RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-25-2019, 12:29 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3399
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
UA Variant Ranger - There are parts I like and parts I don't. Apply as a ranger, and if you're selected, we'll hash out the details. If it's an all or nothing deal-breaker, then I'd suggest another class.

Halfling - Go ahead and make the application. I can see it working.

Oathbreaker - Works with a good backstory. Go for it.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:11 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15046
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
UA Variant Ranger - There are parts I like and parts I don't. Apply as a ranger, and if you're selected, we'll hash out the details. If it's an all or nothing deal-breaker, then I'd suggest another class.
Awesome. If we can come up with something that falls between the corebook ranger, which is deeply wanting, and the revised ranger, which is admittedly a bit much, I'll be super into it. Mechanically, the concept could also work well with the rogue's scout archetype. Thanks for keeping the option open. Application incoming over the weekend.

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 04-25-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2433
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Old 04-25-2019, 03:20 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Old 04-26-2019, 10:12 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Harkness
Application

Name: Faldon Cratia
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Warlock (Archfey, Pact of the Tome)
Background: Disowned Noble
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: "Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want."
Ideal: " I seek to prove my self worthy of my patron's favor by achieving fame and glory."
Bond: "I'm trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor."
Flaw: "I will never fully trust anyone other than myself."

Appearance:
He smiles near-constantly with a mirthful grin. Whether he is truly amused or simply putting up a facade, he has mastered separating his face from his feelings. No matter how well-dressed, or how lively he seems, a keen eye can see Faldon's cold eyes are distanced from his warm face. A dark haired Half-Elf, with green eyes and pale skin.

Background: A noble too distantly related to be given anything more than a nice title, Faldon's mother Enxisys wanted power at any cost. Naturally, having a child with a bloodthirsty ruler was a quick way to achieve that. Bringing up her son on her own, teaching him courtly intrigue, she had prepared to convince Vari to leave his legitimate wife for her.

Unfortunately Vari sent her off with a small sum of gold, enough for a prostitute's work. Enraged, Enxisys sought the help of Auril, the FrostMaiden, for revenge against the kingdom of Fenmire. Auril agreed, but only at the cost of her son's life. To Faldon's shock, she agreed without pretense or hesitation.

Fortunately enough for Faldon, Lurue, Queen of Talking Beasts, decided at that moment to call in a favour from the other Archfey earned in one of the mercurial games of the Archfey. Eventually Faldon was told he would be subject to the patronage of Lurue, in exchange for his life. A good enough bargain. With the Archfey disappearing into the Feywilds, Faldon's relationship with his mother naturally soured, and he parted ways with her.

Lurue barely contacted him over the years, and he filled the time between building connections and pursuing his pleasures. Now a young man, Faldon doesn't see danger in Fenmire. He sees opportunity, to get as much as he can and keep his skin intact at the same time. For the Fey are mercurial creatures, and he may be forced into confrontation sooner than he knows.
Information about Enxisys

Race: Elf

Class: Witch

Background: Disgraced Noble. I see her much like a Morrigan from Dragon Age: Inquisition type of character, someone who's learnt magic but respects and covets the power that nobility can grant her. She's not so spiteful as to kill Faldon outright for denying her chance at revenge, but she's estranged from him for all intents and purposes. She'd only involve herself in events as far as something benefits her directly.

Level: Would depend on your choice, I imagine she's not any higher than 5 or so and just lucked out in summoning an Archfey due to her elven nature and appealing to Auril's domain with her malice for Vari. If you wanted her to be more of a direct adversary, she could end up in the patronage of Auril.

Last edited by Harkness; 05-15-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:59 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2789
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
I am thinking of making a tiefling paladin, would you consider the Oath of Conquest subclass from Xanathar's? To me it sounds fitting enough for such a setting, though the backstory I am thinking of would also work for someone under an Oath of Vengeance.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:56 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Both are completely fine.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1477
RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD
Talash (Stahl)
right-aligned image
Backstory:
Eztli was a pureblood, the bottom tier of yuan ti society. An attractive woman by human standards, bearing only a forked tongue and snakelike eyes she was often sent in to the burgeoning human settlements to gather information. Neither her nor the other spies had anticipated the rise of Vari Fenmire. His conquest was swift, none of the yuan ti cities were prepared for the brutality. It was not long before Eztli found herself face to face with Vari himself as he plundered her city and put the yuan ti to death. Left to delay Vari by her superiors and taught to do whatever it takes to survive Eztli put her skills of seduction to the test, hoping that Vari’s womanizing ways would give her an advantage.
“I’ve been waiting for you.” She spoke leaning seductively on the bed frame as Vari entered. Her words washed over him though it was unclear if it was her efforts or Vari’s natural desire that caused him to claim her. Few could say they had a yuan ti mistress and Vari was always one to be one of the few.

