RPXP: 511
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
Alright, I'll just have to make a quick change lol
Old 04-27-2019, 10:54 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1895
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Okay, so, I think I might be done? I welcome any feed back or suggestions you have! I can change whatever what needs to be fixed up

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 04-27-2019, 11:54 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3543
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Okay, so, I think I might be done? I welcome any feed back or suggestions you have! I can change whatever what needs to be fixed up
I'm actually working on notes for everyone with at least a partial backstory.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:57 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Ah sweet, okay!

Old 04-28-2019, 12:24 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Updated.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:04 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3438
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Some notes would be amazing, as I have the uneasy feeling at the back of my mind that my guy is a tad too hammy at the moment, and some direction to refine my application would be quite appreciated.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:23 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3543
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Everyone: Without tying yourself 100% to someone else that might not make it into the game, you may want to consider how you might know some of your siblings and pick one or two to establish something with. At the same time, not knowing people at the start of the game can make for interesting roleplay. It's completely your choice, and it can easily be done during "Session Zero" time while we wait on people to tidy up character sheets and such. That said, I also love co-applications where people tie their things together. MORE AT BOTTOM

tomplum: Great background. If you're in, I'd use Gorush as an NPC to tie Iggi into the world. Could you give me a few details about her as you imagine her? (Race, class & level [if applicable], background [mechanical])
I would like to know your Patron and Pact before accepting the application.

KhamLuc: I dig it. If you're in, I'd use Slide as an NPC to tie Rystael into the world. Could you give me a few details about her as you imagine her? (Race, class & level [if applicable], background [mechanical])

Stormhammer: I love the story, but it leaves me wondering: If he's a foundling, how did rumours of his relation to Vari came about. Can you come up with something?

Harkness: Great job tying Faldon's mother into the story. Could you give me a few details about her as you imagine her? (Race, class & level [if applicable], background [mechanical]).

RadarD: I don't see any issues with your application or back story. My only note is that you'll want to consider how you tie into the world, but you can just think on it and use it as roleplay material if you're selected.

Jim Faindel: Vari didn't sail the high seas. In the beginning he was a smuggler that went from the bays into the swamps, but after consolidating his power he stayed on land and let others take the dangerous roles. All you need to do to correct it is have Astrid sail into port under parley. She could have been harassing his supply ships and privateers on the seas, or something similar, and all is good. Reading your concerns, I don't think the application is hammy. If you're concerned about it, I'd say think about why the decisions might be made and clear them up.

Hiruma Kohaku: I like it. What's the current status of your mother? If she's living, could you give me a few details about her as you imagine her? (Race, class & level [if applicable], background [mechanical]).

Nikolas: What's there is good. Could you flesh out your mother more? Could you give me a few details about her as you imagine her? (Race, class & level [if applicable], background [mechanical]).

Odyssey: Good stuff. Could you give me a few details about Sei and Kayl as you imagine them? (Race, class & level [if applicable], background [mechanical]).

EVERYONE: It is going to be tough to make decisions, but I like what I see. There's steep competition here, so even if you're marked complete on the table and you think you're done, you're free to refine until I post that decisions are made. I promise to read everything one more time at the deadline. So far we're sticking with 5/5 (11:59 PM Pacific). I'm open to dialogue about almost anything if you want to massage things. Thanks for all the quality applications.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 826
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Kyris Vicelord

right-aligned image
Name: Kyris Vicelord
Race: Tiefling
Class: Cleric of Bane
Subclass: War Domain
Background: Acolyte
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Personality: "I am intolerant of other faiths and condemn the worship of other gods. I've enjoyed fine food, drink, and high society among my temple's elite. Rough living grates on me. "

Ideal: "Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith's religious hierarchy."

Bond: "I owe my life to the priest that took me in when my mother died."

Flaw: "I'm inflexible in my thinking."

