known to be yuan ti and still taken by Vari.
Besed on Vari's description I can see him breeding with her knowing she was yuan ti just to see what happened.
Go ahead and write it up. If your backstory is compelling enough, we'll go with it.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1121
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Well this sounds interesting. Throwing my hat in for this one! Are variant Tieflings allowed such as the Winged and Feral from SCAG or the infernal bloodlines from MToF? Paladin Oathbreaker or Cleric: Death Domain from the DM guide allowed?z

WIP

Name: Maman Brigitte Samedi, Baroness of the Dead
Race: Human, Variant
Class: Paladin: Oathbreaker
Background: Far Traveler

Personality Traits: I honor my ancestral spirit through practices that are probably foreign to this land. I perform small traditional rituals that are unfamiliar to those around me.
Ideal: As someone new to these strange lands, I am cautious in my dealings with these foreigners. I must be careful because I don’t know friend from foe here.
Bond: So long as I have this token from my homeland, I can face any challenge in this strange land. I also know that the ancestral spirits of my homeland are watching over me and are a comfort to me so far from home.
Flaw: I don't understand why the people of this land believe in gods that don't care for them. These foreign gods don't even join their worshipers in celebration when they perform rituals in their honor. Silly foreigners.

Appearance: : Brigitte wears loose fitting clothing with many charms hanging from both her belt and a necklace around her neck. She has tattoos on both arms and wears a white scarf wrapped around her head. Her dark eyes match the dark, tight curls of her hair, which can be seen peeking out from under the scarf. Her skin is a light brown tan, the only evidence of her foreign father.

Personality: Brigitte is a very confident person, both in herself and who she is. She’s proud of her Island heritage and isn’t ashamed of her parents. Outgoing, she enjoys life to the fullest whenever she can. She also enjoys the company of others and likes getting to know the people around her. When she walks, it with her head held high while her steps have a spring to them. A cheerful person, Brigitte is very comfortable with who she is and where she came from.

Last edited by voodoozombie; 05-06-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:40 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15146
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Very cool game idea. What are your thoughts on the revised ranger, Numen?

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa
Old 04-25-2019, 05:32 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 440
cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77
Was going to ask the same about ranger but I’ll switch gears instead. Any chance of a half human half halflings? I’d just write it up mechanically as a halflings that’s slightly taller/larger.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:01 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8917
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
Would you allow Oathbreaker for Paladin, and have them be quasi-evil? (Like the Diet Coke of Evil)