Though it was her intent to be a living captive rather than another dead body of her city her time with Vari was worse than she anticipated. Her charms were for naught and though she looked down on all humans at least some had seen her beauty and admired her. Vari saw only another conquest and she loathed him for his arrogance and the way he used her.

It was after she bore his child that his interest in her was extinguished. Perhaps he was hoping for some kind of abomination he could show off but all he got was a normal looking boy, not a sign of the snake upon him. Eztli thought she would loathe the child as much as Vari but instead she saw in him an opportunity for revenge. She named the boy Talash and though he had yet to show signs of his yuan ti heritage she knew it was only a matter of time and by then he would be the instrument of revenge for her and her people.

The plot was easier planned than executed. Having bargained for a few years for the boy to show his heritage she had a brief period of respite, holding just enough of Vari’s interest to hold the others at bay. But as Vari’s interest waned it became more dangerous as her captors began to take liberties of their own. When Talash was 5 Eztli could remain no longer. Talash made his first kill as they fled captivity but with no home to return to they were forced to the underbelly of the city.

Eztli wasted no time in training the boy. It began with impersonating children, having stalked a family for some time they would kidnap the child and Talash would take their place long enough to rob the family. Sometimes the child would be returned sometimes not. Talash quickly learned the expendability of others for his own gain but without the hierarchy of yuan ti society it left him feeling lost.

When Talash was 17 his life changed drastically once again. He was conning a young woman, pretending to be her betrothed to relieve her of her dowry. The interaction became physical and when he removed his shirt the girl shrieked. Looking down at his chest he saw the large patch of black scales, his yuan ti heritage finally showing through. He was not prepared for this and things went bad quickly. Soon Talash and Eztli were fleeing through the streets with heavy pursuit, crossbow bolts were flying by and then struck true. Two took Talash in the back and even more struck his mother. He would never see her again as he tumbled in to the canal and she fell in the street.

With his vision clouded in shadow Talash thought this was the end. These were not the shadows of death however. The near death experience awoke another aspect of his heritage, his connection to the shadowfell. To his surprise he awoke from his shadowy visions propped up in a sewer grate along the canal. The next few years were a difficult time as Talash came to grips with the loss of his mother and his newfound powers. Not difficult in an emotional sense as he still had the innate dispassion for life of a yuan ti but difficult in finding his purpose.

Not fully committed to his mothers ideal of revenge Talash fell back on his training and began creating new identities and conning his way through the city. To live in the streets and not in the sewers he created a new identity for himself. Stahl, a street vendor, making just enough acquaintances to provide a good cover for his true job of fencing jewels, most of which he steals himself. When Vari was assassinated Talash was curious how things in the city would change. It was easy enough to impersonate a soldier long enough to be told that any spawn of Vari were being hunted.

Despite being a spawn of Vari Talash was not concerned he would be caught, instead he saw an opportunity. Talash began looking for his half siblings, perhaps they would be willing to pay to keep their secret. If not then those working with Celcus and Elijah certainly would. Blackmail was usually easy money.

Race: Yuan Ti Pureblood
Class: Sorcerer (Shadow magic)
Background: Charlatan

Appearance: Talash appears for all intents and purposes to be a rather dashing human male. His yuan ti heritage can currently only be seen as black scales on his chest and back where the arrows struck. It seems each week a new scale appears, he hides this aspect by always wearing a tight fitting vest under any other clothes. Talash spends most of his time in various guises.

Last edited by RadarD; 04-28-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:49 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Voodoozombie, sorry. I missed this:

Are variant Tieflings allowed such as the Winged and Feral from SCAG or the infernal bloodlines from MToF? Paladin Oathbreaker or Cleric: Death Domain from the DM guide allowed?