Background: One of the many lovers of Vari, Kyris mother died while giving birth to him. What he does not know is his mother was actually the sister of Astrid and that he has a cousin Saleen who is actually also his sister. Upon her death, Cyrus, a Human Priest of Bane took the child back to his temple and raised him. His mother being a member of the church, Cyrus and her developed a close friendship. He knows everything about her, her background including who the true father of Kyris is. Cyrus is cruel and ruthless. He administers church business with an iron fist. However, he is fiercely devoted to members of the church at large and would give his life for those who he is closest to. Cyrus considers Kyris the son he never had and treats him with kindness and love, even to the point of spoiling him.

Grateful to Bane for rescuing him, Kyris threw himself completely into temple life, serving as an Acolyte, mastering the scriptures and the religious practices of Bane worship. The young Tiefling became completely and totally obsessed. Like his god, Kyris learned how to lie, cheat, plot and scheme to get whatever he wanted. Having been raised by Cyrus, he was spoiled as well, getting whatever he wanted and enjoying the wanton pleasures of the elite temple life. Enjoying this life, he craved more and more power and authority and he saw the Cleric path as the way to secure that power. Going through his training, he became one of the "Rising Stars" in his temple and now that his training is complete, he has been ordained as a War Domain Cleric of Bane. His goal is simple. The suppression of all other faiths in obedience to Bane. For all leaders in this world to humble themselves to the power of Bane and for himself to sit as head of the church.

Mother is deceased. Father figure is as follows:
Name: Cyrus
Race: Tiefling
Class and/or Background: Cleric War Domain

Last edited by TomBombadil; 05-05-2019 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Adding details requested by DM
Old 04-28-2019, 02:52 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3438
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Roger that, will change Astrid's meeting with Vari accordinly.
As for the perceived ham, I've since realized that I'd very much like to write out some of Saraseen thoughts, rather than just narrating what happens to him, show a little more agency on his part, rather than just playing him out as an spoiled heir waiting for destiny to show up or a victim of circumstance. You know, put some meat on his narrative bones. I'll work on that til the deadline.
As well I should! Most other applicants are great and I would love to play with them. Should Saraseen be accepted, I would greatly appreciate seeing him paired with someone like Eztli, whose backstory I found cool as all hell, or even the newcomer Kyris, with whom I'd wager would come some interesting clashes due to their upbringing and faiths.
(By the way, having just spent all day playing on a MTG pre-release, Kyris sounds a lot like a rakdos soul trying to climb the Orzhav carrer ladder, real cool concept!)

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 04-28-2019 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:46 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Sei, the priestess that took Kade and his brother in, is a half-elf monk with a sage or acolyte background. I imagine her as pretty beefy one, so maybe level 10. Kayl is Kade's twin human brother following in Sei's and her temple's path so I'd say he's a monk too, but keep the urchin background for him? Their mother was human but I don't think she had a class or background? Although, now that I think about it, instead if a maid I think their mother could've been a singer at a tavern or something. Maybe a bard haha

I can put these in my application somewhere, but I thought to give my answers before I forgot!

Last edited by Odyssey; 04-28-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:33 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I updated, I hope it looks good.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:21 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
If anyone wants a tie between my character and theirs, my character is good at forging documents (such as creating new identities for the siblings that are currently being hunted based on their lineage). Any other performers or entertainers out there could also team up with my character since she plays an instrument and dances.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:23 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruma Kohaku View Post
If anyone wants a tie between my character and theirs, my character is good at forging documents (such as creating new identities for the siblings that are currently being hunted based on their lineage). Any other performers or entertainers out there could also team up with my character since she plays an instrument and dances.
My mother is a bard, but a sailor first. You may have learned a sea shanty or two from her.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:17 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
@Numen Wrath
Would you allow the Soulknife from UA Mystic?
Old 04-28-2019, 08:03 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 829
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
@numen wrath

Here is the info for Slide Slicky , its one of my other character but in a different time line , kinda some years later from your game . So you can twist his story like you want

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=186362 Game tread of the character feel free to spy you will have the character sheet too in all her post in t his tread

Last edited by KhamLuc; 04-28-2019 at 08:31 PM.