Tieflings-
Variant:
  • Winged: No,
  • Devil's Tongue: Yes
  • Hellfire: Yes
Swapping +2 CHA for +2 DEXFeral: Yes
Bloodlines: Yes

Classes-
Oathbreaker: Yes
Death domain: Yes
Old 04-27-2019, 02:00 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2789
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Saraseen, the Hell Knight

Backstory: Vari, in his thirst for thrill and conquest, had taken his sights to the coasts that connected the swamplands he wished to have under him with the seas beyond. With might and cunning he'd stake claim to all land up to that point, and intended to keep any further would-be conquerors at bay from that safe harbor, but all his best-laid plans would be thrown into disarray by the advances of an unstoppable pirate fleet, before which each of his captains did bend the knee rather than surrendering their lives. The one that had fought back against his vision, having matched Vari's ferocity and tactics fight after fight, was the fearful Hell Queen, as the sailors called her. In the end, fascinated by the hellish woman that had made a mockery of his forces, the warlord offered a deal to Captain Astrid, the Hell Queen: to join his ranks and protect the coast in his stead, receiving tribute from the costal towns rather raiding them, thus becoming an ally of the crown.

In the end, the Hell Queen did agree to this parley, but only under one strict condition: that Vari the Conqueror would grant her a child, so that when time came, her bloodline could claim their right to the waters they helped protect. The tyrant, weak to the promise of flesh and caring little for any children or promises made, accepted without questioning Astrid's intentions, nor the fiendish blood running through her veins. From their union, not one but two children were born: a girl that would be named Saleen, gifted with magic, and a boy named Saraseen, destined for the blade. Upon their birth, they were both marked with a powerful seal, the scars which bound them claiming their birthrights before the eyes of Zariel, the arch-devil whose blood they shared, and the Doombringer Hoar, the Exarch of Bane and god of Retribution, who would forever bear witness over them.

And so the children had grown under their mother's and their patrons' watchful eyes, gaining wisdom, stature and power each in their own way. Sharaseen, the boy now turned man, had grown large as a fiend far away from his father's eyes, with the marks that covered his flesh acting as an ever-present reminder of the destiny he'd one day reclaim. He was never blessed with his sister's powers, nor was he a sailor capable enough to inherit the Hell Queen's fleet, but his own gifts were not lesser than Saleen's, however, for he had within him the soul of a conqueror, just as Vari did, and as his skill with the blade increased, so did his commanding presence, his strategic mind and his unwavering will.

"Saleem, tell me, what is the point of this wait? Wouldn't it be better to take the fleet and storm the coast once more? I tire of waiting, and our inheritance is no closer no matter how many galleons we sink and would-be corsairs we drawn. Can we even trust on Vari to hold his end of the bargain after all these years? Who can say how many bastards that man has populated his kingdom with anyway? It is unlikely no one would impede us from staking our claim even if he were to name us his heirs." The young man had argued as he trained aboard the Hell Queen's flagship, like he had done countless times since learning from his fate, and like each time before, Saleen just laughed at his rash and foolish attitude, saying "Talk about inheritance once you've become worthy of being called a heir. Who would want to follow someone who can't even hold a sword upright or swim to shore without drowning? And besides, you are far too quick to assume I would let you reign by my side, after all, I am a whole two minutes older than you, so you'll be lucky if I allow you to remain alive once all is said and done!"

And like all those other times, he did stay silent, unarmed by his sister's words yet resolute to prove his worth through action. Eventually, the day of Vari's death did come, after years of biding his time and holding out hope, Saraseen felt a rush of excitement wash over him like an unbreakable wave while his father's banner-men climbed unto the ship seeking to parley with them. But upon hearing the news of his father's passing, instead of the fulfillment of a long-awaited promise, what he received was a sword at his throat. "SALEEN! IT'S A TRAP, BURN THEM ALL!" He had managed to shout while tasting his own blood escape him, as an ambush and mutiny took place without him being able to stop it, without him being able to put his years of practice to the test and prove his worth before his sister, his men, or even himself. The last thing the young man saw before being thrown overboard with a blade still piercing him was his sister fending off Elijah's men with her magic, setting their ship ablaze with demonic flames. Then the cold waters took him and his body hit the cold reefs with a thunderous crack that mercifully sent him into a dreamless sleep.

As life escaped him, he felt no pain, only shame and the weight of the salty water in his lungs. Then he heard a voice. At first, he thought it was his mother's, but the Hell Queen had never spoken as kindly to her son, so he listened intently, as if that woman's every word were a breath of fresh air bringing him back from the brink. "Will you not stake your claim? Will you not seek retribution? I can sense your indignation, your fury, your desire to take what is yours, and to make yours all that has been taken away. You are far from done in this world Saraseen, for I will see you scorch these lands yet. Rise, for you must douse the flames of hope in your enemies' hearts. Rise oh knight, and rule those that betrayed you with an iron fist. Rise my Hell Knight, for you shall rule until a stronger one arises. Then you must grow mightier and meet the challenge, or fall to your own ruin, but you have no right to fall now."

He had awoken with the next dawn, half-drowned and severely weakened due to the blood loss, but alive and far away from danger, somewhere along the shore. There were signs of someone else having dragged him out of the water and walking away, yet his savior was nowhere to be seen. He could feel the marks upon his body burning into his flesh, stirring him to action with a conviction he hadn't known he had, and a resolve that he still didn't entirely believe to be his own. It was then, after retrieving the blade that had almost claimed his life and raising it as his own, that he sworn to take back what had been stolen from him, and make those responsible pay with their lives: an oath that the powers watching over him would not let go unheard, granting their Hell Knight with the powers he'd need in order to set out on his journey of conquest.

From there, he ventured forward into the swamplands, seeking all those that much as he did demanded justice over his father's death. After all, not even Vari Fenmire had been able to conquer alone, and Saraseen suspected he would not be the only orphan heir seeking retribution against Elijah, that murderous knave. As he made his way into the nearest port, he recognized his face and name among the wanted men listed to be hanged, but as luck would have it, instead of Elijah's mercenaries it was a young boy that recognized and approached him, saying he'd report him like all other Vari's bastards unless he coughed up some coin. His first instinct would have been to strike that foolish would-be black-mailer down, but a flash of divine inspiration did strike him, and with a smile he replied "Say, what if I told you there could be much more coin in it for you, if you would instead lead me to these bastards you speak of? These brothers and sisters of mine may need a strong arm besides them, and I could use all the allies I can get as well." Before offering to keep that conversation going at a close and hopefully safe tavern just outside the city's walls.

Race: Avernus Tiefling (Blood of Zariel)
Class: Oath of Conquest Paladin
Background: Inheritor
Alignment: True Neutral

Edited in order to flesh out the character a bit more, hope he sticks the landing!
Second edit mentioning someone saving him from drowning, left open in case someone wants to drag the tiefling paladin out of the water, maybe give him CPR if they are feeling cute!

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 05-04-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:59 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 501
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
Are genasi considered of human lineage here?
Old 04-27-2019, 03:48 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Name: Brittney Synthiel (alternate identity: Sarah Cormyr)
Race: Half Elf
Class: Bard (College of Glamour)
Background: Charlatan
Alignment: Neutral
Personality Trait: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
Ideal: I’m determined to make something of myself.
Bond: I come from a noble family, and one day I’ll reclaim my lands and title from those who killed my father.
Flaw: I’m convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.

Backstory: Brittney’s mother, Elaina, was an elven prostitute just making her way in the world and surviving. She traveled from town to town looking for the wealthiest customers. If she was going to live this lifestyle, she was at least going to try and live in comfort doing it. This led her to the swamp kingdom and its ruler, Vari. Elaina was no amateur in her trade. She presented herself well and high class in fine silks. She had some standards after all. Her skills also included a soothing voice that could calm beasts and pull at the heart strings of men. She caught the eye of Vari after a wonderful performance in his court. He paid her handsomely and became his personal consort for a time at least until she became pregnant with his child. It came as no surprise to Elaina that she was no longer wanted. It was a good ride while it lasted. She had saved enough of her earnings to purchase a quaint home on the outskirts of the swamp kingdom and raise her daughter, Brittney.

Brittney had an ok childhood. It was normal compared to most. She had acquired her mother’s looks and her father’s ambition. She wasn’t satisfied with becoming another mundane nobody in the world. The young half elf wanted more and knew the path to success was most often on the backs of others. A pout here got her a discount on a dress, a wink here got her free drinks, and a bite of her lower lip made the authorities look the other way. A King was not the master of nothing. He ruled over others, whether it be by choice or not. To hold power in that swamp took might but not necessarily that of your own abilities. Even the general knew that. The ruler needed the approval of the people. Brittney was warned by her mother to keep her identity a secret should anyone try to eliminate any traces of Vari. So an alternate identity was made with proper forgeries and disguise. She masqueraded as a veiled courtesan skilled in the art of seductive dance and song. She performed for many nobles and military camps securing herself funds to live on. One of her dances in a far out village caught the attention of a dryad that had been watching. The dryad snuck into her room one night and whispered into her ear. “If you wish to steal the hearts of others, come find me.” Before Brittney could open her eyes, the dryad was gone.

The bard searched the nearby woods and finally came upon the dryad’s tree. The dryad wanted to live vicariously through the half elf as she could only charm the men of the village close to her tree. So she decided to instruct Brittney in the ways of fey beauty and enchantment. Over the next few months, the half elf learned skills and powers that she could never learn from her mother. She was now equipped to make her moves on the crown at the news of Vari and his son’s death. She would need others to help secure the crown for either herself of someone she could act as advisor to. Either position would satisfy her ambition.

This is the background of my character’s mother including my proposal for the business that she runs in town and how she impacts the surrounding community. I understand that the DM may include some, all, or none of the following:

Silken Sheets (House of Ill Repute)
The Silken Sheets is the local house of ill repute. It does well to differentiate itself from the more common versions of it type by making it more high class when it comes to the ladies and the interior of the building. The inside of the building is lavished with comfortable leather couches and minor form of games for entertainment. A full bar sits to the left ran by some the ladies depending on whether it was their shift or not. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling and all the wooden stools were stained and polished a dark red. The business houses twelve employees including ten ladies of the night and two bouncers. The women range from dainty halflings to more robust half orc women for the men who like it rough. Every lady was dressed for fashion as if she were attending a ball later that night. They treated their clients with respect and treated them like nobility. The two bodyguards are Cathran, a human female, and a half orc female named Gruuth. They deal with unruly clients that try to start fights or endanger the other ladies. Those few clients unlucky enough to have severely injured one of the employees are dragged off to the Mistress’s office by the bodyguards. They simply toss them into the room and lock the heavy metal door from the outside and wait. Inside the office, the offender would turn to see the mistress and boss of the establishment, Elaine.

Elaine is a high elf business woman who started her career as a traveling prostitute and vocal performer. After years of working her way up the social ladder to become the personal consort of the ruler Vari, she eventually took her savings and started this house of ill repute for women who tried selling themselves to the seedier parts of the area without any protection or were taken advantage of. This way, they could earn an affluent wage while having the security of Elaine and her influence in the underworld.

Let’s get back to the poor hapless drunk who was sent to her office for striking one of her girls shall we? The man turns look at Elaine and his jaw drops. The elf wore a silken robe of dark purple that hung on (and off) of her in just the right spots and hugged her curves. She kept her decency, but it would not take much for the robe to fall down. She was middle aged but her features showed little sign of age. Her light brown hair flowed down her back midway. Her skin clear and smooth as porcelain. The hazel eyes though were cold and piercing. “So you decided that one of my girls would be your personal punching bag do you? Well that just simply won’t do now will it? I’ve had past lovers like you before. I will deal with you now in the same manner I dealt with them.” On her desk is a stiletto made of pure silver. She picks it up and flicks it with her fingernail. The blade vibrates with a low hum. The man stands up straight as board with his arms locked at his sides. He couldn’t move no matter how hard he tried.

Elaine looked at him with a look that could freeze water. She raised the tip of the blade to his left cheek and began a diagonal cut to his back left jaw. The physical damage was minor, but the man could feel his warm blood start to ooze out of his nose, ears, and eyes as it felt like his brain was being slowly squeezed by an unseen hand. She whispered something into his ear that caused all of the color in his face to disappear. He began to shake with fear and his eyes opened wide much like that of a fish staring into and open shark’s mouth. The next cut completed the X on his left cheek and again his brain felt like it was being crushed. She stepped back to observe her work and nodded in satisfaction. Next, she chanted some arcane words as she touched his bleeding cheek to stop the bleeding. When she pulled her hand away, only a fresh, prominent scar remained. The Mistress then tapped softly on the metal door for the two guards to escort the client out. They removed him from the office and tossed him into the street with all his belongings. He lay there in the fetal position rocking back and forth muttering complete nonsense.

The gang that had been standing nearby saw the man and started walking over to take his valuables. When they saw the scar in his cheek, the leader backed up a step and held his hands up. “Nope not going near one of Elaine’s Marked. I’d like to not have myself on Elaine’s bad side today.” The gang turned around and walked away. In fact, the next day anyone who looked at him and saw the mark immediately looked away and didn’t speak to him. When he returned to his captain’s ship, the captain told him he would have to stay in the brig until they left port. The captain had a deal with Elaine from years back and he wasn’t going to let that turn sour.

Elaine Synthiel: Mistress of Silken Sheets and mother of Brittney Synthiel
10th lvl High elf Bard (College of Whispers)
Background: Criminal
Skills: Deception, Stealth, Persuasion, Performance, Intimidation, Perception, Insight
Tool Proficiencies: Dice game set and Thieves Tools
Skill expertise: Persuasion, Performance, Deception, Intimidation
Spells of note: Raise Dead, Modify Memory, Geas, Hold person
Magical Secrets: Mordenkainen’s Private Sanctum & Revivify

Cathran: Human female Bodyguard
5th lvl Monk (Way of the Open Palm)

Gruuth: Half orc female Bodyguard
5th lvl Fighter (Battle Master)

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; 05-03-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Added traits, added mother’s backstory
Old 04-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 501
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
In case genasi are acceptable. I'll submit this wip

Name: Wash Rush
Race: Water Genasi
Class: Gloom Stalker Ranger
Background: Sailor

Appearance: I have pearl colored skin that glimmers in bright light, and a deep green and blue highlighted hair that sways above and around my head as though I were underwater unless I focus on making it rest. My eyes are larger than other people, better suited for the depths the sun can't reach. I wear a chain shirt bearing my father's sigil, with my own colors.

Personality: At sea I'm comfortable and happy, I love it, whether in the crow's nest or diving deep to pry my anchor from a snag. I love swimming along the ship when the wind is weak. I love my mother, and would follow any command of hers to my death, I respect my father but wish I saw him more. On land I can never properly busy myself, and feel like I could be doing more, I feel like I don't have a lot in common with people living on land.

History: My mother was born on a ship at sea, both of her parents were slaves who worked for a merchant on various vessels and down the line to ship wrights hundreds of years ago. Alice Rush was and is a gorgeous half elven woman, never aging, through life she's had to assess and overcome many hardships, she bought herself out of slavery and managed to get her own fishing boat at age 20. A consummate bard, she has never been at a loss and thinks quickly. Her hard work paid off when she became the first woman to captain a ship in the royal navy, my father christened the ship, Maiden's Malice, and my mother in the same night. When I was born my father came to see me, and while I wasn't made legitimate he spent a week commenting on what features we shared and discussing what we would do as I grew.

His love for me faded very quickly, and he seems to have forgotten me, but I joined his navy at age 3. My mother taught me everything I needed to know and I moved up the ranks on her ship. I was a strong swimmer, and during a storm learned that I couldn't drown afterwards I began repairing the outside of the ship at sea, and scouting for schools to fish.

I was on the verge of being granted my own ship for my role in rebuffing an attack from the suahagin, I was able to track their den and signal a bombardment that would otherwise not have been possible.

On the day I was to reach l receive my own ship and rank of captain my father was killed and my ceremony rightfully postponed. I still want my ship, but now maybe I think I should take the whole navy for my own. My mother has counseled me to press my claim, and I believe that she can help me do so successfully.

After the assassination Alice and Wash together returned to Maiden's Malice in the harbor and immediately she used her charms and way with words to rally the sailors to her son. His sigil matched the dead king's making their cause easier when his banner unfurled. Her eyes are on the horizon, slave to mother of the king.

Last edited by Nikolas; 04-28-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:56 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Looks cool, Wraith! Too neat to pass up
Kade Ghostheart
right-aligned image

Kade 'Ghostheart'
Theme song

Race: Aasimar - Scourge
Class: Warlock - Hexblade
Height: 6'2
Background: Urchin
Alignment: NG

Personality Traits:
- I am intense. When I have a goal no one will stop me.
- There is wrath waiting for those who would belittle and hurt others, especially those unable to fight back.
- Never have I been shy to share what’s on my mind.

Ideal:
- Vengeance. My mother was humiliated and broken by the deeds of my skirt-chasing father. The temple and my home were attacked and my brother was almost killed. I want revenge on those who would willingly hurt others who have done nothing to deserve it.
- Doppelganger. Most believe my brother and I are actually the same person. I will use that to keep my brother safe, no matter what.

Bond:
- Family is dear to me and I will do anything for them.
- Trust is given only when it’s earned. When it’s earned, never break it.

Flaw:
- My anger has a short fuse and is quick to light.
- I am restless. I always need to be on the move or fiddle with something, sometimes accidentally breaking it.

Appearance/Personality: Kade is tall and lithe, quick with a temper and genuine with an apology if he finds one deserving of it. His short, blond hair is almost radiantly bright--some say it almost looks like strands of gold. His dark green eyes flash between anger or boredom, although sometimes his mood can be cheery if he isn't feeling the constant pressure to succeed in his goals. He's extremely protective of those he loves and cares for, and there isn't anything he wouldn't do for them even if it leads to his own demise. His armor is functional if a little patchwork, having to bargain and scavenge for most of what he has.

Backstory: Kade’s mother, Milena, was once a singer and many came from far and wide to listen to her sing and to see a woman who’s beauty some said had no equal. The rumors spread to Vari about this enchantress and he made her his illustrious courtesan. She was showered with wealth and fineries she had never known in her quiet life as an entertainer. She would sing songs just for Vari, her voice gifted by the gods themselves. But, soon after their dalliances she was expecting twins Kayl and Kade. Once Vari knew about the pregnancy he left Milena, seeing her less and less, seemingly have grown bored of her or figured his conquest was over. Even after the twins were born Milena continually vied to regain his attention, but all of her desperate attempts were met with nothing. Broken, she no longer sang her beautiful songs to anyone and the family soon became destitute.

In order to eat, Kayl and Kade often played tricks on villagers, using their identical looks to deceive and distract and help their mother. They gained notoriety among the slum children as the 'Double-dealers' with their cheating and swindling knowing no bounds. At twelve, the twins’ offenses became more serious and eventually landed them with hard jail time. Milena was distraught over her sons, so pleaded to a local priestess to intervene on their sentencing. In exchange, they were to live and work for the temple that protected an ancient artifact-- a weapon once wielded by a great hero, Jura, that was laid to rest. Her weapon, the Stone of Jura, was rumored to have an armory held within it.

Kade’s brother Kayl, the more cool-tempered of the two, took to the quieter life with ease. The temple library was his brother’s safe heaven and began to study as a monk. Kade, however, didn’t like the secure lifestyle and usually caused havoc now and again.

NPC info

DM Secretsss

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 05-03-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:40 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Are genasi considered of human lineage here?
Yup. I knew my list wasn't exhaustive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizards
During these visits, a mortal might catch a genie’s eye. Friendship forms, romance blooms, and sometimes children result. These children are genasi: individuals with ties to two worlds, yet belonging to neither. Some genasi are born of mortal–genie unions, others have two genasi as parents, and a rare few have a genie further up their family tree, manifesting an elemental heritage that’s lain dormant for generations.
For the purposes of this game, I'd ask that you use the last, italicised origin. Vari wouldn't have had contact with a genie and would have loved the opportunity to have had a genasi in his repertoire, but it didn't happen. If he did, it would have been a very objectifying/fetishised relationship. If you want to reflect that in your relationship with Vari, it'd have been very similar, but it'd also have a tinge of... you'd be seen more as a pet/possession/source of power than a child and he'd likely see relationship as disgraceful.